Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2013 Part 3 - Adventures in the second trimester!

(989 Posts)
FoofFighter Wed 06-Feb-13 17:46:22
Abilee90 Tue 26-Feb-13 19:57:20

Added u smile xx

beckie90 Tue 26-Feb-13 20:21:15

So sorry about the net ladies. Pain in the bottom lol, I use wayyy too much net. Has everyone who added me been added to the group xx

Abilee90 Tue 26-Feb-13 20:23:59

Yh beckie think so hun smile xx

FoofFighter Tue 26-Feb-13 21:19:57

I'll still be doing my main posting on here folks, just using fb for reading what you lot put posting pix etc smile

MrsWajs Tue 26-Feb-13 21:27:57

Think i have PM'd you beckie or i hope i have anyway!!

GaryBuseysTeeth Tue 26-Feb-13 21:32:06

Foof Our local TKMaxx is rubbish for anything baby related that isn't grobags! Very jealous that you've got a decent one, although a <slapped wrist> for spending!

I can't talk, bought 2 packs of baby vests in Sainsburys (half price!) to celebrate another appointment out of the way.
My iron levels are really low and they think I have a UTI (ketones, blood, protein all present) so am on a lots of food & water diet for the rest of the pregnancy, want a home birth so I don't want to ruin my chances of it by having crappy iron levels!

RuckAndRoll Tue 26-Feb-13 21:32:47

rug I got some giant muslins in tk maxx too. great prices in there but pot luck. they had a steriliser in ours, brand new but battered box at 70% of rrp.

been getting a lecture of my gran today about how you only need 3 sets of clothes for a.baby. one to wear, one dirty and one to wash!

my phone is tempramental and we're on holiday so can't unhide myself on fb to get into the group yet. I'd rather keep this as my main posting place.

RugBugs Tue 26-Feb-13 21:56:30

I think tkmaxx stores vary wildly. Was in the lakeside one on Sat and they had very different stock to the one I usually frequent.

I got some Jenny McCarthy animal print muslins for £6.99, I have no idea who she is but they're quite similar to the Aden & anais ones I was eyeing up on amazon.

Did you get any anti-bs for a uti Gary?

MrsPennyapple Wed 27-Feb-13 09:15:41

I think I prefer main posting on here too, fb seems to jump about all over the place and I miss things.

Our Tk Maxx is pretty good for baby things, and kitchen things. I can't stand shopping there for me, unless I'm looking for something specific. I am rubbish at browsing, and there's just too much all crammed in. I'm happy if I can go straight to the relevant section, find my size, get it (or not), and leave.

17+3 and still no movement, although my bump is feeling quite firm and bump-ish smile

GaryBuseysTeeth Wed 27-Feb-13 09:51:40

Rug, they're testing to see what's wrong & then will send results to GP so I can get whatever anti-bs I need, will go to the GP if things get worse!

I prefer posting here too, although the fb group will be fantastic later on for bump/scan pics (if that's your thing) & when we've all got newborns to show off!

Ruck, your gran sounds like me (although for newborn we had 14 of everything), when MIL looks after DS she changes him the second he considers spilling something down his clothes (and so she's always shrinking washing his clothes) but I'm happy for him to be in a grubby top as long as it's not wet or uncomfortable for him!

beckie, we went over our download limit twice (thanks to me playing Call of Duty!) and Sky switched us onto unlimited broadband...is it worth looking into it for you?

greenj1 Wed 27-Feb-13 10:59:12

hi all been away from mumsnet for a little while, severe exaustion(sp) but on this disgusting iron stuff which should help! Im now 16+7 its going quite quickly now and Im feeling baby move quite a bit smile Could you add me to fb group? My name is Jenny Gooch and my profile pic is of a big tabby cat xxx

hello everyone havent been on here in a while. had my scan 2 weeks ago and a happy little wave from baby smile hows everyone else doing?

RugBugs Wed 27-Feb-13 11:46:52

shock Gary do you just play cod? DP plays borderlands when he can which isn't very often now and I dabble in wow when DD is snoozing.

I'm amazed at how much movement I can feel at 15+6, I had an anterior placenta with DD and didn't feel her until well into the 20's. Bump is quite firm too, apart from just above bikini line which is still most definately podge!

greenj1 Wed 27-Feb-13 14:58:06

btw i should have said 16+6 lol baby brain smile I hope everyone is well xx

FoofFighter Wed 27-Feb-13 15:04:54

We get unlimited now too, went over the BT allowance a couple of times (COD also but not me!) and now we use netflix which eats it, so Sky unlimited worked out cheapest deal for us at the time smile

Just got back from MW, OH came too so a lovely birthday gift for him to hear the heartbeat grin although he then spoiled it by likening it to a tractor engine, bloody men!! hmm

baby is getting into some weird positions today, at one point it felt like it was stretched out vertically with a bit poking me under my boob and another bit wedged in my groin, ouch, very uncomfortable today!!

Christelle2207 Wed 27-Feb-13 16:04:26

pennyapple pleased I'm not the only one. Still no (definite) movements at 17+5 though do get twinges which get me wondering. Again quite a decent bump which seems to be getting bigger according to dh (funny, that). Looking forward to mw appointment on friday when hopefully will hear his hb again.

MrsPennyapple Wed 27-Feb-13 16:18:57

Foof your post made me laugh, that's the sort of thing DP would say. When I was pg with DD, the first question he asked me was "do women produce colostrum like sheep and cows?"

Christelle I thought I had felt tiny movements a couple of weeks ago, but nothing since, so I guess I was mistaken. (The alternative is something I don't want to consider.)

Isisizzie Wed 27-Feb-13 16:46:23

I've had no movements yet either. 17+2 MW said when listening to heartbeat last week said 'it was a very happy baby in there' so trying not to worry to much yet. It's my first so know it can take longer to feel.

Stopsittingonyoursister Wed 27-Feb-13 23:52:36

foof when I had my 16 week appt, the student midwife kept telling me she'd got the heartbeat and I had to tell her that was definitely my beat - I remember how fast the baby's was compared to mine! Poor girl - she couldn' find the heartbeat at all, although I could feel baby kicking at the doppler so I wasn't worried, but the minute the midwife came over, she just stuck the doppler on and got it straight away - typical!!

DH is away tonight at the Sunday Time Best Small Company awards - the company he works for was 51st on the top 100 list and they've won something again this year but not sure what until they get down there. All very exciting, he's been sending me pics of all the celebs he's spotted! He also rang me earlier to tell me that his hotel room has an en suite as big as our bedroom and a jacuzzi bath, not what I needed to hear when wrangling two tired kids into the bath!! Next year, I'm going to ask for an invite!!

Also had the decorator round yesterday to give me a quote on doing the nursery (currently a box room with wood chip on the walls from the previous owners of the house). Not going to get anything booked in until I've had my scan on the 14th, but was hoping that DH can get some time off work over Easter and clear the room, and then get the decorator in after that so all the new paint smell has time to clear. Although realistically the baby will be in with us for the first few months, so I have plenty of time! Did I mention before that I like to be organised!

Other exciting news is that I have decided on my plans for my mat leave. I work (very) part time, but have given notice today that my last official day at work will be the 28th July, but with holiday entitlement added on top, my last day in the office will be 2nd July. I am now officially on count down to finishing work woo hoo!! And the best bit is that I am not due to return until 28th July 2014! 2014!! I love mat leave....

Hope you feel better soon Gary and they get you on the right anti-bs.

ruck what your gran says is true! we bought so much stuff for DS as he was our first (we were clueless), I was embarrassed when we had DD that we were getting newborn clothes out of the loft that still had the price labels attached to them. I remember having a pile of about 30 newborn sized babygrows, and you could tell only the top 10 or so had ever been worn, the rest were still pristine white!

FoofFighter Wed 27-Feb-13 23:53:58

MrsPennyapple, I felt it a lot then nothing for a week, then a little bit, then nothing again for a while then lots again, it's all down to where they've squirrelled themselves away and what position they are in smile

I had a very interesting conversation with a chef at work about horse milk - apparently it's the nearest thing to human breastmilk, fancy that... confused

Popped back on here to see if you were all still chatting - I agree it's easier to 'converse' on MN than FB. Just tried to catch up on all the posts and made a note to hit TKMAXX after 20 week scan grin
The bean isn't wriggly like it used to be, hoping all is ok in there confused
18+2

FoofFighter Thu 28-Feb-13 12:08:44

PFE - wouldn't worry honestly, they shift position so so much.

take yesterday for me - it was bloody uncomfortable the way it was lying, it felt like I was 3/5 engaged for goodness sakes! And I had a huge bump too. It was really really really sore at times and I could barely stand up.
Today - barely a bump and no horrid postioning!

MrsPennyapple Thu 28-Feb-13 12:41:06

Logically I know it's likely that everything is ok, I am just jealous really, of those feeling movements.

Saw an acquaintance today who is pg, I thought she must be about 5 months gone, turns out she's only 1.5 weeks ahead of me! I've got a little bump, but depending on what I wear, it's not obvious whether it's baby or cake related. I confirmed some suspicions today smile

DD has come down with a streaming cold overnight, she's a snot machine right now, it's delightful. She's cheerful enough though, so that's something to be thankful for.

17+3.

FoofFighter Thu 28-Feb-13 13:24:04

I was reading a pregnancy week by week thing, apparently betwen 16 and 20 the baby will double in size, so I think it's not long before we get a decent sized bump, I for one cannot wait!

Hello, I find it easier to keep track of things here too smile

I'm really glad to be home. I spent about an HOUR last night watching my little acrobat do handsprings and cartwheels in my tummy, and chatting away to it. I definitely have a bump, but I think this is so obvious because of the weight loss due to hyperemesis. Apparently I am 6kg down from my booking in appointment. Trying to keep positive, but worried that I am going to end up looking weird. Even now I guess I could best be described as "just boobs and bump".

Lots to keep me going, even though I am still off work. Lawyers have sent out the statements of assets forms, so I have completed that, but need to get together the relevant paperwork. Then I have the fun of finding lodgers to let a couple of rooms to so I can still pay the mortgage once STBXH has left, which is intended to be by the end of this month.

Midwives have referred me for some extra support which I am sure will help, and also to a charity called HomeStart. They are being very kind which is good as I am pretty teary a lot of the time. Anyway, step by step and I'll get myself moving onwards and upwards. Still no respite from the vomiting though, my focus is now on getting to 20 weeks which is less than a fortnight away. Apparently the hyperemesis may well ease off a bit then, so I am obviously hoping for that

18 + 2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now