Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

July 2013 - thread 5 - baby kicks and scan pics, we're halfway there!

(961 Posts)
dinkystinky Sat 16-Feb-13 20:04:23

New thread to natter on. Will go find the due date thread to link on in a tick...

dinkystinky Wed 13-Mar-13 11:33:36
dinkystinky Wed 13-Mar-13 11:23:23

Schro - I've been having Braxton Hicks for the past 6 weeks or so. Not painful, just tightenings. I think the cold makes them feel more marked. Hope GP reassures you.

BB01 - hope you had a lovely holiday and the accident didnt spoil it for you. DH went on lots of adventurous holidays pre-DC - and we've been on lots of lovely holidays post DC (including our first holiday without the DC in October when I managed to get sprogged up again). Your holidays adapt but they're still fun and adventurous - while the baby is small, you can pretty much go anywhere you want and do anything you want to as they are pretty portable (all the gubbins that comes with them isnt though). DS1 and DS2 have been to the states several times and around a lot of europe. I'd love to take them further a field - they'd love whale watching in South Africa (friends have taken their DC to South Africa, Bale, China, Australia etc with no issues) but will be waiting till Bean is older now for that.

Ginger - not been pregnant over the summer before but am planning on wearing tank tops/cardis and trousers/skirts, maxi dresses for work and lots and lots of layers (given how brr last June was!).

Seems that new thread title is a goer so will set it up in a minute.

Gingerpanther27 Wed 13-Mar-13 11:12:54

schro am in Inverness

Thanks everyone, I'm sure it will be fine, just can't remember them being this painful!

Already had the GP appt for something completely different...

Ginger Whereabouts are you? I'm in Glasgow.

TomDaleysTrunks Wed 13-Mar-13 10:55:30

Love that name dinky. Will let you know about Kos, hotel looks great so fingers crossed. Will check out those online - thanks.

Yep that is possible shro. Mine are uncomfortable but def ask the GP.

photographerlady Wed 13-Mar-13 10:53:00

SchroSawMargeryDaw glad you could get an appointment so quickly try drinking some water too to make sure you are properly hydrated.

BB01 Wed 13-Mar-13 10:52:52

Am v v behind on this thread! Another babymooner here. Just got back from a final week of luxury in the sun - was amazing! Somebody (sorry forgotten names again) mentioned being a bit sad at it being last hol with OH. I have been in two minds 'ahhing' over cute families and kids having fun and then almost feeling tearful that it's unlikely to be just the two of us next time we go away! We're also v keen holiday-goers I know you can still go as a family and in many ways sure it'll be even more fun. But on flip side I don't think we'll be able to afford the same sort of holidays and it just seems like the end of an era!

Also managed to fall over on last day and have to go to hosp today for anti-d injection and a check-up. Typical, have had so many 'adventurous' holidays backpacking and climbing mountains and NO injuries,and we decide to have a luxury all-inclusive break and I slip up on a bit of wet floor! Just hope all is ok in there but the kicking doesn't seem to have been any less violent since the fall (LO has gone crazy in past week - the outbound flight seemed to wake it up and it's not rested since!).

Sorry to hear some are still feeling ill/feeling ill again. Hope you all feel much better soon. The weather can't help - it's so frickin cold here still.

Also thanks so much to whoever wrote about Cosatto Giggle purchase. Read your post few days ago but lost it now. Will def persevere in trying to track one down to have a look at.

Congrats on all the successful scans!

Gingerpanther27 Wed 13-Mar-13 10:52:04

dinky I like that thread name as well grin
schro I had a couple of braxton hicks last week that were really fecking sore when I was only 22 weeks, asked midwife and she said nope not too early
I had the realisation last night than none of my summer wardrobe has a hope in hell of fitting well if it's seasonaly appropriate that is hmm I do stay in north Scotland lol but what do you wear? if it isn't pissing down or just been cold

esme80 Wed 13-Mar-13 10:48:06

Firstly am no expert, but mine have not been painful as such, just a bit uncomfortable. Good thing you have gp appointment, they will help you. Sit back till then, try to relax (easier said than done I know).

I've been sitting not moving for ages and am still getting them. I have a GP appt in 30 mins so I will ask then.

They're not meant to be painful are they? confused And they are definitely tightenings at the same time.

esme80 Wed 13-Mar-13 10:40:38

schro if very painful and you are worried then maybe call your midwife for assurance?

esme80 Wed 13-Mar-13 10:39:36

dinky I got a dress for wedding, maxi dress from new look only £20! Figured then I could get new handbag etc that I can use again.

schro I get braxton hicka when I walk, so have to slow down as get out of breath and takes ages to get anywhere...

Anyone?

<worried>

photographerlady Wed 13-Mar-13 10:33:27

liking that name dinkystinky grin

I swear to God I am getting Braxton Hicks... Surely that's not possible this early? They are starting to really fucking hurt.

20+5

PhieEl06 Wed 13-Mar-13 10:17:20

I haven't really caught up yet but yes dinky I like that name. <grin>

I like that thread name! grin

dinkystinky Wed 13-Mar-13 09:59:32

Tom - my holiday wardrobe for our holiday in Lanzarote in April is going to be a few tops and skirts, cardi for cool evenings, a tankini and some maxi dresses. Topshop and H&M have a few cheap maxi dresses and sun dresses in stock now. I got a couple which are good for bfing also which are a bit more expensive - one from Seraphine (gorgeous green colour) and black and white one from Jojomamanbebe (with the MN discount). Also nice tankinis on sale via JJMB.

Sorry MIL is being a pain in the bum - hope things settle down soon. Never been to Kos but DH is keen to go - let me know how it goes.

We need a new thread soon - how about

July 2013, thread 6: cankles, bumps, strangely placed lumps, the glamours of pregnancy go on and on

grin

Tom New look has loads of lovely maternity dresses, really cheap and tankinis too. I like Red Herring as well and Debenhams have a sale on!

Congrats to everyone who had a good scan! smile

TomDaleysTrunks Wed 13-Mar-13 09:48:51

grin esme funny about lying about your dates, I did that the other day too!
I second dinky advice on cankles! The glamour of pregnancy indeed. I can add piles to my list this week.

Sleepless night sue to DD coughing and baby kicking constantly. Might have some zzzz's on the sofa this morning.

Any advice on holiday wardrobes? We are going to Kos in May for a week. Can't wait. Need a tankini and a couple of dresses. We are also supposed to be going to Spain to see the in laws but I'm currently refusing due to MIL being a total cah on DDs birthday. Poor DH doesn't know what to do, feel a bit mean.

Right, day off today so it's time for washing, ironing and a trip into town to get some ideas for DD bedroom. She's getting an upgrade so baby can have her Cot etc.

dinkystinky Wed 13-Mar-13 09:11:50

x-posts Esme - there are some really lovely maxi dresses on Seraphine website (price between £45 and £60 I think) at the moment - may be perfect for a late May wedding...

esme80 Wed 13-Mar-13 09:10:25

dinky the other day a woman in the gym asked when I was due, and I said june just to not get that oh wow, really look at my belly!

esme80 Wed 13-Mar-13 09:08:44

Wedding is end of may i mean, that would be a little too close!

dinkystinky Wed 13-Mar-13 09:05:46

Vinegar - big H&M on Regent Street is the best laid out one I've seen - maternity (and kids stuff) on lower ground floor and changing room on same floor and nice big roomy cubicles. All the others are really badly laid out.

Congrats on good scans Shiv, Tom and Liz - and on pink bump Liz and blue bump Shiv.

Photographer - swollen ankles are hugely common in pregnancy. Lying back on ground with your legs up the wall (part your legs abit) is a great way to reduce the swelling. Probably not what you feel like after a 1.5 hr commute home though... I'm also ginormous - look about 7 months gone! People are v v shocked when I say I'm not due till July.

Also in the viability club from this week (though keep forgetting how pregnant I am). Hurrah.

esme80 Wed 13-Mar-13 09:03:57

Happy belated birthday abzs!

24 weeks today, hadnt even thought of viability, but now also having small dance!

We have a wedding end of june im bournemouth area, and are going to make a weekend away out of itas my mother is having ds. Will be massive by then though... Already massive, dont think I was this big till 34 weeks last time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now