Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

September 2013 - fretting our way through the first trimester

(1000 Posts)
KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 13:38:51

Created as other thread filling up!

andadietcoke Sun 03-Feb-13 13:57:12

Marking my place smile

HettySunshine Sun 03-Feb-13 13:58:00

Good work kamikazee. Just marking my place. smile

Kilkers Sun 03-Feb-13 14:04:33

Me too!

SGJ Sun 03-Feb-13 14:16:41

Hello shiny new thread!
Kamikazee, what a nightmare! Has she removed the post now? I would be livid too.
We still haven't told anyone yet except my sister & BIL, if we were to mc I wouldn't necessarily tell people right away, so the more people know pre-12 weeks, the more I'd feel I'd have to worry about them, if the worst happened, rather than worry about us - if that makes sense?!
I'm sure my mum and other sister suspect though, as we've always said we would have this approx age gap but thankfully they know not to ask!
Scan is Feb 22nd so holding out until then. Will be 12+3.

MrsMc82 Sun 03-Feb-13 14:54:02

Marking my place too smile

Eeeknumber3 Sun 03-Feb-13 14:58:13

hello, oops just wrote big post in old thread, won't copy and paste as was basically a rant anyway! After complaining about not having symptoms, I am now ready to barf at inappropriate moments. I feel particularly queasy right now, but could be to do with the whole bag of Werthers caramel chocs I just troughed, highly recommended. Went in poundland on fri and spent £15 on chocolate alone, I appear to have an 'issue'...normally can take it or leave the stuff wink

MrsMc82 Sun 03-Feb-13 15:16:38

kamikaze - sorry to hear abt your Mil being so indiscreet what a PITA!

I hd private scan on Fri and am about 10 days behind my lmp dates so oonly 7 weeks tomorrow and not 8+ but Im not worried, there was a wee bean in there with a strong litter heart beat so that's all that matters. .... not quite as reassured by early scan as last time tho as with ds I was def 8+ weeks so ws 98% that all will be ok whereas this early it's only 80/85% but I kind of suspect ed that I'd ovd pretty late so its not a surprise - just wish I'd waited that bit longer so the 80pounds was better spent!..... and with ds we could see a baby a very weeny baby but not just a bean!...... tho to be fair it did still make it feel real and the relief when she showed the heart beat was amazing! ........

Feeling exhausted this weekend tho still no sickness. .... just knackered! Dh being ace tho and taken on housewife duties today...... he and ds made hash browns for breakfast and yummy soup for lunch!!

Creamtea1 Sun 03-Feb-13 15:28:58

Hi all, marking place
Am quite frankly sick of friends just asking me outright 'are you pregnant' at any given moment. I haven't put on lots of weight and you can't tell, they are just so nosey. I missed a night out and all I got was the third degree from all of them. I know when I do tell them in a couple of weeks they are going to have the hump because I've lied to them. I'm being forced into telling them at 11 weeks as there's a night out and I can't deal with the interrogation again (and any oh you're so boring comments re driving) - that means I will have to tell them before my own DCs, brother, family etc and ask them to keep it to themselves for a week until the scan. I don't trust them 100% to do that and have visions of DCs coming back from school having been told by other kids...

juniper904 Sun 03-Feb-13 15:33:23

MrsMc82 where are your stats from? Are you saying that at 7 weeks, it's 85% chance of continuing, then 98% by 8 weeks?

I've been looking online and reading my dp's medical textbooks trying to find percentage chances so would be really interested to know.

I'm tempted to have a private scan. My sister had an ectopic due to endometritois and I have suspected endometritois. Don't know when my first scan will be- I have a midwife appointment at the end of feb (when ill be 10+4) then the nuchal scan at 12+1. Don't know if the feb appointment will also be a scan.

KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 15:47:17

Creamtea your mates sound like mine withmy DS....used to wind me up. They are all saying how this years going to be great cos of all the non baby stuff we can do but about to wreck that girls holiday lol as its due date! Don't get me wrong I enjoy a night out but they dont have kids nor do they want them so dont understand that my weekends are precious family time as I work FT....plus im still catching up on savings having had over a year off!
Priorities change and they soon learn!
Plus you gain lots of understanding spew covered friends :-)

KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 15:48:53

Ps not sure whats worse. ...no ones asking me if preg just assuming im fat. ....which actually is the case! Eating constantly to cure nausea.

badguider Sun 03-Feb-13 15:53:51

Hi new thread.
So I'm about to embark on three very tough days at work - a five hour train journey to London. Two days work then a five hour journey back arriving at 11:30. Back on the train at 7am the next morning for a four hour journey in the opposite direction and back again that same day!!!!
I'm beginning to wonder if its possible to just die of exhaustion??
We haven't told anybody yet. We're skiing in wk 12 then scan the first Monday back. Will have to tell skiing friends. We were going to tell parents before we went but now I'm thinking I'd rather not. I just don't feel I can deal with all the hugs and excitement till I know for sure it's ok in there. Think DH wants to tell the mums. Will need to have a chat.

Creamtea1 Sun 03-Feb-13 15:57:52

Lol kamikaze same here - constant eating to keep sickness away! But good time of year to hide it anyway. It's mainly my older friends who are being annoying, as they are all 'so over' the baby phase OR will be v jealous as would secretly love another dc but OH's have overruled or friend themselves are too old. I work FT too which at the moment is handy for avoiding them all, work people wouldn't notice anything even if I shaved my head and turned up looking 9 months gone!
I'm still in my normal jeans but can't wear a belt anymore as it digs in, I'm 10 weeks on thurs.

Someone else said they peeked at August thread - bad idea, they're all worrying even more than we are!

KamikazeeKid Sun 03-Feb-13 16:28:06

Yep that was me....don't recommend that thread at all!!!

Funny enough I wonder if the same guy who sussed me last time suspects again. Annoyed tho as was most probably down to me looking washed out by a cold but I was wrapping myself up and he gave me THAT look

Kittenkatzen Sun 03-Feb-13 16:30:21

Ooh shiny new fred smile

We just told my parents...my mum squealed, grabbed me in something that was half hug and half headlock and then jumped up & down confused My dad cried bless him grin

We've asked them not to tell anyone else (other siblings etc) as we want to keep quiet until after the scan. It's booked for 3 weeks Tuesday so not too long for them to keep shtum. Fingers crossed!

andadietcoke Sun 03-Feb-13 16:39:40

Oh Kitten that's so lovely smile

We're going for dinner in an hour and since I haven't thrown up yet today we're going to take the scan photos with us in case we have to explain away any extended bathroom visits!!

cravingformilk Sun 03-Feb-13 17:14:15

Hi juniper

I came across this last week when looking for some stats. The info is about 3/4 of the way down, HTH. (This is my first attempt at a link so fingers crossed it works)

www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/information/ultrasound-scans/

So sorry to read of those who have had such sad news.

We've told a fair few people already, (but not the world). I'm the sort of person who wears my heart on my sleeve and if the worst was to happen I suspect I would want to talk about it. I've also told work because of health and safety issues relating to my job. Sadly there is one person we haven't told...our DS. I would love to tell him but he's too young to understand if things didn't work out and also it's just too long for him to wait, 8 months seems forever to me so only knows what it would feel like to him!

Anyone have any ideas when you'll tell you're DC? I was thinking 20 weeks ish? confused

Poonli Sun 03-Feb-13 17:14:44

Marking my place

amiready Sun 03-Feb-13 17:17:22

oh - I've just found you lot after still posting on the old thread! There are still a few slots over there - you guys are quick off the mark!

What's funny is that there is now an October 2013 thread - so we have pretty much completed our bus! Or at least apart from the odd newcomers who are out there and haven't realised they are pregnant yet....

I just took a look at the August 2013 thread too - after a few people mentioned it - they are all talking about the nuchal scanning! Get a bit jealous that they are further on and all having their dating scans etc. Roll on the 1st of March...

We still haven't told anyone our news - going to keep trying with the doppler at work and then maybe tell a few close people if I hear a heartbeat. Also still having real contract nightmares with work and would really like that sorted before I can be all happy and smiley about it all. Here's hoping SO much that it gets sorted this week and I can stop with the sleepless nights worrying about it....

frogchops Sun 03-Feb-13 17:20:36

Just marking my place here....hope everyone's feeling ok, or not ok depending on how you feel about symptoms! I for one would live to be sick!! Is that strange? Lol.

frogchops Sun 03-Feb-13 17:21:20

* love to be sick......not live. Obviously, crap phone.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sun 03-Feb-13 17:26:41

I'm 10+1 today and according to the midwife's records I'm 12+1 (going by LMP, long cycle). But I haven't yet received my scan letter yet and getting a bit worried now.

ZombiesAreClammyDodgers Sun 03-Feb-13 17:27:58

Anyone else who's reached about this time and still not had the scan appointment fixed?

jennimoo Sun 03-Feb-13 17:57:07

Zombie - you should call and hassle them tomorrow! I had that first time, got to 11 weeks and no scan date and moving at exactly 12 weeks so very stressed and spent aged on phone to solicitors about move and midwives/hospital about scan and got it scheduled for the following week. I've got my letter and scan is less than 2 weeks away (exactly 12 weeks)so not too long a wait round here I don't think.

This thread is not accepting new messages.