Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2013 thread 4 - keeping the duchess company

(960 Posts)
Runswithsquirrels Sat 26-Jan-13 13:53:01

No one seems to have started a new thread yet, so here we go!

princessllama-dc3-27th June
CottonSocks - 1st July
QuinandThem - 1st July
Badgerwife - DC2 - 1st July
Cutandstick - 2nd July
Runswithsquirrels - 2nd July
Thinkingof4- DC4 -2nd July
VinegarDrinker - DC2 - 2nd July
Persuasion - 3rd July
esme80 - 3rd july
Glup - 3rd July
emblosion - 3rd July
BB01 - 4th July
Dinkystinky - DC3 - 4th July
elliejjtiny - 4th July
wifey6 - 5th July
Notprincesskate - DC2 - 5 July
OhGood - 5th July
PenguinsInThePantry - 5th July
marmitemad DC2 - 6th July
Gingerpanther27 - 7th July
DifferentNow - DC5 - 7th July
Abzs - DC1 - 7th July
Efme - 8th July
GeorgieWilson - 9th July
shelley72 - 9th -
Devilforasideboard - 10th July
CitizenOscar - DC2 - 10th July
TwoOfThree - DC1 - 10th July
Calmisthemantra - 11th July
Specialknickers - 11th July
MrsMillions - DC1 - 11th July
mysterymeg - 12th July
Reikimummy - 12th July (DC1)
SlouchingPanda - 12th July
Thundercatz - 12th July
Twirliedobbit - DC4 - 12th July
Hai1988 - 14th July
LittleFlower888 - 14th July
Tashtastic - 14th July
Beaditsback - dc2 14th July
Lizincornwall - 15th July
Mizar - 15th July
photographerlady - 15th July
Guavasforbreakfast - DC1 - 16th July
paolocee/donna - 17th July
MiniPenguinMaker - DC1 - 17th July
MrsWildermac - 18th July
TotallyEggFlipped - 18th July
SingingMomma - 18th July
GingerJulep - DC1 - 19th July
Niktasha - 19th July
whitedaffodil - 19th July
Grannyapple DC2 - 19th July
orangebubbles - DC2 - 20th July
Thinking positive thoughts - 20th July
Cheeseandbread - DC1 - 20th July
AmaDablam - DC1 - 21st July
butterflyexperience - 22nd July
BadMissM- DC2- 22nd July
AllYoursBabooshka - 22nd July
Isitme1 - 23rd July
MightBeMad - 23rd July
Supershiv1 - DC1 - 23rd July
Boostar - 24th July
Cantreachmytoes - 24th July
MrsRoss26 - 24th July
Camb79 - 25th July
Sashabella0 - 25th July
BoyMeetsWorld - 27th July
marimama - 27th July
JessicaMLH - DC2 - 27th July
Flyingsprocket - 29th July
SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus - Unknown

photographerlady Tue 12-Feb-13 11:17:16

Quin congrats on the great scan, did the tech ask if you wanted to know the sex off the start? Times flying now smile

emblosion Tue 12-Feb-13 11:24:46

Haven't fully caught up, but AmaDablam you've just reminded me that my husband wanted ds's middle name to be 'Japan' as it was where we couldn't go on honeymoon due to me being pregnant (it is not his middle name, lol) smile

emblosion Tue 12-Feb-13 11:26:33

Ooo congrats to all with good scans too - mines tomorrow - eek. The policy at our hospital is not to tell you the sex, but I really want to know, to narrow down name choices if nothing else smile

Supershiv1 Tue 12-Feb-13 11:36:30

Can't keep up!

Today I am at Liverpool women's hospital with my little sister who has been diagnosed with early menopause at 33.
She's having a hsg (?) Where dye is put through her ovaries/womb to check for eggs and blockages and stuff.
Life can be quite ironic as I am sat here with my pregnant belly. She is chuffed she is goingoto be an auntie though there's more pressure on me to get 'it right' now.

Quinandthem Tue 12-Feb-13 11:57:45

shiv i hope your sister is OK. Must have been a shock dx.

photo at the beginning she didn't ask either way and we didn't tell her, as we were going through the scan we bought it up that we didn't want to know and she said that she thought it was the last surprise you could have and generally got the feeling she was against people finding out but she didn't mention what the hospital policy was.

We have a girls name we both are really keen on but boys names seem a bit harder. funny how people seem to have more trouble with one sex than other?

dinkystinky Tue 12-Feb-13 12:04:43

Glad you had a good scan Quin. Its odd - we have a girls name agreed upon (the only one we could agree on when I was pregnant with DS1) but difficulties with boys (probably because we've used up our favourites already). It occurred to me that DS1 and DS2 have names from West Wing - so now starting to think of other names from WW to suggest to DH. He's not too keen on Jebediah, Sam would work as his last name is a S name (and his initials are SS and he hates it) and cant use Leo as we have a friend who called their child that. Charlie and Toby seem to be the only ones sort of in the running but am not wild about either of those (would like Charlie for a girl, like Tobias but DH says its too biblical).

Lol at the Japan middle name emblosion. Glad to see I'm not the only one with a potential star wars named child Esme grin

Supershiv - I am so sorry to hear your sister has been diagnosed with early menopause. How is she doing?

MightBeMad Tue 12-Feb-13 12:17:42

Supershiv, I hope your sister is okay.

Congrats on good scans orange, quin and anyone else I've missed! good luck for tomorrow Emblosion.

SlouchingPanda Tue 12-Feb-13 13:28:29

Photographer if a decaf latte, doritos and oreos are as bad as it gets I think you're doing ok. I am eating like a horse! Bought a bar of dairy milk yesterday and finished it before I'd even noticed...

This baby is also craving crisps, haribo and time outs wink

18+5

photographerlady Tue 12-Feb-13 13:28:53

Thanks for sharing Quin I hope to find out, actually really looking forward to it even though my DH is convinced its a girl. Only a couple more weeks.

VinegarDrinker Tue 12-Feb-13 13:35:42

Yup, this baby can't get enough junk food either, Panda ... I only ever crave sweets/chocolate when i'm pregnancy, although I am a crisp addict anyway. And mayo, with everything is my latest unhealthy habit.

Scan this evening, we are hoping to find out the sex, but mainly just hoping all is well with bean.

VinegarDrinker Tue 12-Feb-13 13:36:04

Oh and DS1 is 2 tomorrow, so busy few days!

photographerlady Tue 12-Feb-13 13:38:13

hehe SlouchingPanda if the baby wants dairy milk obviously they needed the calcium grin

elliejjtiny Tue 12-Feb-13 14:21:50

supershiv sorry to hear about your sister.

photographer I got a v shaped pillow from dunelm mill when DS3 was tiny. You can buy extra covers cheaply as well which I found essential as he had reflux

orange congratulations on your blue bump

Congratulations on good scans and good luck to those who have them coming up. I've got mine on monday and I'm not sure whether to find out the sex or not.

After another google I discovered that low platelets can happen if the blood doesn't come out easily as the platelets all stick together. That definately happened with me as the anaesthetist had to "suck" quite hard on the syringe as my blood slowly dripped out. As I don't have any other symptoms I reckon it's probably that. The receptionist was a bit disappointed though when she tried to book me in with the nurse to have it redone and I said I had to have it done by an anaesthetist. I think she was expecting it to be a quick job to sort out! Hopefully I'll be able to have it done when I have my scan on monday.

This morning I was poking myself in the tummy, trying to get the baby to move and I felt the top of my womb, just below my belly button. It's meant to be level with your belly button at 20 weeks so it's the right size for dates. Feel a bit more confident now.

bigbelly4 Tue 12-Feb-13 14:42:56

dinky I know, I had the wrong boots on - wasnt planning on going too far! So completely my doing, darn it. other 3 kiddiwinks were having so much fun on their bikes we got carried away!

Just had a nice swim so feeling much better. I'm quite active so its a bit of a bummer but should be better tomorrow, fingers crossed.

MightBeMad Tue 12-Feb-13 14:44:07

Good luck for your scan too Vinegar and for DS1's birthday. Is he really excited or not quite old enough to understand yet? DC1's 2nd birthday will be 6 weeks after this baby is due so I'm wondering what I've let myself in for on that score!

Can I just say: oooooooooooooooooooooooh!! Dairy Milk!!! I haven't really craved chocolate at all this pg but seeing you all discussing it has me wondering where my nearest vending machine is.... grin

dinkystinky Tue 12-Feb-13 14:54:10

Good luck for your scan tonight Vinegar and happy birthday in advance for your DS. Hope he has a lovely day.

Slouching - I read your post as your baby craving Time out the magazine. [Grin] Thought wow, that's quite an erudite bump...

flyingsprocket Tue 12-Feb-13 15:50:07

Hope your sis is ok shiv that must be quite traumatic.

I rarely eat chocolate but since being PG I'm loving it. It gives me mouth ulcers though sad

Played golf today & man I am frozen, it's so wintery out there. It's the only exercise I seem to be allowed & I'm hoping I can keep it up right til July!

Thinkingof4 Tue 12-Feb-13 17:08:21

Just a quick post, good luck to those with imminent scans

shiv my sister went through early menopause diagnosed when she was 37 and I was pregnant with ds2 at the time. She has since gone on to have a successful ivf treatment (ds1) and is now 22 weeks pregnant with dc2- this time a spontaneous conception, just as she was due to go back to ivf clinic! So there is hope for your sister. Pm me if you want more details ( ivf was privately funded)

Beginningofthejourney Tue 12-Feb-13 19:03:41

Thanks ama and mightbemad I have an appointment to see gp and have blood test just to check liver on Friday (earliest I could get) but I have kept my slippers on all day in the office and my feet seem much less itchy so not too worried.
Just gonna try and make some pancakes with banana's and chocolate spread, that got to be one of my 5 a day right? wink

photographerlady Tue 12-Feb-13 19:15:04

Evening ladies, late this afternoon I started to have some bleeding and pain. Feels like my cervix but I guess just that area. Came home and called the number on my mat notes. We are off to hospital as they didn't want to have me leave it overnight. Not the evening I had planned sad

Thinkingof4 Tue 12-Feb-13 19:16:49

Sorry to hear that photographer fx everything is ok. Must be really scary x

cheekbyjowl Tue 12-Feb-13 19:47:19

Will pray for you photographer that all is ok.

photographer, I hope everything is ok. Will be thinking of you. X

VinegarDrinker Tue 12-Feb-13 19:52:37

photographer sending lots of good vibes for you. Really hope all is well and glad you are being looked after.

Scan tonight for me but baby was not playing ball at all, despite being sent off to jump up and down etc. So back next week for another go at all the measurements (and gender). Bit disappointing but hey ho.

AmaDablam Tue 12-Feb-13 20:13:04

Sorry to hear that photographer, really hope everything's fine and it'll stop soon and just be put down as "one of those things". Glad you're on your way to get it checked out. Thinking of you.

beginning glad you're getting your itch checked out. It's good mightbe was more knowledgeable on the topic than me and could follow up with some more reassuring and specific advice.

Great news on the scan Quin. Mine's still nearly 3 weeks away - seems ages! We intend to find out. I didn't realise there were still quite a few hospitals that don't tell you the gender. Mind you I'm having to remind myself that it's not 100% accurate - my friend (who was with the same hospital as me) was told she was having a girl at the 20 week scan, but ended up having a boy! She did actually know by the time she gave birth because a medical issue meant she was having monthly scans, but it just goes to show they can never be totally sure.

Sorry to hear about your sister shiv hope she is OK, the tests weren't too painful, and that there may still be some hope for her to have a family, if this is what she chooses. Sadly my own sister is never going to be able to have a baby (something she's known for a long while so hasn't had to go through the agony of trying, but very hard for her nonetheless) and it was very bittersweet giving her the news that I was expecting. She has shown nothing but happiness and support for me though and is really looking forward to being an auntie too.

On the eating side of things I'm mostly craving sweet and tangy things. On the plus side, fruit falls into this category - usually I'm not that fussed by it and struggle to get my 5 a day, but now I can't get enough. However, I'm also finding lots of less healthy things like sweets and cake seem to find their way into my tummy. I'm currently using the excuse that I'm still really struggling to put on weight (despite expanding belly and boobs, somehow) to eat exactly what I fancy. I know it's not good though - my sugar intake must be through the roof, I amazed I don't have raging thrush!

17+2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now