Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

The PESH are rooting for a cluster-diff! Over 3 years of hard fought baybee wins.

(1000 Posts)
HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 04-Feb-13 22:59:16

The Not-list:

BESH BAYBEES

dontrythisathome, girl born March 25 2010.
Cheggers, twinz girlz, born April 2010.
FannyPriceless, boy, born June 8 2010.
CurlyCasper, girl, born June 24 2010.
CUNextTuesday, boy, born June 29 2010.
AlpinePony, boy, born 1 July 2010.
Carrots, boy, born July 2010.
IggyPiggy, girl, born July 2010.
Cosmosis, boy, born Sept 5 2010.
Backinthebox, boy, born Sept 7 2010.
Skatergrrrl, girl, born Sept 10 2010.
VAG, boy, born Oct 2 2010.
Silversky, boy, born Nov 1 2010.
SomethingSuitablyWitty, girl born Nov 2 2010.
Honeymoo, boy, born Nov 11 2010.
okiecokie, girl, born Nov 12 2010.
ReginaMonologue, boy, born Nov 13 2010.
Lightspaperstandback, boy, born Nov 14 2010.
Maswera, boy, born Dec 24 2010.
PollyPoo, girl, born Jan 5 2011.
MrsFC, boy, born Jan 7 2011.
ChoChoSan, girl, born 6 Feb 2011.
Ginhag, boy born 11 Feb 2011.
Muser, girl, born 15 Feb 2011.
CluckyKate, boy, born 18 Feb 2011.
Perfect Dromedary, boy, born 23rd February 2011.
Casserole, girl, born 19th March 2011.
Medee, girl, born 26th March 2011.
StiffyByng, girl, born 17th May 2011.
Scorpette, boy, born 21st May 2011.
Rocketleaf, girl, born 23rd May 2011.
TwinkleToes, girl, born 7th June 2011.
Laurielou, boy, born 9th June 2011.
Orchid, girl, born 24th June 2011.
Ginfox, loving the new mega-boobs, due 12th July.
LadyGoneGaga, girl, born 24 July 2011.
Mrbitey, boy, born 29th July 2011.
Macaroonmum, boy, born 28th July 2011.
Owlbooty, boy, born 18th August 2011.
Ocarina, girl, born 6th September 2011.
Mountie, boy, born 27th August 2011.
Truffkin, boy, born 25th November 2011.
Islegrin, boy, born 14th December 2011.
Barbiesbeaver, girl, born 6th January 2012.
BrownB, girl, 2nd February 2012.
Alpinepony, ?13th February 2012.
KatandKit, boy, born 13th April 2012.

blonderthanred, boy, born 26th October 2012.
FriendofDorothy, boy, born 14th December 2012.
QueenRollo, boy, born 21st January 2013.

Need dates:

Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales
cakeandcava approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12

LazyMachine (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), getting rather rotund, DC1 EDD 23/4/13
fertilityFTW (34), weepy and whiny, DC 1 EDD 21/5/13
bluer, (33), peeing and puking, DC1 due 22/08/2013

Welcome to our new home! Right, time to get that baybee out lazy!

fertilityFTW Sun 28-Apr-13 19:25:43

Oh jeff - what a great moment - I swear GB became a whole other man the second he heard that magical sound.

This bear business sounds interesting MsJones - do let me know how it turns out! I expect it'll be hard to move baby L into his own room - I expect I'd struggle with separation anxiety immediately and end up on the floor under the crib!

TBH, I'm happy with a CS (almost everyone in my family was a CS, including me), as a kid for the longest time I thought that was the natural way of things - you just got unzippered and a baby came out because that's how mum explained it when I asked as a nosy toddler! And because I am very, very petite, people have commented my entire life long on how I'd never be able to birth a baby - I guess I kinda internalised that and was quite relaxed about an inevitable CS. Except throughout this pregnancy all the HCP's were outraged at the suggestion that I'd be birthing in any other way than the vaginal - so after an initial freak out I spent the whole time mentally getting into that, talking myself through it and getting comfortable with the idea (I suffered with a severe anxiety disorder for a long time and like to spend time mentally preparing myself for the big things!) - but as everyone says, you can't predict what happens in childbirth! And I guess I am as prepared as I could be about various processes - will just focus on healthy baby and try to relax about the rest.

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 28-Apr-13 19:36:52

Ooh where you off to jeffers?!

You sound pretty ok about it all ftw...

Yes Faithlet is quite long in the leg and already a bit big for the newborn baby grows! I think we will want to keep most stuff in case Faithlet 2 comes along at some point (although there's quite a lot of pink!).

JethroTull Sun 28-Apr-13 19:47:57

Faith we are going [[http://www.ushuaiabeachhotel.com here]

JethroTull Sun 28-Apr-13 19:48:38

Link fail! here

fertilityFTW Sun 28-Apr-13 20:11:36

smile Am trying to sound convincing enough to convince myself!

Oh wow jeff - looks like a party!

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 28-Apr-13 20:18:10

Look fancy jeff! smile

ftw I think it's all about going in with a positive attitude!

MsJupiterJones Sun 28-Apr-13 20:35:48

Jeff that looks amazing. I sobbed so much when I heard L's heartbeat for the first time, for the rest of the appointment the consultant kept asking if I was ok. Amazing, life changing moment.

FFTW you sound just like me! My mum had me as an EMCS (under GA!) and in those days they didn't offer VBACs so my bro & sis were too. My mum always said it was much more civilised so I always thought I'd have one. Then on being pg I got into the idea of natural birth & did yoga etc, but then found out I had GD & would have to be induced. Said the one thing I didn't want was to spend a week being induced & then end up with a CS so could I just have an ELCS? They persuaded me induction would be just fine... and guess what ended up happening? So I think knowing you are having a CS is a much better place to be and hopefully you will have a wonderful experience. smile

JethroTull Sun 28-Apr-13 21:07:32

We went there last year & loved it. Figured it will be the last time we get to party at all!

I'm still sticking my head right in the sand about the actual birth. It's taken me almost 4 months to come to terms with the fact I'm pregnant!

pinkr Mon 29-Apr-13 11:13:13

Me to! Just back from my 24 week appointment and got to hear the heartbeat again..wonderful! She measured my bump but didn't say anything...looking at my notes I either measure 24 or 26...can't read her writing! ! ,

HadALittleFaithBaby Mon 29-Apr-13 11:39:15

I felt like that about the birthing part for a long time. Then I got fed up of being pregnant and just saw the birthing part as the means to an end. When my waters broke I was somewhere between excited and terrified!

Day 5, still no poo...message left with health visitor for advice!

fertilityFTW Tue 30-Apr-13 09:38:18

We do have a similar story MsJones! That's comforting!

Any poo siting faith?

I had a bit of a bizarre evening - put the TV on in the evening waiting for GB to serve up his signature burgers (delish!) and just couldn't see out of my right eye - like it had been looking at the sun or a light too long - just blurred vision and flashing lights and then equally suddenly I had an excruciating headache behind my left temple. Stumbled to the kitchen and GB in a panic and he sat me down, switched off the lights - tried to call MW, no answer - so called delivery suite and they said come in right away. Monitored me for over half an hour, baby was super active and my normally very low blood pressure had spiked a bit - vision was back by then. But no protein in urine or anything. They want me to go back for more monitoring today so off I go. Headache is gone now, but pretty miserable night. Think it was a random fluke - but GB insists we get it checked over anyway. Feel like a bit of a drama llama - just want to curl up in bed.

fertilityFTW Tue 30-Apr-13 09:39:11

poo sighting, not siting! hopefully siting will be where it's meant to be hmm

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 30-Apr-13 10:22:45

Still no poo! Waiting on HV to call me back and have put her in the cutest outfit in hope of a poonami!

fertility that sounds scary! Could it have been a migraine? Hormone surges can make them more common in pregnancy. Good to know baybee is ok but might be worth seeing your GP?

fertilityFTW Tue 30-Apr-13 10:38:00

Haha, poonami! Good luck faith! Should be hugely satisfying at least when it lands!

Yeah - I'm feeling quite dismissive about it all today but it did freak me out last night tbh. Just leaving for hosp appt now - so hopefully they'll just give me the all clear. I actually have a suspicion the blood pressure spike was caused by some surging anxiety levels to do with some family stuff - and the raised BP caused the symptoms in turn. Need to stop internalising things and trying to make everyone happy all of the time and just 'be'.

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 30-Apr-13 15:28:39

Poonami has arrived! Good news is its normal newborn poo so she's not massively bunged up.

MSB took her to his old work to show her off (proud Daddy)! smile

fertilityFTW Tue 30-Apr-13 17:00:30

Oh, good job little faithlet!
How cute that's she's gone to work with daddy - these moments are so heart melting!

Met with the senior MW (have I mentioned how I love all the MWs? so on the ball around here!) - she said it was basically a migraine and not to worry (unlike consultant last night who when we asked what it might be says - a stroke hmm - not very impressed with the consultants at all! Especially considering we've met a different one at each appt and they've contradicted each other and told some outright whoppers about hospital policies and such - weird and not very trust inspiring). Senior MW also had another feel around of baby and said it was very unlikely she'd turn at this point - just no room. Which is actually a relief - now I can prepare for an ELCS in peace without if/ands/buts.

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 30-Apr-13 17:16:06

I luff it when I diagnose correctly wink Glad you've got the support of the midwives. I've been very impressed with the help we've received too.

fertilityFTW Tue 30-Apr-13 17:34:03

Yeah - now I kinda wish they were the ones wielding the scalpel!

organiccarrotcake Sat 04-May-13 12:08:37

Ha! Hello ladies smile I've not been around for - well - um - two years and I'm not stopping as I'm definately not pregnant. But I was just a little bored this morning and thought I'd wander into this area and lo - there's still a PESH thread going strong! I'm the "carrots" at the top of the list and since then have gone on to have another little boy (making three altogether). I'm also proud to say that I coined the "PESH" word following on from "BESH" in the TTC bit ;) Sooo nice to see that the room is still open. Enjoy your pregnancies and babies all. Huge congratulations xxxxxxxxxxx

HadALittleFaithBaby Sat 04-May-13 21:05:11

Hello carrot! <waves> yes ESH are still winning baybees smile mine is currently asleep on Mr Faith. I am about to try and kip for a bit <hopeful>

How are the preggos doing?

pinkr Sun 05-May-13 14:38:12

Hey <waves>!

Doing fine...just been in the garden at last! Although the sun only lasted a wee while!
got appointments for our antenatal classes...2 2 hour evening classes and a boob feeding lesson and that's it...guess this baybee lark isn't that complicated grin

fertilityFTW Mon 06-May-13 19:35:20

More woe is me on this end! Have a mahoooosive cold and have been snotting and snivelling all over the place - can't breathe, swallow or sleep, mad sneezing fits and doubtless the coughing to come which will be timed conveniently with recovery from c-section! Hooray!

Lots of honey/lemon/hot water drinks, salt water gargling and paracetemol popping - but to little avail. I usually bounce back very quickly from colds but this one has been a long and intense one! Kept it at bay for about a week and then it overwhelmed me.

Must say GB has really been stepping up - considering his MIL is also here and I am just one big ailment.
Really wanted to extract more from this last week sad

But am lucky to be surrounded by loved ones smile

And hopefully soon.....a new loved one!

pinkr Mon 06-May-13 20:33:03

Oh you must be getting so excited now! ! I hope your cold clears up...I had a bad one a wee while ago and out really buggered my sleeping patterns.

MsJupiterJones Mon 06-May-13 21:00:10

Is it the 10th FFTW?

I think several of us have had pre-birth colds, rotten. Hope you have a super speedy recovery.

fertilityFTW Tue 07-May-13 15:23:02

Yup! Friday morning - though I can't really believe it at all, I'm so wrapped up in the misery of this cold.

When do your antenatal classes start pinkr? I really liked our NHS ones. I've become a big fan of the MWs here.

How's little faithlet?

This thread is not accepting new messages.