Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

September 2013 - fretting our way through the first trimester

(1000 Posts)
KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 13:38:51

Created as other thread filling up!

batfuttocks Mon 11-Feb-13 21:54:45

So fed up! Nearly twelve weeks and still feeling sick. My tummy looks like I'm twenty weeks, I am convinced if I could JUST POO (pleeaase god) it would all feel so much better.

What's worse is the kids have sensed my weakness and are playing up.

andadietcoke Mon 11-Feb-13 22:13:35

ami that's brilliant! Yay!!! Must be a massive relief.

I'm with you on the scan too. Mine's at 13w. Feels so far away!!

kimjayne Mon 11-Feb-13 22:32:49

Im trying not to let the MIL telling my mate thing eat me up inside too much. Just keep telling myself she was just really excited. She probably just didn't think until it was too late.
Now im just becoming increasingly nervous that too many people know and I've jinxed it. It's still so early! Im only 10 wks 2 days.
Amiready - you must be so relieved to have the contract sorted. I know how you feel about the extra week of waiting for your scan. Mine is on the 28th which is 13 weeks. It's killing me having to wait.

CheeseStrawCraving Mon 11-Feb-13 23:54:56

Poo crown stolen! [waves poo crown ecstatically above head with smug grin on face] grin

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Tue 12-Feb-13 00:27:26

Anyone else with 12 week/nuchal scans coming up this week and having kittens about it ?

jennimoo Tue 12-Feb-13 04:58:35

Mine scans Thursday. Not really stressing as so full of cold / cough I can't sleep sad

MeanMrsMustard Tue 12-Feb-13 07:00:08

Mine is a week today. I thought this was going to be a horrible week work wise, but I've had some deadlines relaxed and yesterday's observation went really well. Other than a parents evening tonight it's turned into a rather straight forward week and Friday is half term so I'm finally feeling happy and excited about the scan.

I have a question about telling people. I haven't told my family, but am seeing my mum to share the hopefully good news the day after scan and PIL a few days later. However my brother is now doing a flying visit over from Europe, leaving early on the evening of the scan. I will be seeing him, alongside my mum a few days before my appointment but not after. The next time I'm likely to see him in person is probably May. There is potentially time to see him straight after the scan, but I am loathe to arrange something incase we get bad news and I just want to go home and cry. So despite having seen him on one of our rare meet ups just days before, it looks like he will be finding out by phone.
Do you think that's mean? Should I try and tell him face to face?
To make it slightly more complicated I think he and his girlfriend are trying for a baby, or if not are regretting not being in a situation where they can. Also Dbro was quite upset and insulted when my gran took it upon herself to announce my engagement to him a few years ago. Even though I had tried to contact him several times (he'd kept on fobbing me off) and blabber mouth gran was not part of any plan, it still took quite a bit to smooth it over.
You know what? I probably just need to be told I'm being way too precious about this!

Sorry about yet another long and indulgent post! Hope sickness is better for you all today. I'm 12+2 today and having good and bad days.

LexyMa Tue 12-Feb-13 07:26:58

I've told my brother already, difference is that he is in Afghanistan and won't be back until the end of March when probably everyone will know. So I thought it was good that there was one thing that he knows before almost everybody else.

Eeeknumber3 Tue 12-Feb-13 07:48:58

Have extreme nausea again this morning...bleurgh. Also pooped (bad choice of phrase), as DS1 age 6 has been awake all night with streaming runs. He got in bed with DH and I and pooped in our bed at 2am, poor little sod, he was mortified...'I thought it was just a trump', oh well, we all learn that lesson sometime! One of lovely mummies from school taking DD in, age 4, so DS and I are going to vegetate on sofa after she's gone. I'll be on here lots today...oh and cheesestraw I feel I may have the poo crown sooner than I'd like confused

kimjayne Tue 12-Feb-13 09:41:16

First attack of baby brain struck this morning. I filled in my prescription exemption form at the doctors as my maiden name! Had to cross it out and write my married name next to.a big scribble. Looks like a child filled it in. I don't even know if they will be able to use the bloody form now! What a pleb.
On a more positive more, im feeling less sick today (touch wood)! It's a bitter sweet feeling though. Almost makes me worry where my sickness has gone? And why it's gone?

jm233 Tue 12-Feb-13 09:43:50

I've just reached a whole new low... The second I got out to walk my dogs this morning I realised I was desperate for a wee... So about 40 minutes into our river walk I realised I simply wasn't going to make it any longer- I basically had to climb up a steep spikey hill using my hands to hold onto things to get to the only leafy bush I could see for miles. The relief was immense but was quickly marred by the judging looks of people walking past on the path as i came down, who probably realised there is only one reason for someone to be up there! I really am ashamed of myself... Damn you preggers bladder! blush

fl0b0t Tue 12-Feb-13 10:41:35

Haha updates have made me giggle smile

lexyma I'm the same with throat things. Anyone else got.s mucussy throat which makes them gag? sad

I also am seeing my uterus sticking out a little. much lower than I thought!

BinarySolo Tue 12-Feb-13 10:53:54

Should have carried a poo bag jm then you'd have just looked like a responsible dog owner!

jm233 Tue 12-Feb-13 10:54:25

Yes! I am seriously full of mucus! Yuck!

When am I getting this glowing complexion people who obviously have never been pregnant keep banging on about?! So far I am sick, tired, bloated, spotty, developed eczema around my nose and have a bladder the size of a pea! I demand some nice things asap!

rumtumtugger Tue 12-Feb-13 11:33:55

Hi all, I've got an early private scan booked for today at the Fetal Medical Centre in London. I'll be 7+5 so will it be a transvaginal scan or a normal tummy scan? I suppose what I'm asking is: do I need to tidy up my bikini line?! wink

jennimoo Tue 12-Feb-13 11:41:38

I think at 7+5 they'd do a normal ultrasound, but will depend on you I expect. I've had 2 at about 8 weeks and both were external.

andadietcoke Tue 12-Feb-13 12:10:08

Mine at 8 was a dildo cam. Maybe because I'd had bleeding and they can see better what's gone on? There was no discussion or options, just a matter of fact statement and a consent form to sign.

andadietcoke Tue 12-Feb-13 12:11:29

I am also snotty and spotty. Such a good look!

fl0b0t Tue 12-Feb-13 12:12:17

At 7 weeks, mine was external. Don't worry about bikini line, they've seen it all before!

CheeseStrawCraving Tue 12-Feb-13 12:58:18

jm my thoughts exactly. I just walked in to dad's and he said "Christ you look white, are you ok?". Yes, I'm just pregnant. Can't wait for the famous second trimester, I am expecting to look like a goddess in about 3 weeks.

CheeseStrawCraving Tue 12-Feb-13 12:59:12

Ps mine was external at 7+3, but I did my bikini line just in case...

Creamtea1 Tue 12-Feb-13 13:54:14

Chuckling at all the funny updates, sympathy to all of us still suffering.
I'm spotty too and blatant fat tummy, no longer able to suck it in. 10+5 today. Told my boss at work as redundancies due soon so wanted to get in there with the news - I know it's playing the system but feel a bit like they will have to be extra careful if they want to try and get rid of me. He was great about it anyway.
I too am on day 2 of no nausea....would be suspicious but hoping I'm lucky to be getting past it early ish and boobs are size of small villages and very hurty so that's a good sign still.
1 pancake down so far smile (with fruit, healthy)

badguider Tue 12-Feb-13 13:57:41

ami - congrats on the contract!

mustard - how about calling your bro straight out of the scan if all is good news and then he can maybe see you for a quick 'congrats' before he flies. If there are any concerns then put yourselves first and don't worry about telling him later by phone.

We haven't told anybody and have decided to tell the skiing friends at skiing then the monday we're back is the scan (12+5), then we'll tell parents but they don't know our skiing friends so we're not going to let the parents know that the skiing friends already knew. Sneaky... but needs must.
Parents would want to think they were first... but skiing friends have to know so I can avoid dodgy french cheeses and raw eggs and meat as well as wine (we've skiied together for over ten years so no fooling them).

I'm 9+6 today and started feeling a lot better a couple of days ago. I think I said before I'm forcing down 2.5L a day of water (flavoured with lime cordial as it's not too sweet) and it's made a HUGE difference.

Went to preggy yoga for the first time this morning. It was fab. Just three of us - me at 10wks, a girl at 7wks and one early in third trimester. We worked on our backs, shoulders, hips, arms and legs and it felt really good.

Kittenkatzen Tue 12-Feb-13 14:10:49

badguider you're just one day ahead of me smile and thanks for the reminder to get off my lardy butt and do something about finding a preg yoga class....random googling isn't working for me, think i'm going to have to put some effort in!

Funny stories are making me laugh this morning - jm i think I'd wiped my hands on my jeans and winked at the starers, just for kicks grin

sharni20 Tue 12-Feb-13 14:16:43

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

This thread is not accepting new messages.