Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013 - roll on the second trimester!

(994 Posts)
Creamtea1 Tue 19-Feb-13 21:05:18

Last one nearly full so thought I would start a new one - new thread, new trimester!

TripleRock Wed 27-Feb-13 19:57:31

Emma, just out of interest, were they able to do nuchal prior to 11 weeks?

I'm half expecting my dates to be put back tomorrow and worried i'll miss out on nuchal due to it being too early.

CharlW1 Wed 27-Feb-13 20:12:08

I've got my scan tomorrow too! sounds like there are a few of us.
Crossing everything and wishing everyone luck smile

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Wed 27-Feb-13 20:14:54

andadietcoke yes the 8th. I should be exactly 12 weeks that day so can't fault them for their timing. I'm just impatient. Have booking in this Saturday, 9.30am, I reckon they put those with children already in early as they know they'll be up!

EmmaDee Wed 27-Feb-13 20:19:17

Triple, they never mentioned it and I feel so silly not to have asked. I assume its different maybe in northern Ireland?

kipsonline Wed 27-Feb-13 20:49:24

Hello new ladies, we are such a large group now, is anyone keeping a track of stats anymore?! What we really need is some whizzy database with names, age, location, EDD, other DC info, pg symptoms, poo status, special rants and top tips!! There should be an app!!!

andadietcoke Wed 27-Feb-13 20:52:00

Some of the other AN threads have a separate stats thread - easier to keep track of I guess?

kipsonline Wed 27-Feb-13 20:53:08

In other news, I told my boss today. He said all the wrong things like 'why do I employ women?' And 'I just thought you were letting yourself go and getting fat!' But he is always like that so I was ready for it. I told him his reaction was on a par with my DH, to which he replied, 'at least he got the 5 minutes of pleasure first?!' WTF....

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Wed 27-Feb-13 20:58:28

Just sent DH to the shop for lemonade. Dunno if it's a proper craving but I neeeeded it.

Eeeknumber3 Wed 27-Feb-13 20:59:30

Hiya diet yep it was corbar, was such a lovely unit. There was lots of local campaigning to keep it, but to no avail sad. I went there for two days after coming back from Macclesfield with ds1, was bliss and the midwives were delightful. Wanted to go after dd1, but no space, as they only had 4 beds, I was gutted! I love Whaley bridge, one of my best mates at school was from there, spent many a happy evening in the jodrell! wink

batfuttocks Wed 27-Feb-13 21:26:17

Kips... You're kidding, right? That's worthy of a tribunal!

SGJ Wed 27-Feb-13 21:26:29

Kips, your boss sounds like a gem! So pleased I'm at work but not teaching tomorrow, as there will be so much lovey scan news to read through!

gonnabeamum Wed 27-Feb-13 21:30:26

Hiya everyone - this is my first post and best thread to introduce myself... due my first baby Sept 20th and get my 12 week scan on the 7th march smile so thankful i have found this site! Its great to know im not the only one suffering the little irritances like nausea, fainting spells and waking up during the night EVERY single night just to pee.........

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Wed 27-Feb-13 22:17:19

kips what an ARSEHOLE

Zoon Wed 27-Feb-13 22:26:02

OMG. After having what has been the worst week of my life ever and i am not exagerating. The consultant just phoned me, my cvs results are back and all fine. Cant even begin to tell you the relief i have. If i wasnt so sore from the procedure i would be jumping up and down. Need to get through the nxt 24 hrs taking it easy rhen the risk of mc dramatically reduces though it does remain slightly increased for another week and a half.

KamikazeeKid Wed 27-Feb-13 22:26:37

[picks jaw up off floor ]

kips thats awful im expecting very similar responses from my female baby hating boss who told me I must wait 3-4 years before trying again as the dept is busy.....

Im 13+3 and still not planning on coming out yet whichmy mil is unhappy about....what is it with other people???!!
I like its just us that know other than you all and mil that is! And anyone who saw her facebook announcment cock up!!!

Kilkers Wed 27-Feb-13 22:29:37

Zoon that's bloody brilliant news, so chuffed for you. Take good care of yourself the next couple of days xx

Rosyisgonnabeamummy Wed 27-Feb-13 22:33:01

Kips - next time take a dictaphone in with you. Record his chauvinistic comments. Then while your in maternity you can have his ass and get a cracking pay out!

Anyone else having ALL DAY headaches ?

Rosyisgonnabeamummy Wed 27-Feb-13 22:34:13

Zoon - phewwww thankswinethanks

KamikazeeKid Wed 27-Feb-13 22:36:59

Brilliant news zoon!

For those with previous c sections. ...do they do repeat sections straight thru the old scar? Wondering how scar tissue holds up second time round? I've got consultant appt next week.

CheeseStrawCraving Wed 27-Feb-13 22:37:19

Kips what a fucker! And kami! Fucking fuckety people. For fucks sake. Wish they'd all just fuck off!

Apologies for my swearing, hope I didn't offend.

In other news, we're telling people now since good scan at 12+1 on Monday, as in all friends etc. anyone else spilling the beans to all or are you all being extra cautious?

WhizzsMum Wed 27-Feb-13 22:49:40

We're not spilling the beans yet, still haven't had my scan date through. Had booking in app' today, mw was lovely but did confirm blood pressure is very low so likely to endure the fainting I had last time. Due to previous issues with cervix I'm being referred to consultant, hopefully all will be ok and I can have the MLU waterbirth I'd like.

ION off to Girls Aloud at the O2 this weekend, last time I saw them I was pg with DD1, and we should be completing next Friday to move into our new house last time we moved I was also pg with DD1!

Congrats to all ladies with great scan news and results today. So looking forward to my scan now. Night ladies.

EmmaDee Wed 27-Feb-13 23:36:12

Kips that's nuts! Although expecting something similar! Two of our friends where over tonight had to retire to bed, could see dh dying to tell them but think we need to tell the in-laws first.

Also feeling a tad irritable, had a mini argument with one off them, so beds the best place if I wanna sustain a friendship!!

SGJ Wed 27-Feb-13 23:41:45

Zoon - fantastic news, big sigh of relief for you! Now rest up!!

jennimoo Thu 28-Feb-13 06:08:43

Zoon - so pleased all is well.

Zoon Thu 28-Feb-13 06:22:29

Thanks everybody! hope we can keep this thread a lucky one.
As for telling people, i am 14wks today and not even family know yet. will probably tell all soon though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now