Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

August 2013 Part 3 - Adventures in the second trimester!

(989 Posts)
FoofFighter Wed 06-Feb-13 17:46:22
FoofFighter Sat 09-Feb-13 20:17:32

Just as well we aren't going for the lime then if it attracts the midges, we live in Scotland!

Christelle2207 Sat 09-Feb-13 20:34:32

Welcome Stacey.

Beckie yes that was an insensitive thing to say. However I feel sad that the last of my gps died when I was 10. Much older than yours admittedly. I hate the thought that my own parents won't be around to see their grandchildren grow up - they're not far off 70 now. Definite downsides to being an older parent - I'm nearly 35.

Still no movements here. However good nt test news! 9000-1. At me age that must be as good as it gets surely.

Chuckaluck Sat 09-Feb-13 20:44:24

Gary it's a good point about the financial stability of Mothercare, had not thought of that! Keep looking at the bugaboos online so think it might have to be a second hand one, smartened up! My parents have offered to pay for pram or cot and thought it was a bit much to ask for a £800 pram!

Dont think pains are Braxton hicks but don't know really. Are quite low down and ok nowam relaxing but after doing food shopping earlier, we're really bad! Had a lean myself on trolley and take baby steps back to car! Seeing midwife on Thursday so will talk to her then.

Going to chill out with some biscuitand my loving dog. Have a great Saturday night all xx

FoofFighter Sat 09-Feb-13 20:45:35

Google round ligament pain and see if it feels like that, I get it if I overdo it or get up/sit down too fast.

beckie90 Sat 09-Feb-13 21:09:37

christelle Ye my mums sister had her 1st when I had my first, she was 36, my little cousin is 4 now and my nan n grandad are both 63 so they was older with her. And thats a fantastic NT result, still awaiting mine 11 days later, they said within 2wk so can't be long now
Xx

Abilee90 Sat 09-Feb-13 22:55:07

I really want a bump, i didnt show til 22 weeks with dd. i have had no appetite today but it came back tonight and i mullered a plate of homemade chilli and half a big bar of dairy milk lol what a fatty. Was lovely.

Dd is out for the count and i'm in bed struggling to keep eyes open.

Becki my grandparents were everything to me, that was very insensitive. I'm lucky my in laws are lovely but ob yours need a compassion bone. Big hugs.

Dh is out for evening so can relax, i cant take much more of him. Sick of being left in tears not fair on bean. Fingers crossed he bucks up his ideas

Welcome stacey, also 22, 23 on august 11th. This is my second baby. Congrates on first baby. You are my due date buddy. Praying i dont go over due this time went 14 days over and then 37.5 hours of labour took me to a total of 16 days over due. Fingers crossed i dont this time anf i have an easy labour xxx

MrsPennyapple Sun 10-Feb-13 00:10:24

Hi everyone. I'm such a pleb, only just found the new thread. I've been onto the stats thread and updated my due date as was told at the 12 week scan that I was 6 days further along than I thought, which makes me 14+5 now.

Still only feeling very tiny, occasional movements, that I'm not even really sure are movements. Thought I'd be feeling more by now, I'm not sure whether I should worry or not.

Waves and Mayan so sorry to hear you are both having such tough times at the moment. Both are just awful situations to be dealing with. Wishing I could do more than send virtual hugs. (I'm not terribly huggy really so always feel a bit unsure whether it's the right thing to say, but I'm sure you understand the sentiment.)

Yvonney Sun 10-Feb-13 07:38:02

Morning all, welcome Stacey x
Why is it even when I'm shattered I can't sleep?!? I'm officially 12 weeks tomorrow! Feel miles behind some of you. With my DS I first felt movement at 17 weeks. I didn't have a bump til abt 22 weeks. Re prams, I still have my Mamas & Papas 3in1 even tho 7 years old. We kept it in original box so is in pretty good condition. Would love a newer, trendier one but can't justify it. When I was pregnant last time round my mum worked in a baby shop so we got her discount! She's retired now though sad
Have a good day everyone x

11+6

Yvonney Sun 10-Feb-13 07:42:36

ps Beckie - your grandad is soo young, he's younger than my mum! It was an insensitive thing to say, hope everything goes ok with his treatment & scan xxxx thanks

Yvonney Sun 10-Feb-13 07:49:52

pps just looked online and my pram is a Mamas & Papas 9in1 Ultima travel system. Although don't remember it being a 9in1?!? x

blondecat Sun 10-Feb-13 07:55:28

Good Sunday morning everyone

Congratulations on happy scans and big continuing hugs to waves, Beckie and others

I thought I had no bump just has but then DH went to india for one day and when he saw me after a72 hour break he pointed out I had a bump. It just popped out and no amount of pulling in my tummy makes it go away. I credit the non existent stomach muscles grin

Off to wrangle DD and DH for walkers before church

Dexidoo Sun 10-Feb-13 08:20:54

Happy lazy Sunday everyone. Weather is atrocious think I'll take the dog out and then hibernate! Had an amazing sleep last night which is the first in a long time so feeling good.

We have told a few more people now after the results and so starting to actually feel excited rather than just scared. SIL is so excited and already offered us a carseat so all good. I like reading lots of reviews before making any purchasing decisions so 'which?' is getting a lot of use. Thinking about getting a bugaboo bee, has anyone had any experience?

We have antenatal clinic at the hospital on valentines day for bloods & nhs dating scan. Midwife says that she won't need to see me now until 24 weeks!!! She reckons no point in 15-16 week appt as already had Down's screening. At least it is less time to try and get off work.

Sorry to hear about those of you who aren't getting the support you need from your partners. DH is doing pretty well although I could do without the huffing when I don't feel up to eating what he wants or need to go to bed before 9pm!

Wet Sunday blues here. sad film fest may be in order as DH is out all day but I'm lacking inspiration - any ideas?
Abi sorry your DH is being such a **, hope he gets over it soon. Waves and Mayan hope things are improving for you both thanks
Stacey my MW told me I needed to make each appt and it was my responsibility. Defo ring them tomorrow x
MrsPenny MW said movements might not be felt until
22 weeks so I wouldn't worry just yet. Think before 17 weeks is unusual?

Someone said (sorry, forgot who) MW essentially canned the 15/16 week appt. having had mine this week I'd say can you ask for it anyway - get a chance to hear heartbeat and check its sounding good etc so
I'd push for it if I were you?!

I've got a definite bump (that's hard i.e. different from flabby belly) and I've gained c.4kg now blush if I'm only meant to gain 7-11 in total by week 40 I might struggle - ooops!

15+5

stacey212528 Sun 10-Feb-13 10:05:06

Morning (: no lazy Sunday for me, off to work. Will give the midwife a ring tomorrow to get that appointment booked. Thanks. Xx

MrsPennyapple Sun 10-Feb-13 10:14:31

Thanks Remembering. When I was pg with DD I didn't find out I was pg until 19 weeks, and realised that what I'd thought was gas was actually baby movement. I thought I might feel it earlier this time, because of actually knowing there's a baby in there - I suppose I am just impatient smile

beckie90 Sun 10-Feb-13 11:49:13

Thankyou yvonney xxx

muddybloodypuddles Sun 10-Feb-13 13:46:35

Hello - could i join in too please??
Currently have 2nd day of feeling relatively okay after feeling nauseous and exhausted for the last 8 weeks lol (no actual throwing up just feeling like crap).
EDD is 5th August so will find the link to add myself smile x

muddybloodypuddles Sun 10-Feb-13 13:47:08

Meant to add - 14+6

beckie90 Sun 10-Feb-13 14:08:30

Hey welcome to the thread muddy smile xx

DaveMccave Sun 10-Feb-13 15:07:10

Welcome muddy

I'm having a lazy day after having to get a locksmith to get home this morning after the mechanism for my deadbolt broke last night. Had to go and stay at my mums very late so it was a right pain. dp is in Ireland 'till Tuesday, so I'm just chilling out till DD is home. Cooking an organic roast and a bread and butter pudding.

My news is totally out now, visited all family last few days and announced on Facebook last night to tell everyone else I've missed. My phone has not stopped since, and in feeling much more relaxed and excited now. Didn't realised how stressed the secret was making me. Only one negative reaction from my brother who lives overseas who is 'furious' apparently. I may not be married, own my own house or have a career, but my daughter is well looked after and loved. And this wasnt even planned, i was using reliable contraception, not that that is any of his business. Sanctimonious prick!

muddybloodypuddles Sun 10-Feb-13 15:29:05

thanks for the welcome beckie and dave

Dave your dinner sounds yummy - mind if i pop round? lol. As for your brother - it must be nice being so 'holier than thou' all the time? could it be he's just a bit concerned about you (not sure what your relationship is like) and feels too far away to be there for you. But you're right, financial trappings don't matter as much as how DC's are treated/loved. It's nice being able to get it out in the open though isn't it - makes it feel more 'official'

DH has a hangover today (went to a wedding yesterday) so i have been very nice and made him bacon bagette for lunch and got him some chocolate for later (erm..and me lol). I said I don't mind as he doesn't get drunk very often (but did add if it was to become more often he wouldnt' get this kind of treatment lol).

FoofFighter Sun 10-Feb-13 16:02:02

I think I have norovirus sad

Welcome muddy & sorry to hearcthat foof sad

In the doldrums, it has been cold, grey and relentlessy rainy for 2 days straight so DS going stir crazy but cold i've been fighting all week has moved into my chest so not in the best form to entertain him - every time i cough i wretch and threw up my whole lunch confused plus some combination of conjunctivitis/coughing/wretching has given me heaps of broken blood vessels in my eyes. I am a flipping shivery, coughing, stuffed up sick mess. Sorry rant over...just getting fed up! Ready to start 'glowing' any day now...

Hope everybody's well x

beckie90 Sun 10-Feb-13 17:53:57

Sorry to hear that foof get well soon xx

dave sorry about your brothers reaction. My pregnancy is still a big secret, and starting to get to me now I so desperatly want to tell my parents but don't want the very negative reaction I'm going to get, but then again I'm happy so thats what should be important.

I've Changed my diet a lot to really healthy and lots of fluid now (I've never drank much water before) and must say the very bloated belly I had in early weeks has now dissapeared, and got increasingly better over last week and is now back to normal, it must be relieved after my terrible previous diet (total junk food lover) I've always been able to eat loads of food and not gained weight so it made me eat even more fatty foods, but my god I feel totally different now and have loads more energy. Definatly going to eat better from now on smile

14+1 xx

Feel better Foof make sure to replace the salts, not just the fluids thanks

Welcome Muddy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now