Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The PESH are rooting for a cluster-diff! Over 3 years of hard fought baybee wins.

(1000 Posts)
HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 04-Feb-13 22:59:16

The Not-list:

BESH BAYBEES

dontrythisathome, girl born March 25 2010.
Cheggers, twinz girlz, born April 2010.
FannyPriceless, boy, born June 8 2010.
CurlyCasper, girl, born June 24 2010.
CUNextTuesday, boy, born June 29 2010.
AlpinePony, boy, born 1 July 2010.
Carrots, boy, born July 2010.
IggyPiggy, girl, born July 2010.
Cosmosis, boy, born Sept 5 2010.
Backinthebox, boy, born Sept 7 2010.
Skatergrrrl, girl, born Sept 10 2010.
VAG, boy, born Oct 2 2010.
Silversky, boy, born Nov 1 2010.
SomethingSuitablyWitty, girl born Nov 2 2010.
Honeymoo, boy, born Nov 11 2010.
okiecokie, girl, born Nov 12 2010.
ReginaMonologue, boy, born Nov 13 2010.
Lightspaperstandback, boy, born Nov 14 2010.
Maswera, boy, born Dec 24 2010.
PollyPoo, girl, born Jan 5 2011.
MrsFC, boy, born Jan 7 2011.
ChoChoSan, girl, born 6 Feb 2011.
Ginhag, boy born 11 Feb 2011.
Muser, girl, born 15 Feb 2011.
CluckyKate, boy, born 18 Feb 2011.
Perfect Dromedary, boy, born 23rd February 2011.
Casserole, girl, born 19th March 2011.
Medee, girl, born 26th March 2011.
StiffyByng, girl, born 17th May 2011.
Scorpette, boy, born 21st May 2011.
Rocketleaf, girl, born 23rd May 2011.
TwinkleToes, girl, born 7th June 2011.
Laurielou, boy, born 9th June 2011.
Orchid, girl, born 24th June 2011.
Ginfox, loving the new mega-boobs, due 12th July.
LadyGoneGaga, girl, born 24 July 2011.
Mrbitey, boy, born 29th July 2011.
Macaroonmum, boy, born 28th July 2011.
Owlbooty, boy, born 18th August 2011.
Ocarina, girl, born 6th September 2011.
Mountie, boy, born 27th August 2011.
Truffkin, boy, born 25th November 2011.
Islegrin, boy, born 14th December 2011.
Barbiesbeaver, girl, born 6th January 2012.
BrownB, girl, 2nd February 2012.
Alpinepony, ?13th February 2012.
KatandKit, boy, born 13th April 2012.

blonderthanred, boy, born 26th October 2012.
FriendofDorothy, boy, born 14th December 2012.
QueenRollo, boy, born 21st January 2013.

Need dates:

Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales
cakeandcava approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12

LazyMachine (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), getting rather rotund, DC1 EDD 23/4/13
fertilityFTW (34), weepy and whiny, DC 1 EDD 21/5/13
bluer, (33), peeing and puking, DC1 due 22/08/2013

Welcome to our new home! Right, time to get that baybee out lazy!

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Mon 11-Feb-13 17:59:47

Pst Can we just discuss the hair dye thing? Due to get mine done on Saturday and normally have shit loads of bleach put in. Blonde you see.

bluer Mon 11-Feb-13 20:02:34

Welcome bugs!! I think the hair dye is fine...I decided to wait till 12 Weeks just in case but all the girls at work have it done and they're all fine grin

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 11-Feb-13 20:12:36

Woo hoo! Too right there's room bugs. This time, it will be different. lazy is your example of how it can be and now she has a snuffly baybee.

How friendly are you with the hairdresser? I would tell mine re diffedness in advance - confidentially. The only real ishoo is it can mean the colour takes better and goes too bright!

I am still itchy, worse at night, so will see if I can get an appt before work tomorrow - would you ask for MW or doc though?

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Mon 11-Feb-13 20:15:14

Thanks for the advice faith - I've known her 10 years and she knows about the 2 x mc's so I'll text her tomorrow and pre warn her.

The biggest difference to last time is that I got the BFP, although faint around 11/12dpo so before droid was even late.

JethroTull Mon 11-Feb-13 20:26:35

My SiL is my hairdresser. She said she would just comb the colour through rather than slap it straight on my roots.

I POAS again tonight. It was a digi one and I got a week further on result than last time. I'm still petrified. I almost feel like a fraud at the moment.

FriendofDorothy Mon 11-Feb-13 20:51:42

I'd go for the doc faithy.

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Mon 11-Feb-13 21:03:40

jeff GP has hidden my sticks. I asked him to. The bastard.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 11-Feb-13 21:26:44

Yeah, dor I think it'll be easier to get an appointment and possibly cream if I need it. Suspect they may do bloods too.

bugs it's probsbly a fair plan but I tested pretty much daily to start with. Excellent news that the piss sticks are getting darker. I took photos of my sticks. MSB said it was yucky to keep the sticks in the bathroom where I had my collection hmm

Well done jeff, great about the digital stick. I was scared I'd be exposed as a fraud at my 12 week scan! Like ha, you're not diffed! It's only now my belly is undeniable and not only can I feel Pickle kicking but you can feel (and even see it!) from the outside that it really seems real.

JethroTull Mon 11-Feb-13 22:15:36

How many weeks are you now Faith?

Bugs I've convinced myself for now that there's no point in using any more sticks. I wanted to do the digi one to see the weeks increase but that's it now. 2 more weeks until our early scan.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 11-Feb-13 22:29:14

I am 30 tomorrow shock 3/4 of the way there...

I still have one pee stick in the house that I found restraint and did not use. I only did one digi. I think they are too inaccurate and expensive to keep using as a gauge of increase of hcg and I didn't want the head f**k.

FriendofDorothy Mon 11-Feb-13 22:42:10

I have kept my collection of piss sticks. Think they might go in the bin at the weekend when we clear the bedroom ANC moved into our house!

bluer Tue 12-Feb-13 06:52:28

I've kept the two positive ones I got...but the lines were very faint and now I can barely see them!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 12-Feb-13 08:03:14

I added my photos to my 'What to expect' photo diary before I starting taking weeks pics of my diffed self.

Itching woke me up in the night confused Very unpleasant. Will GP when they open at 8.30.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 12-Feb-13 08:52:55

Jeepers, 20 minutes trying to get through and can only get an appointment at the end of surgery so might have to wait/be late for work. Bloody ridiculous! You'd think they'd sort the system out better....hmm

LazyMachine Tue 12-Feb-13 09:52:26

We're here! LazyBoy is currently milk-drunk and snoozing across me. Mmmmmmmmmm...so so yummy.

I can't tell you how happy I am to see you here Bugsy and Jefe.

Re. the hair dye - it's fine nowadays. Even the overly cautious NHS website okays it. Things have changed in the hair dye world and there have been vast improvements in the chemicals being used. Anyway, in the studies that have shown any significant rise in pregnancy loss it's only been people who have prolonged exposure to the chemicals - the hair colourists themselves. But even then, the 'significant rise' is somewhat questionable.

Re. food. This time round I ate what I wanted (except Brie, but had a whole slab of it last night to make up for it!), I drank wine and Guinness on a regular basis (several glasses pints per week), and I took hot baths. And LazyBoy seems just fine so far!

LazyMachine Tue 12-Feb-13 09:55:26

I've still got my very large cache of positive piss sticks, too. (As well as the 6-7 OV sticks that I randomly continued to wee on well into my third trimester!!!!)

blush

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Tue 12-Feb-13 17:30:59

Blue its reassuring the hear that yours were so faint. The ones I did were IC's and superdrug own brand. The line on the IC's were almost invisible. The lines on the Sdrug ones clearer but still really faint. I haven't done any more since and will try to avoid doing any at all. I'm quite terrified of them tbh.

bluer Tue 12-Feb-13 18:55:29

We had the whole is it a line? Discussion...first we thought it might be, tried another and there want and then got a faint line the next day. I think once you get a positives you should stop testing...one friend of mine did and worried herself crazy as to getting darker or not etc. I think you just have to have faith that it's there. Same reason i'm not buying a doppler...I know I'd drive myself crazy if I couldn't find the heartbeat etc.
Congratulations lazy!
faith poor you...our surgery usually sees you the morning you call .. The benefit of being rural!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 12-Feb-13 20:36:28

Finally saw GP after a 20 minute wait! hmm Essentially it's heat rash. Prescribed me cream which I need to collect. I put some Oilatum on at work and that was better.

On a positive note, I'm coping much better at work on the short shifts, physically and stress wise so I'm really glad I made the change smile

IIRC lazy once described Internet cheapies as the work of the devil. I do believe (in retrospect) that after a couple of tests to confirm, you simply have to trust that you are diffed unless shown otherwise.

bugs will they offer you an early scan? How do you feel about that? I know last time it was less than reassuring sad

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Wed 13-Feb-13 11:15:56

Yes I've got one at ACU to check whether its a multiple due to clomid. At the moment I feel fine about this but Will probably be a wreck the nearer it gets. Its 2 weeks today at 9am.

I know from my past experience that no amount of sticks or boobie prodding Will change anything. If it sticks it sticks.

I feel more in control each day and slightly more relaxed about it all.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 13-Feb-13 11:23:27

Well every day is a step forward, isn't it bugs? As of now, you are diffed.

Eurgh. I am office based today. Meant to be picking up a project I was doing in my old role once a fortnight. Fine when I was asked back in December but I've only got 6 weeks left at work so finding myself wondering what the ruddy point is?! I thought being on the ward was tough but sitting at a desk just means the time is dragging.....think I need proper food. I've just crunched sugar lumps to keep me going (despite eating some chocolate and a packet of crisps already! Goodness knows how I'm still only 8-9lb heavier than when I got diffed?!) grin

FriendofDorothy Wed 13-Feb-13 11:47:19

I'm just about to book The Little Mister in for swimming lessons. Time is seriously shifting on!

I only threw out my piss sticks when I had to move my bedside table to make room for the cot.

I had a look at the CRESH thread but it's been pretty deserted for over a year. So hopefully us graduates will still be welcome here even though it's going to be full to bursting with newly diffed ESH.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 13-Feb-13 18:48:34

D'you reckon that's a sign of a long term TTC-Er?!

I reckon the lack of CRESH postage is due to the group in t'other place but I quite like the idea of reigniting the CRESH on here because I don't know that many of them over there...

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 14-Feb-13 09:38:32

Well the cream definitely helped and I slept much better last night smile except for when the baby woke and was kicking me, in the night! Cheeky monkey!

This thread is not accepting new messages.