Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The PESH are rooting for a cluster-diff! Over 3 years of hard fought baybee wins.

(1000 Posts)
HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 04-Feb-13 22:59:16

The Not-list:

BESH BAYBEES

dontrythisathome, girl born March 25 2010.
Cheggers, twinz girlz, born April 2010.
FannyPriceless, boy, born June 8 2010.
CurlyCasper, girl, born June 24 2010.
CUNextTuesday, boy, born June 29 2010.
AlpinePony, boy, born 1 July 2010.
Carrots, boy, born July 2010.
IggyPiggy, girl, born July 2010.
Cosmosis, boy, born Sept 5 2010.
Backinthebox, boy, born Sept 7 2010.
Skatergrrrl, girl, born Sept 10 2010.
VAG, boy, born Oct 2 2010.
Silversky, boy, born Nov 1 2010.
SomethingSuitablyWitty, girl born Nov 2 2010.
Honeymoo, boy, born Nov 11 2010.
okiecokie, girl, born Nov 12 2010.
ReginaMonologue, boy, born Nov 13 2010.
Lightspaperstandback, boy, born Nov 14 2010.
Maswera, boy, born Dec 24 2010.
PollyPoo, girl, born Jan 5 2011.
MrsFC, boy, born Jan 7 2011.
ChoChoSan, girl, born 6 Feb 2011.
Ginhag, boy born 11 Feb 2011.
Muser, girl, born 15 Feb 2011.
CluckyKate, boy, born 18 Feb 2011.
Perfect Dromedary, boy, born 23rd February 2011.
Casserole, girl, born 19th March 2011.
Medee, girl, born 26th March 2011.
StiffyByng, girl, born 17th May 2011.
Scorpette, boy, born 21st May 2011.
Rocketleaf, girl, born 23rd May 2011.
TwinkleToes, girl, born 7th June 2011.
Laurielou, boy, born 9th June 2011.
Orchid, girl, born 24th June 2011.
Ginfox, loving the new mega-boobs, due 12th July.
LadyGoneGaga, girl, born 24 July 2011.
Mrbitey, boy, born 29th July 2011.
Macaroonmum, boy, born 28th July 2011.
Owlbooty, boy, born 18th August 2011.
Ocarina, girl, born 6th September 2011.
Mountie, boy, born 27th August 2011.
Truffkin, boy, born 25th November 2011.
Islegrin, boy, born 14th December 2011.
Barbiesbeaver, girl, born 6th January 2012.
BrownB, girl, 2nd February 2012.
Alpinepony, ?13th February 2012.
KatandKit, boy, born 13th April 2012.

blonderthanred, boy, born 26th October 2012.
FriendofDorothy, boy, born 14th December 2012.
QueenRollo, boy, born 21st January 2013.

Need dates:

Rollerbaby, No pink here, expecting boy due March 20th 2012
IveBeenExpectingYou (CockDodger), A very active baby girl, due March 28th 2012
Silver, hoping for an easier sneeze, due mid-July 2012
Starryeyedmole, regretting recently investing in scales
cakeandcava approaching walrus proportions, DC1 EDD 21/10/12

LazyMachine (38) DC1 EDD 9/2/13
CamelKnees (34) fat and fatigued DC2 EDD 22/04/2013
HaveALittleFaith (31), getting rather rotund, DC1 EDD 23/4/13
fertilityFTW (34), weepy and whiny, DC 1 EDD 21/5/13
bluer, (33), peeing and puking, DC1 due 22/08/2013

Welcome to our new home! Right, time to get that baybee out lazy!

bluer Fri 29-Mar-13 05:08:48

Hi all! Oh faith poor wee fella sad
I'm on my sixth night of coughing, choking and nose blowing. I would kill for a decent nights sleep...last night was the worst and I ended up in the spare room. I saw every hour.
Went into work on wed and was sent home by my boss (proper boss and friend) whilst the other one Sat there making me feel bad as apparently everyone is tired etc. therefore implying I was being a wimp and pain.
Spent today at wedding with my dad and sis etc. was a lovely day but I spent a lot of time in my dads room between ceremony and dinner as I was too shattered. Got to see the first dance and then mr.df whisked me home, well two hour drive anyway.
TodayI experienced the compete stranger stoking your bump thing...many many times! Even men...mr.df suggested I start grabbing boobs or balls grin

MsJupiterJones Fri 29-Mar-13 14:50:29

Sorry about Smokey Faith.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 29-Mar-13 17:07:42

Aw thanks smile I feel ok about it today. A little sad not to see him when I got up at 7.30, stupid pregnancy insomnia but it's better than seeing him suffering.

I'm with you on the symptoms blue. I'm still snotty a week down the line. I've got some relief using a saline sinus rinse (disgusting but satisfying!) but am not sleeping well.

Today I went to see my old neighbour who still lives in the apartments I moved from. Very weird going back there! Luffly to see him though. Then went into town to meet MSB and his sister and DP. Wore me out though, now having a little rest! Oof.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 30-Mar-13 21:52:44

Oh, the reflux! Does that stop when you drop the sprog? (Those who've been there done that?!). Today we stayed in and I have rearranged the kitchen cupboards. Much better! smile my sleep pattern is completely gone but I managed a snooze for about an hour this afternoon. Maybe I won't sleep so much tonight but I'm guessing now it doesn't matter since I'm not at work! I'll take sleep whenever I can get it.

FriendofDorothy Sun 31-Mar-13 03:52:16

I slept terribly towards the end off pregnancy. I think it's why I felt better after having the baby - whilst I was getting less sleep the quality was better!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 31-Mar-13 08:31:55

That's what I'm hoping for dor! Although I've adjusted my maternity pillow (you can use it different ways round) and I did sleep better last night. I stirred and thought Wow first time I've slept past 7.30 in 10 days, then I remembered about the clocks! confused

bluer Sun 31-Mar-13 21:57:05

Hey all...hope everything well! I'm in the lake district with a distinctly dodgy connection and no phone signal...we're here for a well with pil and mr df brother and wife. Fun so far ;)

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 01-Apr-13 11:41:18

Aw I luff the lakes! Whereabouts are you?

Well I feel rubbish. Tired, sick, moods all over the place! MSB is clearly finding it frustrating although coming through when I need him (e.g. Getting me a chair when I had a one-off contraction!). Pickle's movement has changed too. I rang the ante-natal assessment centre who said based on what I was saying its ok because I'm still getting plenty of movement. She reckoned the change in sensation (kicks feel less hard!) may be because Pickle is starting to engage. All I really want is to get some food batch cooked and then I'm happy to drop this sprog.

JethroTull Mon 01-Apr-13 13:11:06

Loved your photo on t'other place Faith your bump is so neat! The last few weeks must be hard. Focus on the batch cooking to distract yourself, what are you making?

I bought some maternity clothes this weekend, well SSG bought them for me which I thought was very sweet. Just some leggings & a couple of tops from Top Shop. I felt so much more comfortable in them rather than trying to suck my expanding belly into my skinny jeans grin.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 01-Apr-13 13:15:48

Fanks jeff! I'm trying not to overdo the bump images/statuses etc because I know it's tough both for the TTCers and I have a couple of friends who had late losses but every so often it's nice to pop one on. I'm feeling better after a sit down, something to eat. MSB has tidied the garage (after much grumbling) so now we can get the spare freezer! I'm off to buy tonnes of tupperwear in a minute!

I moved into maternity gear around 14 weeks myself. Under bump were comfier at that point but its such a relief, isn't it?!

JethroTull Mon 01-Apr-13 14:29:08

I lost about half a stone towards the end of last year with all the TTC/IVF stress so had to buy new trousers & jeans. Now I can't fit in them! Well, I can but after a couple of hours I want to undo the buttons!

Batch cooking sounds like a good idea. We only have a small freezer though. Could put a larger one in the cellar. We sat down earlier & went through our finances. Scary stuff. Are you planning on going back to work Faith?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 01-Apr-13 15:17:04

I had lost weight too when I got diffed but that meant that I had room in my trews for a few weeks. I can't imagine MSB ever venturing into Topshop, not even to buy me maternity stuff! Well done SSG!

Yes I'll be returning to work. Not dwelling on that but it'll be around October time. I will see what happens about jobs. In some ways it'd be easier to go back on the ward but I will see if there's anything interesting out there when I go back..

I've just been to Poundstretcher and bought lots of bits and bobs, things to help with the tidying/nesting. Place looks better already! smile

MsJupiterJones Mon 01-Apr-13 17:10:15

I had a moment of realisation a month or so after L was born of how lovely it was not to need the loo all the feckin time. And don't know about reflux but the heartburn had dissipated pretty much straight away too. What a relief. Hopefully will be the same for you Faif.

Bump pic is ace and as others have said v neat indeed.

bluer Mon 01-Apr-13 17:46:55

We're in troutbeck in a cottage! Been to ambleside and bowness and chilling about. They've got the spaniel with them so plenty of walking!

FriendofDorothy Mon 01-Apr-13 17:55:18

Oh not needing the loo all the time is the most amazing feeling!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Mon 01-Apr-13 19:19:48

Oh I can't wait for that! smile

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 02-Apr-13 08:33:56

blue we spent our honeymoon just outside Ambleside and luffed it. We usually go to the Lakes every week the first week of May but, um, we might be a bit busy this year!

I stirred this morning with a horrible sense of foreboding - my head said I don't even feel pregnant any more.... Clearly I was asleep because I woke with the usual cramps/backache/giant bump. I've had a cold drink and Pickle is wriggling/squirming. I think it's because my friend lost her baybee around this time. I've trying to use positive thinking.

On a positive note (!), I'm 37 weeks today and I haven't taken any codiene for two days - yay me! grin

bluer Tue 02-Apr-13 10:12:15

Yes its beautiful! Although a put family has died just on the lake where we are sad
I have never had much of a problem with my mil but its staying to annoy me. Breastfeeding us odd apparently, and now she's telling me that the baby only sleeps in your room for the first two Weeks! ! I said recommended advice is 6 months and she pooh poohed me and continued to explain to sil that that was nonsense and you need to understand that there's a lot of fuss over Sids for nothing. I have left the room to calm down. poor sil is very easily led and is actually listening to her.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 02-Apr-13 10:28:23

Yeah I heard about that on the news...very sad sad

Sounds wise to walk away blue. SIDS risks are small but why take the chance?! Things have changed since she had children! We'll have Pickle in our room to start with and see how things go. I know my sister found it quite hard to put DNephew in his own room to start with!

MsJupiterJones Tue 02-Apr-13 15:24:46

Yay Faif you are full term hurrah!

I had the same stuff with SIDS, my MIL wanted to sleep L on his front or side too. I just said enthusiastically how isn't it wonderful that there are all these advances in research and SIDS has been reduced by 75% due to people following the guidelines. Some stats from the website can help. But if she doesn't believe in SIDS what can you do?

I am dreading putting the boy in his own room. Just love waking up to his face.

bluer Tue 02-Apr-13 16:37:59

Drives me crazy! At two Weeks there's no way! Plus I'd need to keep getting out of bed to feed <chilly>

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 02-Apr-13 17:20:06

Oh help, I'm having terrible anxiety. I think I'm worse now than I was before my 12 week scan. I've had some milk and Pickle is wriggling...kicks are less oomph but everything I've read suggests this is normal - pattern hasn't really changed and its still definitely regular. Why am I so anxious?! Do you think there's anything I can do?

JethroTull Tue 02-Apr-13 17:24:56

Faith breathe. I've just read that drinking milk is a good way to get baybee to move. Why do you think you are anxious? List all the reasons. I always find a list helps.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 02-Apr-13 17:29:28

I've just had milk and it did make Pickle move. I'm anxious because my friend's baybee was still born at this point in her pregnancy confused sad She wasn't in any high risk category (non-smoker, doubt she drank etc..) I don't know a huge amount of detail of why her baybee died so its just proper freaking me out....I know Pickle looked healthy on the scan last Wednesday and there's no reason at all that this won't all be fine...I do have a history of anxiety and I wonder if its just rearing its ugly head. Almost like the pregnancy has gone too smoothly and I'm waiting for the worst to happen?

JethroTull Tue 02-Apr-13 17:41:29

And that's completely natural to be worried Faith. Terrible things DO happen but that don't then equate that terrible things will happen to you. You had a house fire right? That doesn't mean that I will definitely have one. Saying all of that is easy - a girl at work had a mc when I was 8 weeks. I couldn't focus for about a week. I was convinced it was going to happen to me too.

Have you got any relaxation techniques / cd's etc? When I was stabbing listening to Zita wittering on actually helped.

This thread is not accepting new messages.