Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Oct 2013 come and grab a seat on the first trimester bus!

(981 Posts)

New thread grin

That's definitely WOW Natalie fingers crossed for a couple of strong heartbeats next scan!

Have you had lots of symptoms?

roofio87 Mon 18-Feb-13 20:02:23

oh Natalie I'm so glad the scan went well,even if a little shocking for you!! our first twins!! congrats xx

Rockchick1984 Mon 18-Feb-13 20:06:12

Bronze the walk-in Early Pregnancy Units are just for problems eg bleeding, very bad pains etc. Any questions can probably be answere here for you or as Terrified said you can call the midwife unit and they should help you over the phone.

Wow, Natalie, twins!! How do you feel about it? Congratulations!!

Hayle why not get a dr's appointment and if they prescribe it again then use the old tablets before the new prescription? I think it has to be pretty extreme sickness before they recommend taking any anti-nausea tablets though.

Haylebop12 Mon 18-Feb-13 20:11:34

natalie wow congrats!

I just want to nip this sickness in the bud before it takes over my life and get admitted.

Haylebop12 Mon 18-Feb-13 20:12:18

I have work at 6am :-/

cherrycherry41 Mon 18-Feb-13 20:15:36

Natalie MASSIVE CONGRATS!!!!! grin

candr Mon 18-Feb-13 20:21:52

Congrats on twins Natalie, I am a twin but identicle so not genetic, non identice run on DH side so a bit worried as we can't fit 3DC in this house.
To those worrying about Dr app, normaly when you find you are pg you go and tell them, they ask a couple of questions and work out your EDD and that is it. You then get 2 scan letters and your free medical card in the post some time later. If you have not had scan letter by 11weeks contact them so you can get a scan by 12weeks.
For sickness I was advised to eat a dry cracker in bed before getting up (didn't work for me but might for you Haylebop12

pinkmoonlight Mon 18-Feb-13 20:34:03

Congratulations Natalie! Amazing news!

JellyCurls Mon 18-Feb-13 20:42:24

Yikes and congratulations natalie hope you are keeping well.

My tummy hurts and I don't know why sad. It's low down near pelvis and not crampy but definitely sore. I ran after dc2 today and my groin was sore hope hope hoping its not SPD starting early. At 12 weeks with dc2 I felt like my insides were falling out.

Is it safe to cuddle a hot water bottle in early pregnancy, 8 weeks tomorrow I think?

Natalieand Mon 18-Feb-13 20:44:37

Yes falcon my half sister has non identical twins and my NANs sister was a twin

Ahhhhhh I'm so excited got like a permanent grin on my face lol xxx

Natalieand Mon 18-Feb-13 20:46:46

Oops sorry wasn't being rude, it didn't update all ur congrats messages until after I posted that last message lol

No major symptoms bit of an upset tummy and sore boobs but nothing major other than that

Tiredness has been a major issue tho tbh

So excited :-) having another scan me to Monday to check on the progress xxxx

moonblues Mon 18-Feb-13 20:58:56

Wow Natalie - congratulations! smile

BirdsDoIt Mon 18-Feb-13 21:05:00

Hello everyone - wow, can't believe we're on page 4 of this thread already! I've been trying to ration myself to looking at all these posts once a day after a week ago when I got completely obsessed with it and pregnancy time started to slow down to a very very slow crawl...it's kind of worked, the last five days have been slightly less spent in counting every minute and monitoring every twinge. At 7+3 weeks now I think...

Congrats on twins Natalie! So exciting! I doubt we'll get twins - just keeping all fingers and toes crossed for one healthy baby - but I do have a secret hope that he/she will be ginger :-)

I love the idea of including the scan at the end of your wedding album. Unfortunately that would mean I need to get a move on and do our wedding album!

Has anyone else started doing inexplicably stupid things? I am incredibly forgetful at the moment. The best (worst) yet was on Thursday night when I drove round to supermarket to buy a few things, and it was only when I came back to the car twenty minutes later that I thought, hmm, where are the car keys? And then, that's odd, why are the car headlights still on? Turns out I had literally got out of the car and walked away leaving the keys in the ignition!!! Can I blame this on pregnancy?

Birds my friend had a darling baby boy lsst week with a glorious head of red hair!

I haven't done anything too stupid yet although couldn't find my car in car park after work on sunday, problem being I had our huge truck not my car! There was only a few cars in car park and it's huge no idea how I missed it! I was dreadful last pg DH must have forgotten he said he would have to get me a carer to accompany me everywhere if we had any more (think calling him from garage saying I had put wrong fuel in the car was last straw) grin

My nipples hurt (only real symptom so far) never had it with either DD so of course I'm thinking it's prob a boy smile

Umlauf Mon 18-Feb-13 21:25:12

Congratulations Natalie! Twin mum! DH is a bit jealous because he has a weird logic that if someone in the group has twins we are less likely to (he really really wants twins!) how exciting for you and what a massive shock!

birds I also really really really want the baby to have proper red hair. DH has the most incredible hair, the richest red I've ever seen and I would love for the baby to share it. Problem in I'm boring mousey colour as is my entire family and I think genetically that wins. Fingers tightly crossed!!

Livened Mon 18-Feb-13 21:46:53

Twins! Amazing news Natalie.

After a duff week when DS and I got hand foot and mouth, I'm feeling sooo much better. Also poas again today and still pregnant. Early scan booked for 2nd March (private).

My son is bein such an angel recently - sleeping well etc, but I'm still worrying about how to cope with a newborn and a 22 month old!

It's amazing how much each areas booking in antenatal care differs. My docs just give you the telephone number for the hospital maternity unit and they arrange a booking in appointment at around 6/7 weeks with a community midwife. They then arrange the 12 week scan and nuchal fold test etc. I don't think I could wait until 16 weeks for my first scan!

Anyone else planning to find out what sex they are having? We knew we were having a boy last time, and it was lovely to plan things and imagine what he would be like.

Ooh new thread is it?

I've been feeling pretty rough and sorry for myself but I went swimming tonight and started eating a bit more healthily today, and that's helped.

Natalie and Umlauf (ooh and someone else was sounding like a possible...) please have the twins! I can't imagine how much work that would be!

Got the midwife appt on Friday. I think we will discuss options for where to have the baby. There is a midwife lead birthing centre locally, I'd love to go there, but I'm not sure if the demand is too high. Hmm.

CelticPromise Mon 18-Feb-13 22:05:10

Pannacotta the one near me is really underused, apparently people want to be closer to hospital just in case. I booked there last time and it looks amazing, but I had to have a section so they won't take me now.sad Hope you get in where you want!

Natalieand Mon 18-Feb-13 22:11:32

Ahhh thanks for all the congrats guys, just hoping that when I go back for a rescan next monday that all is well and there are two tiny heart beats:-) this is gunna be the slowest week ever!! So glad I'm not suffering the ms thug having an upset tummy is bad enough for me lol

Can't believe some of us r 8 weeks already not far from the 12 weeks mark. I have a while to go yet as I'm only 5+5 :-( xxx

You're not in Tower Hamlets are you Celtic? wink

I actually live much closer to the hospital than the birthing centre is, so I'm wondering if I could aim for a water birth at home if I can't get into the birthing centre, or even anyway... Would have all the comforts of the birthing centre (water birth, double bed, midwife to myself etc) with a much quicker dash in case of emergency.

roxvox Mon 18-Feb-13 22:43:43

I can't quite believe that I am 7 weeks tomorrow! Ugh I hope everything is alright in there!

Congrats Natalieand, that's amazing news! I'd love to have twins and fraternal twins run in my family, but with my lack of symptoms I am sure that my HCG levels aren't high enough for someone having twins!

I've got my first midwife appointment on Wednesday. What should I expect? DH is coming along too. Can they measure my HCG levels there and then to check that they're nice and high?

roxvox Mon 18-Feb-13 22:48:13

I should point out that I am guessing that you'd have higher HCG levels if you we're pregnant with twins, but I have no idea whether that's factual (most probably way off the mark!)

I'd like to have twins because DH's ideal number of children would be one, whereas I want 2, so having two at once would avoid a conversation in the future wink

Prisci Mon 18-Feb-13 22:59:37

Hello,

Just found out I might be 5 weeks PG with DC 3. Completely shocked shock, used contraception and definitely was not planning on being PG again. So far, cross finger need the loo a lot and quite moody but that's all.

tackytiger Tue 19-Feb-13 06:27:36

Whoo twins! Just popping in to post on the new thread-can't believe the Oct thread I started has filled up so fast!
I'm doing well, still no real sickness or cravings just like with my first pregnancy.
Roll on 18 March for my scan!
On phone, so could someone add me to the list please?
Tackytiger, 32, 1DD, EDD 28 September

Rockchick1984 Tue 19-Feb-13 07:55:53

Morning ladies! Well, having been smug pregnant lady with no morning sickness last time around, I've been so rough this morning! DH bought me a pregnancy Pilates DVD which I did yesterday and felt amazing for; tried to do it first thing this morning and threw up less than 5 mins into it envy <--vom face. Not sure if it was the exercise that caused it, or if it's just all kicking off for me now.

Welcome Prisci

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now