Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2013-anyone else with an early Bfp?

(988 Posts)
tackytiger Mon 21-Jan-13 15:57:12

Got my line at 10dpo
This will be my secomd dc. Torn between delight and fear it will all go wrong. Dd october 3 by my reckoning.
Cant tell anyone except dh in real life so hoping i can get quietly excited here!

JellyCurls Thu 31-Jan-13 19:44:30

Ok ladies I need some tummy holding in tips. 5weeks preg and my tummy is already looking swollen. It feels kind of weird and numb as well and my trousers are getting tight, fitted fine a few weeks ago. No way I should notice this at 5 weeks surely. Anybody else notice their tummies expanding yet?

GettingObsessive Thu 31-Jan-13 19:53:21

Hello all, room for one more on the bus? Budge up at the back there smile

Got my BFP this evening after being up and down with symptoms for the last two and a half weeks. Was totally prepared for a BFN and now it's a BFP after all grin

This is our first.

pinkbuttons Thu 31-Jan-13 20:13:42

Congrats on BFP obsessive
jelly im so glad you said that! my zip broke on a course today my jeans are so tight! didnt get a bump until 20 weeks with DS so dont know whats going on. Also havent put on weight just grown... maybe its just windblush

JellyCurls Thu 31-Jan-13 20:17:33

Ha ha at pinkbuttons having wind. I not put on weight either just got a fat tummy. With dc1 I was only in mat clothes at about 26 weeks and with dc2 I was just showing at 20wks. Don't think I will be so lucky this time round

roofio87 Thu 31-Jan-13 20:56:39

I'm really bloated a lot of the time too,but think that's all it is.at least I have a good excuse for the protruding tummy now though!! just ate some left over fried rice in bed,not a wise mood,I now feel sick!!sad

tuckingfits Thu 31-Jan-13 21:13:25

Hello! I got a positive on my son's 2nd birthday! Very early,about 6 or 7 days after ovulating. I just knew immediately after we did it. Then couple days later had funny taste in my mouth,sore boobs & spotting & utter exhaustion. Yay!! Due date about 13th October I think. Period isn't even due til Sat or Sun so not sure when I should phone GP for an appt - any ideas?

Congratulations to everyone. Mama - just for reassurance purposes,I had heavy bleeding for weeks with DS,I was convinced he couldn't stick through all that but he did & at birth (emcs) I was told he had a velamentous cord which means he had implanted into vein or something. Fingers crossed for you.

PenelopeLane Thu 31-Jan-13 23:14:06

I had my first mild ms today, didn't feel better until eating an entire giant bag of crisps. Mmm.

Tucking how did you know? <curious>. I had implantation pains this time which I didn't have for DS, but thought it was bad ovulation pains at the time You might as well call the GP, although as someone said up thread, it can be anticlimactic, can't it? For DS I went to the dr and ended up really cross as all I knew was I was probably pregnant and got a breezy 'don't worry about what you eat just yet' when I knew that not to be true. I think some professionals who deal with pregnant people all the time forget how overwhelming it can be.

I just signed up with the same midwife as last time which am really pleased about. Had a bad labour with DS and she was fabulous so am so happy to have her again.

tuckingfits Fri 01-Feb-13 02:13:11

Hi Penelope - not sure how I knew. I just had this feeling that we'd be successful after that attempt. Almost told my partner but thought he'd think I was mad (entirely possible!). Then when I started feeling tired & had blood tinged mucus it just confirmed it to me. Dunno,weird. I knew my friend was pregnant before she did,told her to do a test & she was,I knew they were trying but we hadn't discussed it much.

I had a horrible labour 1st round,and unlike you I hated my hospital midwife so I'm wondering if I can stipulate not having her should she be on duty when I go to hospital. If I can't,I'd even go so far as to change hospital. She was awful. Quite liked my community midwife but don't know how much of her I'll see as I'll be under a consultant this time around. Or so I was told at my birth debrief thingy.

I had to eat a bag of crisps at about midnight or I was going to vom or pass out!

smileyhappymummy Fri 01-Feb-13 03:20:53

Just wanted to pop in and say congratulations and good luck to all you lovely ladies - feeling nostalgic as it is a year today since I got a bfp with my gorgeous dd2, and mumsnet has been fab through antenatal threads and now on postnatal threads.

PenelopeLane Fri 01-Feb-13 05:13:28

smile Smiley

Tucking I guess you must be really in tune with your body. And good luck with not getting the same midwife! It's so hard to know whether they will be good but if one was so bad it would be terrible to have them again

roofio87 Fri 01-Feb-13 06:30:48

tucking I told my boss about my pg last night as there's quite a few h&s issues with my work. I asked her if we could have a word and as soon as we were alone she just looked at me and said "you're pregnant aren't you!?!" i couldn't believe it!!Haha. she said id been weeing too much and looked a bit tired!! she didn't know we were trying!! I guess some people just know!! smile

funkky Fri 01-Feb-13 08:58:43

I am 5 weeks and mne is feeling bloated as well and I can't button up trousers cause its so painful. I was hoping to be one of those tat don't show till 20-26 weeks, don't think so now. hmm

Tips for holding tummy would be great cause its that stage where you don't really look pregnant, more like you have a big belly.

Good luck everyone!

Umlauf Fri 01-Feb-13 10:10:52

Morning everyone! Have just had my Spanish equivalent of the booking in appointment. It was a bit strange! They took my height by making me stand back to back with another midwife, and kept giggling at my questions! One midwife seemed really interested in the coincidence that her son works in the same building as my DH, and kept asking DH questions about himself, so now a bit worried everyone at DH work will know (the only ginger English boy in the city so stands out a mile!) I also have quite high blood pressure, 140/80 but don't know what that means...

I don't have a scan until 12 weeks (end of march!) and no chance before to hear a heartbeat or anything. Felt a bit deflated so bought a CB digital and its changed to 3+!

Now really unsure whether to wait until after the scan to tell everyone, as it seems far too far away to keep my mouth shut!

Now to while away the time thinking of names....!

How's everyone else today??

Mamab33 Fri 01-Feb-13 10:15:08

Welcome new ladies and Thanks for popping in Smiley

Thank you so much for your reassurance tucking. It is such a long wait! Too much time to worry.

My boobs are no longer sore...anybody else? Or memories if you've had previous babies?

Does anyone have a book that they recommend on pregnancy. Should probably start some reading instead of guessing what is going on in there! smile

roofio87 Fri 01-Feb-13 10:20:17

glad you're feeling better mamab I've ordered the munsnet guide to pregnancy. found it cheap second hand on amazon. not arrived yet but will let u know what I think when it does.
I've just booked my first app with midwife on 6th march,I'll be nine weeks!!
funkky I'm quite fortunate in that my fashion sense means already owning lots of empire line floaty dresses so my tummy can be covered without anyone noticing!! also hoping they'll grow with me!! can u get anything like that? or will it be obvious if u suddenly start dressing in a tent? wink

Mamab33 Fri 01-Feb-13 11:59:49

Umlauf that sounds like an odd first MW appointment. 140 over 80 is the border for high BP. Maybe you were in a rush or a bit stressed while you were there...understandable really.

Thanks roofio look forward to your review!

Just spoke to MW. Have appointment with her on Tue too. She was really reassuring.

How is everyone feeling today?

Never had a baby before but can't help thinking that this is a boy????

Any other weird thoughts? smile

Mamab33 Fri 01-Feb-13 12:03:28

Funkky I would go with tights and a dress. afriend that has just given birth liked leggings but it is not something I am keen to I have ever tried! smile

Hi ladies - first post here from a looonnnggg time lurker (2+ years blush) - looking at the September thread I figured we need to up our numbers!

Have 1 DS, 2.1, and have got up-duffed right on schedule, DD 1st October.

Spent the whole of my 1st (very easy) pregnancy constantly worried about whether anything would go wrong, was baby ok - which in hindsight was pointless. So am determined to stay relaxed and positive this time round and enjoy it!

Congratulations to everyone, and here's to a happy, healthy pregnancy for us all!

roofio87 Fri 01-Feb-13 14:33:27

welcome bowlfullofjelly and congrats on your 2nd pg!!
my backs sore today. not surprising really as my boobs have grown at least a cup size in a week!!wink

No bigger boobs for me, but plenty of wind. Enjoying getting my own back on my extremley windy OH though!

Umlauf Fri 01-Feb-13 16:35:24

Welcome jelly ! I too am suffering the wind... I've been teaching my 9yr old english beginners weather words, and now everyday they tell me "it's windy today!" and I panic that they know, because its totally not windy today!

We have taken the decision to cancel our Easter ski trip. Chances of anything happening are so rare but if it did we'd hate ourselves. Also I would be ridiculously nervous and you have to ski with vigour, iykwim! So now to plan a different Easter holiday. Anyone got any (cheap) ideas?! Is camping a totally stupid idea when 14 weeks?!

My Mum is getting very excited and keeps sending me her class lists (teacher) in the hope it will inspire me. Nothing so far!

mama good luck for your appointment, I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Funny that you have a boy feeling! I keep trying to have a feeling but neutral at the moment. I did the ring hair test though and it said it was a boy! Anyone else done that?!

roofio I also have terrible backache. A couple of years ago i had a scoliosis operation and showed the midwives my X-ray today, they were like, "yeah that will probably cause some bother" and left it at that! Dreading it getting worse now!

I've ordered lots of bravissimo nightwear (with bras inside) on eBay for a fraction of the price to ease the boobage pain, I'd really recommend them!

pinkbuttons Fri 01-Feb-13 17:48:57

roofio jealous of your bigger boobs! I just have a bigger windy tummyblush
umlauf whats the ring hair test?
I have had an exciting pregnant sort of day. midwife booking appt. booked for 26 Jan, blood tests came back good for my thyroid, and Ive got a scan date for the 18th March!!!! Excting but so so far away!

Ooh ladies can I join? BFP today in cycle#11 ttc.

We already have DD who is 3.10 and due around 7th October. SOOOO excited but also a little scared of coming weeks x

Umlauf Fri 01-Feb-13 18:25:35

pinkbuttons you take your wedding, engagement or other significant ring, pluck a single hair from your hear and thread it through the ring. Dangle the ring from the heparin over your tummy and hold your hand incredibly still. If the ring starts to move in circles it's meant to mean its a girl, and if it moves side to side it's meant to be a boy!

Mind you it got it wrong last week with one of my students!

C0smos Fri 01-Feb-13 19:21:40

Am I the first scan? had a spot of bleeding and my lovely Gynae fitted me in the same day. He couldn't find the source of bleeding, but he did an internal scan and baby is measuring spot on, couldn't hear the heartbeat but you could definitely see the foetus fluttering. Fingers crossed now, I have another scan booked for 2 weeks time. Still feeling rotten - headaches, tiredness etc. so I hope that's a good sign. First time I'm relishing feeling rotten.

I've had a week off the gym, but I am dying to go back next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now