Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

May 2013 - celebrating our entry into the 3rd trimester and an early arrival!

(1000 Posts)
SevenReasonsToSmile Thu 14-Feb-13 20:35:41

Welcome to the new thread, grab a brew.

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 19-Apr-13 11:31:58

Could skip the birth story, no idea what predictive text was doing!

Congratulations Westie.

Scooby I think that's a great idea re a page for birth stories. Only because I'm nosy and love knowing every detail which first timers may not be too keen on.

Beaver We are renting to start and hoping to buy this house next year. Glad we rented to start as we can get a lot of the work paid for by landlord plus we will be going in with an offer of a much lower asking price. It's a lovely house just needs some major TLC.

I'm feeling better now and less stressed now the house is getting there. I keep getting a lot of aches and pains around bump. Plus I've reached that stage where I need to wee every half hour day an night. I don't mind if baby come early just need him to hold off until after sat 27 th as we have ds2s birthday party smile

36+1

Sorry about my poor grammar. I blame the iPhone

TigerSwallowtail Fri 19-Apr-13 11:55:03

beaut I'm glad the house is coming together nicely. I moved house round about the same time you did with my first dc, it was stressful and exhausting but then after we'd moved in then getting the place looking like a home kept me busy until the baby arrived so made it seem like the time flew by.

Congratulations Westie.

Ellypoo Fri 19-Apr-13 13:08:10

Not been on for ages, and look what happens - congratulations Westie!!! What an amazing birth story for baby Jacob!!

We are finally going home today!!!! Cannot wait for DH to finish work & come to collect us! Been quite a turbulent 9 days, with SCBU (and a brief spell in incubator) and a pph for me - not to mention the awful hospital food! Am VERY glad to be finally taking Arabella home with us.

Hope you are all doing well in these last few weeks x

Wirrawoo Fri 19-Apr-13 13:15:33

Omg westie congratulations!!! grin thanks
That is quite a story, was it an incredibly short labour then? (am guessing so with your hero paramedic on hand!). That's going to be a great tale for his 21st birthday smile hope you are all recovering from it. Post us a pic on FB when you get a chance xx

elly so glad you will get to go home. Big hugs xx

MaybeAMayBaby Fri 19-Apr-13 14:35:02

Congrats, Westie-all I can say is wow and ouch!

Yay, Elly! Well done, Arabella. I'm so jealous. I've been told to cross my fingers for Sundays weigh in and eviction some time next week.

Boodstress Fri 19-Apr-13 16:23:05

With my last everyone wrote 'here's my birth story' at the top and then people could choose to read or not but it was easier to just have one port of call. I was at the very end of the month and 8 days over so I had read A LOT of birth stories. I love hearing the detail but I get that it may not be for everyone.

lollypopsicle Fri 19-Apr-13 17:01:17

I'm in agreement with birth stories kept on this thread with title warning for the feint hearted wink

beaver33 Fri 19-Apr-13 17:26:39

Urgh, I have developed an overnight cold. Yuck. How can I have another cold - in late April??

Thank God for Kleenex Balsam Fresh. The only thing (apart from Karvol) that works.

lollypopsicle Fri 19-Apr-13 17:31:29

I've got another cold too beaver. Crap innit.

PregnantPain Fri 19-Apr-13 18:01:01

Wow Westie! Hope you and baby are doing okay. How many babies do we have on the thread now? It's not even May yet! grin

cuppateaandagingersnap Fri 19-Apr-13 18:14:07

Congratulations westie! I'm betting that's quite a birth story! Fantastic he's here and you're both doing ok!

Congrats elly and Arabella too! Great that you're getting home.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Alice as well Maybe smile

Bunnychan Fri 19-Apr-13 18:15:28

Congratulations westie! So excited that babies are coming!! I've still got three weeks at work so I'm going to keep my legs crossed. X

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 19-Apr-13 18:16:37

We've now got 5, can't believe its still April! I've been putting them on the stats thread so we can keep track.

elly so pleased you're off home, enjoy all those snuggles!

WestieMamma Fri 19-Apr-13 20:41:14

First labour twinge was around 9ish. Realised around 10ish that it was labour so summoned husband home (he didn't make it). 10.30 I knew Thre was no way I would make it to hospital, which is an hour away, so called for an ambulance (nearest ambulance depot is half an hour away).

Ambulance crew thought there was time to get into the ambulance so started walking me to it. I had to stop on the door steps for a contraction where I felt the need to push, but I don't recall pushing much.

Got to the ambulance but the guerney mechanism got stuck with it half in, half out. I remember the man next door running over with a hammer and the paramedic hitting it to release it. Meanwhile I had another contraction hanging onto the back of the ambulance, with a strong urge to push, although again I didn't bear down anywhere near as much with my first (20 years ago).

Then the guerney was free and in and one paramedic was in front of me trying to pull me in and shouting at me to get in as I couldn't move. He got me in half way and another contraction hit and out Jacob flew, thankfully into the hands of the other paramedic who was behind me.

So yes it was quick 2 hours 15 minutes from start to finish with just 3 pushes and a perfect little baby at end. (With no tearing or stitches either. Added bonus!)

I hope it goes as well for the rest of you, although you may want to miss out the 'in the street' part. grin

Rhienne Fri 19-Apr-13 20:42:43

Congratulations Westie! Welcome Jacob. smile

Rhienne Fri 19-Apr-13 20:48:32

We're running out of space here, so there's a new thread ready over here. See you all there! grin

Rhienne Fri 19-Apr-13 20:50:23

Well, that was singularly unhelpful, as I managed to link back here again!

Second try lucky: new thread HERE.

TerracottaPie Fri 19-Apr-13 20:59:21

Wow, westie! Massive congratulations!! Hope you're getting over the shock of it all! Jacob is a lovely name. What did he weigh?

Can't believe another of us is enjoying snuggles already. They're just going to keep coming now aren't they? It's really exciting! I love how we get to share it all with each other as well. So wish I'd joined a 'due in' thread last time with DS.

Do we think we'll get everyone's baby out by the end of the next thread?

MooLL thank you for the update. It's lovely to hear how you've been getting on. Glad you sound mostly recovered. And hope you do make it home with Clemmie this weekend smile

WestieMamma Fri 19-Apr-13 22:12:45

7 lb 4 oz

Thingiebob Fri 19-Apr-13 23:57:35

Congratulations on the new arrivals!

Can anyone advise me? I did post further up thread. About 48 hrs ago I woke up with pain and pink mucous in knickers.

Since then I have had a backache, irregular contractions, at least I think they are as they feel different from BHs, and feeling a bit odd. The pains keep stopping and starting.

In the last hour I have increased discharge and have been getting these pains again roughly every seven mins. They are more regular but are not particularly painful and not getting any stronger.

I am quite far from hospital and this is my second child. At what point do I go in? Feel fine apart from this cramping in back and abdomen.

Hi Thingie didn't want to leave your post unanswered.

I would call the hospital just so they know and they can advise you on when to go in. With ds2 I had a slow labour and found that in order to get my contractions going I needed to keep active. So try going for a walk or bouncing on a birthing ball. Good luck smile

TigerSwallowtail Sat 20-Apr-13 10:32:34

Have you phoned your midwife at all since you had the show thingie? If you're now having more pain you should call MW or hospital.

This thread is not accepting new messages.