Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

September 2013 - roll on the second trimester!

(994 Posts)
Creamtea1 Tue 19-Feb-13 21:05:18

Last one nearly full so thought I would start a new one - new thread, new trimester!

Girraferama Tue 19-Feb-13 21:12:52

Whoop whoop, 2nd trimester here we come!

KamikazeeKid Tue 19-Feb-13 21:13:56

Ooo just marking my place....

Scan on 22nd...who are my scan buddies? This week is dragging!!!

kimjayne Tue 19-Feb-13 21:18:17

Blimey, we are gonna be on thread 200 before we give birth at this rate! smile smile

Whyriskit Tue 19-Feb-13 21:25:08

I know kim, we do a lot of talking (mostly about food...).

KamikazeeKid Tue 19-Feb-13 21:26:48

Food. ..cm....and poo....lots of poo talk ha ha!

JammyTummy Tue 19-Feb-13 21:40:29

Just sat in bed with a tub of Strawberry Cheesecake Haagenn Dazs... This is bliss!

WhizzsMum Tue 19-Feb-13 21:45:54

Wow, new thread already!!

I think i'm one of the last to be scanned, booking appointment is not until 27th and then scan I presume will be 7-10 days after that, and i'll be about 12+4 and look like 20weeks instead by then!

badguider Tue 19-Feb-13 21:54:40

I've got ages to wait too whizz I'm away skiing in week 12 so not scanned till 4 March. I'll be about 13+1 I think.

SGJ Tue 19-Feb-13 21:57:11

Kamikazee, so far me and Choccie have scans on Friday 22nd, both in the afternoon... Excited!
Talk of poo reminded me, I am the queen once more and quite frankly disgusted and amazed with my own digestive tract!

WhizzsMum Tue 19-Feb-13 21:59:42

ooh badguider that makes me feel much better smile

jemimahpuddleduck Tue 19-Feb-13 22:03:34

Badguider mines on the 4th too will be 12+3.

Is it really sad that I get excited when we have a new thread? blush

CharlW1 Tue 19-Feb-13 22:04:27

Good Luck for anyone having scans this week x mine is next week - 28th.

Told my boss today as I was feeling that sick this morning plus have thrush (tmi) so I wasn't feeling the best so went in later. So glad I told him as he was so lovely. His wife is due in a couple of weeks so he really is understanding. I have said I don't want anyone else at work to know for a few weeks though - that's if it stays cold enough and I can keep hiding under baggy cardigans!

BinarySolo Tue 19-Feb-13 22:05:10

Marking place. Will update tomorrow after scan!

Rosyisgonnabeamummy Tue 19-Feb-13 22:09:15

I've had my scan today. Due 30/8 but I'm late for everything so I don't imagine il be before or on due date!

I actually laughed out loud at binarysolo one drink rule!! I'm a naturally thirsty person without being preggers. It's awful. I have about a pint an hour at work!

Does anyone know what I do now? Is it midwife at 16w?

Kittenkatzen Tue 19-Feb-13 22:20:15

grin At the one drunk rule! I'm really thirsty too, more so at night. Can only sip though - knocking back pints makes me feel all waterlogged!

pinkbump we have turned down the nuchal screening too. Obviously i can't help you decide if it's right for you or not, but for us it was a process of elimination - we agree we wouldn't terminate, so therefore no point taking the risk of mc caused by CVS/amnio, so therefore having the knowledge of potential low/high risk would likely only cause unnecessary worry.

Kittenkatzen Tue 19-Feb-13 22:21:51

rosy on my schedule of appts that the community midwife gave me on pre-booking it says that I'm to call her after the scan to book an appt with her for 16wks. I'm in Sussex but assume its pretty standard everywhere...

Creamtea1 Tue 19-Feb-13 22:31:37

SJG I forgot to update you and fellow pooers over the weekend..smile I had a bottom end variant of norovirus I think! So Saturday it took me 20 mins to do a poo, it was AWFUL and felt like I had ripped my bottom apart! Then Sunday bottom hell broke loose and the remains of my digestive tract evacuated with no issues at all, must have been half a stone lighter!

Normal thread talk resumed grin

juniper904 Tue 19-Feb-13 22:51:09

I'm constantly thirsty and the desperate need for a drink hits me really suddenly. It's a pain in the arse. I feel like my mouth is drying up and my tongue is going to stop working!

I end up waking up about 5 times a night to drink and wee. Not at the same time, obviously! I've had a private scan and there's definitely only one blob in there, so not a twin thing thank god

Pinkbump3 Tue 19-Feb-13 23:11:14

manoo and kitten i turned down for the reason that it wouldnt change anything i would still go ahead and in previous pg i have turned down also dont know why but i just seemed to waiver tonight thinking about it. But kitten you just reminded me that it would be just another unnecessary worry as we wouldnt terminate either thanks! smile

Kilkers Tue 19-Feb-13 23:40:05

Great to hear everyone's lovely scan news today, speshley you dietcoke and your twinnies grin My scan's not until the 11th March so feels like forever away, I'll be 12+4.

Creamtea, I never thought I'd be jealous of someone having the shits! I hope you and your bottom are feeling all better now! wink

BinarySolo Wed 20-Feb-13 06:33:03

Scan today at 3pm. Feeling slightly nervous as well as excited. I'm going to take ds to singing group at the library as usual his morning to try and distract my self. Also have dogs to walk and ducks to feed so will try to keep busy.

LexyMa Wed 20-Feb-13 06:40:55

just checked some of the other antenatal thread titles - August is still only 300 posts into thread 3, and June's group is 450 posts into thread 3. This is our fourth thread!!! They must have fewer posters than us (or less poo issues).

HettySunshine Wed 20-Feb-13 06:57:53

My scan is on 4 March. I'm trying to make it seem less far away by thinking that it is birthday tomorrow, so the rest of this week doesn't count as there are lots of nice things happening, and weekends always go really quickly so we can take those out too and I have a training course next Wednesday morning so that doesn't count either, so there's only four and a half days to go!

HettySunshine Wed 20-Feb-13 06:59:09

*my birthday - stoopid phone typing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now