Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013 - roll on the second trimester!

(994 Posts)
Creamtea1 Tue 19-Feb-13 21:05:18

Last one nearly full so thought I would start a new one - new thread, new trimester!

Rosy I booked my 16 wk midwife as I walked out the surgery after my booking in.

Got to wait until 12th March for my 12wk scan, hence the early private today....

andadietcoke Wed 20-Feb-13 07:16:55

Mine's the 8th, when I'll be 13w. Felt so far away, hence the scan yesterday.

Went to sleep at 8.30 last night. Weird how one symptom (vomiting) fades to make way for another (tiredness and night time heartburn). Still feel sick all day, but haven't actually thrown up since Monday.

Considering telling work today. I think they all know anyway but still. I'm on the management team, so it's a big thing for a fairly small company. I've been there 8 years and they're like my family, so it feels like a big milestone for me.

I can't believe we're on thread 4!!

Good luck today ready and anyone else having scans smile

Marking my place!

Ready, were scan buddies, I'm also going in on the 12th. I've had a wee scan at the EPU so there's defo one in there but they didn't give me a EDD. The appointments not till 2.20pm, any money I wake at 5am!

Toptack Wed 20-Feb-13 07:53:40

Ladies, may I join in please? Am 12 + 2 and have a scan on Friday. Feeling a bit stressed as a) it was a surprise pregnancy - we had been told I wouldn't conceive again naturally and b) it started off as twins, but looks like we've lost one. Oh yes, and c) DH is leaving the forces so we'll currently be jobless and homeless in July.

On the up side, I have no poo problems to report.

Wincher Wed 20-Feb-13 08:18:19

My scan is the 26th, anyone else? I have already had an appointment through the post for my 16 week mw appointment on 2 April. Plus my GTT on 28 May (as I had a previous big baby). My midwife is super organised!

Girraferama Wed 20-Feb-13 08:19:04

Hey Hetty, Jemima and badguider my scan is 4th March too! I'll be 12+1. Thank goodness I'm not the only one with another week and a half to go!!

Good luck today Binary and happy birthday for tomorrow Hetty!

MeanMrsMustard Wed 20-Feb-13 08:32:43

Rosy, I've just had my 12 week scan and the next appointment I have is with a midwife on 15th march.
Every time I see a health care proffessional, I seem to gave to book my next appointment with them. Yesterday I booked in my 20wk scan and 2 weeks ago when I saw the consultant he made me book up the next appointment with him .... In July!

Does everyone else get a growth scan at 30 weeks? My hospital said it is routine there but I've never heard of it ?

Good luck with the scans today!

MeanMrsMustard Wed 20-Feb-13 08:33:16

Get me, not gave me.

Whyriskit Wed 20-Feb-13 08:37:46

My scan is 28th, anyone else. Then mw appointment at 16 wks, arranged at booking, then cardiac scan at 18. Never had growth scans previously but she did mention it at booking.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a big wait yellowhat. Mine's at 10am so I'm quite glad it'll be out of the way early :-)

PurplePoppySeed Wed 20-Feb-13 09:07:24

I'm also waiting until 13th march for my 12w scan, but have been lucky ebough to have had 2 early scans already - as little bean was way smaller than expected. My scan will be on week 14 my my LMP and 13 by the last scan guess... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll tell me its caught up by then!

fl0b0t Wed 20-Feb-13 10:46:08

Welcome toptack, sounds very stressful...how are you coping?

So I'm 9+3 today, still suffering bad ms but have gone back to work (which is killing me) . Haven't yet got scan date, so watching the post each day with anticipation. Going to Milan for a hen do this weekend, and sadly expect to spend lots if time in the hotel if I continue to feel this terrible.... And I only know the bride! Stressed!

Manoodledo Wed 20-Feb-13 10:46:15

Welcome toptack. Sorry to hear things have been stressful.

My scan is 25th. I finally told my sister yesterday. I'd been putting it off as I knew she'd think we're crazy. Which I'm sure she did, but she didn't say so. She knows we weren't planning a third.

JammyTummy Wed 20-Feb-13 11:00:01

Wincher you and I are scan buddies! I'm 26th too (next tuesday).

Provided all goes well DH and I are planning to have a 3D/ 4D scan at about 30 weeks, although I've never heard of the 30 week scan being offered before as routine. Would be swell though!

Creamtea1 Wed 20-Feb-13 11:03:12

My scans 25th too. Also a birthday on 23rd so next few days should go quickly.

Welcome toptack and hope things are less stressful for you over the next few weeks, this is a good place to rant/moan/chat smile

Off to primark tomorrow to see if anything can be used as maternity type clothes so will report back ladies.

Kittenkatzen Wed 20-Feb-13 12:03:42

wincher and jammy I'm on the 26th too - 10am thankfully, think if I had an afternoon appointment I'd be tearing my hair out! 5 days and counting (today and Tues don't count, obv grin.....in fact neither does the weekend so only 3 days to go woohoo!)

toptack welcome, congratulations and eeek!! Feel free to rant at us lot, hope everything settles down for you soon, very sorry about your twin sad

No mention of a 30 week scan on any of my notes....

nerual Wed 20-Feb-13 12:22:42

I am so jealous of everyone who has a scan date next week!! My scan is only in 4 weeks time (my due date is 30 Sep!).

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Wed 20-Feb-13 13:36:03

Reporting for duty to the new thread!

Has anyone felt anything yet? I'm convinced I felt a flippy floppy sensation earlier today! Am I going mad shock

chocciemousse Wed 20-Feb-13 13:44:00

Yay. More Friday scan buddies. SGJ my scan is not until 4pm. I hope they are not rushing to get out the door for the weekend. I will be nervously anticipating the nuchal results and really don't want to have to wait the weekend out. Is it true the scan is only 85% correct? (I hate the unknown) Or is this only with NHS?

I've been starting to feel more human the last two days. I have even managed to have a few small meals but am still sleeping at least 15 hours a day. I have been off work for a month with hyperemesis and I am due to return next week. I really don't know how I am going to cope but am worried about having any more time off.

It is so great to have this thread as I don't have any family in the UK and my MIL is a right cow. Just wish my husband could see how horrible she was to me. sad

frogchops Wed 20-Feb-13 13:47:41

Just marking my place..... An I think I win the aaaaages until scan comp...mines not until 15th :-( ill be 12+5. It's soooooo long away. Am living hearing everyone's scan experiences tho!

badguider Wed 20-Feb-13 14:14:40

Just to let you know - fatface has a whole bunch of new tunics in for the spring collection which I think I will get instead of proper maternity tops... with a pair of mat jeans and a few pairs of mat leggings that should do me ok for most situations (dressed up with a scarf and blazer, or down with a hoodie cardigan).

chocciemousse Wed 20-Feb-13 14:26:03

Thanks badguider. Just what I have been looking for. I just had a look at them online and I will definitely be buying some when I get paid next week!

kimjayne Wed 20-Feb-13 14:44:22

Whyriskit - looks like we are scan buddies! Mines at 11:30am .... it can't come round fast enough. I am slowly convincing myself that I dreamt the wjo pregnancy thing and there won't be anything there. Only 1 week tomorrow though! smile

Blanketsandpillows Wed 20-Feb-13 14:52:52

I had my scan yesterday but due date out so instead of being 11+5 was measuring just 11. As a result going back in two weeks for the tests we've opted for. But baby looked great and strong heartbeat-it was such a wonderful thing to see! Was told its fine to tell people now so very exciting indeed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now