Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Did bacterial vaginosis cause my miscarriage?!

(4 Posts)
MidlandsMummy Thu 24-Jan-13 23:32:19

Thanks, both of you. I think you're right, Grants, but the thought of waiting is so upsetting for me. It's just so hard, especially when friends of mine are due around the time I was. Waiting us probably the best advice though. Thank you x

Twonker Thu 24-Jan-13 22:47:22
grants1000 Thu 24-Jan-13 21:43:02

Not that I know of, but I am not really knowledgeable to be honest, even if you do have it may not have caused your mc's, most of the time there is no apparent medical reason found, which is frustrating. It may be worth taking a
The anti b's if you need them, finish the course, the TTC, but the doctor should be able tell you if they are ok to take whilst TTC, most anti b's courses are only a couple of weeks, so not that much longer to wait. My advice would be to leave it a few months before TTC again, I know you want to get on with ASAP but your body needs a proper length of time to recover and TTC straight after maybe not the best plan, patience now may be worth it in the longer run, not what you want to hear, but I speak from experience. Good luck.

MidlandsMummy Thu 24-Jan-13 20:20:05

Hi,

I've suffered two miscarriages in the last six months and only today I have 'Googled' some symptoms that I've had for what feels like months. This is very embarrassing (which is why I haven't been to the doctor) I have had a fishy odour down below for a while now, especially after sex. I just thought it was too much sex - (semen disrupting the natural PH in my vagina) as we were desperately TTC.

After having sex last night and it happening again I thought I'd Google it. I was devastated to read that my symptoms kind of match those of BV and that it can cause mc!!!!! I feel so awful that this is all my fault! My own embarrassment has lost me two babies!

Does anyone know anything about this?

I have booked a doctors appointment for tomorrow. We started TTC last night (after my first period after mc) but now I am so frightened in case it happens again! And the antibiotics sound horrible and I don't want anything like that in my system when TTC so I will have to wait even longer to try again.

Sorry for all this unpleasant information.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now