Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013-anyone else with an early Bfp?

(988 Posts)
tackytiger Mon 21-Jan-13 15:57:12

Got my line at 10dpo
This will be my secomd dc. Torn between delight and fear it will all go wrong. Dd october 3 by my reckoning.
Cant tell anyone except dh in real life so hoping i can get quietly excited here!

Iheartcrunchiebars Sat 16-Feb-13 08:32:47

That's exciting 34pinkladyapple it's so nice to see the joy a bit of news can bring!

Hi ladies, been absent for a few days due to sudden exhaustion and terrible nausea. Will be 7 weeks on Tuesday and it hit on Wed/Thurs. Have been in bed by 7.30 every night and just cant get past feeling like I'm about to be sick. I know I had this with DD and it will pass but feels v v grim right now.

Natalieand Sat 16-Feb-13 09:09:28

I can't believe I have only known I'm pregnant for two weeks!!! This is going to be the slowest pregnancy on record I think lol. 5+3 now and feeling wry jealous of those that r 7-8 weeks :-( I really hope when I go for my scan Monday they don't move my dates back any more or I may actually cry lol. Got booking appt Wednesday with midwife ill be exactly 6 weeks. No real symptoms for me tbh just the occasional upset stomach and tiredness. I just wanna shout it to the world!!! Xxx

Haylebop12 Sat 16-Feb-13 09:10:36

Sounds lovely 34

Sorry To hear your concerned delilah

6 weeks in Monday and sill haven't told my dad! As we're living with them temporarily ATM I'm a bit reluctant but now we have found somewhere I can't wait to tell him. He knows we were trying so it won't be a shock.

Wow symptoms galore here. Nausea subsided but came back full force yday. Closest I felt to actually being sick. Came over all hot and lightheaded. Anyone else keep going lightheaded?? I thought at first it was cause my baths were too got but been having cooler ones and still getting it. Boobs are tender but I'm the sort of gal who will not be wearing a bra unless necessary! I didn't even wear one on the school run yday! I did have a tight ish vest on though and a big hoody.

Just feel generally bleurgh!

Last pg my sickness kicked in at 7 wk as I was admitted 7+4 so reckon I've got another week before it hits big time.

Also sick of weeing!

Gosh I moan I can't get pg then I winge when I am... grin

How is everyone today?

Me again. Just another silly question...has anyone else not got their mw/scan dates yet? Saw GP 2 weeks ago but havent heard anything yet.

cherrycherry41 Sat 16-Feb-13 10:11:25

id ring your gp and find out.. i was pretty sure gp had said theyd make an appt for me if my test came back positive but it seems i misheard and had to ring for result and make an appt myself..

No symtoms here... not even sore boobs, metallic taste... nothing sad had everything with DD from 4 weeks, OH said i shouldnt be complaining but im so so scared to go for my 12 wk scan... whenever it may be :/
in other news seems we are telling the parents tonight! will let you know how that goes smile
7 weeks tomoro!

pinkbuttons Sat 16-Feb-13 10:27:42

Id phone and double check too flowerpot may as well just to put your mind at rest.
Have fun telling parents cherry
hayle ive also being getting lightheaded at times I think due to not being able to keep much food down until after 11 though. bleugh
Got a new scan date through yesterday and its not till the 2nd April! Ill be 13 weeks according to last scan dates and it feels like forever away. rubbish.

StrawberryGateaux Sat 16-Feb-13 10:28:30

Already got 4dc, but for the life of me i can't remember when you are supposed to book in with mw!
Could any of you lovely ladies give me some advice of when to phone in? Tia x

Sal1977 Sat 16-Feb-13 10:37:49

Mrs Flowerpot - I called the surgery to ask what I needed to do and they said to have a booking in appointment at 8-10 weeks with the MW. She is only there on a Wednesday so I tried to book for when I'm 8+4 but the receptionist said it was a bit early (huh?), so I booked for 9+4! She said there's no need to see the doc unless you have a problem.

From what I can gather, each surgery and area is different as some people seem to be booking in at 6-7 weeks. Xxx

roofio87 Sat 16-Feb-13 10:38:02

strawberry I made my mw app at 5 weeks but not seeing them till 9+1 so I don't think there's any rush!! they'll probably make one for you at the right time if u know ur dates!!smile

Haylebop12 Sat 16-Feb-13 10:44:40

I saw my gp at 4.4 weeks and she booked me into to see mw when I will be 8.4. Mw will book my scan. Well that's what happened last time smile

roofio87 Sat 16-Feb-13 10:48:01

yeah Hayley its the same for me here, mw books ur scan at/after first app!! I can't wait!! seeing my oncology consultant a week wed so probably get a bit more of a plan together then too. I'm excited to tell him cos we were 50/50 about whether this would happen for me!! grin

Umlauf Sat 16-Feb-13 10:59:52

We told the inlaws last night on Skype. They were meant to visit us next week but their flights been cancelled. Didn't go as well as I expected, but I think they just feel sad for BIL and SIL as they've been trying for 5 years and have had 3 unsuccessful IVF cycles, noone knew we were even considering it :-(

In other news I have a stinky cold :-( x

roofio87 Sat 16-Feb-13 11:06:28

Aww umlauf I'm sorry you didn't maybe get the reaction you wanted. it must be a very difficult situation for your whole family,but they will get used to the idea and be so happy for you!! I found out id lost a lot of hours at work just after I got my bfp so had to tell my parents and ask them for some financial help at the same time,was heart breaking and definitely dampened the news,but we've got a plan together now and everyone's over the moon!!
I'm the youngest of 3,my oldest sis is married with 2 dcs but my other sis told me that her and her bf might spilt up because she wants kids and he doesn't the same day I told her I was pg so I get bad timing with this news. but give everyone time to get used to it and they'll remember what its really all about, the bean growing inside you right now!! smile

Sickness galore here so wishing i will keep some food down today!! 7+2 so i am ticking by nicely.

umlauf I had the exact same situation with my in laws but they are excited now even though we have trying for DC2 for 4 years SIL has been trying for 1DC for 5 years sad I feel for her as i understand the hardship. Just remember your allowed to be happy and tell everyone smile

char1eston Sat 16-Feb-13 11:28:15

Umlauf - sorry your Skype was a bit of a let down. Reckon you're right about bil and sil though - they are probably worried about them.
Flowerpot - I had my first gp app Tuesday morn and mw Tuesday afternoon. Mw booked the scan and I got a date through of 14th march yesterday. I am 8 weeks and have my mw booking in app next Friday @ 9 weeks.
Cherry - I am the same as you. With dd had mega sore boobs but haven't really had it at all this time. Friends said that it's probably because your boobs have already done all the work! Didn't have ms last time and have only felt slightly nauseous this time. Current symptoms are knackered, hungry and retching when I brush my teeth.
So glad to have my scan date but it can't come soon enough.

GettingObsessive Sat 16-Feb-13 12:26:06

New bra this morning which is an improvement. V tempting to tell my parents as we'll be with them all weekend.

On the boob front, does anyone know whether there's a point (during PG) when they'll settle down? Presumably they can't just keep growing forever? confused

cherrycherry41 Sat 16-Feb-13 12:40:48

last time i read up about boobies it said they grow 3 times.. once during your first 12 weeks, once towards end of 3rd trimester and once after ur milk supply comes in..
last pg i went from a 34D pre-pg, to a 36DD during most pregnancy, got fitted for a nursing bra at 37 weeks (recommended between 36-38 weeks) at 34F then after birth whilst breastfeeding i got measured at 34FF! Sure youll be glad to know have gone down to an E cup now!
TMI? :')

My boobs have already gone up a size but luckily I have some old bras from when I used to be that size. I took another pregnancy test this morning just to check I wasn't imagining it all, the one we took last week was very faint (I was only 3+4 then). This time there was a nice dark blue line before I even finished weeing (sorry tmi!) hoorah! Umlauf I am sure your parents will be thrilled after they get over the surprise. Sorry you didn't get the reaction you were hoping for, We are going to visit my family tomorrow so am thinking about whether it is too early to tell them yet. I think we will probably end up waiting until Mother's Day when next visit and I will be nearly 8 weeks. My pregnancy bible from amazon and cocoa body butter from the body shop arrived in the post this morning - yay!

StrawberryGateaux Sat 16-Feb-13 14:12:37

Thankyou everyone smile

roofio87 Sat 16-Feb-13 15:02:39

did you know by the time you're 7 weeks pg the baby is the size of a blueberry, which is 10,000 times bigger than it was at conception..........HOW does this become an actual little human being?!?! Haha, my mind boggles the more I learn about all this!!smileconfused

cazboldy Sat 16-Feb-13 15:57:55

feel really weird today

can't fancy drinking anything but orange juice - the thought of a cup of tea makes me gag!

also feeling a bit guilty as my dd1 (13) thinks i'm poorly as I keep falling asleep, but don't want to tell everyone yet - so she keeps wanting to run round doing jobs for me!!

She's such a treasure smile

I have been orange juice mad for a while too cazboldy! grin

13loki Sat 16-Feb-13 18:19:29

Room for one more? I got my BFP on Tuesday, but very faint. It's still faint. I thought AF was due last Tuesday or Wednesday (a week before my BFP). My cycles weren't completely regular, they'd only been back 6 months after having DD, who is 2 1/2. I also have a son who is 7. Oh, and we moved to Sweden 6 months ago.

We've already old our parents because they live in Australia and were planning to visit in the summer. My parents will come over for the birth, to look after the older ones, his parents will probably come at Xmas.

Congratulations and hello loki.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now