Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

May 2013 - celebrating our entry into the 3rd trimester and an early arrival!

(1000 Posts)
SevenReasonsToSmile Thu 14-Feb-13 20:35:41

Welcome to the new thread, grab a brew.

cuppateaandagingersnap Tue 09-Apr-13 22:19:31

Good luck for tomorrow elly grin can't wait to hear all about your new baby, hope the wait tomorrow is bearable, xx

MrsB76 Tue 09-Apr-13 22:22:54

Tiger did you and your visitors get the measles (MMR) jab before? If so, you don't have much to fear. If they haven't had the jab, I think they can get it on the NHS. See www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccinations/Pages/mmr-vaccine-when-needed.aspx

lollypopsicle Tue 09-Apr-13 22:48:22

I think you're right to be worried tiger. it's the under 1s that are most heavily affected as they are the most vulnerable- so much so they've been advising patents to get babies in the area immunised with MMR at 6mths. That's what the news said, anyway.

MaybeAMayBaby Wed 10-Apr-13 08:00:58

Hehe, I DO need a new name. But it won't be anything to do with April-she was born at the beginning of March! shock.
Good luck, Elly, thinking of you flowers.

MrsB76 Wed 10-Apr-13 08:13:42
babygeek Wed 10-Apr-13 08:15:32

Best of luck Elly, can't wait to hear your baby news xx

Boodstress Wed 10-Apr-13 12:41:22

Hi all, just back from my booking in appointment and they will do the section 25th April but the senior obs measured the fundas height and I am only measuring 34 weeks despite being 37 on Friday. I have to go back for a growth scan tomrw. Having always measuring at least a week bigger than my dates, mostly two so I have no idea what's going on or what it means. I have always had tons of movement so I was never concerned even though I knew I was a lot smaller. Getting a bit panicked hmm

ng1412 Wed 10-Apr-13 13:11:52

Ah Bood glad you have your date at last. Has the baby always measured fine up to now? I guess the scan tomorrow will show more, didn't someone else on here have the same worry but the scan showed all was ok? I hope it all goes well, sounds like you are in safe hands x

Boodstress Wed 10-Apr-13 13:14:20

Oh god, shouldn't have googled. Lots of scary stuff. Namely that the baby may not be receiving sufficient nutrition.. Or abnormal growth .. Freaking out...

ng1412 Wed 10-Apr-13 13:25:04

Try to resist googling Bood. I got my blood test results through the post last week (they send them directly to you here in France) and convinced myself through Google that I had toxoplasmosis....of course when I eventually spoke to my gyne he told me I hadn't.

Try not to think too much about things and just try to wait until tomorrow, I know it is easier said than done but for your sanity....

Boodstress Wed 10-Apr-13 13:27:06

I was 32 weeks at 32 weeks which I was surprised at as I' have always measured bigger than my dates with last two pregnancies. Now I've fallen almost 3 weeks behind. sad

Artichook Wed 10-Apr-13 13:51:37

Hmm Bood now I am concerned about my measurements too. I had an appointment this morning and I was measuring 31 cms, I am 34 weeks and a couple of days, the midwife said that was fine BUT it seems odd that she thought it was fine. My last two babies were well above average (99th centile) and I always measured big, so measuring small seems extra worrying.

Boodstress Wed 10-Apr-13 14:13:45

Hi art - I hope I didn't worry you. I am glad I am having a growth scan though. My calm cousin just said - well they allow 2 cm so your only 1 cm out and you have had a bug for last 2 days so fluid may be low. Doesn't stop me worrying totally but it's reasonable enough I guess. Can you express your concern and ask for a growth scan?

Bunnychan Wed 10-Apr-13 14:19:30

I met my cousin today, due 10th May. She was measuring small for dates and had three midwives all measure her differently but small. She went for a growth scan- she was fine. The sonographer told her that the majority of the time, people are being measured wrong. Mind you, she looks tiny despite being ahead of me; I looked huge compared to her lol! X

lollypopsicle Wed 10-Apr-13 16:05:36

Try not to worry bood. This can be a common occurrence if you've been measured by different people. Was this the case? In my last pg I always measured small then looked like I was actually going backwards on the chart because I had measurements from different midwives. I had several growth scans throughout which always said if anything, bubs was above ave- he was 9lb when born.

This time I measured small at 28wks so had to have a scan which showed the baby was fine. For my next appt my midwife was on leave so another mw measured me and she had me bang on that time. I have my next mw appt tomorrow so really hoping the same doesn't happen again and I get my chart messed up by differences of opinion confused
I hope it all goes well at your scan tomorrow.

Boodstress Wed 10-Apr-13 16:30:34

Thanks lolly, I have only being measured once before and it was my midwife. This was a senior obstetrician. There's three weeks difference which is a lot. My last two were big boys. My fear is that I've stopped growing, my weight gain has plateaued recently too . I'm sure it will be ok, have to go on my own which isn't what I would have planned. Hopefully ill skip out of there excited that in 2 weeks I'll have my baby.

SevenReasonsToSmile Wed 10-Apr-13 20:59:09

bood hope the scan goes ok. It's right that they do say +/-2cms, but if baby had stopped growing they'd probably just bring your CS forward, baby would still be fine now though.

FWIW the measurements work both ways. I measured bang on for dates in both previous pregnancies but was told by GP they felt like big babies, DS was 9th centile and DD was 25th. Again this time measuring bang on but scan at 28 weeks said baby is on the small side.

For anyone who hasn't checked FB elly had a baby girl.

tasmaniandevilchaser Wed 10-Apr-13 21:04:56

Hi hope everyone is doing well, not long to go! Have been mostly lurking but keeping up,with news as much as I can.

Last day at work today, YES! I'm very tired but will be resting tomorrow, well resting as much as I can, along with DD and cbeebies, no best mum Award for me

Boodstress Wed 10-Apr-13 21:24:50

Thanks Seven ...I'm sure it will be ok, just makes me nervous this late in the day. Will check back tomorrow with results. It's probably the opposite but good at hiding x

Rhienne Wed 10-Apr-13 21:52:30

I would like to send my sympathy to those who've been suffering PGP. I haven't, but just since this weekend I can definitely feel my hips forgeting their previous role and preparing for other tasks. Ow!

I worked my last day on Friday and survived visitors all weekend, and now I can relax! At least that's the plan. Should probably start thinking about finding some baby clothes from storage and making room for a cot and packing a hospital bag and writing a birth plan and... ...

DXBMermaid Netherlands Thu 11-Apr-13 05:26:56

Congratulations Elly! Hope all went well and you are able to enjoy holding your daughter in your arms!!

Can someone pls send me the link for the FB page?

Thanks.

MaybeAMayBaby Thu 11-Apr-13 06:34:03

Hi Bood. You poor thing. They should stop this measuring bump lark. I've heard nothing but inaccuracies.
First pregnancy at 33w, I measured 5 weeks behind all of a sudden (measured week before and bang on hmm). Went for scan and baby was fine, just lying transverse. You'd think when I even said that durin the examination and the fact I was fine the week before would have been enough.
My friend panicked at 39w because she was told baby was big. Her bump was measuring much bigger. 3w later and baby was 6lbs 2 and next pregnancy was under consultant as first baby was considered small!

If your measurements are correct and baby has stopped growing, they will whip baby out. Alice managed fine at 2lbs and 29 weeks for same diagnosis. I know your further than that, so please be reassured.
I rushed through the updates. Do you have a scan booked?

DXB, not sure how to. Seven is your woman.

Boodstress Thu 11-Apr-13 07:34:19

Thanks maybe , they will do the section n the 25th April assuming all is well today. I think it's my history that's making me worry, I have always had big babies and been huge so you can't help but worry something is wrong or that it is an indication that something is wrong. sorry Art you don't need my paranoia s . I should take heart from all our little miracles on here as well.

TigerSwallowtail Thu 11-Apr-13 10:02:02

Thanks for the links and advice everyone who have posted, I'm going to have a good read of them all today. bood my bump has been measuring very small at every appointment I've been to for the past few weeks. I have to go for regular growth scans to make sure everything is ok but baby is measuring on the 50th centile and is predicted to be about 7 pound 5 ounce from the scans and my fluid looks great too. Midwife also said she's sent people to growth scans who turn out to have huge babies too smile. Don't worry too much about it. My bump is huge but if I lie on my back it looks tiny for some reason.

I was supposed to go for my whooping cough jab yesterday (and DS was going to hold my hand, bless, I think he was just relieved he wasn't going to have any vaccines this time) but it was rescheduled to next week as I've been loaded with the cold and feel like crap. So I've been spending yesterday and today with my feet up relaxing.

I hope everyone else is getting on ok. Great news about elly too grin

Boodstress Thu 11-Apr-13 15:32:39

Hi all,
Very relieved, baby is just mega curled up, hiding away. It's on the 50th centile for everything and estimated 6 lb right now, 8lb at delivery. Just really shy. I might sleep for a week now as I certainly didn't sleep last night. Thanks for all your support yesterday x

This thread is not accepting new messages.