Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2013 - celebrating our entry into the 3rd trimester and an early arrival!

(1000 Posts)
SevenReasonsToSmile Thu 14-Feb-13 20:35:41

Welcome to the new thread, grab a brew.

tasmaniandevilchaser Thu 04-Apr-13 10:58:35

Sorry, feeling a bit sorry for myself blush, feel a bit better for getting it out

Boodstress Thu 04-Apr-13 11:15:35

Hope your ok tas , this is the hardest stretch. I am amazed how some days I feel miserable and fed up with the whole thing, the tiredness etc. and then the next day I have a totally fresh perspective on everything. One day at a time is all we can do x

roastpotatoes Thu 04-Apr-13 11:20:13

Congratulations Mool - fantastic news!

Scooby, I agree with everyone else - it's good that you're off sick now - sounded like work was getting silly. If they had been more caring/accommodating, they would have been able to keep you for longer.

Sorry to hear about your bad morning, tas - better out than in! Hang on in there - only a few more weeks to go.

All is well here. I am off work this week 'practicing' for mat leave! It's lovely to be able to get on with things at home - I have been in a frenzy of painting, cooking, sewing, cleaning. Such a cliche. Back on Monday for 3 weeks (if I manage to last until 39 weeks!) and then that's it. Feeling so real and exciting now!

35+4

beaver33 Thu 04-Apr-13 11:21:25

Aw MooLL, so many congratulations to you. I hope it wasn't all too stressful in the end. How lovely that she's well and you're doing good. And I second what everyone else has said - Clementine is a beautiful name. Looking forward to hearing updates.

I fell over this morning in the street - just tripped over my own stupid unbalanced feet. No-one stopped to help even though I was literally sitting spread-eagled on the ground, clearly 8 months pregnant, as the snow fell around me. What a sight. This commuting/walking/working lark is getting a bit tiring now, really, isn't it?! Was in total denial that it would be a problem but the next few weeks can't come quick enough!

Already planning my box set marathons. West Wing. Six Feet Under. 30 Rock. I've already done 24/Lost/Prison Break/Breaking Bad/The Wire/Killings/Bridge/Borgen...any other ideas??

34+3

tasmaniandevilchaser Thu 04-Apr-13 11:24:42

Beaver southland is good, LA police series

roastpotatoes Thu 04-Apr-13 11:27:08

Beaver - Homeland!

LittleSpade Thu 04-Apr-13 11:44:48

Congratulations MooLL - hope things continue to go well fro you and baby Clementine.

tas sorry to hear you're having a bad day - i know it's cliched but have a rest with a cup of tea and it probably won't seem so bad. I had a bad day yesterday when the cat vomited everywhere. I imagine it must be even harder with a toddler though.

scooby i agree with others that you're doing the right thing. None of us know at the outset how tired we'll be now or how we'll feel about work and you have to do what's right for you and the baby.

beaver I very much second the votes for Homeland it's fab. I also like Walking Dead, Grimm, Game of Thrones, Perception, The Following and Band of Brothers. For lighter entertainment I've recently enjoyed re-visiting The Good Life and Gavin and Stacey.

I am so fed up with snow!

LittleSpade Thu 04-Apr-13 11:45:46

Oh beaver must add Suits to the list

tasmaniandevilchaser Thu 04-Apr-13 13:05:18

hi everyone, thanks for the kind words. I am feeling better now. Just had a bubble bath with DD and played bubble hairdressers grin. Off to make some cakes for an afternoon tea party with dolls and teddies.

beaver glad to hear you have moved in finally with only a few hiccups, there's always one! I bet those movers weren't counting on angry heavily pg lady, good for you!

roast I wish I had your energy, aren't we due on the 7th? or is that someone else. You are SO SO welcome to come here and clean if you're feeling a burning desire to carry on cleaning! grin

hi littlespade haven't heard from you in a while, nor wilde but I haven't been very good at keeping up to date. Hope all is well.

tasmaniandevilchaser Thu 04-Apr-13 13:08:03

hope everyone with PGP is doing ok, my physio did help but mine is quite mild this time. terracotta hope you're ok, I know it's so exhausting being in pain, just a matter of hobbling to the finish line now.

Another baby! Congratulations MooLL, and hello Cementine - brilliant name smile.

Beaver another vote for Homeland, are you a Mad Men fan? A Scandinavian friend recommended Spiral, Varg Veum and Those Who Kill to me too.

Zorra Thu 04-Apr-13 13:54:53

<waves> Congrats, Mooll ! So exciting.

Also KNACKERED here, DS won't settle since we got back to the UK, and I have loads of work to finish plus a week in HQ in Amsterdam starting from Sunday. My mum found us a house to rent here which is great, but it's totally unfurnished so doing that from scratch (or I will be when I get all my stuff from storage, 4 hours away) and DS misses his friends sad Whinge over!

Ellypoo Thu 04-Apr-13 17:41:37

Quite a few bad days around today - I hope that you all have better days tomorrow.
We haven't had any more snow thank goodness, I can't believe nobody helped you up though.

I have just sorted through the baby clothes - all the tiny baby stuff is packed ready (7 vests & 4 sleep suits) then newborn stuff ready in the drawer in our room. 0-3 months in drawers in the nursery. Also put some nappies and stuff together, although DH will be organising the nursery properly once the baby is here next week.
Really ready now!

Artichook Thu 04-Apr-13 17:48:07

Gosh Elly its amazing that your planned delivery date is so close. I think you will be our first non-emergency birth. How exciting!

Sorry to all suffering from lack of sleep, horrible work environments, falls in the snow, clumsy toddlers etc. In 8 weeks every single one of us should have babies instead of bumps.

I am having a moment of panic. Today we took the DDs to a petting farm where they had a fab time stroking lambs, feeding goats, holding guinea pigs etc etc etc. Then, as we left, a woman looked at my bump and said "Dear God, you should not be near lambs in your condition, they cause still births". I said nothing but obviously got straight onto Dr Google and it turns out the medical advice is to stay well away from lambs and sheep in lambing season. Now I did not feed or touch the sheep myself, and we all washed our hands well as we left, but I did hold the DDs' hands after they fed the lambs etc. I don't think there is much I can do about it but I feel a bit cross with myself and rather paranoid now.

Catchingmockingbirds Thu 04-Apr-13 18:01:30

beaver what did you think of Breaking Bad? I love it! Have you tried Dexter? I'd strongly recommend it if you've not watched it yet. I started watching Sons of Anarchy but within the first 5 minutes a heavily pregnant woman shot heroin into her finger and went into premature labour, almost losing the baby. I wasn't prepared for that at all and was almost in tears.

Boodstress Thu 04-Apr-13 18:39:06

Art poor you, that's a bit daunting especially as you were being a lovely mum taking your little one to the farm. I think I had heard that but I think it related to direct contact. The risk is still probably minimal. Akin to that piece of pâté I am dying for.

I will be having a glass of bubbles at mine anti-shower on Saturday - that's probably worse grin

Ellypoo Thu 04-Apr-13 18:53:31

Arti, sure it will be fine but if you are worried then maybe call your MW for reassurance?

I know - 6 more (attempted) sleeps!!

shelly81 Thu 04-Apr-13 19:16:47

arti there was a thread on here not too long ago where a lady had done the same thing .....maybe av a look through & see if you can find it ..mite put your mind at rest xx

tasmaniandevilchaser Thu 04-Apr-13 19:21:51

oh arti I'm really paranoid about that sort of thing, I'd call your MW for some reassurance, though sure it'll be fine. Impressed you were at a farm today, I did not leave the house!

beaver yes yes to Dexter, I love it! and no no to Sons of Anarchy, I've had to sit through at least 2 series, it's good but violent, not suitable at this stage (for my delicate psyche anyway!) When DD was born, DH got box sets of The Shield - again a really good series, but just too violent, I just couldn't handle it at all. Spiral is good too, just finished watching season 4 I think.

zorra welcome home! (might be a bit late on that one, sorry!)

arti I just looked at the HPA website as we did something similar t the weekend too. It seems the main risk comes from being around sheep that are aborting HPA. But best to speak to your midwife.

Artichook Thu 04-Apr-13 19:49:24

Thanks for that link MB. I just started a separate thread and someone else gave teh same link, it is very comforting as the lambs were all about 2 weeks old so no placental products etc were present. I have also read that the transmission to baby would take 4-5 weeks which is around when I am due to be induced (or operated on if this breech baby doesn't get a wriggle on) so that is comforting too.

Seriously though, I would think petting farms should be told to advertise these risks, there were no posters or advice pamphlets or anything.

tasmaniandevilchaser Thu 04-Apr-13 20:00:25

Glad to hear it is all fine with the lamb worry arti, I've definitely been to some farms where there are posters and also London zoo. I agree you need the info even if the risk is low, then you don't end up with needless worry.

Catchingmockingbirds Thu 04-Apr-13 20:25:28

arti I went to a farm at the weekend and had a peek at 2 little sleeping lambs. I completely forgot I'm supposed to stay away from them too until I seen your post. Luckily we'd missed the handling and feeding sessions so none of us were close enough to touch them. I agree that there should be more warnings about it for those pregnant during spring/summer.

TerracottaPie Thu 04-Apr-13 21:24:41

This is the first year I've stayed away from my parents farm when they're lambing as they were having loads of ewes aborting at the start of the lambing season.

Previously when pregnant I've done a look but don't touch kind of visit.

But I do so love having a cuddle usually!

Glad you got some reassurance arti

tas thanks for asking smile Hobbling to the finish line pretty much covers it!

Agree with those who said Dexter for boxsets to watch. Just finished watching series 7 of that. Also Fringe is another I've just finished watching with DP. I am taking note of recommendations! We revisited the X-Files a long while ago (and it took a few years to get through!) and that was fun. Looked so dated though in the early seasons.

35+2 (this week is dragging so much already)

Catchingmockingbirds Thu 04-Apr-13 21:38:58

You can watch quite a few seasons on Netflix, along with all 5 seasons of breaking bad and loads of other box sets too. It's a fiver a month and the first month is free (I swear I don't work for them!), that's what I've been using to watch all my series'.

This thread is not accepting new messages.