Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

July 2013 thread 4 - keeping the duchess company

(960 Posts)
Runswithsquirrels Sat 26-Jan-13 13:53:01

No one seems to have started a new thread yet, so here we go!

princessllama-dc3-27th June
CottonSocks - 1st July
QuinandThem - 1st July
Badgerwife - DC2 - 1st July
Cutandstick - 2nd July
Runswithsquirrels - 2nd July
Thinkingof4- DC4 -2nd July
VinegarDrinker - DC2 - 2nd July
Persuasion - 3rd July
esme80 - 3rd july
Glup - 3rd July
emblosion - 3rd July
BB01 - 4th July
Dinkystinky - DC3 - 4th July
elliejjtiny - 4th July
wifey6 - 5th July
Notprincesskate - DC2 - 5 July
OhGood - 5th July
PenguinsInThePantry - 5th July
marmitemad DC2 - 6th July
Gingerpanther27 - 7th July
DifferentNow - DC5 - 7th July
Abzs - DC1 - 7th July
Efme - 8th July
GeorgieWilson - 9th July
shelley72 - 9th -
Devilforasideboard - 10th July
CitizenOscar - DC2 - 10th July
TwoOfThree - DC1 - 10th July
Calmisthemantra - 11th July
Specialknickers - 11th July
MrsMillions - DC1 - 11th July
mysterymeg - 12th July
Reikimummy - 12th July (DC1)
SlouchingPanda - 12th July
Thundercatz - 12th July
Twirliedobbit - DC4 - 12th July
Hai1988 - 14th July
LittleFlower888 - 14th July
Tashtastic - 14th July
Beaditsback - dc2 14th July
Lizincornwall - 15th July
Mizar - 15th July
photographerlady - 15th July
Guavasforbreakfast - DC1 - 16th July
paolocee/donna - 17th July
MiniPenguinMaker - DC1 - 17th July
MrsWildermac - 18th July
TotallyEggFlipped - 18th July
SingingMomma - 18th July
GingerJulep - DC1 - 19th July
Niktasha - 19th July
whitedaffodil - 19th July
Grannyapple DC2 - 19th July
orangebubbles - DC2 - 20th July
Thinking positive thoughts - 20th July
Cheeseandbread - DC1 - 20th July
AmaDablam - DC1 - 21st July
butterflyexperience - 22nd July
BadMissM- DC2- 22nd July
AllYoursBabooshka - 22nd July
Isitme1 - 23rd July
MightBeMad - 23rd July
Supershiv1 - DC1 - 23rd July
Boostar - 24th July
Cantreachmytoes - 24th July
MrsRoss26 - 24th July
Camb79 - 25th July
Sashabella0 - 25th July
BoyMeetsWorld - 27th July
marimama - 27th July
JessicaMLH - DC2 - 27th July
Flyingsprocket - 29th July
SchroSawMummyRidingSantaClaus - Unknown

dinkystinky Fri 01-Feb-13 17:07:33

If it was a bargain and fits your requirements BadMissM - I find its easier to disperse the cost of baby stuff over a good few months if that helps at all.

BadMissM Fri 01-Feb-13 18:17:24

It was an absolute bargain, half price with all accessores too dinky and has everything I need, so am pretty happy!

Has anyone tried Floradix for tiredness, and what do they think?

dinkystinky Fri 01-Feb-13 18:45:42

Sounds perfect BadmissM. Ds1 takes a couple of floradix liquid supplements and they smell and taste vile but he can drink them. Pricy though - cheapest option to buy seems Amazon subscribe and save.

AmaDablam Fri 01-Feb-13 19:08:40

Really glad everything was OK at the scan flying. Please don't worry about being a "drama queen", we all have our little dramas and it does sound like you've been through a really worrying time. Hope the bleeding stops or at least eases off very soon.

Very jealous of everyone who got to hear heartbeats at their recent MW appointment. I wasn't offered it, and completely forgot to ask, what with all the blood test/different midwife palaver. Also, for some reason in my area they see you at 15 weeks rather than 16 as everyone else seems to have. Seems a long way to go now until 25 weeks, but at least there is the scan to look forward to in between. I didn't get weighed either and the only reason I got weighed at booking in was because she asked me how much I was and I honestly had no idea (have since purchased some scales). Cutbacks, eh? I was even asked to wash out and re-use my urine sample pot!!

I keep thinking that maybe I've felt little flutters but I'm not sure if it's the baby or just my gurgly tummy. Still, all the books reckon that with it being my first I'm unlikely to feel anything for a few weeks yet so I'm trying to be patient and not worry about it too much.

Esme I did the intermediate section of the BuddhaBellies DVD this morning and quite liked it. I did find the lady's voice a little monotonous and wished she would smile a bit, but at least she was not tacky or patronising and the exercises were good. I was shocked at how un-flexible I'd become though, in the six months or so since I last did any yoga! Thanks for the recommendation.

Ama we don't even get a pot! Just get sent to the loo with a stick to piss on then take back to the room.

flyingsprocket Fri 01-Feb-13 19:43:33

What buggy did you buy badmissm I've allowed myself to start looking today!

I second the angry cat & cow stretches notprincesskate they really helped me (thanks dinky)

AmaDablam Fri 01-Feb-13 19:45:18

Haha, I guess I'm lucky then! At least I get to produce my sample in the comfort of my own home smile

Cutandstick Fri 01-Feb-13 20:46:30

I can't believe how much exercise you all do, after 12+ hours a day out at work, cook dinner and crawl to bed! I keep looking at antenatal yoga but the thoughts of when will I eat and get to bed seem to stop me! Ahhhhhhhh!

dinkystinky Fri 01-Feb-13 20:57:08

Cut - I squeeze it in as am sat on my arse in an office all day so I need the stress release - I would also be even more enormous than I am now without it....

Thinkingof4 Fri 01-Feb-13 20:57:20

What a bargain those half price mountain buggies are esp the duo which will be great in the snow paolo and that twin carrycot is so adorable! You won't regret that purchase.
Glad to hear everything is ok flying
What buggy did you get badmissm? <nosey>

Yaay for the weekend!! And ds1 has recovered from his viral bug so we can actually go out somewhere!
18+3

dinkystinky Fri 01-Feb-13 21:51:28

Glad ds1 is better Thinking. Enjoy your weekend.

paolocee Fri 01-Feb-13 22:26:50

Good news Flying, had my fingers crossed for you. And thanks again Princess - great spot.
Anyone else pondering names yet? And who's going to find out the sex?
We're undecided....confused

CitizenOscar Fri 01-Feb-13 22:34:05

Paolo - we've had some name discussions but holding off til we find out the sex (5 weeks to go!). Last time we spent hours arguing about DH's ridiculous taste in girls' names which we realised had been a total waste of time when we found out we were having a boy. Not wasting my breath until I need to this time! grin

paolocee Fri 01-Feb-13 22:36:41

Citizen, give us an example of DH's terrible names. I'll see if I can better/worst it.grin

Cheeseandbread Sat 02-Feb-13 05:16:38

I'm with you cut and stick I couldn't manage all that exercise either. What with the long hours and being exhausted from the kids all day- I wonder if my one will be more or less exhausting than the 30 that I've currently got... I seem to be with the camp that are using chocolate rather than exercise for energy and have just discovered creme eggs - used to find them too sweet but not any more!

I know we have a few teachers on here- when are you planning on telling your lovely lot? Mine I know would be excited but I don't want to tell them too soon.

Happy weekend everyone! I might go bra shopping later as I think my boobs have grown again. I know they ache and are sore but I love having actual boobs! Was barely an A cup before...

Runswithsquirrels Sat 02-Feb-13 07:35:26

Hi cheese I teach year three at the moment so I don't think I'll tell them until they notice, which will probably be when I look like I'm smuggling footballs under my jumper. I do year six booster groups as well so I expect they'll get a bit inquisitive soon. I don't intend to tell them until they notice.

photographerlady Sat 02-Feb-13 07:40:04

Morning all. I love the cats are supporting my pregnancy by taking up the entire foot of my side of the bed. I have been sleeping at a weird angle while trying (and failing) to sleep on my side.
I know this early on side sleeping isn't that important but I am such a back sleeper it's going to be tough. I'm talking the DH into ikea this weekend to buy a few massive body pillows.

Baby names are tough as I tend to shoot a lot of baby/child portraits in the summer and all of them have the same "popular name of the year". We have picked out boy and girl name and I'm now impatient for the next scan to find out the gender. I am so excited not sure how some people hold off till the birth smile

Huffpot Sat 02-Feb-13 08:19:18

So glad everything was ok Flyinggrin

Would love a new buggy as our Phil and Teds is also a bit battered. Can't wait till the weather warms up and I can give it a good scrub!

We aren't going to find out the sex - we've always done the surprise thing.

Mind you it took us 5 days to name DS2 as DP was so convinced it was a girl that he wouldn't even talk about boys nameshmm
Men!

mysterymeg Sat 02-Feb-13 08:38:36

Huffpot I have the opposite problem. We're not finding out but I'm already so convinced it's a boy if they pass me a girl I'll probably just be all confused and ask where it's thing is!

BadMissM what did you buy? We're going pram shopping (not to buy, just to look) this morning.

I'm having an illogical worry now. Got the results of my combined serum screening for downs today (no nuchal test in my area). Came back as 1 in 671 which I know is low but as I'm 24 my base risk is 1 in 1, 250 so now I'm wondering what the hell is wrong with me that I am twice as likely as a normal 24 year old???

17 + 1

twirliedobbit Sat 02-Feb-13 09:57:56

This thread right here is why I love mumsnet. I was so exhausted on Thursday feeling so rough and desperate for my bed but worried about my kidneys. So posted on here to check that going to bed was sensible and that I shouldn't be rushing myself off to a&e or calling em-doc. You all reassured me that bed would do no harm. 11 1/2 hours of sleep later I woke up still with headaches and nausea but no back pain!! So guessing that but was just pg/tiredness related.
Thank you all so much thanks
Flying so glad that it's good news for you too, hope the bleeding stops or at least calms down for you too.
Good news about all the pushchair purchases, I can't justify a new one as my iCandy peach is only 2 1/2 years old sad so having to live my indulgences through you lot, details please!!
Dd3 will be 2.11 when new bubba arrives so planning on forcing her to walk, swapping her into pushchairs and baby into sling if she gets too sleepy. I usually do lots of shopping walking whilst on leave so hoping this works!! Otherwise might have to buy the double attachment for the peach!!!

Cheese I'm going back at 20 weeks (as risk of slapped cheek to baby goes down then - it's still going around) so I imagine they'll guess by the bump! The other woman at work told them a few weeks earlier I think, but that's because she started showing and playground gossip was rife!

Oh and runs she teaches year 3 too, they were still quite young at the beginning of Y3 so didn't really clock until my savvy year 4s started pointing it out to them!

CitizenOscar Sat 02-Feb-13 13:34:49

Oh no Paolo, I'm not playing that game! One man's ridiculous name is another man's perfect one (as no one ever said ever). Suffice to say they're flouncy & v posh sounding. Even he has since admitted we'd sound ridiculous calling them out in the playground etc. I'm quite a fan of the unusual name but there are limits.

With boys' names we just struggle to find any we like at all. We found one last time but obviously used it on DS so if we're having another boy we'll be in trouble!

My friend brought my inflatable gym ball round, which I'd lent her when she was pregnant. Would quite like to sit on it but can't be bothered to pump it up. Might just have a snooze...

DH and I really struggle to agree on names, especially boys names. I hate all his favourites and he doesn't really like anything I suggest either. Maybe we should hope for another girl, just because picking a name would be slightly easier. We're not planning in finding out about gender at the anomaly scan.

flyingsprocket Sat 02-Feb-13 14:28:18

We have a few ideas for names for boys & girls. We're definitely going to find out the gender at our scan on March 11th not that I'm counting the days

I like Irish names for girls but not sure if I can inflict the spelling on a poor innocent English child! I love my name but explaining how to pronounce it several times a day can be a tad tiring.

Loving the snooze idea citizenoscar DH has gone to work & I'm pretty much emotionally kapput after the last few days. Burst out crying at yet another large clot this morning blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now