Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

May 2013 - celebrating our entry into the 3rd trimester and an early arrival!

(1000 Posts)
SevenReasonsToSmile Thu 14-Feb-13 20:35:41

Welcome to the new thread, grab a brew.

Sisi8 Fri 22-Mar-13 11:27:16

Thanks 7 that is weird then, maybe it was just the link and so wonder if u could resend it as not sure how else to get in! Sorry hmm sure you have better things to do!!! wink
If that doesn't work I will stick to mumsnet!!!!!

Catching Just asked as when I had my 4d scan I was just under 30 weeks and baby was estimated at 3lb and about the same weight you were given at birth.Just thought it may reassure you more smile

TerracottaPie Fri 22-Mar-13 11:38:27

Hi all, despite not doing anything I don't seem to find any time to post right now. I've been keeping up with everything on here and fb though.

I've made a sort of start on the hospital bag. Although still in two minds about whether I want home birth again or not. Will need the bag either way though. When I say I've made a start I mean that I bought some more maternity pads and some breast pads. Oh and some granny pants. Which I am wearing. And they are so comfortable grin.

That's all I have done in preparation for this baby! I've thought about what we need to do (wash all 0-3 month clothes up in the attic and then put the neutral gender ones to the side ready, buy a new Moses basket mattress, buy some nappies etc). Thinking is as good as doing, right?

We have bought the pushchair. But that's only because we needed a double and I wanted to research a fair few and not just leave it until the last minute. That counts towards preparation too doesn't it?!

I just can't seem to get any motivation. A lot of it is because it hurts too much to do anything I think. I'm done with work now. Not been there for 6 weeks and the dr signed me off again yesterday right up until my maternity leave starts. The nature of my job means its just not possible to get back to work. Feels really weird being done and not really getting to say goodbye to anyone.

catching that's great news about your scan. It's hard not to worry when you get sent for these things. Glad you're feeling relieved smile
Did you ever get your physio appt through in the end?

33+3 (I think)

Catchingmockingbirds Fri 22-Mar-13 11:44:50

I'm 31 weeks tomorrow smile. Still no physio appointment, and spd is getting worse, it was more pelvic girdle pain before if that makes sense but now my pubic area is very sore too and my back is really painful all the time too. I'm seeing both the midwife and doctor on Tuesday so will chase it up then. The baby will be born by the time I get my appointment!

That's what I'm thinking about my physio appt the baby will be here before I see anyone.

Last day at work today. Couldn't come quick enough. I can barely walk now and as for sleep forget it I'm in agony at night. Hoping I see an improvement with all the rest I plan to get.

32+1

berri Fri 22-Mar-13 13:10:02

It's rubbish how many of you are waiting for physio help, I really feel for you sad

Seven my waters broke on their own, then he was born 3 days later naturally without induction etc. So weird how you can be dilating and not feel anything at all!!

DXB I asked the doc if I could continue having sex as normal blush and she said yes, so I imagine swimming would be fine too!

I'm big anyway so its ok Ive just eaten a whole bag of Riesens to myself right ? blush

Rhienne Fri 22-Mar-13 14:16:33

Definitely Beaut. Most important that you keep your strength up!

Rhienne Fri 22-Mar-13 14:24:51

I've just sent out an email to those I support at work saying approximately "I'm outta here in two (short) weeks, if there's anything you want me to take care of, send it to me now!". Feels good. smile

Our new double pram's now at the shop, so we can go collect it any day. Can't wait to play with it. :D

DS has settled into his new bed, thank goodness. He still comes into us occasionally (ended up in our bed for most of Thursday night. ;(. That's not how we usually do things round here...), but most nights he's ok.

I've had a really sore lower back this week. Think I need to be much more aware of my "overdoing-it" threshold, because it's normally only later that I realise I've gone too far again.

I slept (not counting several loo breaks and a midnight snack) for about 14 hours last night. It was wonderful and I'm feeling so much better today. Yesterday was a it rubbish.

Going out to the theatre tonight, haven't done anything so grown-up for ages. DS is sleeping away from us for the first time! I'm sure I'm going to go check on him in the middle of the night and panic when I can't find him...

Hope those suffering from PGP are ok. Very grateful I have so far missed this little pregnancy delight (touch wood, fingers crossed etc etc...)

Hoping everything is going well with little Seb and Alice.

scooby26 Fri 22-Mar-13 19:03:49

I asked my 3 yo DS if he wanted to kiss the baby- aka tummy- Instead I got a full pelt 2 handed shove! Little darling! Hmm. Thing is- I feel quite queasy and unwell- could he have caused some damage or is that ridiculous?

Boodstress Fri 22-Mar-13 19:19:30

scooby my soon to be 3YO has been shoving and punching the bump for a week or so but he's stopped now, he's also stopped talking in the ridiculously baby voice he started speaking in. It's all a reaction. We had his imaginary friend called Cedric arrived today & is now staying for a sleep over FFS, as if I don't have enough to do :-)) I shouldn't think they can do any harm - all those waters etc. I just gently explain we need to be gentle with Mummy but try to not mention the baby.

Boodstress Fri 22-Mar-13 19:20:31

Excuse funny phrasing - Cedric & 3YO were climbing all over me Lol

DXBMermaid Fri 22-Mar-13 21:13:54

I will add myself to the stats thread tomorrow when I'm not on the ipad.

I think I wasn't very clear about the stemcell and umbilical cord harvesting, I didn't mean to donate (as this is not an option where I live) but to store in case our child needs it. DH feels strongly about doing so, I am ambivilant but would rather spend the money and not need it then vice versa.

Think I overdid it today. Will see if I'm able to walk tomorrow. Thankfully have another appointment with chiro on Tuesday.

If I'm alright tomorrow then am off to buy playpen which our friends are giving as a gift. They've all grouped together and it's meant to be a surprise but our best friend wants me to pick it out myself. Makes me feel a bit teary in a good way, to have such great friends!

Ellypoo Sat 23-Mar-13 08:28:56

My turn to moan - had rubbish nights sleep, a side effect of the 1st steroid injection yesterday apparently, so just got the same to look forward to tonight I guess. The snow here is terrible, my bil took me yesterday in his 4x4 and the main hosp have arranged that I can go to my local MW base today for the second lot which is great, but DH had to abandon the car on his way home last night so I'm a bit stuck, will have to call bil out again!!

How are you all doing? Great news that Alice & Seb are doing well.

DXBMermaid Sat 23-Mar-13 10:30:51

Ellypoo that sounds awful. Not just having the injections and not sleeping well, but being stuck due to the snow. It's the end of March, time for spring to set in!!

Made myself a cold cup of tea just now... thanks to pregnancy brain I forgot to plug in the kettle. Didn't even notice it till I took a sip. Yuck!!

Furniture got moved into the nursery yesterday. Looks really nice, now just need to hang lamps, find a nice rug, comfy chair and some shelving and get BF to make some artwork for the wall. Have decided that it doesn't matter if any of this gets done before her arrival as she will sleep in out room (in a crib) for the first few weeks anyway.

aberjen Sat 23-Mar-13 11:40:55

Morning :-)

seven and cuppa thank you for your kind words :-) seven have been reading up on PE just in case, but fingers crossed it was just a freak result

welcome DXB! Am impressed you managed to get your cuppa to brew! Hope you've been able to get a hot one now :-)

elly saw from FB where you are - DP is from your neck of the woods and he showed me a news report from THE major road in the area shock Hope you're keeping safe and warm and that you can get to and from your appointment ok

Feeling achey today. Think bubs has shifted a bit as finding walking more uncomfortable. Plus keep making the mistake of walking at a close to normal pace but after 5 mins it gets REALLY uncomfy and have to waddle at a snails pace. DP mostly seems to find this amusing, which isn't going down terribly well!

aberjen Sat 23-Mar-13 11:42:22

PS bood hope the sleepover went well and that Cedric behaved himself wink

Ellypoo Sat 23-Mar-13 18:46:06

It's still snowing!! We have got a good couple of feet here now, and some very deep drifts on the tops! Got to appt ok thank goodness, now we have the log burner lit & are very cosy & toastie!!

Hope everyone is ok x

Boodstress Sat 23-Mar-13 19:27:54

Thanks aberjen he went home before breakfast so think I'm winning the new baby crisis war with 3YO.

Did loads of bits of painting & DIY today and feel good about it. We are in a pretty small space for the number of people but have made lots of great storage and decor decisions and it feels really airy and bright. That's been one of my biggest stresses as we hadn't moved here long before surprise number 3 checked in. I feel so much calmer though. I generally feel a bit zen, I wonder is this the dedatched, world could fall down around me and I wouldn't flinch' thing that happens to some women. NEVER happened to me before I can tell you

Hope you You're all ok and settled in for a nice Saturday night with crapola TV !

DXBMermaid Sat 23-Mar-13 21:08:14

I'm turning into an insomniac... It's four hours later here. I need to get up at 07.00 and I just can't sleep. Should I get up? DH is fast asleep next to me and don't want to wake him with my tossing and turning.

Zorra Sun 24-Mar-13 07:44:53

<waves> Hello ladies! So busy here - have managed to get all the information I need to head back to the UK, so flights are booked for Friday (at 3am, bah) for me and DS. Hurrah!

It does mean that I have to finish all my work here; pack up my apartment; and prepare for a rental place in the UK... Seems a bit daunting. Not to mention expensive! But it will be worth it, I really just want to go home. I'll have to work a week from home and a week in our Amsterdam HQ, but maternity leave starts on 15th April and I can't wait!

In TMI news, does anyone else feel like the baby's head is grinding into their pelvis? I have this real sensation that she is trying to headbang her way out lol - it's quite painful though, and also makes me desperate for a wee. Very strange...

Artichook Sun 24-Mar-13 09:14:16

Exciting to be coming home Zorra but I'm amazed at your energy. I can barely face my 30 min commute and you are going to move continents then commute across Europe. Go you!

My in laws have, for the first time ever, offered to take our kids for the night so DH and I can have a last night of freedom before the baby. The date they can do coincides with an amazing overnight offer at my favourite hotel ever. Trouble is the hotel is in deepest Somerset, 3 hours drive from my hospital and I will be exactly 38 weeks pregnant. I'm so tempted though. Would others risk it? I didn't go into labour until 40+8 with DC2 so I doubt I'll pop early.

Zorra Sun 24-Mar-13 11:40:38

Thanks, Artichook, it's more because I have no choice than any actual energy to do it all grin

I say go on your night of freedom - they are so rare. But maybe avoid super vigorous sex (um, just in case it gets things moving!)

lollypopsicle Sun 24-Mar-13 13:08:35

I say go, Arti!

Glad to hear your coming home news, zorra

Hope you got to sleep in the end DXB

I think I have rib flare confused is it because there's a foot or something pushing at my ribs?

31+3

Rhienne Sun 24-Mar-13 21:14:35

Our DS has just turned 2. We've been telling him about the baby in mummy's tummy, but as he doesn't talk yet (just a few essential words -like more, no, jacket, cars, ball, apple, yup, the essentials), we weren't sure how much he has understood. Anyway, we collected our new double pram and brought it home, fitted with one carrycot. He had fun climbing in and out of his side for a while. Then when I said the carrycot was for the baby, he came and put his hands on my bump! Guess he has made some connection! smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.