Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The PESH are rooting for a cluster-diff! Over 3 years of hard fought baybee wins.

(1000 Posts)
HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 04-Feb-13 22:59:16

The Not-list:

BESH BAYBEES

dontrythisathome, girl born March 25 2010.
Cheggers, twinz girlz, born April 2010.
FannyPriceless, boy, born June 8 2010.
CurlyCasper, girl, born June 24 2010.
CUNextTuesday, boy, born June 29 2010.
AlpinePony, boy, born 1 July 2010.
Carrots, boy, born July 2010.
IggyPiggy, girl, born July 2010.
Cosmosis, boy, born Sept 5 2010.
Backinthebox, boy, born Sept 7 2010.
Skatergrrrl, girl, born Sept 10 2010.
VAG, boy, born Oct 2 2010.
Silversky, boy, born Nov 1 2010.
SomethingSuitablyWitty, girl born Nov 2 2010.
Honeymoo, boy, born Nov 11 2010.
okiecokie, girl, born Nov 12 2010.
ReginaMonologue, boy, born Nov 13 2010.
Lightspaperstandback, boy, born Nov 14 2010.
Maswera, boy, born Dec 24 2010.
PollyPoo, girl, born Jan 5 2011.
MrsFC, boy, born Jan 7 2011.
ChoChoSan, girl, born 6 Feb 2011.
Ginhag, boy born 11 Feb 2011.
Muser, girl, born 15 Feb 2011.
CluckyKate, boy, born 18 Feb 2011.
Perfect Dromedary, boy, born 23rd February 2011.
Casserole, girl, born 19th March 2011.
Medee, girl, born 26th March 2011.
StiffyByng, girl, born 17th May 2011.
Scorpette, boy, born 21st May 2011.
Rocketleaf, girl, born 23rd May 2011.
TwinkleToes, girl, born 7th June 2011.
Laurielou, boy, born 9th June 2011.
Orchid, girl, born 24th June 2011.
Ginfox, loving the new mega-boobs, due 12th July.
LadyGoneGaga, girl, born 24 July 2011.
Mrbitey, boy, born 29th July 2011.
Macaroonmum, boy, born 28th July 2011.
Owlbooty, boy, born 18th August 2011.
Ocarina, girl, born 6th September 2011.
Mountie, boy, born 27th August 2011.
Truffkin, boy, born 25th November 2011.
Islegrin, boy, born 14th December 2011.
Barbiesbeaver, girl, born 6th January 2012.
BrownB, girl, 2nd February 2012.
Alpinepony, ?13th February 2012.
KatandKit, boy, born 13th April 2012.

blonderthanred, boy, born 26th October 2012.
FriendofDorothy, boy, born 14th December 2012.
QueenRollo, boy, born 21st January 2013.

Need dates:

Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales
cakeandcava approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12

LazyMachine (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), getting rather rotund, DC1 EDD 23/4/13
fertilityFTW (34), weepy and whiny, DC 1 EDD 21/5/13
bluer, (33), peeing and puking, DC1 due 22/08/2013

Welcome to our new home! Right, time to get that baybee out lazy!

pinkr Sat 20-Apr-13 17:22:13

Feeling much better thankfully! A both sure the same things and he's fine so maybe it was a bug! Just been emptying mr df's man room which of soon to be the nursery! ! And i've been taking advantage of the weather to wash some wee clothes that purple have given us...got ridiculously excited at the sight of all the little cardies and dresses on the line!

pinkr Sat 20-Apr-13 17:23:15

My goodness the errors in that are awful...well done if anyone can decipher!

fertilityFTW Sat 20-Apr-13 18:06:10

I hear you pinkr....got a ridiculous amount of satisfaction out of laundering wee wear and the folding and neatly putting away of same. Guess it's one of the few things I have actual control over in this whole affair so it feels great!

Urgh, I so don't feel like cooking dinner today, pelvis feels like it's about to just pop out and go off on strike. Little does it know we'll be tackling some floor scrubbing tomorrow! But yes, coming together!

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 21-Apr-13 07:48:51

pink the washing bit is luffly isn't it?! I really enjoyed that smile

ff I got that with the pelvis. It is awful. Don't overdo it even if you're trying off kick off labour!!

Well after Friday's nightmare I'm pleased to say we had a steady night! Woke every couple of hours to feed except 3am when has to do the waking. That time she was on the breast for about 1h 30m and we were both shattered. Gave her 50ml top up of expressed breast milk a cup and she finally seemed full. DH then took her to the lounge to chill because she took ages to settle. We've all had a few hours here and there which is great! As of 7.22 she's officially a week old!

pinkr Sun 21-Apr-13 09:12:35

Gosh Is that a week already? ! Amazing!
do all the feeds take ages? I only ask because I keep thinking about being at my sisters wedding, the wee one being hungry and then missing the photos or some such. I'm not sure my sister will have the patience for that! I suppose I could try the exposing if its all found well at that point. In fact Mr df asked about that because he wants to help with the night feeding so I'm not exhausted. .very sweet of him!

pinkr Sun 21-Apr-13 09:13:49

Eh expressing not exposing....although that could be a Freudian slip!

FriendofDorothy Sun 21-Apr-13 10:55:11

Some babies feed fast and some slow. It gets easier as you get more used to it.

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 21-Apr-13 12:44:55

Faithlet is still finding her rhythm with feeding. Sometimes as little as 5-10 mins, sometimes over an hour. One cluster feed of 4 hours on day 2 which ended up with her exhausted!

We are about to go out! Walking to the shops then going to my sisters. The mil has visited. Happily Faithlet snoozed on her for ages and only a couple of comments about how far away we live from her (Er she chose to move to Devon!).

JethroTull Sun 21-Apr-13 19:56:36

So pleased to hear things are settling down a bit for you & faithlet. How did the expedition out go?

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 21-Apr-13 21:46:53

It was luffly. First time we felt like a family! She didn't mind the push chair and I'm really happy with the choice of the oyster. Easy to manoeuvre. We are currently having a feed. Hoping for an early night.

JethroTull Mon 22-Apr-13 07:26:49

Must have been great being out with a new baby. Do you keep looking at her in amazement? I think that's what I'll do!

We decided to start deciding about stuff after our holiday / 20 week scan. Only 3 weeks away! The range of pushchairs / travel things baffled me. Work is so busy at the moment for both of us I think we don't have a minute to plan anything. A holiday will help though. I'm going to Make A List.

HadALittleFaithBaby Mon 22-Apr-13 09:55:01

Yes! I just turned to MSB and said We've got a baby! She currently post-feed snuggled on my chest. Last night was even better, feel like we're finding our feet.

Those big decisions are tough jeff. I hated the idea of regretting the travel system/pushchair choice. I'm not sure where you are but I highly recommend Kiddicare - there's one at Peterborough, Birmingham and Nottingham. They were so helpful going through everything. If not, try an independent retailer. The key place to start is the budget, then the size of your boot!

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 23-Apr-13 10:17:59

Oh wow <smug post alert> I just weighed myself and I weigh less than when I got diffed! shock I am hoping to maintain this while BF then as I stop BF start running again. I can't quite believe it!

MsJupiterJones Tue 23-Apr-13 11:31:27

Faith don't do what I did, I was so delighted with myself for only putting on a stone in pg (and it disappearing with baby etc), I then ate chocolate digestives by the truckload and regained the lost stone in 5 minutes. And unfortunately any removal of said stone is unlikely to be as quick and easy or result in a cute bundle this time round!

in my defence the stoopid HVs kept trying to persuade me that DS wasn't gaining weight because I wasn't eating enough angry

MsJupiterJones Tue 23-Apr-13 11:31:54

Also well done!

HadALittleFaithBaby Tue 23-Apr-13 14:42:27

I'm conscious that its not a static thing. Trying to get moving now. We've been into town this morning. Faithlet slept through it all but was admired by many! This time we put the car seat on the wheels, dead easy. I've been to Mothercare and got fitted for nursing bras. Staff were luffly and they are a good fit! I did feel a bit shock at the cost but actually spent £60 on two twin packs and £15 a bra isn't actually too costly! Bought some joggers and t-shirts too - just want to wear non-maternity clothes!

How are our current differs doing? Anyone heard from camelknees?

FriendofDorothy Tue 23-Apr-13 17:13:43

Oh dear. Have just realised how fair skinned our boy is. The Mister took him out walking this morning and he really has quite a red face. Feel awful but just didn't realise sad

Wish I weighed less than when I got diffed. The SPD put pay to that. sad

JethroTull Tue 23-Apr-13 19:43:27

Thanks Faith. We're near Notts so will pay a visit. Your trip out sounds great! On the whole weight thing I'm lucky enough to have always been a skinny bint so this whole bump thing is actually quite weird. I'm embracing it though & wearing tight stuff rather than trying to hide it.

pinkr Wed 24-Apr-13 17:40:49

Hi all! I'm fine and steadily getting massive! I only had my skinny body a few months and didn't take much pictographic evidence so at the moment I think I look like I did a year ago plus bump. Why is so much yummy food so fattening? !

FriendofDorothy Sun 28-Apr-13 11:09:51

How's it going everyone? I am sat in church and The Little Mister is asleep in his buggy.

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 28-Apr-13 13:38:20

We went to church too to show her off! MSB put her in a dress (so cute!). Lots of admiring looks and comments. I realised the comments change to Don't you look well! (is that code for 'You don't look too sleep deprived' or 'You don't look too big considering you only just gave birth?!).

fertilityFTW Sun 28-Apr-13 15:49:57

So intense that your little ones are out in the world now! You've come a long way, babies!

37+4 here and so, so, so tired. I went off for a nap two hours after I woke up this morning - and I seriously could go right back to bed now. How are the sleep deprived mums doing?

Had a MW appt. a couple of days ago and was hoping she'd be able to give me an update on babyFTW's position, but she was baffled. She said her hands were telling her one thing but the heartbeat monitor said another - and basically she hadn't a clue so would just put down breech as that was the last position the sonographer had seen hmm. For someone who was desperately seeking certainty with the birth from day 1, I think the universe has conspired to put me in my place by keeping me on tip-toe till the last second. So as it stands - ELCS scheduled 12 days from now, but still anybody's game.

HadALittleFaithBaby Sun 28-Apr-13 16:24:13

Ooh not long then fertility! smile 12 days and counting til eviction! What a nightmare about your baybee's position. I guess all I'd say is however 'planned' your birth is, it generally seems to go out the window in the event anyway!

I found the first week of sleep deprivation the worst, especially because the hormones go crazy around that time! Now it's still tough (especially in the evenings when she won't settle and just keeps feeding!) but at least I get a couple of hours here and there. It's amazing what you can survive on.

MsJupiterJones Sun 28-Apr-13 17:51:20

Hello folks. Good to see the thread pop up & hear your news. L's sleep has finally improved and the last couple of nights he has slept through. Now just need to persuade him the day starts a little later!

Have had nice day sorting out L's room as it had become a bit of a storage space and we need to get him used to being in it so he can move in soon. We love him being in with us so we're in no hurry though. Also put newborn and 0-3 clothes in bags, not sure which bits to keep for potential no.2. You can get old baby clothes made into bears as a keepsake which I'm thinking of doing.

Fertility I know how frustrating it can be. Don't be afraid to go and ask for another scan if you want one to be sure but if not as I've said the CS is not so bad and didn't interfere with bf or bonding. Good luck for your last 12 days!

JethroTull Sun 28-Apr-13 19:04:47

Good luck with the last few days FTW smile

I heard our baby's heartbeat this week. It was amazing. Going on holiday on Friday, cannot wait for a week of doing nothing!

This thread is not accepting new messages.