Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

June 2013 - Thread 4 - don't forget your pelvic floor!

(997 Posts)
redwellybluewelly Sat 09-Feb-13 18:13:34

Last thread too full to add a link, hope everyone can find their way back!

DontmindifIdo Thu 14-Mar-13 13:39:20

We're nearly out of space!!! new thread

Binkybix Thu 14-Mar-13 13:38:44

We have a really deep bath and I see trouble ahead! Hope your bottom recovers! Am saving all my A/L for an early exit so the work isn't just saved up for when I get back from odd days. Going to speak to my manager later today or tomorrow about leaving much sooner than planned.

learnermummy Thu 14-Mar-13 13:28:27

Hi all, sorry to hear about those of you having a crappy time at work. I can safely say that taking an impromptu day off yesterday has really helped my work/life balance. Think using annual leave to reduce the working week is the way forward! I had plans to wander to the shops but in the end indulged in an afternoon in bed!
And if you need a giggle - I decided to have a bath last night which was lovely and relaxing until it came to getting out. Decided best way was going to be turning over onto my front and getting up on my knees that way. All fine, until I managed to scrape my oversized backside on the tap. Ouch! Huge red welt there now!

MrsBri Thu 14-Mar-13 12:06:07

Bugger all...24 hours after emailing them. :-/

Still not had my SMP forecast / confirmation of dates which is annoying too. It was due last Thursday. Sigh.

Binkybix Thu 14-Mar-13 11:58:39

DH is very supportive, although it's something he finds difficult to understand. He is very confident with work things. I have always doubted myself and stressed about failing etc, but never this badly.

Not spoken to HR but have spoken to my manager a few times. He's also been very understanding, and said he doesn't mind if I do nothing for next 8 weeks , or get signed off - but problem is I have a role that faces the whole organisation and no one else has that expectation. Keep getting hounded to update various Ministers on the (pointless) project I've mucked up and is way behind (unrealistic) deadline, and my manager telling me not to worry about anything doesn't stop everyone else expecting things.

Bah. Have stopped work for a bit and tucked up in bed for now. 90% sure am going to leave earlier now.

Any word from your HR MRsBRI? sad

MrsBri Thu 14-Mar-13 11:38:16

For your sanity it may be best to finish early Binky. It's an awful feeling, isn't it?

Is your DP / DH supportive? Have you tried talking to HR?

Olimoss Thu 14-Mar-13 11:01:55

Jinx on the hospital, Rue - am here waiting for the mini GTT blood sucking, then a CSection meet. I feel like I'm here all the bloody time!

Binkybix Thu 14-Mar-13 10:57:14

Oh, and Mrs Bri - sorry to hear that you are feeling bad too. I hope that HR reply soon. It's not fair on their part to leave an e-mail like that unanswered for any length of time.

Binkybix Thu 14-Mar-13 10:51:09

Thanks Guys - really appreciate the support.

Just logged on to work and as reduced me to a huge crying fit for about an hour so I think I need to do something. Not sure I'm doing anyone any favours by sticking round in this state

I'm very lucky in that I get 6 months fully paid, so some flexibility. I'm more worried that I will build this up in my mind as not being able to cope and being bad at my job anyway (ie not to do with pregnancy), having mucked up the priority task for my new job and achieved nothing in the coule of months I've been here. Doctor wants to sign me off but I'd prob rather just leave early and get it done with.

redwellybluewelly Thu 14-Mar-13 10:32:20

Im 27+3 however due to the mismanaged labour which nearly killed my first dc and left her with brain damage, a seizure disorder and cerebral palsy the hospital is meant to be supporting me in this pregnancy but as yet has done very very little.

Another one waiting for a csection date - growth scan tomorrow so will be pushing for an answer of a sort at my next appt I think.

Am currently sat waiting for attack of the vampires at the hospital - 28 week bloods followed by an anti-d injection, lucky me hmm just hoping I'm done in time to pick DS up from preschool at noon!

forgetmenots Thu 14-Mar-13 10:11:18

Bloody hell binky don't beat yourself up, I'm stopping at 35 and I've had a really easy time of it so far, if I had been feeling depressed there would be no question! Definitely stop when you need to!

MrsBri Thu 14-Mar-13 10:04:35

I completely understand as I'm in the same position and would also finish now if I could afford to.

It's actually better I start my annual leave / mat leave as we only get SSP from work.

Still waiting for HR to respond to my 'can't cope' email from yesterday, bearing in mind their duty of care!

Olimoss Thu 14-Mar-13 09:59:54

If I were rich and not self-employed and had lots of people to keep me company, I totally think I could finish up now. The daily struggle of getting to work, working well when there, and getting home, is getting tiresome and will only get more so. Sadly I need to work as late as possible, so...

I hope you find the right solution for you, Binky....

And Pink - hope you feel better today!

Withalittlesparkle Thu 14-Mar-13 09:45:02

I'm finishing at 36 weeks and seriously wish I could finis now!

Totally understand the depression thing! Any chance you could get signed off by your doctor? Then you don't have to start mat leave just yet

Sunbeam18 Thu 14-Mar-13 09:40:12

Hi Binky
Welcome, and sorry to hear you are struggling. I don't think 31 weeks is too early to go off if that's what you feel you need. My mum told me that in her day everyone went on mat leave at 6 months. I think we now all struggle on because it's expected. We need to keep aware of the heroic efforts we're making just to grow these babies! We're all amazing! X

Binky finish when you feel ready don't worry about anyone else. I'm finishing at 33-34 weeks and wish I could finish now!!

Binkybix Thu 14-Mar-13 08:49:12

Hi everyone

Have only posted on tis thread a few times. I am very intimidated by how prepared everyone is!

I've a quick question: I am really struggling at work with depression etc, but have resisted taking maternity leave that early (it's a new job and I just feel I should stick at it or will lose confidence and leave under a cloud). But I just don't feel able to carry on, and think I left early that might enable me to cope. Iy would probably see me leaving at about 31 weeks. Is this ridiculously early?

Cheers!

curiousgeorgie Thu 14-Mar-13 08:15:35

Redwelly - can I ask how many weeks you are? I'm also waiting for a c section date!

pinkapples Thu 14-Mar-13 07:19:07

I must say bshorty I'm struggling a bit as we have never had this problem in 7 years as I'm not a snorer but with the pregnancy congestion there's just no helping it sad

bshorty Wed 13-Mar-13 22:52:08

pinkapples My DH and I rarely share a bed he is a very light sleeper and I am a wiggler and a snorer so we just have a cuddle and then he goes to the spare room. It used to make me cry but don't mind so much now

redwellybluewelly Wed 13-Mar-13 21:08:44

Tomorrow is hopefully going to be terrific Thursday as I have a big research event to attend! Bump and all! Several prospective clients to meet as well. Hope everyone has a better day.

Friday wil involve leaving early I suspect. I left early today and got DD and was home by 5. Bliss. No mad panic about her dinner, chilled out in front of CBeebies and played with toys. Very chilled out. Until bedtime!

My Rant is about the fact that my consultant STILL hasn;t rung me back with a CS date - I left a message 3 weeks ago and he only works Tuesday and Wednesday. Chased last week and was told he would be in touch. Meant to be being handled with kid gloves and given extra MH support but as yet I'm just feeling more and more annoyed.

MrsBri Wed 13-Mar-13 20:48:33

Sarah, if I leave as planned I'll have 13 months left when I get back. Assuming I find the energy to do my time to count application!

Seriously wondering if it's worth it with all the changes coming in...a lot of firms will try to run with non-qualified people, I think, as with the cost cuts that'll be cheaper.

pinkbear82 Wed 13-Mar-13 20:11:16

Thank you ladies. Sorry to hear its been a bit of a wobbly Wednesday for everyone. Lets hope tomorrow is terrific Thursday for us all instead. smile

Guess it's good we have our wobbles, makes the good days even better and when you can see the positives makes them all the more important.

I'm just having a soak in the bath after DP brought home a beautiful
Bunch of flowers and apologising for being a useless grumpy t*at.

Here's looking forward to a new day tomorrow and more exciting news on less naked babies and finding bargains. Sleep well ladies xx

Sarah2506 Wed 13-Mar-13 20:10:31

Bri- where are you in your training contract? Do you have much to go on return?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now