Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

July 2013 thread 4 - keeping the duchess company

(960 Posts)
Runswithsquirrels Sat 26-Jan-13 13:53:01

No one seems to have started a new thread yet, so here we go!

princessllama-dc3-27th June
CottonSocks - 1st July
QuinandThem - 1st July
Badgerwife - DC2 - 1st July
Cutandstick - 2nd July
Runswithsquirrels - 2nd July
Thinkingof4- DC4 -2nd July
VinegarDrinker - DC2 - 2nd July
Persuasion - 3rd July
esme80 - 3rd july
Glup - 3rd July
emblosion - 3rd July
BB01 - 4th July
Dinkystinky - DC3 - 4th July
elliejjtiny - 4th July
wifey6 - 5th July
Notprincesskate - DC2 - 5 July
OhGood - 5th July
PenguinsInThePantry - 5th July
marmitemad DC2 - 6th July
Gingerpanther27 - 7th July
DifferentNow - DC5 - 7th July
Abzs - DC1 - 7th July
Efme - 8th July
GeorgieWilson - 9th July
shelley72 - 9th -
Devilforasideboard - 10th July
CitizenOscar - DC2 - 10th July
TwoOfThree - DC1 - 10th July
Calmisthemantra - 11th July
Specialknickers - 11th July
MrsMillions - DC1 - 11th July
mysterymeg - 12th July
Reikimummy - 12th July (DC1)
SlouchingPanda - 12th July
Thundercatz - 12th July
Twirliedobbit - DC4 - 12th July
Hai1988 - 14th July
LittleFlower888 - 14th July
Tashtastic - 14th July
Beaditsback - dc2 14th July
Lizincornwall - 15th July
Mizar - 15th July
photographerlady - 15th July
Guavasforbreakfast - DC1 - 16th July
paolocee/donna - 17th July
MiniPenguinMaker - DC1 - 17th July
MrsWildermac - 18th July
TotallyEggFlipped - 18th July
SingingMomma - 18th July
GingerJulep - DC1 - 19th July
Niktasha - 19th July
whitedaffodil - 19th July
Grannyapple DC2 - 19th July
orangebubbles - DC2 - 20th July
Thinking positive thoughts - 20th July
Cheeseandbread - DC1 - 20th July
AmaDablam - DC1 - 21st July
butterflyexperience - 22nd July
BadMissM- DC2- 22nd July
AllYoursBabooshka - 22nd July
Isitme1 - 23rd July
MightBeMad - 23rd July
Supershiv1 - DC1 - 23rd July
Boostar - 24th July
Cantreachmytoes - 24th July
MrsRoss26 - 24th July
Camb79 - 25th July
Sashabella0 - 25th July
BoyMeetsWorld - 27th July
marimama - 27th July
JessicaMLH - DC2 - 27th July
Flyingsprocket - 29th July
SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus - Unknown

BB01 Wed 13-Feb-13 13:15:11

Brill news, photographer!

Thinkingof4 Wed 13-Feb-13 13:43:42

That's great news photographer enjoy a restful day

And enjoy a busy day with your ds vinegar sounds like fun!

I've got v rare day to myself today and spent the morning going through each of the boys clothes, sorting out what's too small and getting everything packed into the relevant boxes. We have sooo many boxes of clothes in this house, this will definitely be our last baby so as this one outgrows things I will be able to get rid of stuff at last (sob) It will be very strange after holding onto stuff for over 6 years. Amazing most of it is still in pretty good condition despite mostly buying supermarket clothes for the boys!!

elliejjtiny Wed 13-Feb-13 14:24:04

I need to do that soon thinking. I'm dreading getting rid of stuff although there is a lady on facebook who makes quilts out of your DC's old baby clothes so I might do that with some of the things I can't bear to get rid of. DS3 grows quite slowly so he's had a lot of wear out of his clothes. I'm hoping DC4 will be similar as I will probably cry if he/she is like DS1, outgrowing clothes before they've been worn twice.

dinkystinky Wed 13-Feb-13 16:02:54

Wow - you are good Thinking! I have a day off at the end of March (just before Easter) and am planning a massage (with the lovely vouchers i got at xmas from my parents) and getting some baby stuff then. Should probably be virtuous and sort out grown out clothes - though as DS1 is only a head shorter than DS1 (he is very tall for his age!) anything DS1 grows out of goes straight into DS2's wardrobe it shouldnt take too long grin

Ellie - that quilt is a lovely idea for those treasured pieces.

MrsMillions Wed 13-Feb-13 17:09:11

Ooh Ellie the quilt idea is a lovely one. I've dabbled in a bit of patchwork over the last few years so this might give me an excuse to return to it when BabyMillions and any more that follow give me a chance. Don't think I'll be selling my skills but would be nice to make one myself.

Lots of snow here today so I've left work early, probably not early enough. Slightly scary walk from office to station as it was so slippery underfoot, expect the same from station to home the other end. Thankfully I can work from home tomorrow if necessary.

DH is away for work tonight so have the sofa and remote to myself. I slipped a Valentines card in his overnight bag, but am not holding out much hope he'll have left one at home for me. He will at least be home for tomorrow evening. Strange to think it'll be our last as just us 2, have a few things like that coming up.

Cheeseandbread Wed 13-Feb-13 18:04:05

Yea photographer so glad all is ok.

Glad you had good birthday fun vinegar

I'm full of cold at the mo but just have to get through tomorrow then we have an INSET on Friday- full day training but no kids.

Thinking you are far too organised I'm just jealous

Hope everyone else is holding up ok.

Thinkingof4 Wed 13-Feb-13 18:17:55

I must be in that super efficient glowing stage all the books talk about grin
It won't last long, I'm normally pretty slovenly with such things!

photographerlady Wed 13-Feb-13 18:34:10

Thinking I am looking forward to this glowing stage, finally I am not getting the odd spot anymore. Out of the teenage phase smile

MightBeMad Wed 13-Feb-13 18:42:03

You seems to have sent the teenage phase my way photographer, thanks for that winkgrin

17+1

flyingsprocket Wed 13-Feb-13 19:15:28

So glad everything's ok photographer I hope you're spoiling yourself today. If it makes you feel any better I've been bleeding for 4.5 weeks and still lil baby's doing fine.

Had 16 week midwife appointment today, she took my BP and dipped the urine sample & that was it! She was very friendly but advised against a trip overseas I had planned for next week due to my 'unexplained vaginal bleeding.'

I'm pretty upset about it, I'm so used to travelling with my job & really miss it. I mean if I've been bleeding for this long & haven't miscarried then what's the risk? My haemoglobin's fine, I feel fine and just want to see some sun hmm

MightBeMad Wed 13-Feb-13 19:23:52

Oh flying, that's really hard on both counts (bleeding and trip). Would you travel insurance cover you if you decided to ignore her advice and go anyway? Could you rebook it for some point in the future, when, hopefully, you may have stopped bleeding?

flyingsprocket Wed 13-Feb-13 19:37:45

My travel insurance doesn't cover 'normal pregnancy' ie. if I were to deliver at full term but does cover emergency medical care in any situation, pregnancy related or not. I can only really go next week on this particular trip but maybe hopefully I'll stop bleeding in the future and can arrange something then.

AmaDablam Wed 13-Feb-13 19:40:31

So glad everything is OK photographer, I was thinking of you and hoping it would be!

Sorry to hear you've been advised against your trip abroad flying, how disappointing. I know what you mean, it does sound over cautious, but in my (limited) experience midwives are generally quite blaze about stuff so if one advised against something I would definitely take it seriously. Perhaps you could get a second opinion?

My exciting news is that last night in bed, I am 99.9% sure that I felt the baby move! It was kind of like a tapping, bubbling feeling and I've felt it a couple of times today as well. It's not dissimilar to usual tummy gurglings but, I think I can tell the difference as those are almost always accompanied these days by gas needing to escape out of one end or the other blush

Oh dear, nearly ended that post with "kind regards" - need to get head out of work mode!

17+3

TomDaleysTrunks Wed 13-Feb-13 19:45:47

Quick post, having a crazy time at the moment. Passed my driving test, got offered the job I wanted but have a stinking cold cough thing. Feel like crap so have been either at work or in bed.

Happy birthday to littlevinegar

photographer so pleased to hear all was fine, really frightening for you. Have you moved yet?

<waves to all>

Congrats on the driving licence & job, TomDaley!

dinkystinky Wed 13-Feb-13 20:14:53

Flying - sorry MW cautioned against the trip. I think given the scare you've had they are probably erring on the side of caution.

Congrats on job and your licence TomDaley. Seems like a lot of us on the thread have colds at the moment.

Cutandstick Wed 13-Feb-13 20:40:49

Congrats on the job tomdaley and on the positive news photographer! Get lots of rest!
Made me laugh cheese I've had some funny questions about babies from my class, and a few girls have taken to gently patting it as they walk past - which is quite peculiar!

SlouchingPanda Wed 13-Feb-13 20:58:19

Photographer, big relief to hear your update. I woke up at 0530 and the first thing I did was check my phone for news.

Sprocket - so hard to know what to do for the best. Chances are all would be fine if you went, but if it were me, I'd feel uneasy risking it. But I'm a risk averse, worst case scenario kind of gal...

18+6 today and been asked by more than one person at work if I'm pregnant. grin Feel pregnant and proud!

Abzs Wed 13-Feb-13 21:13:35

Goodness, you lot can't half talk! It's taken three days to catch up on everything!

Glad you are okay photographer, and well done Tom.

I now have my first pair of maternity jeans. Went to Next and New Look, handily next door to each other, and bought ones from Next. I may be spending too much time on the S&B board, but I can see where the £10 price difference goes. Still going to need some plain trousers for work soon and some longer tops.

I don't have a cold, but my ears are all muffly and all I can hear properly is my own pulse. Fully expect to catch some sort of lurgy next week as I'm off to Scout camp with 60 teenagers in a damp sweaty bunkhouse.

Supershiv1 Wed 13-Feb-13 23:56:17

Thanks for regards about my sister, she's ok & has a cool big sister to look after her. Children weren't in her immediate plans but its the fact the option is no longer there that's the shock.
Travel insurance- have an annual world wide policy & called them up to check cover. They referred me to an insurance nurse because of the bleeding at Christmas, but came back ok. So am off for a week of sun in 2 wks. Not the Caribbean like Kate though (although I'd better watch out for the paps)
grin
I am suddenly like an elephant.
16+4

photographerlady Thu 14-Feb-13 07:25:03

Morning everyone. I will join super as I feel massive ATM. I think because I am over 5'10" I'm not baby bumping I am just massive. I had lots of pudge to begin with but really noticing it now.

flying sorry to hear about work hopefully something works out.

Ama congrats on the baby movements! Can't wait til we are all feeling bubbles and then kicks. Not long now til halfway.

Tom grats on the driving test, I am hoping on taking my theory and then my test in April. Just hoping baby brain doesn't get me. You question on movement I have felt a little but then again I am not sure what if feels like so hoping it was the baby. Hopefully in the coming weeks it will get more and more stronger.

Slouching things seem a lot better now I had a lazy day yesterday and an early night. Bleeding has stopped so that's step 1.

notprincesskate Thu 14-Feb-13 08:24:02

Just trying to catch up, glad to hear of all the positive 20week scans and start of pink and blue bumps. Also very glad to hear positive news from photographer's scare. Little news here, eating everything insight, sadly my salad craving hasn't lasted as long as the junk food one, I'm trying not to worry about, but I know I'm piling on weight I don't need to, and it will be hard to lose at the other end with the poor habits I'm getting back into, but I guess WW will have to become my friend again and a lot earlier than after DD, hoping I can breast feed too this time and that might help.
Off to the oesteopath again today for my back/pgp, was a godsend last week, so fingers crossed it'll be just as good today.
19+4

Huffpot Thu 14-Feb-13 09:13:17

Morning all.
Am glad to hear all is well Photographer

Woohoo Tom well done. I am planning on starting my driving lessons soon - I need it before this baby comes and the boys start nursery

I have been full of cold since I fell pregnant and am so sick of it!

I feel your pain notprincesskate - I was doing SW before pregnancy and enjoying it but have no interest in it at the moment and too scared to step on the scales blush

MightBeMad Thu 14-Feb-13 09:56:40

Well done Tom!!

Get well soon to all those suffering with colds. I had one last week and bluergh!! Horrid on top of pg symptoms.

Anyone seen the news on Oscar Pistorius this morning shock

dinkystinky Thu 14-Feb-13 09:58:04

Notprincesskate and Huffpot - you know you lost weight after having your babies previously so you can, and will, do it again. I ended up the fittest ever about 2 years after having DS2. Avoid the evil scales - they are not your friends in pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now