Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2013 - celebrating our entry into the 3rd trimester and an early arrival!

(1000 Posts)
SevenReasonsToSmile Thu 14-Feb-13 20:35:41

Welcome to the new thread, grab a brew.

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 08-Mar-13 08:17:11

ng its most likely just your ribs being squashed, though do get it checked out if the pain is still there to be on the safe side. Is it one side or both?

ng1412 Fri 08-Mar-13 08:23:23

Seven it is just under left side. It is really quite debilitating. I will see how I get on this morning, otherwise it means a difficult call with French doctor's receptionist. Doesn't help that my DD is as lively as ever.

LittleSpade Fri 08-Mar-13 12:03:13

ng I've been getting quite a lot of pain/discomfort at the very top of my bump / where my bra goes in the last week or so to the extent that its made my cry a couple of times. I think its the baby expanding upwards and my rib cage also expanding to accomodate it. My MW said i had a relatively short torso and that might be making it worse. To make it better i've been resting and making sure i spend as much time as possible sitting up very straight or ideally even more stretched out stood up or lying down. I've also loosened my bra which has really helped. Yours sounds like your bra may have been too tight trapping a nerve. But if it persists i'd definately get it checked out.

Ellypoo Fri 08-Mar-13 13:35:07

Ng that sounds really painful - I get pains in my ribs which tend to be where the baby's bottom/feet are at the time.

Any news maybe?

Have just got back from monitoring at the hospital - movements had been a lot less frequent and less strong so was worrying & went over for a check. All is ok thank goodness, the little one is curled up in a little ball with its feet & hands right down against my bladder & the neck of my womb - no wonder I had been experiencing some discomfort!! Anyway, very relieved!!

beaver33 Fri 08-Mar-13 14:21:07

oh berri what a worry. Hope you're okay. They couldn't identify the souce of my bleed either a while ago and I've had no problems since. Take it easy though. It's definitely a day for a nice lie down.

Maybe thinking of you! Hope all is well.

Had a minor meltdown last night re house and went home and sobbed on DH. He was amazing. Had all documents sorted out, made me dinner and then demanded to rub my feet. I love him.

And today....we've exchanged! Seller was so horrified we'd be homeless and preggo that she has done all she could to move things forward. She has even offered us her fridge freezer and a flat screen telly. So we could be in our new home just after next weekend without being homeless at all!

Aren't people sometimes just surprisingly lovely? I might send her some flowers for being so sympathetic.

30+4

Boodstress Fri 08-Mar-13 14:47:11

That's fantastic news Beaver ... I love your seller.. Confirms what I always think..for the most part, people are nice grin

LittleSpade Fri 08-Mar-13 14:51:15

oh beaver this is probably going to make me sound absolutely pathetic but your post just made me cry loads - its so good to hear that there are still such lovely people out there and what lovely things some people will do - even that non-pregnant people are actually just capable of getting how hard being pregnant can be sometimes. You don't know anyone else like that that you could send my way do you???

I'm having a pretty crap day - but then i feel selfish for thinking/saying that when i know some of you are going through much worse.

Basically i'm wishing i'd decided to stop work earlier. Had decided on 12th April but now wish i could stop now. I run my own business and so can't really change my mind now that i've announced it to all my clients and i have projects that need to be finished off. I know i just need to focus and take it one day/task at a time, avoid taking on anything new and it'll all be done before i know it but today i'm finding it hard to do anything other than panic. I just want to spend my days relaxing, reading and doing household stuff - does that sound totally lazy?

I think it also comes down to the fact that I'm no longer sure i want to run the business. This has been going on for a while and i think i've decided I want to go back to 'real' employment. However obviously i can't and don't wnt to do this now with the baby on its way and regardless there are very few jobs currently available in my sector (environmental consultancy) especially for smaller firms which won't expect major overtime and working away from home. Consequently I feel that whilst having made a decision about how to make the situation better i can't actually do so so I'm feeling a bit in limbo. I'm also getting fed up of all the questions about how long i'll be taking off and how it must be such a balance to find the right time to go back so i don't lose all my clients etc etc.

I also have a long running feud with an old lady who's on the parish council with me which blew up into another silly fight at a meeting this morning resulting in me crying (doing a lot of that today). DH has said i should quit the parish council as they're all old and stuck in their ways and don't like my young new-fangled ideas so i'm just wasting my time and effort. And he does have a point but i can't decide what to do and don't want to make rash decisions but equally i don't want to carry on wasting my efforts and getting upset by people.

Also worried if i quit that and running my own business I might be left only wih my DH, the baby and our house as my focus which might make me dull and lonely and bored.

Anyway, apologies rant over!

30+5

tasmaniandevilchaser Fri 08-Mar-13 15:24:23

Hi all, haven't posted for a bit but I've been lurking.

maybe have sent fb MSG, hope,you're holding up ok

berri hope all is well with you and bleeding has stopped

ng sounds like rib flare, I had acupuncture and it went but it was very painful while it lasted, sympathies!

littlespade rant away my lovely! It's so tiring at this point, I think we're all just staggering on to the finish line! Compartmentalise if you can, make time for you to relax and forget all about the future / current work plans.

beaver so glad it's all worked out, bless your seller, I think flowers is a lovely idea.

elly glad all is well with mini elly, so great we can get things checked out. wirra I welled up thinking of your poor mum sad

Afm, totally shattered, had DD's birthday party last weekend, about 60 people came. It was lovely but I was so wired I couldn't sleep that night! And everything was organised at least 2 wks in advance!

I'm not feeling great, like I'm coming down with a lurgy and I feel very very emotional. My ectopic pregnancy was exactly a year ago and the memories keep looming up at me. I've been feeling so,anxious about something going wrong that i've booked a private scan just to check everything as i can't really turn up at my nhs hospital and say i'm a nutcase please scan me! Although they were great in the early stages, I've got no clinical reason for a scan now. I don't care about the money, I just want to have mini tas checked out.

Just want to rest, only about 5 more days at work before my annual leave starts, can't wait! Hope everyone else is plodding on ok ( or skipping along!) sorry if I've missed anyone's news

MissLurkalot Fri 08-Mar-13 16:19:41

beaver, yay, bloody brilliant news! Congrats! xx

shelly81 Fri 08-Mar-13 19:45:54

Good god I feel like I've missed loads lol .... Lots of hugs to everyone who's feeling crappy & hope everyone feels better soon & big hugs to maybe xxxxxx

SevenReasonsToSmile Sat 09-Mar-13 15:06:50

beaver that's fantastic news about the house.

tas definitely book a scan if it'll put your mind at rest. In a way I'm thankful to be classed as high risk and have the extra scans at 28 and 34 weeks, the 20 week scan is still such a long time from the finish line.

little feel free to rant away, but make sure you do find some time to relax and enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy and go easy on yourself.

The fundraising event went well last night, though we didnt get home until nearly 11:30, I'm exhausted today! Final total still isn't in yet.

<wanders off to check fb for news from maybe>

Catchingmockingbirds Sat 09-Mar-13 16:53:27

tasmanian, I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. I don't think you're nuts, I completely understand how you're feeling, the mc I had last year if be due this month and could have been snuggling my little baby. I've been quite down about that recently and worried that something will happen to this baby. Not long to go now though, 2 months and we'll be having sleepless nights and snugly cuddles smile.

beaver33 Sat 09-Mar-13 18:08:14

hey Little, I can totally sympathise with the way you feel. While I'm not in your situation - in that I work full-time for quite a big organisation - I understand your thought processes entirely.

First of all, I think we're all at quite a delicate stage of pregnancy and I know I've been feeling incredible conflicted about pretty much everything. I certainly don't want to come back to the job I've been doing - partly because I don't think it would be possible, given the hours I do, and partly because after so many years I feel I've done my time and I can step back from it having achieved what I wanted.

That said, there is an automatic expectation that I'll slot straight back in whenever I return and carry on as normal.

We're all going to have to make huge adjustments to our normal lives and for you it sounds like that is a bit harder because of your work situation. It's easy to panic at this stage. I think hormones means panic is a bit of a default option. But you do have ways to deal with this. If you don't want to run your business any more, don't. You don't have to feel you're letting clients down if you can organise someone else to take your place. What's happening when you give birth, for example? Is there someone you can line up to take over? Could you agree to sell the business?

I'm sure you've thought of all these things already and my knowledge of how running your own company works is non-existent so forgive me if I sound incredibly patronising. I guess what I felt I was reading in your post was more blind panic, and I definitely know what that's like at the moment.

Take some advice from others who've had kids while running their own companies and find out what worked for them. Give yourself a break and time to think things through. You might feel completely different once the baby's born - I know I'm expecting to, and not in a predictable way.

Your feud sounds really frustrating, but good for you for trying to enact change against the grain. Some people are just single minded twonks and don't deal with any kind of 'difference' very well. You must be a strong person to cope! Hopefully you can take a few steps back from it soon.

Hope everyone else is coping okay...

Catchingmockingbirds Sun 10-Mar-13 09:12:49

Happy Mother's Day ladies! smile thanks

Happy Mothers Day to all the mummies and mums to be. Hope you all get spoilt smile

Bunnychan Sun 10-Mar-13 10:21:30

Happy Mother's Day ladies! As my unborn is my first I wasn't expecting fanfare but I'm a little miffed that when I told my partner that I've woke up feeling really shit today, all I've had is "don't give that to me!" No cuddle, no sympathy and no happy Mother's Day! Men.. What a crap species lol x

Boodstress Sun 10-Mar-13 10:55:41

Happy mothers & mothers to be day. I've being spoilt but feel rotten so not able to properly avail of it. Ongoing sinus problems. Love my little family though. Enjoy your day girls x

Bunny I sympathise.Ill make you feel better though.DP? got in at 1.30 this morning after a night out.I had to get out of bed to lock front door and turn off all the lights.At 3am I had to direct him to the loo as he couldn't find it.Today I got taken out for a meal with all his family which was lovely but he drank more and then got in a mardy as he wanted to watch rugby and his mum had to tell him to come home with me.angryIve put on three loads of washing,changed the beds,washed up from breakfast, hoovered and if anyone speaks to me I'm they will get the rage.

Oh and DP is now snoozing on the sofa.Have had enough sad

10storeylovesong Sun 10-Mar-13 15:13:24

Happy Mother's Day ladies!

Hi 10 I hope Seb has made some progress today and that he and you are feeling a little better.It must be hard but sounds like you are all doing so well.thanks

Bunnychan Sun 10-Mar-13 17:06:02

beaut my DP has just made me a lovely meal so that's cheered me up! However, your description of your Dps antics sound just like something mine would do! I hope you get your own back on him soon-remember, Father's Day is in June ;-) x

ng1412 Sun 10-Mar-13 17:19:03

Beaut me and my DH are now not speaking to each other so I feel your pain. sad

Ng its rubbish isn't it we aren't speaking either.I told him he has an alcohol problem. He said I have a moaning one and that I'm boring. Is it bad that I don't actually care.

I had a bad previous relationship this one isn't but when it comes to childlike behaviour I won't put up with it. I can be quite harsh.smile

ng1412 Sun 10-Mar-13 17:32:37

My DH is just incapable of talking aout anything. He just goes silent on me and I hate it. So now we won't speak until I give in. Could last for days otherwise.

Drives me bloody mad.

That's like us. He doesn't speak so it will be me that eventually gives in. I don't expect a big effort just because its Mother's Day but being a pregnant mother of two I do expect consideration and not having to be woken up twice. Plus I was up changing bed sheets twice on thurs evening as the two ds were ill. I told DP to go back to bed as he was moaning.

Ah well we won't care about all this when we get to see our squishy newborns.

I'm looking at flights to go see my sister in Italy once babies here. Does anyone else plan on any travel with a newborn. I've not done it before and may be on my own with the 3 children as doubt Dp will get time off work. Am I mad?

This thread is not accepting new messages.