Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Not so doomy-gloomy any more! The hut of doom and gloom graduates.

(90 Posts)
HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 26-Jan-13 21:23:36

Here's a home for us finally pregnant Hutters to hang out. <chucks around throw pillows>

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Fri 22-Feb-13 14:49:35

Omg!!! Twins Dee!! How flipping fab!! Now go and lay down! grin So pleased for you!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 22-Feb-13 15:29:18

Oh Dee that's fantastic! grin Two healthy babies?! Hoping and praying they hang on tight. I know it's still terrifying but hopefully it's given you some reassurance?

I am tired and struggling with work (just on my break). The demands are huge, the pressure is immense. I'm seriously questioning if I'll get to 35 weeks before I go off...4 weeks to go!

delilahbelle Fri 22-Feb-13 16:27:16

<Still in shock>

I know, and thanks for all your support. To be honest, with the location of the bleed I will be thrilled if I end up with one healthy baby - two would really be hitting the jackpot though.

I currently feel slightly sick and have random cramps, also a general feeling of tiredness and yuk. Luckily all I have to do is lie on the sofa whilst DH looks after me. All I want to eat is fruit, cut up into bite sized pieces.

Faith 4 more weeks is only 20 more days/get ups. You can do it!

Devilforasideboard Fri 22-Feb-13 16:37:28

Amazing news Delilah!

I'm just back from my scan and all is well smile smile

delilahbelle Fri 22-Feb-13 17:27:32

Well done Devil Have you a pink or a blue bump, or is it a surprise?

Devilforasideboard Fri 22-Feb-13 17:59:49

It's blue!! We were going to find out anyway but I spotted something between his legs right at the start and thought 'that didn't look like the cord' grin Have told our parents but not sure if we'll tell anyone else yet.

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Sat 23-Feb-13 11:06:13

Eeekk devils! I can say for sure boys are lovely grin

delilahbelle Sat 23-Feb-13 11:11:42

Devil boys are great. I (secretly) would love B/B twins, although DH wants one of each.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 23-Feb-13 11:26:54

It's so great to be hearing positive news smile

Congratulations on your blue baby devil! My sister was nervous about having a boy but he is awesome and very funny. Especially when he declares I'm a genius! grin

I am struggling with work now. Yesterday was awful sad thank goodness I've got the weekend off now!

delilahbelle Sun 24-Feb-13 13:34:28

<wails> I hate throwing up. I am either hungry, nauseous, vomiting or asleep.

I keep telling myself it's a good sign, but I am also still spotting brown ick. The only positive pregnancy symptom I've had so far is stronger nails..

<whinge, whine>

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 24-Feb-13 13:40:46

...and the vomiting?! My tips would be: suck on an ice lolly, I found it really settled my stomach before I ate, try to make sure you have plenty of protein. Look at the pattern to see if anything sets you off - caffiene made me sick but I could have decaf tea which helped. Mine eased off by about 9 weeks give or take (less frequent anyway). Don't forget with two babies your hormones will be in overdrive!

delilahbelle Sun 24-Feb-13 13:44:55

faith the vomiting is definitely a symptom but not positive. I feel bad whinging given how much this pregnancy is wanted, but I feel so rough. Dreading work tomorrow.

I'm already on the ice lollies. Sainsburies basics fruit flavour hit the spot perfectly. Weirdly it seems to be grapes making me chunder, despite being lovely to eat my stomach doesn't seem to like them. So far I can't eat chocolate, anything dairy except yogurt, and I can't stomach the thought of a brew

All worth it in the end I hope.

Devilforasideboard Sun 24-Feb-13 15:30:45

I just ate whatever I could. Lots of white bread, lemon sorbet, ice lollies etc smile I found tiredness made it worse as well.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 24-Feb-13 15:48:53

I found the sickness a double-edged sword - I rejoiced because I figured it indicated a sticky baby but it was a bit of a pain. Then as it eased I panicked that I wasn't being sick hmm

Today we have been washing the baby clothes I've bought (loads it seems!). It seems crazy that we will have the responsibility of an actual human being that will fit in these clothes?! I know it's on the early side at 31 (nearly 32) weeks but because I've got an irritable uterus and baby is head down, I'm prepared that there's a possibility baby might just come early!

delilahbelle Sun 24-Feb-13 16:06:07

Faith I can't quite believe I'll have a baby (or two) to look after at the end of this (hopefully) It just doesn't seem possible.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 24-Feb-13 16:11:21

I think after a certain point of TTC, I stopped imagining what it would be like to have a baby. I couldn't really get past the idea of a BFP! I didn't believe the first two anyway! Every step of pregnancy seems like a miracle after trying for so long. I stopped being too fatalistic after my 20 week scan when she said everything looked ok though - too much worrying doesn't achieve anything and just makes it harder.

It must be so strange for you dee with the bleeding to have seen two healthy heartbeats!

delilahbelle Sun 24-Feb-13 16:27:25

I still don't believe it Faith and am mentally preparing myself for a vanishing twin/ the bleeding the start up again / someone to tell me it's all a mistake and I'm not actually pregnant.

I'm still taking it day by day, and looking forward to the 12 week scan.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 24-Feb-13 16:30:29

After everything you've gone through both with this pregnancy and previous treatments, that's not surprising! Do you have a date for your scan yet?

delilahbelle Sun 24-Feb-13 16:39:20

4th April - it seems an age away! I'm wondering if I can persuade DH we need a private scan at 8/9 weeks or so.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 24-Feb-13 17:17:12

Argh MN has eaten my reply twice! Here it is:

I would consider a scan at about 8 weeks. It's already encouraging that your first scan showed the right size sacs and heart beats! A heartbeat at 8 weeks on a scan gives a 95% liklihood of a successful pregnancy.

Tiny baby clothes are now dry and put away in the nursery smile I have arranged some pre-natal classes with a local midwife now. It will help I think. (We couldn't fit the 8 weeks of NCT classes round my shifts and there aren't any other group options).

Devilforasideboard Mon 25-Feb-13 16:13:01

I'd second Faith's advice on the scan. I got one at 7 weeks and one at 9 as standard after IVF and it made a huge difference psychologically.

I'm so thrilled about my little guy smile It took a bit of getting used to as I really thought it was a girl for some reason. I can't wait to meet him now and have bought the cutest pyjamas for him from Mamas and Papas (sale on now!). I keep going to the wardrobe and staring at them and imagining him all snuggled up in them smile

delilahbelle Mon 25-Feb-13 23:11:43

Please see me post on conception, excellent egg buddies thread.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 26-Feb-13 08:49:13

Oh delilah sad what an impossible situation. I think it's ok to decide right now that you don't want to go through it again. It's not an irreversible decision but right now, you need to concentrate on recovering. Don't be afraid to ask for the drugs! Better to have them sooner rather than later. Have a <hug> too.

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Tue 26-Feb-13 13:57:46

Oh Dee sad absolutely DH made the only decision he could. Im glad you are ok, and hope you have a speedy recovery x

delilahbelle Tue 26-Feb-13 14:22:46

It's just hit me, I've lost our twins.

I can't stop crying.

I hate my life. 4 IVFs and all I have to show for it are dead babies, scars, and a ruptured uterus. Apparently v rare in 1st trimester.

I'm only saying this on the Internet, and I'm not suicidal, but a small part of me wishes I hadn't come round from the op as life seems so bleak now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now