Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

May 2013 - celebrating our entry into the 3rd trimester and an early arrival!

(1000 Posts)
SevenReasonsToSmile Thu 14-Feb-13 20:35:41

Welcome to the new thread, grab a brew.

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 22-Feb-13 10:41:39

Hi to mrsmooms and welcome back mockingbirds.

roast the last trimester is tough, we're uncomfy yet having a baby still feels like weeks away. Come August you'll be snuggling your baby and walking in the park on hot sunny days with the pram, they'll be waking up hungover and moaning about it being too hot.

My cold has now progressed to having completely lost my voice. I'm so congested and have a chesty cough, the linctus and paracetamol I've been told to use aren't even touching it.

Ellypoo Fri 22-Feb-13 12:48:49

Hi all!
TGIF!!! Am absolutely shattered - had to go to London with work yesterday, so a really long day & a lot of waddling, so I can barely move today but am working from home, so that's helping at least! DH made the fire before he went to work, so I'm nice and snuggly!!
We are going to a ball tonight, so going to finish work early so I can have a nice bath and possibly a nap before having to get ready! Not overly looking forward to it, but should be a lovely meal at least! We are going with great friends though, and she is about 7 weeks pg with their second, so we'll be able to have lots of pg talk!!!

I hope your cold improves very soon seven, it's rubbish not being able to take anything, isn't it!

shelly81 Fri 22-Feb-13 17:36:41

Hiya ladies ... Hope everyones well ... Does anyone else feel like they've been pregnant FOREVER ....god its so long haha xxx

Boodstress Fri 22-Feb-13 18:21:41

Wow Elly very impressed with your ball, I haven't made it back down the stairs after boys 7pm bedtime any night this week.

30 weeks today shelly and feel like its speeding up again - I just know we have a lot to do before little one arrives but OMG Easter hols with two busy boys and a creaky pelvis... How I will cope is anyone's guess confused

Catchingmockingbirds Fri 22-Feb-13 19:12:59

Yes shelly, it's taking so long, I wish she'd just hurry up and get here. I've still got another 13 weeks to go.

10storeylovesong Sat 23-Feb-13 06:52:28

catching be careful what you wish for!!

scooby26 Sat 23-Feb-13 09:56:24

Morning all,

27w 1d here. Just done 6 days at work and got today to do til 3 days off...
It's snowing up here...

Still got 8 weeks til I start my leave which I'll be taking directly before maternity leave..

Got 28 wk appt this week and a swab to test for group b strep in this pregnancy ( had last time ) then I really must decide which hospital I want to use! :-)

Elly- hope you had a lovely night.it was my bday yesterday and I could not face getting ready and going out!!!!

10- how's it all going?

Feeling exhausted here- much more than last time- but I guess I'm working shifts and have a toddler so no just staying in bed like last time!
Bump seems much bigger and much lower- quite uncomfy at times...

Enjoy ur wkend ladies!

ng1412 Sat 23-Feb-13 14:19:33

Had my full GTT today, had to have bloods then sugary drink then more bloods after an hour and after 2 hours and I had to wait in the waiting room, they wouldn't let me leave until the end! Was exhausting as it had snowed overnight here so we have lots and lots of snow and uncleared roads as I went first thing!

Glad it is over, hope results are not too bad but have been eating a lot of sweet stuff recently. Totally lost interest in savoury foods.

Shelly I am 28 weeks tomorrow and it definitely feels like it is dragging now.

10 how are you and little Sebastian getting on. Hope you are both thriving x

Ellypoo Sat 23-Feb-13 18:09:35

The ball was lovely but am totally shattered today. I went to bed for a couple of hours before I had to get ready which was very necessary, otherwise I would have been asleep before the main course!!

Had some awful news today though, it looks like mil has got cancer of the oesophagus (sp?) so we are a bit in shock really - they are discussing her results etc on Tuesday so we should know more next week, but generally the prognosis isn't great hmm. It would just be nice to be able to be happy and look forward for a bit.

It's snowing here again too but don't think it's going to be too bad.

Hope GTT results come back ok - I haven't heard anything but they said no news is good news so that's fine!

29+4 and 4 weeks left at work before 1 week annual leave then mat leave - yay!!

tasmaniandevilchaser Sat 23-Feb-13 18:17:30

elly so sorry to hear about your MIL, that's awful news.

betsy hope you and your family are holding up as well as you can under the circumstances.

I'm another one feeling completely shattered, sure I wasn't so tired last time. My PGP has gone downhill after a great few days, got a referral to the physio but not sure what they can do..... Has anyone seen a physio? What did they actually do, last time they just said try the exercises and hold on til you give birth! elly remember you got crutches, did,they do anything else?

tasmaniandevilchaser Sat 23-Feb-13 18:18:56

Oh and I'm 29+4, just 3 wks of work to go before my annual leave, can't wait!

Artichook Sat 23-Feb-13 18:41:21

Elly - so sorry to hear about your MiL, I hope the appointment isn't as bleak as you fear it might be.

10 - I hope Seb is doing OK. It must have been v scary when he needed oxygen. I can't imagine what that must have been like for you.

I'm v ill: hacking cough, wheezing, fever. The cough makes my pelvis ache so badly and my pelvic floor ain't behaving as I'd like when I cough. Utterly miserable. Oh, and the DDs both have friends sleeping over so I have four girls aged 6 and under screaming with excitement upstairs.

Artichook Sat 23-Feb-13 18:42:31

Btw I've changed my name a bit AGAIN. I hope you can all recognise me. The names are all variations in a theme.

lollypopsicle Sat 23-Feb-13 18:52:50

taz when I had physio she asked me to strip to bra and pants and looked at the way I stood. she then made my lie on my stomach and poked at my back to find tender areas. she then stretched my leg out, massaged my back and one bum cheek blush then she showed me how to do a few exercises. I then had to continue these exercises at home. I have to say, I was amazed at the immediate difference. I walked in with a limp and walked out without 1. That was 3 weeks ago and while I still have pain, its like the clock has been turned back a few weeks and I'm keeping it under control. she also gave me a tuby grip to wear that goes from my hips and over my bump. for me, it was worth it.

elly sorry to hear about your mil. thanks

berri Sat 23-Feb-13 19:07:00

arti that sounds like fun shock

elly I'm sorry to hear about your mil, hope the results come back with some treatment which might help.

Hope everyone's coughs and colds bugger off soon!

Happy belated birthday scooby! smile

Ellypoo Sat 23-Feb-13 20:04:59

Thanks all, just a really worrying time - feels like we've had so many problems & setbacks over the last few years.

Tas the physio gave me some quite useful exercises, some pelvic floor, some with a birth ball - also gave me support belt and a tubi grip thing for support. I def found it useful going.

SevenReasonsToSmile Sat 23-Feb-13 20:38:08

elly so sorry to hear about your MIL.

scooby happy belated birthday, you should have said smile. I had to tell them which hospital I wanted to use at the start of my booking in appt!

ng hope the results are ok, I've also been eating far too much sweet stuff. Where are you? We've had hardly any snow here thankfully.

tas sorry you're suffering with PGP, hope the physio improves things a bit for you. When is the appointment?

arti sorry you're ill, hope you cope with the sleepover ok. I'll confess that my cough has been testing my pelvic floor somewhat.

My voice is back today but I'm still croaky and my cough is worse than it was before. I'm just so congested though and getting fed up with it.

Is anyone thinking about using reusable nappies btw? I'm contemplating it for this one. I worked out earlier that by potty training at 2.5 you use roughly 4000 nappies, if they're brand name ones that's nearly £600. With DD being 17 months when this one arrives and therefore probably in nappies for another year that's a lot of extra expense!

Betsy Hope you are ok and continuing with your positive outlook.

Elly sorry to hear about your MIL.I hope you aren't in too much pain as well.Sending virtual hugs.

Scooby Happy belated birthday.

Bet those of you with maternityeave coming up soon can't wait.

I just had an epic fail.Thought a nice warm bath might soothe baby to sleep as I can't sleep at night due to him always being awake.Anyway whilst removing leggings for bath I hurt myself (grr forgot about trying to bend with bump) then the kids needed the loo and ds2 showed his extreme shock at catching site of my noonie and telling me 'wow mum you are so hairy'. hmmI can't see it any more.Usually do my own waxing and obviously can no longer reach.

To top it all off baby seems more awake than ever after my soothing bath.

Bunnychan Sun 24-Feb-13 04:07:24

Morning ladies- I'm wide awake after the most terrifying nightmare about bleeding massive clots/ trying to get hold of the delivery suit and no one answering/ not having anything packed as only 27 weeks. Never been so happy to be awake at 4 am! This is my second dream this week about not having anything ready- anxious much?
Sorry to hear that some of you are unwell or suffering; hope things improve soon!
Also, sorry to hear about your MIL, Elly.
I don't really know the point of my post- sorry! I guess I needed to distract myself as I'm too scared to go back to sleep blush

Chottie Sun 24-Feb-13 04:24:32

Bunny I hope you are over your bad dream now. Don't worry about not having everything ready, despite all the ads, babies actually require very little smile

CheerfulYank Sun 24-Feb-13 07:17:26

Right. Am DETERMINED to keep up with all of you this time! smile

Artichook Sun 24-Feb-13 07:33:58

Welcome back Cheerfull! How's the pregnancy going? Dud the sickness pass? Do you know what you are having?

Sorry to hear about your nightmare Bunny. Hope you got to sleep again.

I'm up with the sleepover crowd. We are watching Tangled and eating freshly baked muffins DH made.

Boodstress Sun 24-Feb-13 07:45:56

bunny I'm having anxiety dreams all the time, bizarre situations and people or something dreadfully wrong with the baby. I got them with my other pregnancies. I just try and eliminate all the practical worries and accept that the others are my freaky worries at work.

Beaut that made me laugh. Boys don't hold back. My LO asked if the baby 'was there (chest area) 'or there(tummy) and I said 'here in my tummy' and he said ' hmm where are those 2 round things gone' ...monoboob alert!!!

CheerfulYank Sun 24-Feb-13 08:40:28

Thank you Artichook! smile The sickness did get a bit better with medication (odansetron) then right around Christmas we were all down with a terrible strain of the flu, and bizarrely when the flu cleared I didn't need the meds anymore.

I had to go in for a level 2 ultrasound b/c of the flu and baby was fine...and is a girl! grin It also revealed a large placental lake, which I'd never heard of but can apparently occasionally cause issues with the baby's growth. So I am having scans every four weeks to keep an eye on things.

Have also been having really strange dreams!

tasmaniandevilchaser Sun 24-Feb-13 08:46:27

hi all, thanks for the advice on physio and PGP, I haven't got an appt yet, but it was quite quick last time. Seems a bit better today, but I'm still sleeping on my back which I think helps. I slept on my side 2 nights ago, bad mistake!

artichook that sounds like hell, sheer hell. 4 small children and feeling ill shock But film and muffins does sound better (though I cry like a baby at Tangled, seen it several times and every time I'm weeping at the end when she sees her parents again blush)

hi cheerful good luck with keeping up, I come on fairly regularly and still get totally lost!

bood monoboob!! grin that is hilarious! They do say the funniest things, DD said "mummy I love your bosoms, they're like aubergines". She has also stroked my legs and said "mummy I love your hairy legs". Not much of a culture shock there, need to be a bit more proactive on the grooming front I think!

bunny hope you haven't had any more bad dreams, chottie is right, babies don't actually need much stuff and the shops will be open after he/she is born!

seven, yes I had reusables for DD (you get a free voucher from our council here) but didn't use them blush but still have them and I'm thinking about using them. Just got a load of cheap flannels from ikea and a fleece to use on his bum, at least I won't need to use as many wet wipes.

Hope everyone else is doing ok

This thread is not accepting new messages.