Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013 - fretting our way through the first trimester

(1000 Posts)
KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 13:38:51

Created as other thread filling up!

CrikeeThree Mon 04-Feb-13 12:09:51

Just signing in, so that I'm on the new thread.
Still queasy/pukey, still off work, still feeling sorry for self, but won't write any more about that, as I'm beginning to bore even myself with it all!!

The poo talk is making me giggle. Not a symptom I've experienced.... yet.... just the constant puking... oh joy!

Eek this is number 3 for me, and I remember not seeing the MW/GP very often even for number one.... think it really changes depending on where you are.
I'll be consultant-led this time so, like creamtea1 , I'll be having annoying chats with whichever consultant happens to be there on the day I have an appointment at the hospital.
I find them quite frustrating, if I'm honest (had them in pregnancy no.2). They never seem to have time, or to listen to you... and they treat you as if you know nothing at all and have no right to an opinion
(I understand that it must be annoying if patients try to second-guess stuff, but I don't! I just want them to explain stuff to me "properly" and not just expect me to accept everything they say as read... anyway....!!)

Wibblytummy Mon 04-Feb-13 12:44:35

Ooh another new thread already! Marking my place really. Nothing exciting in this household, other than my unrelenting exhaustion! DS1 is teething with his back molars too so that's just a treat. Booking in went all well, was a little sad it wasn't my lovely community midwife from last time but apparently she is in the unit now so may see her come birth time! Am going to be consultant led this time round though as my very long DS came out over 10lb. She said I may get a few extra scans so that'll be great!

KamikazeeKid Mon 04-Feb-13 13:09:46

Ooo creamtea you have a lot to answer for....I read your post with a mouthful of juice in......the guy that sits opposite now has it on his glasses!!!

3 week countdown to scan for me. I'll be 11+2 I thought that might be too early.

Interesting to see above reports on consultant led care....I'm apprehensive about birth due to hospital mistakes last time nearly losing me my boy and also the almighty cock up with my epidural. ...

KamikazeeKid Mon 04-Feb-13 13:12:44

Can someone enlighten me as to what to expect at consultant appts?

Im considering a section following emerg section last time but not decided and not ruling out attempt at vbac
Although the thought of natural birth scares me more....bloody smarts a bit from what I did experience last time!!

MrsMc82 Mon 04-Feb-13 13:58:29

If anyone asks its bean who wants me to have crisps and skittles for lunch ok? Its not me
...... that s all! grin

fl0b0t Mon 04-Feb-13 14:01:08

Sorry for brief subject change- anyone got a pet that's being funny? My cat cannot stay off my (non-existant) bump. He's not really a lap cat but loves sitting with all his paws on my womb and bladder at the moment! He is so funny!

Anyone else a Blogger?

Creamtea1 Mon 04-Feb-13 14:22:03

Ha ha kamikaze re juice on colleagues glasses smile

Re consultant apps, I think all it means is that you have 3 appts at hospital (12, 20 and 30 something) with a random consultant about your risk factors and monitoring them etc, but you still have your normal appts with your midwife to do your blood pressure, wee check, measuring etc. so as mine is because of pre eclampsia before I guess that later on it will be the consultants decision whether to do anything special (ie induce etc) rather than being left to midwives.

Got a pounding headache today, guess maybe I over exerted myself with the mega poo!

Whyriskit Mon 04-Feb-13 14:42:02

Kamikazee - was in exactly the same position as you with my last preg. Consultant appt just consisted of talking through the options and making a plan.

SGJ Mon 04-Feb-13 14:49:00

Congrats, Creamtea! I'm clearly feeling sympathy delivery pain as I too have a pounding headache and extreme tiredness. Finally my killer cold is easing off though and I'm back to experiencing pg symptoms again, whoop!
Bit gutted though, my sister's Doppler is in for a service, so no heartbeat for me today, boo.
Oooh, advert for Graze Box on telly - now off to buy fibrous goodies...

Kittenkatzen Mon 04-Feb-13 14:50:04

Arf at all the poo talk and resultant juice spitting! grin

kamikazee 3 weeks scan countdown starts tomorrow for me - I'll be 11+5 which I also thought was a bit early but I guess not!

fl0b0t yes one of my cats is being all weird with me too - she's always been affectionate but just lately she wants to cuddle up to my tummy every time I sit down! The last few days I've even woken up to find her snuggled under the duvet next to me! Bless smile

Kittenkatzen Mon 04-Feb-13 14:51:23

SGJ my favourite part of the working week is Monday morning when my Graze box gets delivered grin

Creamtea1 Mon 04-Feb-13 15:55:58

SJG I love graze boxes, formulated quite an addiction and had to step away...realised that engineering my preferences so it was always honeycomb flapjacks, Belgian chocolate and raisins, and apple and toffee sauce arriving wasn't actually that healthy! But soo yummy and certainly fibre-liscious smile
My 12 week scan is 3 weeks today...literally the month of jan was the slowest month in history, presume feb will be the same.

loubeebaby Mon 04-Feb-13 17:17:11

Hi Girlies.....Ive been AWOL for a while due to sh*tty work training course and exam etc.
So sad to see some of us have hopped off the bus. Sending big hugs to all.
Have had a good chuckle at the poo situ....have had that symptom slightly but nothing as bad as a 2lb'er!!
Had my booking in appointment, they said there was a slight trace of protein in my urine..!!? but when I phoned for results......receptionist said....very unconveniencly that all test results were normal with no action to be taken. Really hope this is not an early sign on pre-eclampsia :-(
Morning sickness seems to have passed now....touchwood....and energy levels seem to be on the rise! Thank the lord!! 10+5 today....2nd trimester here we come!
Have got nuchal scan in 2 weeks. Very nervous as my uncle was Down's bless him.....and I know I couldnt cope if I was told high risk.
Great to hear all your updates x

CheeseStrawCraving Mon 04-Feb-13 18:09:09

Marking my place. Hello everyone! hetty my mum said she threw up on the day she found out she was preggers with my oldest sis, then was fine. I've been largely fine too. She also said that (like us) they were the first in their group to have kids, so when the doc asked her to bring in a urine sample, she managed to turn up with a 2ltr bottle half full as she didn't know how much they wanted> they didn't say anything at the time... I giggled so hard when she told me that I wee'd a little bit. Hehehehehe.

Hope you're all having a great, non-sicky, positive day. Just counting down the (very slow) days until my scan on 25th Feb. So come on, which lucky so and so has the earliest scan date here??

NHS rant alert!!

Called the hospital to check they'd went me out a scan/booking in date and they've no record of receiving my referral from my midwife. I called my midwife and she said she would fax it again and I should call them back in the afternoon to check they've received it.

So when I call back they said they still haven't got it. Arg!! Either my midwife is useless or the hospital are useless angryangryangry

Rosyisgonnabeamummy Mon 04-Feb-13 18:17:09

Loubeebaby - I think we are sharing the same due date :-)
I'm going to be consultant led, not due to my mental health history but for my high BMI. A joke!!
I love juice over colleague. Well done!!
I used to have graze boxes but found the healthy ones never got eaten.

I have roast chicken for dinner ...... Mmmmmm

CheeseStrawCraving Mon 04-Feb-13 18:19:28

Ooh is anybody on a device that can copy and paste our latest stats list over to the new thread?

Dorita75 Mon 04-Feb-13 18:19:36

Ah mrsmc82 I want skittles now!!

Cheese I haven't even got a date for my scan yet so will probably be near the end of your list! Booking in on 13th when I'll be 9+5 so hopefully won't be too much longer after that.

CheeseStrawCraving Mon 04-Feb-13 18:26:59

Dear lord - now we pretty much have everybody for Sept, it will be a lovely milestone to get everyone past the first scan, then we can move on the the next set of worries!

Doc just rang following my booking in, apparently I have 'bacteria in my urine', which means three days of antibiotics sad. Still, if that's the only results that have come back as a worry that's pretty good going I'd say, spesh as I have zero symptoms of said infection.

Hit 9w today so feeling pretty positive, anyone else having a good day?

Eeeknumber3 Mon 04-Feb-13 18:29:46

Afternoon ladies...oooo creamtea congratulations and jubilations on mission 'bum buster'...I had a similar experience yesterday, most satisfying and oh the relief!
creamtea and crikee I expect I'll be consultant led too at Macclesfield as I have been the last two babies. Due to the fact they are fixated with a Deep Vein Thrombosis in my early 20's (36 now), which was a direct result of an injury, making me no more predisposed to DVT's than any other person?! But hey ho, means I get a bit more attention, I did insist I didn't need the Clexane (sp?) jabs (blood thinning) with number 1 though, and they seemed to listen...never bothered asking me with number two! They also enjoyed scaring me to death both times that I was having 12lb to 13lb babies (was enormous), DS1 was 9lb and DD2 was 8lb 5oz?!

Babyboo79 Mon 04-Feb-13 18:37:00

I apologise in advance for my rant, but I feel the need to share!!

A close friend and colleague of mine returned to work today after a long holiday. She is the only person I have told that I am pregnant. After having a face to face conversation with her in the office she emailed me to say that she had Rubella while away and may still be contagious....shock queue total freak out by moi!

I had a quick read on nhs & if I caught it there would be a 90% chance of the baby having multiple defects as I am only 8 weeks!

I called the midwife as soon as I got home & thankfully I have the antibodies but she still advised me to avoid her until safe..... Needles to say, i shall be working from home for the next few days!

KamikazeeKid Mon 04-Feb-13 18:45:10

With DS I never got angry or hormonal but this pregnancy I feel close to injuring my hubby for deliberately being fking annoying. Im not even 9 weeks in....he best watch himself

frogchops Mon 04-Feb-13 18:45:46

Anyone been prescribed higher dose of folic acid?? My dr has out me on 500mg, duno why. Also have a water infection, so a weeks worth of anti biotics :-( have booking in on 13th, and I see lots of others have too!!

andadietcoke Mon 04-Feb-13 18:47:16

Anyone who's had consultant led care before...

I've had an appt through today for an antenatal appt at the hospital a week tomorrow - I'll only be ten weeks then so it seems a bit premature. Is this normal? No mention of a scan or anything; it just says it may be a two hour appt. I've also had a date through for my GTT in June. Could the antenatal clinic appt actually be the fatty nutrition appt the mw mentioned? Confused!!

andadietcoke Mon 04-Feb-13 18:49:01

frogchops yep, I'm on 5mg folic acid. I think it's because my BMI is over 30.

This thread is not accepting new messages.