Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due around Valentines day thread

(78 Posts)
iamwhaticallpregnant Sun 27-Jan-13 16:45:54

Hi ladies - I am due on the 12th of February. Just wondering if anyone on here is due around that time (Valentines Day time)? Say 5 days either side - ish?

I thought it would be nice to start a thread so
1/ we could just count down the days together (relieve the boredom)
2/ we could share our thoughts and worries and ailments
3/ we could announce news of our labours / baby's arrivals

I am based in Leeds, due 12th Feb with first baby - boy, terrified about labour, currently battling crippling acid reflux and indigestion and stabbing pains in my fanjo. 17 days to go and counting down the seconds.

JOIN ME brew

Nicky1306 Tue 29-Jan-13 14:03:11

I'm the same looks like I have a massive stick on Velcro bump! grin I also get people talking at my bump now rather than actually looking at my face! X

iamwhaticallpregnant Tue 29-Jan-13 14:33:48

same here. From the back / (or front depending on what I am wearing sometimes) you can't tell I am pregnant - then i turn to the side I wipe out hundreds of people with my jutting out belly! It is rock hard too. People can really really tell I am pregnant now.

LazyMachine Tue 29-Jan-13 14:38:38

Mine's rock solid, too. It's so weird - almost as though we're in a constant state of Braxton Hicks. Do you all keep knocking into things with your bump? For the past two weeks or so it seems like all spatial awareness of my belly has gone out the window!

Ha! I am quite large anyway, so it's only in the last few weeks that other people can really see I'm pregnant at all! Now I'm in full waddle mode it's a bit more obvious but even so it's a bit silly.

Actually had some energy today so made the most of it. Not every day that that happens.

iamwhaticallpregnant Tue 29-Jan-13 17:21:59

yes i am the same Lazy - feel like I am in a constant state of BHs as stomach is always hard. Anyone else feeling nauseas all the time too? And increased heartburn? Feel really sick all day.

IWantToGoToThere Tue 29-Jan-13 17:26:10

Hi all, it looks like I've just scraped in on the '5 days either side' criteria as I'm due on the 9th. This will be DS2 and I'm very excited - probably more excited than I was the first time around as I know what's coming!

I'm currently 38+3 and had a MW appointment last week where I was measuring 39.5 already. Apparently 3cm over and 2cm under is within the normal range so I'm not too worried, but I'm hoping he's not going to be too big. DS was 10 days overdue and 7lb 15oz so I'm kind of hoping I'll be a bit early and baby won't be quite so big...

I feel absolutely enormous but quite like the comments and smiles I'm getting as I walk around town. This is the last one for us, so I'm enjoying the attention while I can!

bangersmashandbeans Tue 29-Jan-13 18:09:42

I've got so clumsy with my bump too! The worst one is that I keep shutting the car door on it shock Seriously ouch! I have a much neater bump this time round, with dd1 I had PE so was swollen everywhere but this time it's pretty much all bump. DD1 was only 5lb 11oz so who knows how big this one will be! I don't care I just want them here safely NOW!!

mushymoo Thu 31-Jan-13 00:33:00

Anyone else completely lost the ability to sleep yet? Definitely wasn't expecting this - haven't slept for 36 hours! Getting very cranky sad and dying to meet baby!

bangersmashandbeans Thu 31-Jan-13 02:20:01

Yes me! Had a total meltdown yesterday and just cried for about an hour for absolutely no reason at all other than sheer exhaustion. sad

Mixxy Thu 31-Jan-13 08:11:34

Well it's 3.08am here in New York and I'm not even slightly tired enough to sleep. Will I sleep through the appointment with the pediatrician I've made for 11.30am? Sure!

Saddlebagger Thu 31-Jan-13 15:22:56

Sleep is an elusive little blighter isn't he!! My midwife measured me at 41cm yesterday and I'm 37 + 5. Yikes. I'm fairly small as well so bump sticks right out...it enters the room about 10 mins before I do.

I hear you bangers, I want it all to happen right this very minute!

Anyone's else doing some serious nesting?

Nicky1306 Thu 31-Jan-13 16:26:12

May have started nesting today! smile 4 loads of washing done and ripped mine and DP's bed room apart! Lol x

mushymoo Thu 31-Jan-13 22:36:57

Yes I have too! On no sleep I scrubbed every inch of the kitchen, rearranged cupboards, cleaned the bathroom, our bedroom and tidied up after everyone else we're currently living with. Would have hoovered out the car if it hadn't been raining at the time too! If I don't sleep tonight now I think il be joining in with the meltdown bangers. All of this after actually moving in last week I don't understand how I'm still going!
tomorrow I'm tempted to try lots of spicy food and everything else they say can bring on labour, fingers crossed!

LadyL82 Fri 01-Feb-13 11:27:27

Well I thought I was nesting until I read how much Mushy was doing. Though I don't think I can ignore the urge to pull the sofa out much longer! Soo excited that it's February at last! Hopefully we will all have our babies in our arms THIS month. grin

iamwhaticallpregnant Fri 01-Feb-13 12:09:46

Hey ladies - checking back in. FEBRUARY IS HERE!! My next midwife app (2 weeks time) is on the 13th but I am due on the 12th!!! so I hope i won't see her again. My baby boy is currently trying to aggressively break out of my stomach via my top left rib. I have been getting loads of aches, pains and movements down below. MW said it all looks promising. Baby is in right position.

I too can not sleep at night - but can sleep at 7.00am when Partner wakes up and wants to chat and when i have to be up for various workmen to come round to help to 'nest' in my new home. Urgh. So tired. So tired.

Hope you are all feeling well grin

Saddlebagger Fri 01-Feb-13 20:06:10

Ditto no sleeping. Bed used to look so inviting and now looks like a prison cell.

mushy that is incredible nesting !!!! I've been between homes (joy of being in a buying chain) so have been nesting in bags and washing clothes army my mums house. We move into our new place tomorrow and wow I can't wait to get it stripped and painted hurray!

So excited we are in Feb...not long now grin

Mixxy Sat 02-Feb-13 03:39:20

I keep reading in different books etc. that at this stage I should be eating small meals because there wont be enough room inside me and I could be suffering from heartburn. Is it just me then who is still eating like a horse? Am I the only little piggy eating more than my husband?

Nicky1306 Sat 02-Feb-13 10:55:15

Mixy- I've not really had much of an appetite all the way through....strangely its getting better now and much to DP's surprise I cleared my plate last week! I'm having a lazy day at home today finishing off washing and housework from the week dp has taken DSD 1&2 to football, I might bake a cake smile. Is anyone else finding as the due date gets closer they aren't straying too far from home? I'm thinking of what half term activities DD1 and I can do......usually we would go into London, visit some museums but I'm
Wondering if that's such a good idea right now?? X

Saddlebagger Wed 06-Feb-13 15:59:17

Nicky I'm normally out and about loads but definitely in the last day or so I've suddenly started to reign in and not want to travel very far at all. All very strange.

This is my first so I'm finding this whole transition a bit weird, I don't think I've ever seen my home quite so much in my life!

Is anyone getting any signs they think their little one may arrive shortly???

mushymoo Thu 07-Feb-13 19:21:07

Well my little bump arrived early smile my due date was valentines day and she arrived Tuesday morning smile 6lbs 6 smile over the moon and very in love with baby girl! x

LadyL82 Thu 07-Feb-13 21:33:47

Congratulations Mushy grin. You have got the ball rolling for the rest of us. Hopefully be joining you on the other side soon, though no signs yet. Hope you are enjoying your little girl!

Congratulations mushymoo. Good to hear the bundles have started arriving. I'm just in the waiting stage, although bump has been quite quiet today, only some movements and then quite small ones. I think he's getting a bit cramped in there!

Saddlebagger Fri 08-Feb-13 21:01:51

Congratulations Mushy that's fantastic news smile

iamwhaticallpregnant Mon 11-Feb-13 08:11:38

Congratulations Mushy!! Good to know you have survived it (I am still worried I won't survive!) and we are not jealous at all. I am due tomorrow...... smile

iamwhaticallpregnant Tue 12-Feb-13 09:23:46

Hi everyone - it is my due date today and no show - I am well and truly fed up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now