Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

July 2013 thread 4 - keeping the duchess company

(960 Posts)
Runswithsquirrels Sat 26-Jan-13 13:53:01

No one seems to have started a new thread yet, so here we go!

princessllama-dc3-27th June
CottonSocks - 1st July
QuinandThem - 1st July
Badgerwife - DC2 - 1st July
Cutandstick - 2nd July
Runswithsquirrels - 2nd July
Thinkingof4- DC4 -2nd July
VinegarDrinker - DC2 - 2nd July
Persuasion - 3rd July
esme80 - 3rd july
Glup - 3rd July
emblosion - 3rd July
BB01 - 4th July
Dinkystinky - DC3 - 4th July
elliejjtiny - 4th July
wifey6 - 5th July
Notprincesskate - DC2 - 5 July
OhGood - 5th July
PenguinsInThePantry - 5th July
marmitemad DC2 - 6th July
Gingerpanther27 - 7th July
DifferentNow - DC5 - 7th July
Abzs - DC1 - 7th July
Efme - 8th July
GeorgieWilson - 9th July
shelley72 - 9th -
Devilforasideboard - 10th July
CitizenOscar - DC2 - 10th July
TwoOfThree - DC1 - 10th July
Calmisthemantra - 11th July
Specialknickers - 11th July
MrsMillions - DC1 - 11th July
mysterymeg - 12th July
Reikimummy - 12th July (DC1)
SlouchingPanda - 12th July
Thundercatz - 12th July
Twirliedobbit - DC4 - 12th July
Hai1988 - 14th July
LittleFlower888 - 14th July
Tashtastic - 14th July
Beaditsback - dc2 14th July
Lizincornwall - 15th July
Mizar - 15th July
photographerlady - 15th July
Guavasforbreakfast - DC1 - 16th July
paolocee/donna - 17th July
MiniPenguinMaker - DC1 - 17th July
MrsWildermac - 18th July
TotallyEggFlipped - 18th July
SingingMomma - 18th July
GingerJulep - DC1 - 19th July
Niktasha - 19th July
whitedaffodil - 19th July
Grannyapple DC2 - 19th July
orangebubbles - DC2 - 20th July
Thinking positive thoughts - 20th July
Cheeseandbread - DC1 - 20th July
AmaDablam - DC1 - 21st July
butterflyexperience - 22nd July
BadMissM- DC2- 22nd July
AllYoursBabooshka - 22nd July
Isitme1 - 23rd July
MightBeMad - 23rd July
Supershiv1 - DC1 - 23rd July
Boostar - 24th July
Cantreachmytoes - 24th July
MrsRoss26 - 24th July
Camb79 - 25th July
Sashabella0 - 25th July
BoyMeetsWorld - 27th July
marimama - 27th July
JessicaMLH - DC2 - 27th July
Flyingsprocket - 29th July
SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus - Unknown

Gingerpanther27 Wed 20-Feb-13 22:34:49

sassteee the threads been continued on there is a link further up x

sassteee Mon 18-Feb-13 11:44:48

Hello all,

First post on here. Due 18th July, first baby, enjoying maternity clothes although my bump isnt that big yet (but they're so comfy!). Thinking of going on holiday next month to relax and get some sun before the mayhem begins!

Sarah x

dinkystinky Sat 16-Feb-13 20:09:20

Hope you're taking it easy after that snowy hike Thinking - legs hitting bump definitely sounds v uncomfortable. And enjoy that lemon bread and butter pudding - sounds delicious.

Totally - Just talk to DH about how you're grateful for what he is doing but you know how hard it is with the early starts as you had it with DD for 2 years at 5am. Resentment and pissed offness not good - will just fester into a row and have you on edge.

As we're fast approaching the 1000 cut off point post mark have started a new thread This way everybody

Lemon bread & butter pudding sounds delish, Thinking.

I'm getting really grumpy with DH at the moment. He makes it worse by reminding me he's been getting up early with DD the last few weeks because I've been sleeping so badly. (in reality he brings her into our bed at about 6 and they both stay there until about 6:45). He's forgotten that I was the one who got up several times a night and almost every morning at 5 with her for almost 2 years. Grrrr. I just feel really criticised the whole time. I know it's hormones making me over sensitive, but it's making me feel really frustrated.

Thinkingof4 Sat 16-Feb-13 16:33:26

flying bargain! £10, you can't argue with that

dinky hope you are feeling a bit better today

badmiss don't know if boy or girl, I get quite confused lookin at scans!

Well we went up a (fairly small) hill this morning but didn't realise how much snow there would still be on path. Cue dh having to carry ds3 (in backpack) and ds2 in his arms most of the way down. We have decided we are going to stick to level ground for the next few months as I found the steep bits really hard going and I was very aware of my legs hitting my bump at times which wasn't v comfy
Lovely climb though with views to die for so was kind of worth it!
Just trying to summon up the energy to make the tea- I'm making lemon bread and butter pudding for pud and it is so lovey!! Yum! I think I deserve a wee treat after all that exercise...

BadMissM Sat 16-Feb-13 14:01:41

Abzs Not surprised SIL not enamoued with Barrow.... their reputation even worse than RLI...

BB01 Thanks... not easy! Gald the scan all went well, though I wouldn't have been able to resist having a peek at the gender!

Dinky Need to check out whether I can actually do that...my PCT wouldn't even pay for nuchal at Manchester, doubt they will want to pay for full ELCS... all just so frustrating. Joke is if my employment tribunal takes any longer, will actually be in Manchester then anyway!

Persuasion Don't know about placental dopplers, though had the Harmony Test/Nuchal to clam my panic...

Photographer Good luck for the move!!

Ama I wouldn't mind if I didn't have clear reasons, but have more than one which would usually guarantee one!

MrsRoss26 Yes, I'd say so. Realised had to do it myself after DD and I rashly put plants in front garden and was crippled all weekend!

Lack of tumble dryer currently putting me off reusables...!

Thinkingof4 Glad the scan all went well! Little boy bump, then!

DifferentNow Congrats on good scan xxx Name choices even better if they leave people open-mouthed!

Iclaudius My PCT wouldn't know, haven't had a test of any kind since booking-in.... They think because of gestational diabetes, this one will be big, though am half the size I was with DD...

Esme Congrats for scan...little girl! xxx

My scan has now been moved from 8/3 to 6/3 (in case they want to see me in clinic).... just wish they'd hurry up and get on with it!

17+6 today....

dinkystinky Sat 16-Feb-13 13:34:13

Hello all - hope you are having a good Saturday. Cut - hope the tesco trip wasn't too traumatic - I am an online shopper (with top ups from our fab corner shop or farmers market) person as hate the supermarket trawl with a passion. Glad you had good scans Thinking and Esme.

Had another bad night but feeling better today but had nice productive morning today - buggy car seat and base checked out, trip to lovely playground with boys and lunch out at local newly opened pizza place. Few minutes downtime now before swimming lessons and a party for ds2 to go to.

flyingsprocket Sat 16-Feb-13 12:41:38

Really excited at people's boy/girl news & good scans.

Ordered 1st ever pair of maternity jeans from Gap sale & they arrived yesterday, a bargain at £10! Oddly they're slightly too big around the bum area! I imagine if I continue eating at this pace I'll fit into them just fine soon grin

I'm gonna spend the afternoon baking & listing my lovely coupe car for sale on autotrader.

16+4

Persuasion Sat 16-Feb-13 11:21:53

Thanks iclaudius and vinegar. I'm feeling fairly chilled about it, and still looking forward to the scan. I'm 28 btw. I wasn't going to have screening as we wouldn't have amino or terminate, but am glad we did if any potential problem now gets picked up!

DH is very poo adverse, so we're having disposables!

CottonSock Sat 16-Feb-13 11:02:00

Think I have half caught glad Photographer is ok now, and congrats on all the scans.

Esme I was exactly the same, all the buggy / stuff reasearching and now I am thinking about the baby that will actually go in it.

ebay stuff ariving and piling up nicely. Keep having a sneaky peak at the newborn babygrows. awwwwww

Eggy bread and maple syrup for us this morn.. yum

I thought DH was moving about in bed last night, then realised it was baby moving me. Must be very energetic. I have been feeling since 17 weeks, but now some really kicks and pushes. Glad I am getting used to it a little!

Cutandstick Sat 16-Feb-13 08:44:23

Everyone else's -sorry for typo!

Cutandstick Sat 16-Feb-13 08:43:50

Congrats esme very exciting! Enjoy your quiet day recovering today!
Mild disaster here. Hungry me, and no bread or milk in the house! My plans for a lazy morning t mark the start of half term are about to destroyed by a tesco trip. DP off doing everyone less DIY as usual hmm

esme80 Sat 16-Feb-13 08:40:51

Good morning all!

Scan yesterday went well, everything looks good and on track, and seems like we are having a girl! I got quite emotional after scan. I think I have very much been concentrating on practical things since finding out I was pg, like getting room done amd pushchairs, that it only just kind of dawned on me we are actually going to a have a little baby!
So after scan we drove to inlaws, and during the evening my ds fell and got a cut on his lip, not terrible but a bit of blood and fat lip. That along with the scan, tiredness and hormones turned me into a blubbery mess!
Hoping for a quiet day today, off to daytime cinema trip with dh.

Congrats on all good scans!

VinegarDrinker Sat 16-Feb-13 07:53:11

Oh and re cloth nappies - we use them. We used disposable to about 6/8 weeks - DS was a very screamy unsettled newborn so it was enough work dealing with him!

We still use disposables overnight and for long day trips. We also used them for his old nursery (2 days per week)- they were happy with cloth but because they contain poo smells much better it can be hard to spot when he had done one so disposables were just simpler.

We use a very simple system - even grandparents etc find it fine. One size Onelife nappy with flushable liner (so all poo goes straight down the loo with no scraping etc) and various brands of wraps - some plain some funky patterns.

We don't have a tumble drier - hasn't been an issue for us.

Vast majority was second hand and free but we also got a £54 voucher from our Borough for cloth nappies. It doesn't have to cost a fortune - and One size birth to potty is definitely cheaper but bulkier.

Check out local Nappuccinos and also places like The Nappy Lady do trials where they send one of each to try out.

VinegarDrinker Sat 16-Feb-13 07:42:49

Persuasion just on my way to work, so brief post. Saw your post re high free bHCG, if risk otherwise low it is v unlikely to mean anything significant. They will probably also look for other soft markers for T21 at your anomaly scan as well as the Doppler. How old are you? I think it's fair to say that Noone really knows what causes isolated high free HCG in most cases. A good scan and Dopplers should be reassuring re risk of both trisomies and PET.

DifferentNow Sat 16-Feb-13 03:48:58

thanks iclaudius

iclaudius Sat 16-Feb-13 01:07:14

Different now !! Fab news I like my names more when folk fall silent!! Makes them more special !

iclaudius Sat 16-Feb-13 01:05:06

PERSUASION I too had some dodgy bloods but ok nuchal! My Papp a is worse than yours at 0.53 ( from memory) but my hcg is also low at 0.5 iirc!
I've since had harmony which was fine but due to low Papp a am a bit panicky and have been advised to have two extra growth scans at 28 and 32 weeks
My last baby was induced early as big for dates so I can't imagine a wee one but allegedly Papp a being low can mean poor placental function
Sorry for essay!

DifferentNow Sat 16-Feb-13 00:48:54

Lovely to hear everyones good scan news. We had ours today too and all is well - phew! Baby is still a girl too - bonus! Odd to think that when we next see her, she'll actually be here. We've chosen her name and told the other DC who of course have duly told EVERYONE but no one really likes it. Doesn't matter I suppose and I doubt people would have been so outspoken about it if we'd waited to announce it after her birth. DH says it makes him like it more!

Cutandstick Fri 15-Feb-13 22:32:39

No experience myself, but my cousin uses a mix of cloth and disposable successfully, I think hers are called lollipop.

Runswithsquirrels Fri 15-Feb-13 22:16:40

I'm going to use reusable nappies, but am going to join a scheme where they collect and wash them for you. My borough also subsidise this as an extra bonus.

SundaySunshine Fri 15-Feb-13 21:31:50

Just been trying to catch up with everything - takes a long time!

Photographer, so glad to hear all ok with you and lil one.
Congrats Tom on driving (enjoy the wonderful freedom it gives you) and great job news.

BadmissM - you don't seem to be getting any respite from evil bullshit, I admire your ability to keep level headed under the circumstances .

Dinky, hope you feel better soon.

I tried reusable nappies with dd, spent a small fortune on all the gear thinking it would be a good investment but after one poonami I ran screaming to the disposable nappy aisle in Tescos. Hats off to you all that persevere with them. I also didn't have a tumble drier which didn't help.

Congrats to all great scan news. I had mine too and all is ok - P H E W!
We have a little boy on the way grin. Finally DH told his family (so I can now stop hiding behind cushions when they Skype) and we also told dd smile so it's all very very real now.

Hope everyone else is ok, there were other things I was going to say but baby brain strikes again!

Thinkingof4 Fri 15-Feb-13 21:21:29

We use tots bots with fleece liners and mother ease wraps(airflow ones)
I love them, they hardly ever leak so poo explosions tend to be well controlled (even with fully bf babies!)

Good luck with the move photographer

Congrats everyone with good scans today, I had mine today too! All ok thank goodness, it's a real relief to be another step along the way towards meeting our lovely baby. We didn't find out gender ( they don't tell you here, but we didn't want to know anyway). I didn't look away and didn't see anything but I didn't with any of the boys scans either so I'm not reading anything into that.
Got some lovely photos, and enjoyed showing the boys who especially loved the pics of baby's hand looking like he/she was giving us a thumbs up!

MrsRoss26 Fri 15-Feb-13 20:54:48

BB wouldn't that be nice? grin

and yes! good luck with the move photographer, can't imagine moving bow pg, but hope your move is thoroughly exciting!

We are also hoping to try reusable, it's so much cheaper over the long run. Must get a tumble dryer first though wink

MightBeMad Fri 15-Feb-13 20:16:57

And good luck for the move photographer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now