Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013-anyone else with an early Bfp?

(988 Posts)
tackytiger Mon 21-Jan-13 15:57:12

Got my line at 10dpo
This will be my secomd dc. Torn between delight and fear it will all go wrong. Dd october 3 by my reckoning.
Cant tell anyone except dh in real life so hoping i can get quietly excited here!

Tutti78 Sun 27-Jan-13 13:43:10

Thanks Hazel123 and best of luck to Bridget, hope to see you back here soon.

Artyparty Sun 27-Jan-13 16:49:46

Hello all
I'm in the club too! 2nd time around - have a 2yo DD.
Excited- knew I was pregnant right away: skin & hair glossy/ smelling weird things. Just confirmed last week.
Yay - good luck to all in the coming days & months...

deeB83 Sun 27-Jan-13 17:04:08

Hi ladies, congratulations to everyone on their BFPs. Can I join too got my bfp this morning EDD 6th Oct. This is dc2 for us have a dd who is 3.
Not really got many symptoms boobs are slightly sore and feel a bit crampy. Been trying to remember what symptoms I had with dd but have a memory like a sieve!
Hope to be posting here lots over the next few months if fingers crossed everything goes well.

Morning ladies! Im up at 8 on my day off! Grrrr. Went to bed wirh headache, not sure what i could take so woke up with it and a snorty nose and sore throat. sore boobs and sort of heavy feeling down there still, all very reassuring symptoms. Waiting for the drs to open so i can phone for my first appiontment. Other half wants ro tell his parents this weekend but im unsure. They smoke ALOT so he wants to tell them when we go for lunch otherwise i cant avoid the smoke in the house. Im annoyed that we have to tell them early just cos they smoke. Thats not my fault! My parents live abroad so wondering when to tell them as id rather do it face to face. They are coming over on april 3rd, could i wait till then?!! Will have had scan by then hopefully. Had it in my head that we would get both parents together and show the scan but the smoking thing has f&£)?ed that up. Sorry for long post, just wondering when you ladies are telling folks?

Umlauf Mon 28-Jan-13 10:03:52

Euwww I hate smokers. Is there no way you can just ask them not to because it smells disgusting and you don't want your hair to stink?!

5 weeks today! I told my mum at 3 weeks by phone (I live abroad and don't know when I'm next seeing her!) and she told my Dad. It's their first grandchild so they are feeling rather old and sorry for themselves, but excited and happy too! DHs parents are visiting at the end if Feb so we are going to tell them in person (at about 7 weeks). I want to tell them earlier so I can get some maternity bras delivered to them to bring over but I understand that's not the best reason! My Mum was a bit baffled as to why I was telling her so early. April is fairly late isn't it, won't you have wanted to tell most people by then as you'll be in 2nd trimester? I guess as long as they aren't the last to know it does t matter when you tell them.

How's everyone doing so far? I've become less upset about the boob problem having discovered 3 bras in the next cup size at the back if my draw, so not bursting over the edges anymore! I used to work for bravissimo so massively paranoid about poorly fitting bras and mastitis. dH paid today so buying me the night tops tonight! Also really looking forward to my second first appointment on Friday. Have written a list of questions and translated them, and DH has made me a pregnancy Spanish/English dictionary, very comprehensive, it's even got epistiotomy and various other words I wouldn't know in English! I've also been told I don't want to know that one....

Mamab33 Mon 28-Jan-13 12:01:38

Well I told my Mum last night because she is staying with us. Typical that I started bleeding before bed.
MS kicked in with a vengence this morn too. Been for an early emergency scan and saw my wee sack of amniotic fluid and its blood supply around it. They seem positive.
Due back next week for another scan. Hope all is well with everyone else!

Umlauf That is such a lovely thought from DH. I'm not sure what the dreaded E word is either but I know that I don't want to hear it near me!

Congratulations Arty & dee

Have to add that I'm with Umlauf on the smoking thing. It is a shame that you are having to consider telling them early because of it.

JellyCurls Mon 28-Jan-13 12:30:50

Hello ladies, well sore boobs, sickness and serious insomnia kicked in last night / today. needless to say I look like death warmed up this morning.

We wont be telling parents till after first scan and wont be telling kids till after 20wk scan when we know all is as well as it can be. Managed to hide bump till near 26 weeks first time round and about 20 weeks with dc2 so hoping for discreet bump again highly unlikely unless I get better at pelvic floor excercises

Off to feel sorry for myself now, hope you all nice and healthy

doobeedee Mon 28-Jan-13 16:47:12

Hi everyone. May I join? Got my BFP on Wed but bled a bit on Thurs so have been waiting to join but I got a good strong line last night and 2-3 on a digi. This was round 1 of Clomid after over a year of trying without it. EDD Oct 5th

legallyblond Mon 28-Jan-13 18:11:00

Hi all!

Umlauf, with DD I hardly showed until 20 weeks and didn't tell "the world" until then. Wanted to wait for the second scan I think. I told (and am telling now) v close family and my best friend as soon as I knew in case I lost it - I'd want and need their support if I miscarry.

Mama - I think our kids won't really be able to contemplate it until there's a bump, even if we tell them pre 20 weeks. I think I'll tell dd at some point between 12 and 20. Sadly, highly unlikely to not show until 20 weeks with this one.....!!!

Welcome doobeedee! If the bleeding continues, maybe a quick trip to the EPU to have it checked?

legallyblond Mon 28-Jan-13 18:13:09

Sorry, I didn't mean Mamab33, I meant jelly!!! Gah. Sorry!

doobeedee Mon 28-Jan-13 18:49:39

Thanks legally. The bleeding was only a bit and was gone by the end of Thursday. My temp has stayed high and tests have got really dark since then. Going to the docs tomorrow and going to request a progesterone test as low progesterone was the reason I couldn't conceive in the 1st place.

Artyparty Mon 28-Jan-13 19:30:11

Hi everyone!
Welcome deeB.
My sister, sis-in-law and 2 of my Nct group know: All people who are constantly asking when i am having another and i would feel bad lying to!! Will wait for 12 wk scan to tell others. Made my booking appointment today- yay.
Sounds like you are organised already umlauf. Great that there is a special pregnancy dictionary! I could do with that here in East London - my MW didn't speak much English last time grin.
Anticipating the morning sickness mama and jelly. Ok so far but remember it kicked in at about 6 weeks last year.

Artyparty Mon 28-Jan-13 19:31:27

I mean last time- I have a 2.2 yo!
Hope everyones doing well today
Xxx

Umlauf Mon 28-Jan-13 20:39:42

Evening all! Welcome dee! Sounds really scary about the bleeding but perhaps just implantation bleeding.

And mama sorry for your scare but wow you got to see your cell cluster!!! How exciting!

I feel so negative and horribly alone today. My awful boss has decided to give me 3 new classes which means I won't finish work until 8.30 every night now. I have no energy at all and so this couldn't have come at a worse time. I chose an evening doctor last week just because I had some evenings free andi don't want to/know how to change.

Am considering telling him about the pregnancy in hope he takes pity on my fragile state and doesn't make me do it.... Is that likely?! And as only 5 weeks... Just don't know how I'll cope with back to back lessons with morning sickness! Am a tefl teacher (ie, not a proper teacher!) so I'm paid a pittance and not used to it! Also feeling bitter about not being entitled to maternity pay and in the "why should I work any harder" mindset. Brain very angry and irrational today!

I've also been trying to find antenatal classes but the Internet thinks the only expats in Spain are in Madrid, Barcelona or benidorm. There is nobody to help meeeee! (Unless I tell my students who are also pregnant but that news won't stay contained...) arrrgghhhhhhhh!!

Sorry, rant over. I like it on this thread!

racheld33 Mon 28-Jan-13 21:07:13

Evening umlauf
You have a good rant!
The problem with early pregnancy is definately that you are super delicate due to the hormones, but can't tell anyone in case things go wrong, so here is perfect to get your rant out!
If it was me, I'd be tempted to tell your boss and see if he'll sympathise. It depends how compassionate he is. I told my boss on Friday, not planned but I was called into the office and asked to do extra hours and I just blurted it out! Then quickly followed it up with, 'so no thanks to the extra hours', it worked!
Also don't stres too much about antenatal classes, I only did 2 (one on birth, and one on breastfeeding), the labour one wasn't much use (!) and the breastfeeding one was the same advice I got from the midwife after birth anyway.
Do they have hot chocolates in Spain? I think that is what I'll recommend you for this evening brew

PurplePie23 Mon 28-Jan-13 21:17:45

Hello hello... Room for another one? First mumsnet post ever!
Think I'm due on 7th Oct. Bit nervous due to three early MCs before and after my DD. (She's three.)
x

Umlauf Mon 28-Jan-13 21:34:41

Ahh Rachel you're so sweet! They do and I will! brew I might tell him tomorrow before the classes start, just so he has the opportunity to think and isn't surprised if I fluff them up! I'm meeting him in the morning so I might try and find a quiet moment then and ask him to keep in confidential from the others til later as so early on. If something does go wrong I may well need his help/understanding...

Hi purple pie! Welcome to the thread. It's sooo nice being able to chat about it! I think we are all bundles of nerves so you're in good hands smile

picklepickle Mon 28-Jan-13 21:49:47

Hi all, congrats to all & welcome purplepie23
Still very excited here, but felt I'd been hit by a truck this morning in bed. Aches all over, then fine for the rest of the day. Any other early symptoms out there?
xx

legallyblond Mon 28-Jan-13 21:54:46

That sounds good Umlauf. I think it's cool you're a tefl teacher. My degree was French and Italian and in both France and Italy I had loads of tefl teacher friends while there on mg year abroad. It's also great experience for whatever you might fancy doing if/when you come back to miserable old blighty! Anyway - cool job!

You won't need antenatal classes until much much later, if at all. Maybe then, when it's all public knowledge you could try to rally a group together to at least chat stuff through and watch videos etc. I didn't go for it, but you can get hypno birthing CDs and DVDs so you could always organise a group viewing! Tbh, the main purpose of antenatal classes is to have s group of you in the same boat after the baby is born. I am sure s small group of you watching one born every minute together on the Internet would do the trick for that!

legallyblond Mon 28-Jan-13 21:57:12

And welcome purple pie! How old is your DD? Mine is 2.3 and a few of us are on no 2, holding hands with the understandably nervous no 1ers!

picklepickle Mon 28-Jan-13 22:11:59

Anyone else on no. 3 dc?

tackytiger Tue 29-Jan-13 06:23:16

Hi again everyone!

I got my scan date yesterday-18 march, day after my dd's third birthday. Exciting!
Going to wait until April to tell everyone as we're living in a different country to our families. Mifht tell work though.

pinkbuttons Tue 29-Jan-13 08:13:59

Hi everyone, can I join please. Am 5 weeks tomorrow with EDD 2nd October . We have DS who has just turned two,seems to be a common age gap on here.
Have been a bit reserved about posting on here, I have an underactive thyroid so have been extra nervous about something going wrong but had my Drs appointment yesterday so all feeling a bit more real.
Also would be nice to not be secretly panicking alone with every new twinge, I'm sure i don't remember having symptoms so early on last time.
Anyway here's wishing us all lovely easy pregnancys, and congratulations everyone!

PurplePie23 Tue 29-Jan-13 08:54:57

Hello and thanks for the welcoming messages. A bit more about me- my daughter is 3.5. I'm 38 and work p/t as a teacher in a primary school. Nice to be able up talk about this somewhere!
Now I just need a time machine to zoom forward to early scan- anyone got one of those? looks for Michael J Fox in phonebook
Nope, no luck!!
:-)

PurplePie23 Tue 29-Jan-13 08:55:32

*to, not up. (I checked it too, doh!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now