Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Not so doomy-gloomy any more! The hut of doom and gloom graduates.

(90 Posts)
HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 26-Jan-13 21:23:36

Here's a home for us finally pregnant Hutters to hang out. <chucks around throw pillows>

HadALittleFaithBaby Mon 22-Apr-13 21:30:10

Thanks grin

Devilforasideboard Mon 22-Apr-13 19:56:35

Amazing news, congratulations Faith! grin grin

HadALittleFaithBaby Mon 22-Apr-13 19:40:30

Hello all, I hope everyone is well?

I thought you'd like to know I've had my baby! Abigail Faith was born 14/4/13 at 7.22am weighing a tiny 5lb 4oz. She was 9 days early.

Birth story: I felt very low on Saturdsy afternoon and thought she'd engaged. At 6.30pm my waters broke (on the leather sofa fortunately!). I went to the hospital to be checked and they said it was early but not established labour. They said to come in for induction at 9am if things didn't move on in the night. Contractions started at 11pm. At 3.30 am I went in to find I was only 1cm dilated, they decided to do a sweep and induction to get things moving. I was meant to go the ante-natal ward to wait but I was in too much pain - they thought spasm from the pessary. I really was in pain so they gave me paracetamol and dihydrocodiene and I had my tens on. Suddenly I needed to push. They said it was too soon but when I said I really thought I might poo (TMI?!) they checked and I was fully dilated! So they said push! It was such a relief - I was worried I'd be experiencing those contraction pains for hours! The pushing part wasn't too bad, she was out with three contractions/pushes. I did get a tear which was stitched but is healing nicely. The time lapse from the pessary to baby was about 1 hour 50 minutes!

We did end up staying in for 5 days because with her low birth weight she took a while to feed efficiently. However she didn't lose much weight and she's now breast feeding well and back within 1/2oz of her birth weight smile

I won't lie, the first week was tough but she is just beautiful and I can't imagine life without her already!

Devilforasideboard Fri 29-Mar-13 07:22:54

Oh Faith I'm so jealous of you being on leave! I'm counting down now to dropping to three days a week in May and finishing at the start of June (the way the dates have worked out I can use all of my year's annual leave before starting mat leave). Just as well as I'm absolutely knackered, mainly I think by the commute.

Bobble is doing well and kicking a LOT which is still mind-blowing to me - I still can't believe there's a person in there. I've got to have an ECG and see a cardiologist to check everything's ok with me but hopefully will get the go-ahead for a normal delivery as I'm really hoping to use the midwife-led unit.

Hope everybody's making the most of the Easter weekend. Obviously as I'm on leave I woke up at my usual time hmm but I've taken the laptop and some biscuits back to bed smile

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 27-Mar-13 20:26:08

Been about quiet here lately...

Well I'm 36 weeks now and finally on leave! On annual leave for next 4 weeks (unless Pickle pops out early!). Had a bit of a confused time because there is a big lump in my belly. Had to be scanned to check for breech presentation. Happily Pickle is actually head down and lump is bottom and legs! smile so I can hopefully proceed with a vaginally delivery as planned. Can't believe it's 6 weeks tops til I have our baby! shock

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Sat 02-Mar-13 20:14:36

Ahh glad you are all ready! Thats the lovely bit! I love the tiny clothes!

Yes its nice to be feeling better, DS (well both DS') are so lovely at the moment, so other than tiredness I cant complain! Although I'm entertaining the idea I dont really see that we will have another for 3-4 years if at all!

It is a horrid situation particularly as having heard the details the things that have been recorded are things that could easily have been misrepresented IYKWIM?

In unrelated news my neighbours have their TV so loud that I want to kick them... grin

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 02-Mar-13 19:55:20

Nothing big left to buy. Moses basket mattress arrived yesterday so that's all set up now. We could do with more clothes I think but I'll pop out and buy more newborn stuff. I had assumed the baby would pop out late/be big but now I think it might be early I might buy some smaller stuff?

I'm so glad you're starting to feel better (and adore your DS!). I think it's quite normal to start to want another baby around 10-12 weeks after giving birth. I will be trying to resist that for a bit myself!

That's shocking about your friend's friend! I can't imagine being in that position but they never take that kind of decision lightly so maybe your friend is relaxed because she thinks its for the best? I actually really struggle with the galaxy/universe/God since our TTC woes. There's no fairness to it at all confused

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Sat 02-Mar-13 18:04:01

Oh faith not good glad A.B's have started to kick in! Eek for dream, and super hooray for the fast approach of maternity leave!

Im ok thanks, my sertaline has kicked in majorly thank goodness and has made me realise that I was probably depressed for some time... Im definitely happier less anxious and doing more for myself since taking them, sounds daft but I'm doing my make up everyday, taking care to buy clothes that fit (instead of baggy/old).

DS2 is ten weeks now, he is a joyous little thing, smiling and gurgling! (so much so that I've been prodding the idea of another... SIOB! Part of me wonders if thats just to see if metformin would make it "easy"?! They are working on my cycles at any rate!)

Im off to collect my wedding dress on weds eeek, its fast approaching! And im off to see Olly murs on Friday <Swoooon>

Got some shocking news last night though, went out with a friend I've known years & years for dinner and drinks, worked out it was the first time we've been out with the kids in two years! But I digress... She was telling me that her friend (who I've met once or twice) has had her son removed by SSsad! My friend was saying though that she didnt seem too bothered, and then Ironically she walked past all smiles and waves!! It gave me chills as well its just so wrong isnt it? Really makes me question my fertility issues and the fairness of the galaxy!

Have you got much left to buy?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 02-Mar-13 09:54:48

Hey strawbs!

I'm on antibiotics for a UTI. Have been having bad Braxton hicks for a couple of weeks, continually getting worse to the point that it was basically whenever I walked for more than 30 seconds! Got a positive urine dip at work so waddled to GP and got antibiotics. Wasn't sure they were working until yesterday (day 4 of the course!) but suddenly feeling much better! Only 3 weeks left to work. Have dreamt twice that I've had the baby early! I think it's my brain's way of preparing me....

How are you strawbs?

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Sat 02-Mar-13 09:43:36

How is everyone?

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Wed 27-Feb-13 08:49:01

Hope you get home today dee, anyone who hasn't offered you support and any comfort they can is selfish at best and cruel at worst. Hope you get the support you need and deserve

delilahbelle Tue 26-Feb-13 21:15:10

Thanks all. DH just gone home, I hope to get discharged tomorrow.

One thing I have learnt is that I have some amazing friends, and some who no longer deserve that title after their reactions.

I am in the short term going to focus on getting well.
In the medium term on building a few happy memories with trips and experiences with DH, friends and family.
And in the long term assess whether we continue to try and bring children into our life and how.

But until I'm better it's the basics of good food, sleep and recovering.

Devilforasideboard Tue 26-Feb-13 20:50:39

Delilah Thinking of you and DH tonight and wishing you peace and strength for the days ahead xx

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Tue 26-Feb-13 17:45:09

Oh Dee, please dont feel like you've lost them, they will always be remembered by you, so will always be. Life has dealt you a shitty hand, its not at all just. Im so sorry for your losses, it sounds empty and contrite, words on a screen I know, but truly a huge Hug to you x

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 26-Feb-13 14:31:16

You're grieving for your loss Delilah. It's ok to feel like that. There's a difference between being suicidal and feeling like life has thrown you such a crap deal that you don't know how to carry on. Do tell your DH how you're feeling though, please. I wish I could give you a RL <hug>

delilahbelle Tue 26-Feb-13 14:22:46

It's just hit me, I've lost our twins.

I can't stop crying.

I hate my life. 4 IVFs and all I have to show for it are dead babies, scars, and a ruptured uterus. Apparently v rare in 1st trimester.

I'm only saying this on the Internet, and I'm not suicidal, but a small part of me wishes I hadn't come round from the op as life seems so bleak now.

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Tue 26-Feb-13 13:57:46

Oh Dee sad absolutely DH made the only decision he could. Im glad you are ok, and hope you have a speedy recovery x

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 26-Feb-13 08:49:13

Oh delilah sad what an impossible situation. I think it's ok to decide right now that you don't want to go through it again. It's not an irreversible decision but right now, you need to concentrate on recovering. Don't be afraid to ask for the drugs! Better to have them sooner rather than later. Have a <hug> too.

delilahbelle Mon 25-Feb-13 23:11:43

Please see me post on conception, excellent egg buddies thread.

Devilforasideboard Mon 25-Feb-13 16:13:01

I'd second Faith's advice on the scan. I got one at 7 weeks and one at 9 as standard after IVF and it made a huge difference psychologically.

I'm so thrilled about my little guy smile It took a bit of getting used to as I really thought it was a girl for some reason. I can't wait to meet him now and have bought the cutest pyjamas for him from Mamas and Papas (sale on now!). I keep going to the wardrobe and staring at them and imagining him all snuggled up in them smile

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 24-Feb-13 17:17:12

Argh MN has eaten my reply twice! Here it is:

I would consider a scan at about 8 weeks. It's already encouraging that your first scan showed the right size sacs and heart beats! A heartbeat at 8 weeks on a scan gives a 95% liklihood of a successful pregnancy.

Tiny baby clothes are now dry and put away in the nursery smile I have arranged some pre-natal classes with a local midwife now. It will help I think. (We couldn't fit the 8 weeks of NCT classes round my shifts and there aren't any other group options).

delilahbelle Sun 24-Feb-13 16:39:20

4th April - it seems an age away! I'm wondering if I can persuade DH we need a private scan at 8/9 weeks or so.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 24-Feb-13 16:30:29

After everything you've gone through both with this pregnancy and previous treatments, that's not surprising! Do you have a date for your scan yet?

delilahbelle Sun 24-Feb-13 16:27:25

I still don't believe it Faith and am mentally preparing myself for a vanishing twin/ the bleeding the start up again / someone to tell me it's all a mistake and I'm not actually pregnant.

I'm still taking it day by day, and looking forward to the 12 week scan.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 24-Feb-13 16:11:21

I think after a certain point of TTC, I stopped imagining what it would be like to have a baby. I couldn't really get past the idea of a BFP! I didn't believe the first two anyway! Every step of pregnancy seems like a miracle after trying for so long. I stopped being too fatalistic after my 20 week scan when she said everything looked ok though - too much worrying doesn't achieve anything and just makes it harder.

It must be so strange for you dee with the bleeding to have seen two healthy heartbeats!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now