Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

The PESH are rooting for a cluster-diff! Over 3 years of hard fought baybee wins.

(1000 Posts)
HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 04-Feb-13 22:59:16

The Not-list:

BESH BAYBEES

dontrythisathome, girl born March 25 2010.
Cheggers, twinz girlz, born April 2010.
FannyPriceless, boy, born June 8 2010.
CurlyCasper, girl, born June 24 2010.
CUNextTuesday, boy, born June 29 2010.
AlpinePony, boy, born 1 July 2010.
Carrots, boy, born July 2010.
IggyPiggy, girl, born July 2010.
Cosmosis, boy, born Sept 5 2010.
Backinthebox, boy, born Sept 7 2010.
Skatergrrrl, girl, born Sept 10 2010.
VAG, boy, born Oct 2 2010.
Silversky, boy, born Nov 1 2010.
SomethingSuitablyWitty, girl born Nov 2 2010.
Honeymoo, boy, born Nov 11 2010.
okiecokie, girl, born Nov 12 2010.
ReginaMonologue, boy, born Nov 13 2010.
Lightspaperstandback, boy, born Nov 14 2010.
Maswera, boy, born Dec 24 2010.
PollyPoo, girl, born Jan 5 2011.
MrsFC, boy, born Jan 7 2011.
ChoChoSan, girl, born 6 Feb 2011.
Ginhag, boy born 11 Feb 2011.
Muser, girl, born 15 Feb 2011.
CluckyKate, boy, born 18 Feb 2011.
Perfect Dromedary, boy, born 23rd February 2011.
Casserole, girl, born 19th March 2011.
Medee, girl, born 26th March 2011.
StiffyByng, girl, born 17th May 2011.
Scorpette, boy, born 21st May 2011.
Rocketleaf, girl, born 23rd May 2011.
TwinkleToes, girl, born 7th June 2011.
Laurielou, boy, born 9th June 2011.
Orchid, girl, born 24th June 2011.
Ginfox, loving the new mega-boobs, due 12th July.
LadyGoneGaga, girl, born 24 July 2011.
Mrbitey, boy, born 29th July 2011.
Macaroonmum, boy, born 28th July 2011.
Owlbooty, boy, born 18th August 2011.
Ocarina, girl, born 6th September 2011.
Mountie, boy, born 27th August 2011.
Truffkin, boy, born 25th November 2011.
Islegrin, boy, born 14th December 2011.
Barbiesbeaver, girl, born 6th January 2012.
BrownB, girl, 2nd February 2012.
Alpinepony, ?13th February 2012.
KatandKit, boy, born 13th April 2012.

blonderthanred, boy, born 26th October 2012.
FriendofDorothy, boy, born 14th December 2012.
QueenRollo, boy, born 21st January 2013.

Need dates:

Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales
cakeandcava approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12

LazyMachine (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), getting rather rotund, DC1 EDD 23/4/13
fertilityFTW (34), weepy and whiny, DC 1 EDD 21/5/13
bluer, (33), peeing and puking, DC1 due 22/08/2013

Welcome to our new home! Right, time to get that baybee out lazy!

FriendofDorothy Mon 13-May-13 05:28:03

Oh I really want to know what you have named her. Please PM me!

MsJupiterJones Mon 13-May-13 06:32:57

Ooh me too me too!

HadALittleFaithBaby Mon 13-May-13 09:24:34

Me 3 smile

JethroTull Mon 13-May-13 14:47:20

20 week scan this morning - a perfect little wriggly baybee!

FriendofDorothy Mon 13-May-13 16:05:52

Lovely :D

fertilityFTW Mon 13-May-13 17:33:52

Fun! So hard to imagine that wriggly baybee on screen will become actual little person soon!

MsJupiterJones Mon 13-May-13 18:03:42

Wonderful, Jeff. It's a good feeling isn't it!

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 14-May-13 08:17:20

Wonderful news jeffers! I found the more she moved, the more real the prospect of having a baybee seemed.

Hope your first night was ok fertility!

fertilityFTW Tue 14-May-13 09:22:06

Second night last night. So far so good - haven't slept too much but still in high spirits! A bit sore and achey around Scar Central as I can't seem to master the rolling comfortably out of bed trick.

Boobage is still pretty engorged - realised I needed to wake her more regularly and get her on the tap or I'll explode. MW said she'd send over a breast feeding counselor type person today to observe and have a chat - I'm happy to get all the help that's out there!

Think my sense of smell is coming back a bit - caught a definite whiff of poo during last night's diaper changes - it was hard to contain my delight! GB was definitely a bit hmm

fertilityFTW Thu 16-May-13 15:33:08

<yawn!> BabyFTW has decided to feed on the hour, every hour and follow it up with a three-part diaper trick where she waits for a new diaper three times in a row for maximum impact poos/wees. Boobs feel a tad better though - but not by as much as I'd hope!

Tell me tales of wonderful sleeps folks - how fare the PESHlets?

MsJupiterJones Thu 16-May-13 18:03:14

Hi FFTW. Er... yeah babies all sleep through by 6 weeks... don't worry... <cough> <collapses with exhaustion>

Best advice I had is not to fight it, just accept it will be like this for a while and work round it accordingly, make sure you nap when you can. And weirdly you will miss those hours of being snuggled up with her!

The getting out of bed thing is a killer isn't it. Gently does it. Once the stitches are out it's so much easier.

FriendofDorothy Thu 16-May-13 19:08:01

Yeah, of course they sleep through! ;)

I found learning to feed lying down a lifesaver (think that may have been when he was a bit bigger tho.) and co-sleeping for about half the night helped.

HadALittleFaithBaby Thu 16-May-13 19:51:44

Only 1 week 2 days to go then! wink

I find feeding lying down very helpful at settling her down but not good in the night! I lose the plot and she can be harder to settle. I find it easier to put a dim light on, sit up, feed, then settle her again. We did co-sleep for the first hour last night because I just knew she wouldn't settle in her Moses basket.

ftw are you taking regular painkillers? Only thing that kept me moving!

fertilityFTW Fri 17-May-13 04:01:51

Done with the ibuprofen they gave me - still have some of the splendid co-codamol remaining. A bit TMI here, but I experienced my first bout of constipation yesterday and am totally traumatised hmm - time to break out the lactulose!

Breast feeding counsellor was lovely - advised the hot flannel/bit of expression trick prior to feeds - it really has helped ease the pain. She suggested we could even freeze some of the expressed milk in ice cube trays and use it later to mash together with bananas/avocados etc. when it came to weaning time, which I thought was a good idea. Will discard initially I think and then start freezing some closer to weaning time.

I love feeding lying down - but I keep twisting myself badly getting in and out of bed somehow - just never been graceful (or coordinated!) - and combined with yesterday's straining blush - I can feel each stitch hurt. Ugh.

Though the best painkiller in the word is undoubtedly the one starting to stir right now - best go have a cuddle - such a hard life! grin

HadALittleFaithBaby Fri 17-May-13 08:55:05

Sounds like you're getting on well ftw! We didn't get the feeding lying down cracked til about 3 weeks. I'd recommend a daily probiotic along with the lactulose for your bowels and drink, drink, drink! Bf leaves you dehydrated!

We had a good night smile only woke for feeds 3 times and slept from 9.30-1.30! Wish me luck, we're off to the supermarket today confused

fertilityFTW Fri 17-May-13 13:53:34

Ooh, I didn't know about the probiotic - will add to grocery list! Really need to get the diet in order - GB means well but since my pre-cooked food ran out I keep getting handed the odd croissant with a slice of cheese as a mid-day meal confused. Will do some cooking today - though have been overdoing it and the middle is pretty sore now - just can't help it, so much needs doing and no one can see it!
I hear you on the dehydration. DM has refilled a bunch of water bottles and stuck them in the fridge - which is awesome.
9:30 to 1:30 sounds glorious! <sighs and dreams about that distant future>
I am a bit worried about pulling her across out of her bedside crib to feed at night because I found myself falling asleep in the middle of writing a sentence the other day! I've been a bit scared since - and make sure she's back in her crib asap!
Hope all went well at the supermarket!

HadALittleFaithBaby Fri 17-May-13 14:04:15

Speaking of supermarkets, ye Gods, do it online. Not like me some numpties who think they can do a big shop with baby in tow. It took forever, spent a fortune and now we have a knackered Mum and had s soggy, hungry baby. She's scoffing now having been changed. Only the freezer stuff has been unpacked! Never again for a few months

FriendofDorothy Fri 17-May-13 14:26:49

When The Little Mister was little I ended up with a horrendous headache all because I was terribly dehydrated Was horrid.

fertilityFTW Fri 17-May-13 14:31:22

GB was trying to tempt me into taking BabyFTW out by waving a Waitrose expedition around. Hearing that am glad I resisted the temptation - (and ordered off Ocado instead ;) )

Dor, I felt I was doing so well with the water/nutritional intake during the pregnancy and suddenly it's all fallen by the wayside. Really need to get it under control soon - a dehydration induced headache doesn't sound good, and am sure the lack of proper nutrients will show in the quality of the breastmilk for bubs.

FriendofDorothy Fri 17-May-13 15:37:23

Eat cake !

HadALittleFaithBaby Fri 17-May-13 15:42:10

I am addicted to Tesco GF triple choc chip cookies.

Actually research suggests what you eat doesn't have an impact on the quality of your milk. However it does impact on your energy levels and mood so eat! D'you know BF burns up to 600 calories a day? which I am making up for in cookies

MsJupiterJones Fri 17-May-13 17:25:49

My understanding is that food intake has no impact on the quality of bm although my HVs claimed otherwise and kept telling me to eat more. I am blaming them for me now being heavier than I was when pg. although I didn't take much encouraging

I did however notice how much easier bf was when I drank plenty of water and I felt a lot better so have it ready anywhere you are likely to bf. I kept a bottle tucked in the corner of the bednest to drink at night.

I hear you on the worry about dozing off, I found it so hard and a few times I did wake up with a start and realise I had fallen asleep in a chair with L. Which scared me so much I've been paranoid about it ever since. In fact last night was the first night we did proper co-sleeping, he wouldn't re-settle in the bednest after feeding so I found a safe position and we got a few more hours' sleep (until I woke up with a dead arm!)

Sounds like you are doing brilliantly and Faith you too. I have never mastered feeding lying down!

HadALittleFaithBaby Fri 17-May-13 17:44:27

Oh yes the dead arm! I think Faithlet gets a bit of reflux - she's prone to puking, especially if she's laid down quickly, gets hiccoughs, so I can't drop her head too quickly in bed. She's fine propped on my arm!

I'm waiting for the electric pump I ordered to come through in the next few days - can't wait for it to come because the hand pumping is wearing me out! Only got about 70ml off today...

jeffers how are you feeling since your scan?

pink you ok? You realise you're next?!

FriendofDorothy Fri 17-May-13 18:25:14

I am bloody pissed off. Off on holiday tomorrow and I have a rapidly arriving cold.

pinkr Fri 17-May-13 20:10:21

Crikey so I am! Doing fine...had our first antenatal class and felt like a right old fogey...ask the other couples were under 23 so I have a good years on them! ! I was also the last pregnant apart from one Lassie at 22 Weeks and I was def the biggest...ah to be young, 33 Weeks and still in skinny Jeans envy
Glad everyone else is enjoying baby cuddles!

This thread is not accepting new messages.