Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2013 Part 3 - Adventures in the second trimester!

(989 Posts)
FoofFighter Wed 06-Feb-13 17:46:22
RugBugs Fri 15-Mar-13 19:01:09

New thread!!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1709005-August-2013-Part-4-Half-way-there-already

I tried to get a mw appt for my pgp but none until next Fri so off to gp for me.

JollyYellowGiant Fri 15-Mar-13 16:06:23

Muddy, my PGP is grim too. Hobbling everywhere sad Can't wait for my physio appointment to come through.

FoofFighter Fri 15-Mar-13 15:22:26

lol wouldn't call an explorer vintage, I had an E3 for childminding up til 3 years ago blush

You can jazz it up with some funky custom liners from ebay smile

Abilee90 Fri 15-Mar-13 15:06:12

Worn out today. Really struggling, heart has decided to play up and making tiredness worse. Had to make a costume for my dh's best friends party tomorrow so was up sticking ivy leaves onto a top. Will be glad when dh is home and i can relax.

Dd accidently kicked me in tummy this morning. So been worried all day but little man turned and has been kicking all afternoon. Note to self, better watch dd and her legs while having a snuggle in bed in the morning

19+4
Xxx

muddybloodypuddles Fri 15-Mar-13 14:51:07

oxford - congrats on team pink! (or magenta!)
lexi - you did the right thing, I would've got it checked out too, I get heartburn but never a really bad pain like that

foof - go for it, esp while you've got the money

rug - yes I kinds of wish my quinny buzz hadn't lasted so well as would be nice to buy a new pushchair, don't have the money though so good job really. Will placate myself with some new dangly toys for baby or something wink

PGP a bit worse today so was walking like a cripple round sainsburys after a morning's Easter crafts event (for ds not me), but now back home with feet up for a little while

RugBugs Fri 15-Mar-13 14:15:42

We have a phil and teds explorer and bought the peanut carrycot to sit on the seat, since the dot and navigator came out it's been difficult to find the extras like the doubles kits.

They seem to take a bit of a bashing on mn but it's been great for us.
My family live rurally so something capable of handling country lanes/bridlepaths was a must, we've had it along the South downs way. The uv net has been a godsend too, it's rarely calm enough for a sun parasol here grin.
I can fit everything I need for a few days away under the buggy, it's made my journeys from NW to SE a lot easier.

That said, I'd like it less if I had to fold it more often but we walk everywhere/get the train.

It's almost a shame it's lasted so well, I really like the updates they've made with the navigator

FoofFighter Fri 15-Mar-13 13:42:56

What have you got then Rugbugs? [pramnerd]

RugBugs Fri 15-Mar-13 13:28:14

We've also bought the bits for the pram we needed already. It's now a legacy model so parts getting much harder to find and it was a bargain.

Just back from a ballet! DD did her usual pointing and loudly repeating over and over what she has spotted grin

Has nobody noticed that we need a new thread??

FoofFighter Fri 15-Mar-13 13:06:00

ooh lexi that sounds proper frightening shock i've never had heartburn, no idea what it feels like so I think I would probably think I was having a heartattack or something blush Always better to get yourself checked out than not with chest pains lexi, am sure the hospital would agree smile

RuckAndRoll Fri 15-Mar-13 13:05:12

I've looked online on next and mothercare, found one white blouse on mothercare but it looked really low cut which I don't want for work.

foof definately not madness, we got ours 2 weeks ago as it's been discontinued in the uk, we were in europe and considering buying it and shipping back but found kiddicare had a few left in stock in their clearance so ordered it pretty sharpish.

lexi hope you're feeling better, really scary when things like that happen. Always worth getting medical help if you're unsure.

JollyYellowGiant Fri 15-Mar-13 12:56:36

I got a few work things from Mothercare's maternity range last time smile

LexiLoganberryBump Fri 15-Mar-13 12:32:44

I've haven't been on for afew days have just caught up with eveyones news, congratulations to all the boy/girl news.

On tuesday evening I suddenly had chest pains, I took off my bra as it suddenly felt really tight after 10 minutes asked DH to take me to hospital, I was confident it wasn't heart related as pain not in the right place but it felt like something was pressing on my chest and was breathless. Anyway it embarressing turned out to be heartburn, I'm glad I went as when I walked back to the car the pain increased again and by the time I got home and in bed it was really painful again, if I hadn't of gone I would of been pretty scared. I had heartburn in later pregnancy with my DD but it was nothing like this. I never knew heartburn could be like this.

My scan isn't for another 4 weeks and I'll be 22 weeks.

Sorry if this appears twice, got it typed out and then got kicked off.

FoofFighter Fri 15-Mar-13 12:31:30

Next is usually good for work wear Ruck?

Would it be complete madness to order the pram next week? am getting a tax refund and weve already been let down by our first choice being discontinued in the two colours we want so any that we find are now sky high prices sad I don't want to have to choose again!!

Got a bet on the Gold Cup today, Bob's Worth, fingers crossed for me!

RuckAndRoll Fri 15-Mar-13 10:26:01

Does anyone know the best place for smart work tops? I'm meeting a new client next week and normally it's a smart suit job, but that doesn't fit any more.

I've got some black trousers and nice boots and don't wear dresses - not worth the hassle in a male environment! Just need a few nice blouses or smart tops to get me through. Normally I'm in the office in jeans/casual wear.

waves looking forward to some photos of you carrying a baby giraffe-clown in the sling grin Hope you're feeling ok today.

Just had a flat inspection and the letting agent barely even looking at the flat, he spent the whole time chatting about the baby as his wife is due a few weeks before me. Good job really as it looks clean but probably isn't if he looked too close!

Beckett3 Fri 15-Mar-13 08:46:44

Just spent far too long trying to catch up on everything! It's actually surprised me to find out I'm not the only one with an arse stbexh.

Congrats to everyone. Can't believe the amount of boys that are expected.

I'm going to try to find out which team I'll be joining, my scan's Wednesday which seems like I've had to wait forever for. Morning sickness has come back with a vengeance and sometimes moving is all it takes to set it off.

I'm currently also learning to drive, the baby loves it, goes mad whenever I'm behind the wheel.

19+6

LouiseD29 Fri 15-Mar-13 07:33:46

So envious of all your scan results - mine isn't for another three weeks (will be 22 weeks) and I can't wait! Congratulations everyone, so lovely to hear all your news.

Good luck for the scan tomorrow mrs pennyapple

oxford my DD was almost exclusively in purples and reds. Bleurgh to pastel pink!

I'm thinking that DS2 will be unusually dressed, as DD and DS are very keen to save up their pocket money to buy outfits etc, and help get their baby brother dressed in the morning. So I could well end up hiking about with a baby giraffe in my sling (DDs latest obsession) or a baby clown (which DS thinks would be hilarious). I'm just thrilled that they are so excited. Only 17 months between the two of them, so will be lovely to see how they interract with their new sibling and I hope that they will also be wiling volunteers when it comes to nappy changes

OxfordToLondoner Thu 14-Mar-13 22:33:23

Team pink here! Though only magenta as i can't stand baby pink.

MrsPennyapple Thu 14-Mar-13 22:27:50

Hello all. Can't get over how many boys are brewing! I'm almost tempted to find out at the scan tomorrow, to see if we can even the numbers up a bit smile No, we'll still be keeping it a surprise.

Bad night with DD last night, she woke up at midnight and then again at 4am, and didn't settle properly until 5.20. I hope tonight is better but she just had a bit of a grumble so I'm not holding out too much hope. I'm not sure if she's teething again, she's only got the four very back ones to come through. She has had a cold though, but seems to be getting over that now. She has got gunky eyes though. I don't think it's conjunctivitis, as it's only in the very inner corners of her eyes, not along the lash line, and it's green, not yellow. Seems to be fine in the morning but gets worse as the day goes on. It only started yesterday so think I might ring the doctor tomorrow.

Have felt some definite movements today, rolling-over type feelings rather than kicks. Nice to feel something happening in there!

19+3.

woofers you have my total sympathy. I'm 20 +2 and it is still going on! On a couple of days off hospital for various reasons, and I've mostly been horizontal in an attempt to stop the sickness. I was just so relieved that despite my weight loss, my little man is growing beautifully, and clearly full of beans.

I'm now panicking that I have forgotten absolutely everything about babies. Just hoping that everything comes flooding back when he arrives (I love that I can call him a him now smile)

I'm hoping to get back to work in a couple of weeks - I had 25 and 26 booked off as holiday as that is when my dad died coming up for 2 years ago, so planning, sickness permitting, on being back on 27 March. Then due to start ML on 17 July, with a return to work at the start of January, but hoping my request for a 4 day week will be agreed - will save on childcare, and give me some time with the little one, as well as keep on top of the housework etc which will be a challenge given STBXH's impending departure (due to leave 25 March)

Challenging times ahead, and really hoping the sickness passes soon as it is wearing me down, and I have a lot of practical, legal and financial issues to resolve before my new addition arrives.

I've spent this evening pondering baby boy names....my list is already up to about 12 names blush Loving Osian, Dylan, Sebastian, Caspian, Corin, Arlo and Jules especially at the moment.

Woofers Thu 14-Mar-13 20:37:52

Not at all challenging waves crown for morning sickness but really! When will it stop?!

Breathlessness - I'm 16 + 6 and have been breathless since 12 w ish. I'm normally quite fit, dog walking, horse riding, swimming etc, so it was quite a shock getting puffed out from car to office. Dh lovingly calls me huff a long.

cakebaby Thu 14-Mar-13 19:49:38

Gary, yep, bump was awkward shy at 12 wk scan so anyone's guess if we'll be able to see anything at the next one! Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Are the car seats that can lie flat any better for baby's position do you think?

JollyYellowGiant Thu 14-Mar-13 19:42:58

We used our carrycot all the time. But we walk a fair bit. We also used it for DS to sleep in downstairs and kept the Moses basket upstairs.

GaryBuseysTeeth Thu 14-Mar-13 19:27:06

So I've just caught up with the week...warning you all now, don't ever not post for 4 days! Loads happens when you're away!

Congrats for all the blue & sprinkling of pink here & there everyone thanks
cake, we'd like to find out, but know it all depends on the position of baby, is it worth saying 'we'll find out if we can?'

Rug, that's the only reason we're getting a size 0 seat, keeping baby safe around playgroups.
Abi, I wouldn't bother buy anything that you were only going to use for a few weeks/months, I've only seen those carrycot in magazines, never in real life.

Ruck, enjoy your text book, sounds interesting hmm

ZaraHome baby girl stuff is wonderful, annoyingly the boy stuff is rubbish.
Bit like most places! Only H&M, Boden, BabyGap & John Lewis seem to have nice boy stuff, found some lovely little (half price!) newborn vests in Sainsburys t'other day.

DS is a winter baby, for summer babies...do they just sleep in a babygro or do they need a vest underneath/grobag on top?

18+5

cakebaby Thu 14-Mar-13 19:10:50

Oh damnit, prem posting.... 16+5

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now