Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

August 2013 Part 3 - Adventures in the second trimester!

(989 Posts)
FoofFighter Wed 06-Feb-13 17:46:22
Abilee90 Wed 06-Feb-13 23:45:49

Feeling very unloved tonight sad dh been in a terrible mood, basically ignored me and slept the whole time since dd went to bed sad really down.
Kidney infection still hasnt cleared and now my heart condition is playing up sad just tops horrible evening off. So now sulking in bed with my two teddys to cuddle, listening to dd breathing.

Sorry ladies just needed a rant
Xx

Chuckaluck Thu 07-Feb-13 06:19:10

Hi all, just stamping my place on the new thread. Have been reading but not posted for a while.

Oxford great news for you. Am so pleased for you.

On the maternity leave, I work in HR so company cannot force a decision out of you until at least 25 weeks so don't let her bully you! HR will know that so see them if your boss won't let it drop. When you return you have to give 8 weeks notice and if you are off sick due to pregnancy 4 weeks before due date then they can start your maternity leave early.

For any Isabella Oliver fans, I made an order and they sent me a discount code to share with friends. It's 15% off so shop away! Code is LOYAL 15 and it's valid until end of Feb.

Hormones have definately kicked in here. Feeling a mixture of energetic and happy and useless and depressed. DH thinks I am a mad women, wants to make me feel better but really doesn't know what to do with himself! It's quite sweet really but annoying! On the plus side, skin is a lot better and pretty sure I felt baby move for first time yesterday. It was such a strange sensation, like someone tapping very gently on my stomach from the inside. Felt lovely but strange!

Yvonney Thu 07-Feb-13 07:28:12

Abilee - sorry your having such a crap time, sending hugs x

I had to quickly share my dream before I get ready for work. All my teeth were falling out!!! My front teeth stayed in but all the back ones were just dropping out, I was walking round with a handful of teeth! Classic anxiety dream or what!? grin I was so relieved when I woke up! smile
Have a good day everyone x

Abi sorry to hear you had a shitty evening. Hope you had a good sleep and are feeling better.
Sending feel better vibes to all of you still feeling grotty thanksthanks
I'm feeling decidedly better this week and now 15+2 so hoping the next couple of months will be better. I'm off on hols 2 weeks tomorrow and REALLY want to feel healthy(ish) for that!!

Abi sorry to hear you had a shitty evening. Hope you had a good sleep and are feeling better.
Sending feel better vibes to all of you still feeling grotty thanksthanks
I'm feeling decidedly better this week and now 15+2 so hoping the next couple of months will be better. I'm off on hols 2 weeks tomorrow and REALLY want to feel healthy(ish) for that!!

hello ladies on our new thread!!

enjoy the holiday remembering

yvonney - i had a dream about labour last night lol another classic anxiety one! in good news i had a small baby, only took a few pushes (ha ha as if!) and it was a girl. hee!

chuck - thanks for the isabella oliver code!

abi - sorry you've been having a tough time sad

After vomity night on Monday, needing day off work on Tues, yesterday was pretty good, even managed to meet a friend for a coffee last night. Today, however, have woken up loaded with a horrible head cold. Wish I could have a lemsip with a slug of whiskey in it and go back to bed. Gah!! Not sure DS would enjoy a long morning nap tho, esp as he's currently piling all his toys around me where i'm lying on sofa grin

Christelle2207 Thu 07-Feb-13 08:36:33

Ditsy I think your boss needs to bugger off. Completely unreasonable.

Chocolate thanks so much for suggesting funmum. I am very tall and thought longer length maternity trousers didn't exist.

re. nappies I have no idea - dh and I are adamant that we want to give cloth nappies a go but naively i never thought of the drying issue - dh is vehemently against getting a tumble. Guess we need to look into these things properly at some point. Seems a complete minefield to me.

is it normal to be 15 weeks and still not feel anything?

snowshine I feel your pain, had this shitty cold now for over a week am getting better but s l o w l y. DH now also has it so there's two miserable people in the house. Spoke to doc yesterday and he confirmed that absolutely no kind of decongestant is considered safe. Great.

RugBugs Thu 07-Feb-13 08:40:33

Sorry to hear you had a shitty evening Abi

Colds are a bitch when you can't take the good stuff for them LittleMiss, I've been drinking lots and water with honey and lemon and sniffing at DD's vaporubbed chest!

Hope you get to see baby wriggling lots at your scan Dave

Christelle2207 Thu 07-Feb-13 08:51:35

what's the general vibe on here re nct? About to book myself on, they're claiming "limited availability" for the course I want.

JollyRedGiant Thu 07-Feb-13 08:56:03

My last pg I posted on here at 17+6 saying I still wasn't 100% sure I was feeling movement smile

christelle my MW said yesterday with 1st DC it's ok up to 22 weeks not to feel anything. I was a bit shock

JollyRedGiant Thu 07-Feb-13 09:14:17

Also, if you happen to have an anterior placenta you will feel much less.

beckie90 Thu 07-Feb-13 09:30:38

food thanks for new thread :D

I can't see no nub I don't think on mine, but there is abit poking out near the bottom which looks more or less connected to the spine but its not highlighted on mine, looks faint so not sure sad

Currently sat eating porridge with fresh strawberrys and rasberrys a can say its super nice and will be having this all the time now.

abi hope your ok sad can sympathise on the OH part, mine still very distant since been preg, he sleeps in the spare bed lol. Hope your feeling better

13+5

Abilee90 Thu 07-Feb-13 09:31:09

Thanks ladies for support was very annoyed last night.
My dd gave me big cuddles in bed this morning and made it feel better. Kids always know what is best.

Hope all you ladies aint well, feel better soon.
Xxx

DaveMccave Thu 07-Feb-13 09:31:15

stopsitting totally understand why you didn't like them if you stuck with them, did you have the really bulky fluffle type too? I hated bulky nappies on dd, and usually only use 2 parters like that at night. Fortunately there are lots of very slim less bulky quicker drying popper nappies (or Velcro with fold over laundry tabs) on the market but there are so many I can see why it's daunting and why you gave up. Best advice I can give anyone cloth nappy wise is DONT buy a pack of all the same brand. By a variety so you know what you like and for different times of day. What suits a newborn won't suit an older baby, what suits a chubby baby is different to a skint one etc anyone wants to pm me their preferences in a nappy so I can make some brand suggestions that Would suit them I'm happy to offer advice. Just let me know if you would tumble or air dry, if you care about bulkiness, if you prefer super reliable or super cute etc I can also send you in the direction of second hand nappy classifieds which are the fraction of the retail price and mean you can try all sorts of brands.

beckie90 Thu 07-Feb-13 09:31:51

Arghh the phone and stupid predictivity. CORRECTION foof

P.s good luck to those having scans today xxx

DaveMccave Thu 07-Feb-13 09:33:23

Glad you're feeling better abi

Very nervous for the scan now! Hour and a half! I'm waiting till the last minute to drink lots as I don't want it to be ruined by me being so desperate for a wee!

Abilee90 Thu 07-Feb-13 09:33:44

Becki my mr sleeps on sofa. This wasnt planned but its a blessing and he keeps using the excuse that hes getting use to it. We have known for 9 weeks surely thats enough. Making me feel terrible sad

Xxxx

Abilee90 Thu 07-Feb-13 09:34:58

Dave good luck with scan
Xxx

beckie90 Thu 07-Feb-13 10:12:58

Was a shock to us too, I'd had the coil taken out and was using the app fertility friend to work my way round cycles so I didn't fall preg just yet, 2 months it worked fine, the 3rd however my ovulation changed from day 13/14 to day 17 I already thought I'd ovulated so thought I was safe. He was not happy at all. In last week he seems abit better but still goes on about life how now these are growing up and we have to do it again, my reply is simple...thats life. But it does make you feel so shitty, especially how he wanted a baby I was the one that wasn't sure, then soon as it happens can't handle it. Sure he will come round soon hun. Nothing much he can really do about it is there. Everything in life happens for a reason smile chin up.

dave good luck you will be fine, I did that too just drank it on way there.

sad post just come still no results. Sooo impatient xx

RugBugs Thu 07-Feb-13 10:17:24

I guess girl from your scan Beckie, I think the pair of white lines near the rump are the nub and they are pretty parallel to bottom of spine. Baby looks to have a tall forehead too, boys are meant to have more sloping foreheads (I think the skull theory has been more or less discounted though) it's quite fun to guess.

Abilee90 Thu 07-Feb-13 10:20:51

becki my dh is basically blaming me for this happening. I was on the pill, i was put on some strong medication that cancelled pill out and i was never warned by consultant. Dh is just being male but its upsetting. I wasnt planning on having another yet as dd will only be 20 months but its happening. I love being a mum and cant wait. He being so distant and i hate it. Yesterday dd went to bed at 7:30 so i jumped in bath, i got out and he was asleep. He stayed that way til 11 and i said i'm going to bed. Yh i know he works hard but still isnt fair, i need to talk and get stuff of my chest. He had the hump because i made him go asda but still didnt deserve that. Rant over sorry
Xxx

beckie90 Thu 07-Feb-13 10:36:26

abi don't say sorry, you need somewere to vent. Men there pretty typical. Thats not your fault at all. Plus no matter what it takes 2 to make a baby. Thats what I tell my OH he says yea but I didnt know you was ovulating, lol. How old is your dp if you don't mind me asking?

rugs I read about the head one, strangely this one does have a different forhead to my boys scan, but I've also seen a few girl scans with flattish forheads. Il post a pik of my ds2 scan pik in a second, they are different xx

beckie90 Thu 07-Feb-13 10:46:30

Put ds2 scan pik up, its a little smaller they never zoomed in on it xx

GaryBuseysTeeth Thu 07-Feb-13 11:03:00

Abi, hope he comes round to it soon, we're going to have the same age gap! x

Just back from the scan & all went well, it refused to cooperate with having its NT taken so that took about 5 minutes (5 mins of me thinking 'aaaaahhh! problems!'), didn't get to see any nub as it wouldn't keep still.
Tesco have baby vests for £1.50 atm, doubt they're any good for longterm but it was our 'hurrah! we might have another baby soon!' purchase.

Will post later, DS grumpy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now