Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Not so doomy-gloomy any more! The hut of doom and gloom graduates.

(90 Posts)
HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 26-Jan-13 21:23:36

Here's a home for us finally pregnant Hutters to hang out. <chucks around throw pillows>

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Wed 30-Jan-13 09:15:07

Hello, Ive been lurking, can I post as a graduate even though baby has been born? (Used to post as BB) smile

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 30-Jan-13 09:25:10

Yes of course you can! How's the family? smile

I'm not convinced this Fred will take off?!

Devilforasideboard Wed 30-Jan-13 18:09:12

Yay! I'm so excited to be on a proper grad thread smile

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 30-Jan-13 18:15:33

Thought it would be helpful and a bit less intense for those still in the throes of things. Still be popping in to offer support there obviously but will be able to chat about symptoms and planning more here.

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Thu 31-Jan-13 20:21:06

Eek yay! We are ok, DS2 was born 21/12/12 at 9.53 weighing a tiny 6lb 2 by ELCS. The birth was horrid, after care awful, ended up with staph infection which GP only decided to treat last week ( 5 weeks Post birth) all of this plus a few stressful issues (lawsuit against the pharmacy to name just one!) beyond that (and probably a large dose of me failing) have led me to the dark place that is PND... Which feels like the worlds biggest hardest slap in the face given everything that we went through to get him. Im telling myself its a chemical imbalance etc, as I didnt have this with DS1, but I do feel a failure. Im hopeful it will get better soon.

Anyway! Im now on metformin for the PCOS ( stable door, horse anyone?)

How are you all getting along?

Devilforasideboard Thu 31-Jan-13 21:03:19

Oh Strawberries, I'm sorry you're having such a rotten time. You sound like you're doing an amazing job despite it all.

I'm in a slightly odd limbo in that it's 3 weeks til my 20 week scan and I'm feeling what I think might be movements but I'm not sure. Feels like I'm wishing the time away but that what may well be my only pregnancy is also slipping past too quickly!

There's a lot of other stuff going on, the most stressful of which is one of my lovely cats fighting what will probably be a fatal illness. It's a cliche but they really are/were baby substitutes and it feels very unfair to be facing this when we should all be happily getting on with our lives. Obviously it's nothing compared with what you're going through Strawberries and at least we should know what's likely to happen one way or the other in the next couple of weeks.

On a happier note I got my free changing bag from Boots along with some goodies for taking care of myself (vitamins, stretch mark oil and nice smelly stuff) and a pack of nappies which just seem so tiny!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Thu 31-Jan-13 22:46:13

sad how rotten strawbs, what a cruel twist of fate for you. I really hope that getting treated for the infection puts you on the road to recovery and you start to feel better emotionally as well.

Sorry to hear about your poor cat devil. I only have a rubbish baby substitute geriatric hamster that must be knocking on for two.

I'm doing ok. Travelled down to Devon today to meet the in-laws for the first time (long story but DH has only just got back in touch with them). I was a bit shocked at how much it's taken it out of me..over 4 hours travelling! Added in my whooping cough vaccine yesterday and I feel rough! I'll be off to bed shortly.

Oh I'm 28+2 now by the way smile

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Fri 01-Feb-13 20:03:06

Thanks both of you, sounds contrite but each day as he becomes more of a person it lifts slightly. The docs have been really good about it too, apparently its only a mild case doesnt feel it some days! so they have referred us for attachment therapy. I think what im feeling is similar to how I felt with DS1, its just magnified by other ishoos we have ongoing at the moment... My work are being utter twunts, House damp proof course has failed so 3 rooms unusable, wedding is approaching rapidly.. Despite that I feel chipper today!

Devils how sad about your cat, I understand as we had two cats before DS1 who really were my babies (prawns for a treat... Most weekendsblush) and when DS was born they both got poorly from the stress. We had to rehome them in the end as they had lost so much weight that their immune systems were shutting down, i felt so bad. I hope your cat makes an unexpected recovery, they are like family!
Not long until your scan, are you finding out the sex? Its a weird time but I bet the flutters are baby!

Faith eek how exciting! How are you feeling in yourself? Did you like the inlaws?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 02-Feb-13 15:16:23

I'm ok ta! Starting to feel more third trimester-ish lately, getting quite round, feeling more tired, less comfortable. But happy to have bump growing and wriggling smile

I'm glad that its a mild case strawbs. Sounds like there's a lot on your plate. I hope you can get the house sorted soon.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 02-Feb-13 15:22:17

Oh yes, the in laws! Most of the family are luffly. Very welcoming smile MIL is a bizarre character....I think she has some MH issues. She has been good so far (DH would only stay an hour!). She did touch my bump twice in the hour we were there which felt like a bit of an invasion. Only DH really touches my bump! But she's excited and trying hard so we are humouring her for now.

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Sat 02-Feb-13 19:01:57

Me too! Today was a good day DS2 was quite calm and is starting to smile more which helps!

Ah the inlaw situation sounds a bit uncomfortable but as you say least they are trying!

Eek third trimester already, its flying by! Are you getting more and more excited?

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sat 02-Feb-13 19:11:41

I'm excited about being a Mummy and finally having my baby. I'm a but apprehensive about labour but arranging some ante-natal classes so hopefully I'll feel more prepared after that?!

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Sun 03-Feb-13 10:36:19

Ohh thats understandable! I really enjoyed my labour with DS1, no labour to speak of with DS2 as ELCS. I think my only advice would be to try and think of every pain as getting closer to baby? That makes me sound a right hippy I know! The drugs are lovely though ahaha! grin

Devilforasideboard Tue 05-Feb-13 20:05:26

Hi fellow graduates! How are we all today?

Devilcat went downhill very quickly after what turned out to be a final rally on Saturday. We had him put to sleep on Sunday and I think I cried solidly for about 24 hours but am feeling better now and so glad he's not suffering any more. Devilcat2 is getting lots of cuddles and seems to be doing ok without his brother.

I'm getting definite nudges now which is just amazing. I think we're going to find out what we're having which is quite exciting. My usual pre-scan nerves are starting to kick in a bit.

Which classes are you doing Faith? I've booked an NCT one and am contemplating hypnobirthing but just waiting to see what the consultant says about labour tomorrow (I have a very mild heart condition).

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 05-Feb-13 20:23:30

Evening all!

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat devil. The loss of a pet is always gutting sad I'm glad devilcat2 is still around for cuddles and the baby is nudging! I still love that - find it so exciting. As they get stronger, you'll find it you tap where it's kicking, it'll kick back, then you can tap elsewhere and it'll follow you round! It's the first basic communication with your child! smile

We are looking at private classes with a midwife locally. I can't commit to 8 weeks of NCT due to my shifts and the only other option is Relate - there aren't any more classes arranged before my due date! The only hypobirth class near me is over £200! I might buy a CD though...

Yes Strawberries, I like the thought of each pain bringing me closer to having my baby really helps! I guess I'm nervous because I've had poorly managed pain before and of course, that just gradually improves rather than having a good outcome! I will be after lots of drugs, I don't handle pain well. Having said that, the worst pain I ever had was a virus that gave me agonising head pain. My friend had similar after she had a baby and said those pains were worse than labour so maybe I'll handle labour pains better than I expect?!

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Wed 06-Feb-13 12:48:12

Hi all

Devils sorry about DevilCat, its so sad when they go! Yay for DCat2 and definite yay for nudges! I had anterior placenta with both DS' so didnt feel much which was a bummer!

faith i think you will probably handle the pain ok, as its a pain you can settle into if that makes sense? And its not constant, although disclaimer I never did the pushing part, but i did have contractions, although Im weird the G&A made me enjoy them?!

Things are improving here, off out tonight which will be a nice break! DP has had a promotion at work involving a change in shift pattern which is a real win win for us and means that we will definitely be buying a house at the beginning of next year, which is very exciting!

delilahbelle Thu 07-Feb-13 13:32:14

<sidles in, looks around, and runs away in fear>

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Sun 10-Feb-13 09:22:44

(Imagine oasis tune) heyyyyy lilaaaaa

Eek! How 'citing! grin

delilahbelle Sun 10-Feb-13 09:51:27

Hi strawberries a much darker line this morning and I'm starting to hope this pregnancy will stick. Next beta tomorrow!

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Sun 10-Feb-13 15:19:59

Eek thats so positive (literally!) will keep everything crossed!

Devilforasideboard Sun 10-Feb-13 15:21:46

Oooh, so exciting to see you in here delilah! Fingers crossed for good results tomorrow.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 10-Feb-13 15:26:51

Ooh dee I'm so hopeful for you. Darker lines are definitely a good sign! Hoping the beta test tomorrow supports this smile

I have been to catch up with old friends this weekend. Some have kids now, one has a baby who is about 12 weeks. Very strange to be holding her baby while mine kicked me from the inside! Bit of a relief as she had a quiet day yesterday...happily back to normal!

delilahbelle Sun 10-Feb-13 17:13:53

Thanks all. I'm hopefully be terrified at every little cramp and twinge. Currently having some achey pains, not much like AF but of course I still assume its going to all go wrong. Stress.

StrawberriesTasteLikeLipsDo Wed 13-Feb-13 09:40:30

How was your beta test dee?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now