Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

May 2013 - celebrating our entry into the 3rd trimester and an early arrival!

(1000 Posts)
SevenReasonsToSmile Thu 14-Feb-13 20:35:41

Welcome to the new thread, grab a brew.

SevenReasonsToSmile Thu 14-Feb-13 20:41:20

Continuing from the last thread.

Hi rain, feel free to pop yourself on the stats thread

shelly wow nesting already. I could do with it tbh, I've so much to do before LO arrives and zero motivation, it still feels like ages away!

elly glad you've made the 28 week milestone, must be another relief for you. It seems no time since you we're celebrating being 24 weeks.

rachywhite83 Thu 14-Feb-13 20:54:07

Love the title ! Yay for baby Seb !

Ellypoo Thu 14-Feb-13 21:21:53

Thanks for the new thread grin

Thanks yes, very relieved to have got to 28 wks!! Next goal is 32 wks I think, assuming all ok tomorrow!

We just went out for a drink this eve then had a nice glass of wine with dinner, feels like a real treat!! We don't really do valentines either, but did watch the 'don't tell the bride' special which made me cry!!!

Sisi8 Thu 14-Feb-13 21:53:31

Hi, just added to stats but comes as separate post so apologies I have made it look odd! Whoever mentioned sleeping, tiredness, cramps, bleeding gums etc... Seem to have the lot now! Anyway off to North Wales for half term and a bit of a break. Need some sea air.

aberjen Thu 14-Feb-13 22:28:40

Yay, shiny new fred! smile

Thanks all for the info about consultant-led care. Yes Bood this is my first, and I think that's probably making me more control freak-y about the whole thing. I'll be having appointments and scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks and was told that the 28 and 36 week appointments would replace the ones I would have had with the midwife at the GPs. Sounds like it varies a bit around the country, so I guess I'll just have to see what happens at 28 weeks and go from there - thanks Artigene for the note about requesting to see a midwife when you felt you were missing something. I'll bear that in mind particularly for the 36 week appointment, as I was looking forward to discussing birth plan etc. with a friendly face (not that my consultant is unfriendly, just doctor-y iykwim).

Hi rain. And congrats Elly on 28 weeks smile

26+0 today!

Boodstress Fri 15-Feb-13 07:35:02

29 weeks today.. Woke up to nausea for the first time since wk 17, Ongoing pregnancy conjestion/bunged-upness, concrete like pelvis and an over energetic passenger in my tummy.... Otherwise I feel GREAT hmm

Hope everyone's morning started out brighter!

MooLL Fri 15-Feb-13 07:52:40

bloodstress interesting you say that ... I too have woken up this morning feeling sick again - oh nooo I really hope it doesn't last! I am also totally exhausted again. I've been off for the past 2 days with flu/cold thanks to my 3yr old DD so am hoping it all relates to that and not pregnancy symptoms. Can't believe after 20 odd years of working I only have 6 weeks left ... Bizarre!

GeordieCherry Fri 15-Feb-13 08:05:15

Happy new thread & welcome Seb!

DP has booked the week off next week to decorate

Currently washing all the bedding & clothes we've been given

Think this nesting lark is about to get going!!

Happy Friday everyone, finally!!

WildeRumpus Fri 15-Feb-13 08:14:47

Hey all! Lovely new thread, thanks seven

shelly am nesting too smile am.cleaning my house to move next week and it doesn't bother me at all, can't wait to get into the new one and clean that and start painting... Feel such an urge to make it hygienic for the baby?! And am baking...

Generally exhausted and feeling so full of baby! Am ridiculously huge eek...

Seb sounds amazing 10 smile

Congrats on 28 weeks elly!

I hope the sickness is fleeting ladies sad that sucks for you.

ng1412 Fri 15-Feb-13 08:32:48

Morning all, great new thread!

We have a whole house to paint but need to strip walls first and we did one last weekend and it did me in. Looking after our DD and doing painting is hard to combine but DH is doing another bedroom this weekend then we will start again on stripping the hall,landing and downstairs annex bedroom. I just want it all done!

Bood I feel bloody awful but that is lack of sleep and baby pressing and kicking on my bladder causing me to nip to the loo every two hours in the night. Not funny!

Boodstress Fri 15-Feb-13 09:14:18

Mooll dealing with various children's illnesses here too so maybe it is that and not the start of more nausea, I couldn't hack that with all the other stuff that goes on this trimester. Does anyone else freak out when baby turns at this stage? I was gabbing DH hand last night cause it was so uncomfortable with so much pressure inside as it turns.

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 15-Feb-13 11:12:09

Must be something in the air, I was sick this morning for the first time in a few weeks.

bood I don't like when they turn late on, so uncomfortable and makes me feel sick.

Well the sun is shining here, 2 loads of washing done and it definitely feels like spring is on its way smile

ng1412 Fri 15-Feb-13 12:29:19

Very jealous Seven it is freezing here, foggy and very dull. No sign of Spring here! envy

TerracottaPie Fri 15-Feb-13 12:42:40

Marking my place on the new thread. Will catch up properly after the estate agent has been round grin

Rhienne Fri 15-Feb-13 12:55:02

Checking in to the new thread.

Seems like lots of details have got sorted in the last week or so, and now it's just waiting, and waiting. And waiting. Sigh. Hope these 12 weeks go fast!

LO seems to like working out, lots of hard bits sticking out of my stomach. smile

I don't mind it too much when she turns, but I'm quite tall so I suppose there's a bit more room (?) but my tummy keeps juddering!

27+5

scooby26 Fri 15-Feb-13 17:39:58

Wirawoo- I was induced as my waters broke first ( family trait of start of labour) I did get contractions but not as strong as they would like so they insisted on inducement which is when it all went wrong!

MaybeAMayBaby Fri 15-Feb-13 17:46:42

Thanks, Seven. You've been properly looking after our little group; setting up fb, sorting last two thread grin.

Yay to all you that have hit 28 weeks already. I feel so far behind.

I don't think I've ever felt baby turn. In this pregnancy or last? Maybe I'm too fat? But I could never tell which was head or bum etc either. Only once when DD1 was transverse.

Full of cold. Miserable. And our babysitter has cancelled so no valentines meal out. Definitely need half term next week.

Any news, 10?

26+4

SevenReasonsToSmile Fri 15-Feb-13 17:57:42

No worries maybe, I'm just an organised person most of the time, I can't stand not being organised. I've never been good at knowing whether its a head or bum poking out either, and I'm sure it won't be because you're too far why you haven't felt them turn. I generally only feel it once per pregnancy, which I when I assume they adopt the final head down position!

Very far behind here, 25+0

Boodstress Fri 15-Feb-13 18:06:14

I'm getting somersaults and shifting organs. I can see all the limbs . I can also rule out pregancy related nausea as I e developed a full on stomach bug with the worst griping pains. All shivery etc. DH just arrived home to put kids to bed and let me lie down. It's so hard being sick with kids. It's going around and seems to be short lived so fingers crossed.

seven yes thanks so much for new thread. I'm getting such a lot from everyone's posts.

Boodstress Fri 15-Feb-13 18:13:45

everyones' posts grrrh

Ellypoo Fri 15-Feb-13 18:42:48

Boo to all the sickness and colds etc that you are all suffering, I hope you all feel better soon x

I can't tell where head/bum is but me wasn't sure either so that's ok! Baby is now head down with its feet over its head - bizarre!! Really didn't look a comfy position but I'm sure it's fine grin. All good today, measurements still on the average line which is fab, and estimated weight is 2lb 13oz!! Also my consultant said that hopefully next appt (in 2wks) they'll be able to book my c-section date so ill know exactly what date we are working towards which is really helpful!

Getting some fab movements now, but yes my worst & most painful nights sleep are when the baby is shifting position. Got crutches now hmm don't help me walk more quickly but they do take a bit of the pain off I suppose.

GTT was ok, results take 48 hrs but they'll call if any problems so I hope I don't hear from them!

Happy Friday everyone - anyone doing anything nice this weekend?

MaybeAMayBaby Fri 15-Feb-13 18:57:18

Oh no at crutches, Elly shock! Is that for the rest of the pregnancy or do they think it'll improve?
The talk of dates for sections is scary! But I'm now tempted to question it and bring up a section over 'normal' on Tuesday.

Getting a little anxious over baby's estimated weight on tues. I really hope she's put on a bit of weight (I've put on 7 lbs in under 3 weeks!) like her mum. I could do without any extra worry and from what I've read the next two weeks seem to be the critical point.

I have 4 weeks plus 3.5 work days left!! Woop whoop! With the amount if marking I packed into car this afternoon in so bloody glad it's the last time for at least a year smile.

Ellypoo Fri 15-Feb-13 19:02:55

They don't think it will improve until the baby arrives, but I have better days when I've been resting so just have to make sure I do plenty of that!!

Yay to a great work countdown!! I've got 5 weeks to go but none are full weeks and working from home a couple of days each week too which helps!

I know - I remember last time consultant wouldn't book the date until about 35 wks so I was happily surprised today, but I guess it's because I'm so anxious, and she doesn't want to deliver too early unless she needs to.

This thread is not accepting new messages.