Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

July 2013 thread 4 - keeping the duchess company

(960 Posts)
Runswithsquirrels Sat 26-Jan-13 13:53:01

No one seems to have started a new thread yet, so here we go!

princessllama-dc3-27th June
CottonSocks - 1st July
QuinandThem - 1st July
Badgerwife - DC2 - 1st July
Cutandstick - 2nd July
Runswithsquirrels - 2nd July
Thinkingof4- DC4 -2nd July
VinegarDrinker - DC2 - 2nd July
Persuasion - 3rd July
esme80 - 3rd july
Glup - 3rd July
emblosion - 3rd July
BB01 - 4th July
Dinkystinky - DC3 - 4th July
elliejjtiny - 4th July
wifey6 - 5th July
Notprincesskate - DC2 - 5 July
OhGood - 5th July
PenguinsInThePantry - 5th July
marmitemad DC2 - 6th July
Gingerpanther27 - 7th July
DifferentNow - DC5 - 7th July
Abzs - DC1 - 7th July
Efme - 8th July
GeorgieWilson - 9th July
shelley72 - 9th -
Devilforasideboard - 10th July
CitizenOscar - DC2 - 10th July
TwoOfThree - DC1 - 10th July
Calmisthemantra - 11th July
Specialknickers - 11th July
MrsMillions - DC1 - 11th July
mysterymeg - 12th July
Reikimummy - 12th July (DC1)
SlouchingPanda - 12th July
Thundercatz - 12th July
Twirliedobbit - DC4 - 12th July
Hai1988 - 14th July
LittleFlower888 - 14th July
Tashtastic - 14th July
Beaditsback - dc2 14th July
Lizincornwall - 15th July
Mizar - 15th July
photographerlady - 15th July
Guavasforbreakfast - DC1 - 16th July
paolocee/donna - 17th July
MiniPenguinMaker - DC1 - 17th July
MrsWildermac - 18th July
TotallyEggFlipped - 18th July
SingingMomma - 18th July
GingerJulep - DC1 - 19th July
Niktasha - 19th July
whitedaffodil - 19th July
Grannyapple DC2 - 19th July
orangebubbles - DC2 - 20th July
Thinking positive thoughts - 20th July
Cheeseandbread - DC1 - 20th July
AmaDablam - DC1 - 21st July
butterflyexperience - 22nd July
BadMissM- DC2- 22nd July
AllYoursBabooshka - 22nd July
Isitme1 - 23rd July
MightBeMad - 23rd July
Supershiv1 - DC1 - 23rd July
Boostar - 24th July
Cantreachmytoes - 24th July
MrsRoss26 - 24th July
Camb79 - 25th July
Sashabella0 - 25th July
BoyMeetsWorld - 27th July
marimama - 27th July
JessicaMLH - DC2 - 27th July
Flyingsprocket - 29th July
SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus - Unknown

MarieKL Sat 02-Feb-13 21:51:43

Flying sorry to hear you're still bleeding. You must be so feed up. I hope the name choosing gives you something else to think about.

We're similar to Citizen, only one boys name we both like and we used that for DS. We're going to wait till the birth to find out. I know I'll be going crazy with wondering towards the end, but I also know how much I enjoyed not knowing with DS. Mind you as DS keeps declaring, "I might be a big brother, I might be a big sister" there is an argument for finding out sooner smile

Any name ideas greatly appreciated. Would love a rare but English sounding name. Otherwise we'll just have to default to our cats names, Charlotte and Slyvester!!!

paolocee Sun 03-Feb-13 07:40:45

Re: names, we're finding boys' names a piece of cake. It's girls' names that are so difficult. Girls' names seem to be prone to so much faddishness. The ones I've liked forever as they were slightly unusual and simple are now really popular.

DW's sister even nicked one of our ideas a couple of years back because she thought we'd never have kids. hmm

So, we're sorted for boys but not girls. And I'm of Irish descent but prefer the more rural Irish names. (No, not Spud or Poteen) grin

Huffpot Sun 03-Feb-13 09:03:16

Our two boys have Irish names so bump will have one too.
Our eldest is Tadhg so thats quite unusual.
We are already starting to look round a bit now and debating.

My friend back home is pregnant too and is bleeding (and its an IVF baby) and its awful. It would be awful so you have my full sympathy and thoughts Flying sad

esme80 Sun 03-Feb-13 09:44:27

paolocee my SIL nicked one of our girl names a few years ago too! Although it was more my DHs name so I was quietly grateful for it...
We have girls names, but stuck on boys names. Trying to find Swedish names I like in english and vice versa, so complicates it a bit. But have decided not to discuss it anymore till we find out what we are having at scan on 15th. Less than 2 weeks away now, cant wait!

dinkystinky Sun 03-Feb-13 10:17:35

Esme - my Swedish friend had a devil of a time finding a boys name that worked in english and swedish - she called her little boy Elliott in the end which I thought was lovely.

Dh went to look after mil yesterday - in the not quite 24 hours he has been gone DS2 has come down with a racking cough that had him (and me) up most of last night and the microwave has blown up! Sigh.

Hai1988 Sun 03-Feb-13 10:49:18

Hey all just thought id give a quick update as its been a while since i posted.

Well its 17+2 today and am feeling quite good, boobs dont hurt as much anymore and bump is getting bigger, have gone up a clothes size as i think.maternity clothes are so expensive i just get bigger clothes .Have put on quite a bit of weight tho but dont wanna sweat about it to much.

Heard the heart beat at 16wk app which was great smile

Have started to get a tad organised have bought a few baby clothes manly sleepsuits and a cute popcorn blanket.
Have sorted through DS's old clothes that i am.gonna reuse, will wash all clothes at some point. As you can see am quite organised and a control freak which leads me to my lil rant, please tell me to calm down and tell.me i am being unreasonable if you think i am.

Well my fil has very very kindly offered to buy us the babys pram for us which i am extremly greatfull for.

The thing is he is the type of man who gets everything last minuite (litrally shops on xmas eve and getd birthday gifts the day before or sometimes even on the birthdays)

Everytime the subject of the pram comes up he says we'll get it eventually.theres no rush, which i get i am only 17weeks atm. But am so worried it will be left right up till week before my due date or even right up till or after depending what happens. My question to you is, it is just hormones or would this bug and worry the hell out of you aswell ?

Really sorry for the long post, hope all you ladies are well smile

dinkystinky Sun 03-Feb-13 11:29:16

Hai - glad all well with you. Wouldn't bug me as you don't need a pram for the second your baby comes out - would be much more worried about having to have the car seat to travel with if you are giving birth outside of home. That said, if you are stressing about it and see a good deal on the pram you want, probably worth pointing fil in that direction as will save him money...

CitizenOscar Sun 03-Feb-13 12:05:57

Hai1988 - i like to be organised too, so it would have bugged me first time round. Now I know it's not actually that urgent so I'd be more relaxed. But it depends whether you're expecting to go shopping together to choose it etc, or want to keep an eye on bargains. Are you expecting to tell him what to buy & he'll just pay for it? If so you could just send him the link to the one you want & ask him to buy it - if there's a sale deadline make that clear, otherwise leave it up to him.

Car seat and even sling/carrier probably more urgent than a pram. But even they don't need buying way in advance!

Hai1988 Sun 03-Feb-13 12:07:46

Hi thanks for the reply dinky

Thats the thing tho if it was just the pram yeah i get i wont need it for a few days proberly, but the pram we want and fil has agreed on getting is a pram travel systemso you get the matching car seat with it and as you say you need that to.get home.

It is on deal atm the car seat is free when you by the pram but he has just said that it doesnt matter if the deal goes then he will just buy the car seat separate! Why spend more money when you dont have to :$

Hai1988 Sun 03-Feb-13 12:09:51

Sorry didnt mean tp ignore your post citizen was x post

Persuasion Sun 03-Feb-13 12:18:25

Glad things are going well hai. I don't think it's unreasonable if you're the sort of person who likes to be organised. I'm similar, but we've compromised, in that we've been shopping, had a play with several pushchairs and have essentially chosen, and now we're waiting for a good offer on the one we want, which delays it enough to keep DH calm!

On that subject, we had fun playing with pushchairs yesterday, and bought some baby clothes and a sleepsack (a gift from DHs parents and grandparents). It has suddenly made things feel very real!

flying sorry your still bleeding, but it's good news that the baby is ok. Must be terribly stressful for you, I hope you're being well looked after smile

In terms of names we find girls much easier than boys. We also have a short surname which is a bit limiting, but we have an early short list going, although it may yet change!

Persuasion Sun 03-Feb-13 12:20:14

Sorry, cross posted Hai! Sounds like you're definitely not being unreasonable in that case!

Hai1988 Sun 03-Feb-13 12:34:38

Thank you perswasion glad to no its not just me and my crazy homones being unreasonble smile

lizincornwall Sun 03-Feb-13 14:03:51

Hai, I agree you're not being unreasonable. I'd be stressing too smile
Excuses you could try: baby could come early, you need to practice with it before the bump gets too big?
The car seat you defo need early doors - any chance you could buy it all, and FIL reimburse you later? That sounds really rude I bet, but I think we are allowed to be more militant keen than usual with the whole baby thing.

For instance, it took me a few weeks with DD to start asking people to bring lunch when they came to visit grin. It made such a difference & no-one seemed to mind!

Thinking of you flying. A friend at work had the same thing, and looked so worried the whole time, it must be so scary. To help reassure, everything turned out absolutely fine!

dinkystinky Sun 03-Feb-13 15:49:58

In that case Hai, I would say you need it to arrive by no later than 34 weeks as you will need the car seat if baby comes early.

cheekbyjowl Sun 03-Feb-13 16:13:41

I wouldnt worry. You could say that you love shopping for baby stuff and would be thrilled to go with him when he gets it. And if he hasnt got it in 5 months time youll bet he will make sure its with you by the time you need it. still got a while yet smile

specialknickers Sun 03-Feb-13 18:51:56

Can I ask a very personal question? I'm guessing most of us are now in maternity jeans, but do you actually look pregnant yet? Despite not really putting on any weight (maybe a lb or two max, I am being very careful because of my pelvic problems and advanced age) I look really quite chunky.

Have any of you got a proper bump yet?

VinegarDrinker Sun 03-Feb-13 19:01:06

I've got a small but fairly obvious bump specialknickers but thisis no 2 and most people seem to 'pop' earlier second & subsequent times. This week I have had people asking if I'm pregnant for the first time.

I'm 18+5.

dinkystinky Sun 03-Feb-13 19:02:35

I do have a proper bump special knickers - I look like a weeble! I think 2 big babies have destroyed my abs muscles... We all develop in different ways, your bump will come.

Thinkingof4 Sun 03-Feb-13 19:07:20

special I've had a proper bump since about 12 weeks but I am on pg no4 and have no abdominals left to speak of! I have an impressive bump now at 18+5, not feeling heavy, just a lovely wee baby bump grin

specialknickers Sun 03-Feb-13 19:08:00

This is my number two as well and I have no abs either! I do have an inverse pelvis though, which means my babies grow into my back (as painful as it sounds unfortunately)... Would love a nice bump to show for it!

dinkystinky Sun 03-Feb-13 19:11:12

Special - I was nowhere near this size at coming up to 19 weeks with DS2! Ouch, babies growing into your back sounds super painful.

I seem to fluctuate - sometimes I look pregnant, sometimes just fat. I find maternity tops are doing wonders for making me look pregnant, my old clothes just make me look like a potato! A pregnant friend said I had a little bump, but no one who doesn't know has noticed. Time still seems to be dragging, can't wait for 20 week scan now.
16+5 and counting...

MightBeMad Sun 03-Feb-13 19:19:23

Special, yes, sadly (given what it says about the state of my abs this time around) I have a definite bump now! Didn't show until about 20 weeks with dc1 but this time people have been noticing/commenting since about 12 weeks , if not before blush

15+5

Abzs Sun 03-Feb-13 19:19:57

I have a bump that shows in a dress, but not in jumper and trousers or a winter coat.

I really have to go shopping for maternity trousers. I only have one pair that will fit me for work and only one for home too.

18+0

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now