Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

June 2013 - Thread 4 - don't forget your pelvic floor!

(997 Posts)
redwellybluewelly Sat 09-Feb-13 18:13:34

Last thread too full to add a link, hope everyone can find their way back!

pinkapples Fri 15-Feb-13 13:31:43

We think either Amelia or Rhiya for baby pink we have a mega short surname (3 letters) so have a 3 syllable middle name after hubby's sister who died

redwellybluewelly Fri 15-Feb-13 13:59:28

I have some legging for Jojomamanbebe and some jeans - blooming lovely and comfy. Not got quite enough bumpage yet to really keep the jeans up but they are much better to sit at a desk in.

Names. I heard the name I will call this bump today, not sharing with anyone, not even DH but it will (oh yes it will) be babies name grin

lovely names so far, I know a Freya and an Esme too

AmIGoingMad Fri 15-Feb-13 15:06:44

Hello all!

How are you feeling mrsbri?

I'm loving the names! It's a bit of an obsession of mine at the moment as you might notice from the three threads I started on the names board within a few hours of each other! Someone asked where that can be found. If you're on an iPhone go to
Home> topics> becoming a parent> baby names
I don't know how to link sorry!
I've got a few on the short list so far and have mentioned a few to DH and asked for his ideas too.
DS would have been Evie Grace but not certain now. Think I want to have two or three definite maybes by the big day and make final decision when I see my daughter! Oo that that sounds lovely- daughter!smile

For leggings I found new look maternity and asos maternity ones brilliant! My only concern is them being over bump- last time that was amazing and I'm loving the comfort of them now but am wondering how they'll be come may/June.

Mawgatron- good luck catching up with marking! I'm coming to the end of my half term and the books are still where I left them last fri. Oh dear- Sundays going to be great! hmm

Olimoss Fri 15-Feb-13 17:21:31

Just wanted to let you know my Isabella Oliver dresses just arrived and they are really aces. Not the cheapest but on sale at the moment, and will def see me through to the end.

I got:

http://www.isabellaoliver.com/maternity-clothes/uk/100/sale/all/DR148.html

And another tshirt dress which I can't find now. Anyway impressed with the quality and good enough for fancy but relaxed enough for work or casual.

Just in case you were looking. The ruching is front and back so nicely camouflages excess pregnancy butt as well as gut!

MrsBri Fri 15-Feb-13 18:06:41

Hi AmI, I'm OK. It was nice to work from home, so I'm nowhere near as exhausted as I normally am by now.

We've started the move now too, which is fantastic :-) If chaotic! We are moving some stuff now and the rest in the morning, then we are done. So exciting!

It's amazing how much can be fitted into a flat.

DontmindifIdo Fri 15-Feb-13 18:21:49

Names - well I thought we were terribly organised on the boy name front - Benedict being first choice, Oscar as a 'fall back' if he didn't look like a Benedict. So this week we've had Oscar being the name of a girlfriend murderer and Benedict being the pope who resigned (and I'd worry a week or so after naming said baby some big scandal will come out behind that...) <stamps feet> it's not fair! We had it sorted for boys. There are no other names we both like that work with our surname and DS's name. Don't want to have to start again.

For girls, DH has shit ideas that sounds like an early 80s class register different taste to me, so I've given him my list to pick from, he likes Eloise and "doesn't mind" Agatha. Agatha is my fav girls name, but DH is campaigning well that Eloise or Ellie goes well with DS's name. I do have to conceed Eloise does work better than Agatha with DS's name so might sway that way... (All other names he's refused point blank, and she'd be his DD too)

Sarah - from your list i like Elsa Madeleine.

DontmindifIdo Fri 15-Feb-13 18:23:42

Re over the bump vs under the bump - I found at the end, all the below bump ones just fell down, so even if they'll be hot towards the end, at least your arse won't be hanging out...

Sarah2506 Fri 15-Feb-13 20:33:33

On the names thing I'm also interested to know what you are doing about surnames? We are married but I didn't change my name. Baby will have both. Never really saw why it should automatically follow that she would have his name. In my office people have given them both names, or a DD gets the wife's and a Ds the husbands and so on. Or just given the whole family a new name! What are you doing?

AlohaMama Fri 15-Feb-13 21:06:05

Dontmind I wouldn't worry about the pope. I can't imagine most people will be thinking about it in a few months, let alone all the rest of dc's life. Same with Oscar. Just wait and see how you feel about the names when dcis born. Love Eloise. Agatha is a nice name but are there nice nicknames? Not loving Aggie for example...

Some beautiful names mentioned, especially for girls. Lots beginning with E?! I wouldn't worry about pope or Oscar P as no one will make the connection.
I really like Oliver/Ollie and Oscar but my SiL has 2 dogs with they names!! Currently like caleb, Finley and Jacob. Why is it so difficult?!
I bought some maternity leggings from next but they're not great, very baggy around the crotch area. Currently rolling my normal ones down! Any recommendations for tights?
I'm exhausted this evening, slept dreadful last night so came to bed early this evening and can't sleep!

Sunbeam18 Fri 15-Feb-13 21:56:26

I've had a really worrying evening. Sorry if this is TMI but i wonder if anyone else has suffered from this. Tonight I had lots of bleeding in the toilet after doing a poo. The bleeding was, I'm sure, from my bum and not vagina but got a big fright. I wasn't constipated or in any pain. My sister reckons it must be piles internally that I didn't know about. Has anyone had this or got suggestions on what I should do. It was a lot of bright red blood, but none at all since and none on knickers or when wiping front. Sorry, this is horrible and embarrassing.

Sarah2506 Fri 15-Feb-13 22:09:58

Hi sunbeam. Caveating that I'm not a doctor so if worried then please contact one. However I do have a bowel disease and good knowledge of the area! Bright red tends to mean it is either piles or tiny cuts called fissures. The time to worry is if it appears to be actually in your poo, and flowing freely from the exit point, if its dark or mixed with mucus. I have to watch mine like a hawk for signs of changes. I have what you describe occasionally and this, for me, is piles or fissures and nothing to worry about. Does this help? Def mention to midwife at next appointment though!

Ooh names. No idea what we'll go for this time! The boys name we had for DD I've gone off completely - William. We knew the triplets were boys, and used up our 3 favourite boy names for them, and had family middle names. Didn't bother thinking of girls names.

Since we don't know what this one is (due to non-cooperation at 2 scans so far...), we're trying to come up with a boys name and a girls name and not having much luck with either.

DD has suggested Rosie, Matilda, Peter or Jack (very sensible! And I actually quite like Peter.). DS wants a sister with the same name as him. So not too much help from them grin Girls names I like are Madeleine, Genevieve, Esther, that's about it so far.

Re maternity clothes, I only started wearing them this week grin not quite sure how I've managed, but finally broke out my old maternity jeans and they're v v comfy. I've also been given a bunch of stuff - from my sister and friends, so I need to weed through that and sort out what's in a fit state to wear. Soon...

DontmindifIdo Fri 15-Feb-13 23:49:24

Pooh rue, genevieve is on my girls name list, however dh vetoed on the grounds too many letters! I like esther as well, and the biblical Esther was a good 'un! (oh I might have to add esther to the list)

Aloha- aggie as a nickname is dhs sticking point on agatha, while we aren't Scottish, our surname is Scottish, and he thinks it sounds like "the pensioner running the post office in some tiny Scottish village".

Sunbeam if its just the once don't panic but do mention it to your mw.
If it happens more frequently visit your gp.
I've had another dreadful nights sleep. I'm tried but just can't sleep! Going to tire myself out with a bit of shopping then hopefully have an afternoon nap!

Rue after triplets and a dd how are you just getting into mat clothes now?!! There really isn't hope for me, dc 1 and I've lived in mine for weeks!!! Well not fully true I'm trying to mix and match. Normally size 10 and wore a size 8 non maternity dress yesterday but my tights were torture!!

AlohaMama Sat 16-Feb-13 08:52:37

I can relate to the tiredness littlemiss, earlier stood at the front door pressing the button on my car keys wondering why the front door wasn't opening. Tried to explain to my dh it was because I was tired but only managed to say it was because I was cold. We live in Hawaii, he was a bit hmm

massagegirl Sat 16-Feb-13 09:28:28

Fully embracing maternity jeans... Would it be wrong to wear them when I'm no longer pregnant? Off to a nearly new sale, I hear they are pretty hectic... Wish me luck!

AmIGoingMad Sat 16-Feb-13 10:21:46

Morning!
Happy moving today mrsbri!

Sunbeam- it's worth going to the doc but not cos I think it's something you should worry about, just as he/she will be able to give you something to make it more comfortable. I had exact same thing (from sound of what you've written) about 6 weeks into pregnancy after a serious bout of constipation. When I could go it was so painful and quite a lot of blood. As someone's said- dr said I had a fissure and gave me cream to make going less painful and prescribed fybogel. I didn't get on with fybogel at all and found benefiber powder from boots much better (I checked with dr that it was ok in pregnancy).

With maternity tights I find debenhams ones really comfy.

Which maternity jeans do you have? Tried loads last time and couldn't find any comfy ones!

On names front I'm pretty traditional I suppose and took DH's name so don't have that dilemma at the moment. The baby's first name is enough for me right now! Think we'll have one of those E names-DS has a name beginning with E too-purely coincidental!

Don't mind I wouldn't worry about those events and relations to names. As someone said earlier- see how you feel at the time.

Aloha I'm doing things like that all the time at the minute!
Got a few bargains in tk maxx this morning. I never usually go in but thought I'd give it a try. Got a dream genie pillow for £25 and a couple of gro swaddle wraps.
Mrs Bri hope the moves going well. I'm off for a lie down!!

Hawkmoth Sat 16-Feb-13 13:52:52

Re names, I'm worried that I william a nice traditional name, only for the new royal to be called it and then there be a tidal wave of them! I think this may be fairly paranoid but hey ho! Also kicking myself as ds has two middle names which we now obviously can't use if this is another boy. It's very difficult, so I've pretty much given up and hoping it will come out with a name tag or something!

Littlemiss I have no idea! My theory is that it all got so stretched last time round that there's plenty of saggy and baggy room in there this time without having to stick out in front grin. I have been surprised by how much better I feel physically this time though. Long may it continue!

Mawgatron Sat 16-Feb-13 18:02:36

Been sorting out the spare room today, it's making me really excited! Set up nursing chair and have been running around with a tape measure working out where to put everything. And I caved and bought my first baby clothes - 4 pack of little vests and a 4 pack of tees.
Feel like its all starting properly now!
Second vote for debenhams maternity tights, although only the black ones. I am reasonably tanned and the nude ones looked a bit freakish as they were too light and thick denier- made my legs look like mannequin's legs.
Hope the move is going ok mrs bri! I remember how stressful our move was (6yrs ago), so I don't envy you...

SunnyL Sat 16-Feb-13 18:46:34

My sister is truly mega ace. She's just sent me a detailed itinerary of all the baby stuff in her loft that she's giving me including web links so I can know what the feck some of this stuff is. With my sister in law also promising me a heap of stuff I think the only things we're going to need to buy in the first 6 months is a baby monitor and a breast pump.

Phew! I don't know how she did it first time round. She was 26 on minimum wage whereas I'm 32 on a proper professional salary and yet the cost of this stuff is still making me go pale.

Sisters are ace.

MrsBri Sat 16-Feb-13 18:56:12

Hi everyone :-)

Quick check in...totally exhausted and house nowhere near sorted. Still need to clean some of the old flat too.

But, the lounge, bedroom and kitchen are sorted, so we can at least relax after dinner!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now