Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

September 2013 - fretting our way through the first trimester

(1000 Posts)
KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 13:38:51

Created as other thread filling up!

Kilkers Wed 13-Feb-13 22:46:43

Can I have a share of the poo crown please?!

kimjayne Wed 13-Feb-13 22:55:27

Oh my god.... Jolanta on One Born didn't get much air time did she? Bloody hell. It takes me longer than that to do a number 2!

kimjayne Wed 13-Feb-13 22:55:56

Especially at the moment!

CheeseStrawCraving Wed 13-Feb-13 23:02:53

Hehehehe! Is anybody giving birth at this particular hospital (on One Born...)?

I mean, the midwives seem lovely, but I'm not sure I'd trust one or two of them to deliver my baby.... Or is it just me?!

Well done on all the poo action peeps, good work.

CheeseStrawCraving Wed 13-Feb-13 23:03:21

So sorry to hear your news Total thanks

Kittenkatzen Thu 14-Feb-13 07:50:58

Loving the poo and food status updates that this thread seems to have become grin

Had to do a pub quiz last night with friends - dinner consisted of a pint of lime & soda and some crisps. Consequently I am HANK BLOODY MARVIN this morning and currently eating sour jelly beans on the train to work - you should see the looks I'm getting haha!

frogchops Thu 14-Feb-13 08:06:46

This thread makes me grin
Am I the only one not battling for any type of custody of the poo crown, things are just fine in that dept, touch wood. Maybe that's a bad thing? Oh god another thing to stress about hmm
Am gona get humous today smileand maybe a carrot or two.

Kilkers Thu 14-Feb-13 08:46:58

frog please don't worry because you're not constipated, it's horrible and you're very lucky!

Kittenkatzen Thu 14-Feb-13 10:00:36

I'm not constipated either frog.....sorry everyone else grin

EmmaDee Thu 14-Feb-13 10:13:10

I get a share of the crown!! Thank goodness! That'll be the ridiculous amount of fruit I munched yesterday oh and maybe the Guinness!

Total that's horrible news hope your being looked after, take care.

Beginning to panic about my booking appointment haven't received any letter yet, maybe it's slower in northern Ireland?

jemimahpuddleduck Thu 14-Feb-13 10:16:34

Me neither more regular if anything. Am 9+6 today and have been feeling better for the past 3 days even started eating properly yesterday which is a relief hopefully the weight gain can slow down now! Still mega hungry all the time but managing fruit insted of chocolate and crisps.

Is anyone else waking up in the middle of the night starving?

jm233 Thu 14-Feb-13 10:18:53

Star husband surprised me with a voucher for a preggy massage this morning! I was absolutely shocked as was more expecting a rushed bunch of flowers on his way home from work... I think this baby has gone to his head!

In other news, today was the first time I was actually physically sick! It was absolutely pathetic- almost like my body did it to prove a point! A 50p size splodge of grape juice... At least I tried...

jennimoo Thu 14-Feb-13 10:19:35

I've not been constipated since I had the vomiting bug nearly 3 weeks ago.

Just got back from 12 week scan and all is well. Brought EDD forward so now due 26th Aug so 12 +3 already.

DH and I are both feeling really poorly today. Thankfully we don't have to pick DD up from the childminder til lunchtime so can relax a bit first.

juniper904 Thu 14-Feb-13 10:37:27

To carry on the theme of too much information and body fluids, has anybody else got thrush? I'm worried it could be a sign of gestational diabetes as I tick every one of the symptons (apart from blurry vision) although I'm not high risk. My bmi is about 20, I think.

cortneyfigel95 Thu 14-Feb-13 10:58:03

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

andadietcoke Thu 14-Feb-13 11:02:27

Yay jennimoo how exciting. Does it all feel a bit more real now?! Hope you feel better soon though...

jennimoo Thu 14-Feb-13 11:13:28

It feels real now we've told the world! Nice not to have to hide how rotten I feel. Looking forward to feeling kicks now. Felt them about 13 weeks last time (I have rubbish tummy muscles!)

I also had a nice scan! Only measuring 10 weeks but they didn't give me a due date. Can anyone work it out?

Got another scan on 12th of march. So relieved!!

jm233 Thu 14-Feb-13 12:30:17

Ooh I wanna know what the banned message was! How does MN know...?

jennimoo that's amazing- super jealous, really can't wait for that!

LexyMa Thu 14-Feb-13 12:35:11

I had an interesting dream last night... Involved naming this DC - I have a handful of names in my head already that I want to use if a girl, and a smaller handful for a boy. I my dream I tookthe tactic of suggesting my second preference first to DH so that the first wouldn't be as odd, once he'd understood the theme. By instead of me saying the next name, he immediately came back with, "hmm maybe, but how about [name2]?"

Slightly weird, I know, but I had had a seriously weepy evening - burst into tears at absolutely nothing, and couldn't stop. Realised I obviously needed a big cry, so got into bed with the ipad and watched Sunday's Call The Midwife, but then couldn't stop crying still, real shoulder-shaking uncontrollable sobbing stuff. Had to get DH to come and cuddle me and tell me boring things like about contents insurance so I didn't cry any more.

Am working at home today, going to drive to the shops and get something treat-like for lunch. A great big pastie probably. DH has got to work and dropped his car key somewhere between the car and the office so I might have to go and rescue him later. Which of us is supposed to have preg head?!?

andadietcoke Thu 14-Feb-13 12:35:19

girlwiththeyellowhat I'm 10w tomorrow and due on the 13th. Although that's off ov dates. My mw thinks I'm due on the 7th, but that's down to a bit of a WTF cycle post miscarriage. Scan matched my dates.

Glad everything's okay. So jealous of these 'proper' scans! smile

Eeeknumber3 Thu 14-Feb-13 12:35:31

Oooo hello ladies, my BF has been so understanding about the hen ŵeekend, she says I can take a book and go to bed for the whole weekend if I like, she just wants me there! She had also promised to massage my manky feet and feed me Percy pigs, she did this at the end of my last pregnancy! True friend. In other news, I have just scoffed a triple chicken and bacon sandwich and a bottle of irn bru. Lovely!
So sorry to hear your sad news total, take care of yourself x

Eeeknumber3 Thu 14-Feb-13 12:37:47

Does anyone have names, I can only think of girls names, is this a sign? Never found out sex of baby when I was having DS and I did just know he was a boy, was utterly convinced, had no girls names. Found out sex with DD. dunno what we'll do this time?

Eeeknumber3 Thu 14-Feb-13 12:41:49

juniper I've got horrid thrush! I keep treating it, but it comes back. I always seem to end up being suspected with gestational diabetes in pregnancy, as I get HUGE! Last time it was all just water in the end! I have had to have glucose tolerance tests with both pregnancies and always just end up borderline! I didn't know you could develop it til later on?

jemimahpuddleduck Thu 14-Feb-13 12:42:32

JM it was just a post with a link advertising how you can make money nothing exciting.

lexy DH telling you about contents insurance made me smile.

I'm also 10 weeks tomorrow and due on the 13th according to early scan last week that put me 2 days forward, will be confirmed at my 12 week scan on the 4th.

This thread is not accepting new messages.