Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

September 2013 - fretting our way through the first trimester

(1000 Posts)
KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 13:38:51

Created as other thread filling up!

Kittenkatzen Mon 04-Feb-13 18:59:57

babyboo shock at your colleague, some people just don't think do they. I'm sure you'll be fine though if you already have antibodies.

dietcoke that sounds like your booking appt to me, so perfectly normal smile

I've ha a really random craving for cheese scones all day - couldn't find any to buy so I think I'm going to make some when I get home! Mmmm....warm cheesy buttery goodness....smile

andadietcoke Mon 04-Feb-13 19:04:35

kitten but I've had one booking appt with the mw already - is this just now a hospital booking appt?

Creamtea1 Mon 04-Feb-13 19:20:14

coke I think it sounds like your first hosp consultant appt - just a bit early. You could always try and change it although knowing what the system is like the next available one probably wouldn't be until 16 weeks or something!
Mmm skittles, I was dreaming about profiteroles earlier...

andadietcoke Mon 04-Feb-13 19:29:20

I need to change it anyway - I've got a meeting in London that day with a very important contact - the kind that you wait for years for a meeting with!! Will ring them tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks both smile

SGJ Mon 04-Feb-13 19:31:45

Kitten - I actually have 2 homemade cheese scones sat in the kitchen right now... oh wait.... only 1 now!

MrsGAT Mon 04-Feb-13 19:44:07

Hello ladies,
Just found out I'm pregnant 2 weeks ago, with my first at 39! Very happy and very scared in equal measure. Am working abroad at the moment and no-one here knows about it so feeling a bit isolated and also like the whole thing is a bit unreal. Just thought I'd say hello to make it all feel a bit more real. Anyone else feeling slightly detached at this point? (apart from the nausea and sore boobs, obv!)
x

Kittenkatzen Mon 04-Feb-13 20:23:33

I made the cheese scones. Have demolished two already....amazing. I am happy smilesmile

dietcoke I had a first meeting with midwife at 6wks, and tomorrow I have my booking in at 8+5, so I guess it's another of those things that differs between areas!

Kittenkatzen Mon 04-Feb-13 20:24:57

Oh and welcome mrsgat and congrats smile. Agree with you about it all seeming unreal to begin with - we told parents this weekend which has brought it home a little bit!

frogchops Mon 04-Feb-13 20:39:40

I'm glad someone else is dietcoke....and obviously I meant 5mg not 500! Am a bit stressed about water infection tho, hope its not done any damage so far :-/.

I'll be 8+3 ish at my booking appt, I think this about the kinda time everyone seems to be having theirs.

Was in the toilets at work talking on my mobile to my mum about water infections and pregnancy etc....and didnt realise someone else was in there. Luckily it was just my boss, who already knows and came into my office later to check I was ok.

KamikazeeKid Mon 04-Feb-13 20:55:18

Frogchops I had a nasty water infection from 5 weeks with DS...hes fine and dribbling on me now ;-)
I had to have antibiotics that are not the preferred ones to take in pregnancy as im allergic!

Peabody25 Mon 04-Feb-13 20:56:47

Anyone tried travel sickness bands for nausea? Feeling incredibly sorry for myself today! Have constant nausea not been sick thankfully today but really room spinningly dizzy! Got docs spot tomorrow to see whether I've got ear infection as nausea and dizziness aren't a good combination! hmm

chocciemousse Mon 04-Feb-13 21:04:38

Hi everyone. Just marking my space. As everyone is talking about scans, i have received my scan date for 22 Feb. I will be 11+6. Do you have to be over the 12 week mark? I know it is close but should I be rebooking?

Creamtea1 Mon 04-Feb-13 21:08:40

No choccie 11+6 is fine, usual window for scan is between 11 and 13 weeks smile

Would also like to know if anyone's tried the sea sick bands? My friend said they helped her but I'm sceptical.

CharlW1 Mon 04-Feb-13 21:17:30

Have been off the thread for a couple of weeks so thought I would check in. I have my booking appointment on Thursday and a 10 week private scan on Saturday - crossing everything and praying everything will be alright this time

badguider Mon 04-Feb-13 21:54:16

Peabody - I tried the bands and they don't seem to do anything for me sad worth a try though.

Bleeding gums today sad - anybody who's been through this before got any gum/teeth care tips? I want to keep mine!!!

andadietcoke Mon 04-Feb-13 21:56:53

badguider the Hygenist told me to keep using the inter dental brushes, even if it bled a fair bit. That was all she suggested really.

1sttimepg Mon 04-Feb-13 22:04:51

I found out I was pregnant today and roughly I'm 4weeks gone, I want to be happy but I can't be I have worked myself up enough to think I'm going to lose it because I've been drinking as I dint know I was pregnant, I keep getting pains like period pains and I get scared all the time :/ how can I settle my mind.

Wincher Mon 04-Feb-13 22:12:43

My scan is three weeks tomorrow when I'll be 11+3. My midwife told me they like to get women in for scans a bit earlier these days, so that may be why so many of us have scans at 11 weeks plus. Last time I had my scan at 11+3 and they moved my dates back a whole week so I was only 10+3 - that was gutting!

frogchops Mon 04-Feb-13 22:17:43

Am getting the occasional sharp - make you jump - kind of pain in my lower tummy, along with back cramping. Worth getting checked out or am I fretting unecessarily?? Have had no other symptoms. :-/

SGJ Mon 04-Feb-13 23:11:11

I think any random pains in the groin/back area are considered normal at this stage as everything's growing/shifting around/being shoved out of place by larger bladders and bowels, etc. I get a funny sensation when I cough, so have taken to coughing in a foetal position!

Don't be too worried 1sttimepg, at 4 weeks the placenta isn't actually developed, so any drinking you've done so far won't have an impact. The placenta develops between 5-6 weeks so you've found out at just the right time. Congratulations!!

Dorita75 Tue 05-Feb-13 06:52:08

Welcome and congrats new ladies! I'm 8+4 and still not accepting it's going to last, that's that mc does to you...all we can do is wait and try not to go mad!

I've got the wristbands, I don't think they work for full on ms but mine seems to have gone down a level thank god, and I think they're helping a bit now...

I can't read any posts about food, makes me do an internal shiver! Cannot wait to feel normal about food again. Last night I was in bed at 7.30 because the smell of dp's chicken cooking made me feel so sick. I associate the kitchen with horrid smells now so have trouble going in there..not very convenient!

juniper904 Tue 05-Feb-13 07:52:45

I've been given another hospital appointment, which is weird. I've got my booking in at the end of feb, the nuchal in mid march and now another one.

The letter doesn't say why, and it's on a Sunday confused with obstetrics. Also, it's earlier than the other two. Will have to ring and find out what's going on!

Anybody else had an appointment with an obstetrician before their booking appointment?

andadietcoke Tue 05-Feb-13 08:02:22

Dorita I'm with you. 9w today, and even though I've seen two heartbeats I can't stop thinking it's all going to go wrong (again). Every ache and twinge and I'm convinced it's vanishing twin syndrome. Then I worry about the other one. The next few weeks can't go quickly enough!!

TripleRock Tue 05-Feb-13 08:47:44

Day off work with my DD today, just cuddled up on the sofa in our dressing gowns watching cbeebies!

Keeping nausea at bay with constant munching of carbs atm, dreading being weighed at my booking appointment on Monday! Also had a little kip in my car yesterday lunchtime!

We spent the weekend with various family members and still managed not to spill the beans! We don't want DD to know just yet, but also want her to be the first to know, so got to keep secrets a while longer yet.

jemimahpuddleduck Tue 05-Feb-13 08:57:46

Morning All

A little worried this morning as have had some brown tinged CM so off to the docs this morning. Has anyone else had this?

This thread is not accepting new messages.