Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2013-anyone else with an early Bfp?

(988 Posts)
tackytiger Mon 21-Jan-13 15:57:12

Got my line at 10dpo
This will be my secomd dc. Torn between delight and fear it will all go wrong. Dd october 3 by my reckoning.
Cant tell anyone except dh in real life so hoping i can get quietly excited here!

Rockchick1984 Tue 12-Feb-13 14:43:24

Tucking MA is the same amount per week as SMP, you just don't get the 6 weeks at 90% like SMP and obviously no enhanced company mat pay! If you're working full time now you will qualify for it, it's about 25 of the 66 weeks prior to getting pregnant that you need to have worked.

I wouldn't tell them you're pregnant though!!

pinkbuttons Tue 12-Feb-13 14:50:18

thankyou roofio and rockchick didnt know that about implantation has made me feel alot better. It puts me back to 6 weeks and means we found out at only 3 weeks shock there I was blaming cheap boots test for a faint line and it was just because it was so early grin . You are all amazing and am so glad to have you all to chat too, I was having a panic after scan but feel a bit better now.
tuckingfits job sounds good. If you would tell them you were pregnant then it puts the ball in your court if they offer you the job you can still decide against it if you felt it wasnt right. Not sure about maternity allowance, I got it when was pregnant with DS and wasnt quite as much as I earnt but was enough to keep us going. I started working there when I was about 7 weeks pregnant and was entitled bt not.sure what the cut off is.

Natalieand Tue 12-Feb-13 15:08:20

Such good news pinkbuttons all my pregnancy symptoms have disappeared over the last few days so not sure wat to think about that :-( just tiredness but that could just be co-incidence as in always tired anyway hpmphhhhhhhh just ave to wait n see I guess xxx

roofio87 Tue 12-Feb-13 15:27:50

Natalie what symptoms did you have that have now gone?try not to worry too much,there's so much going on with all of us at the moment and pregnancy is so hard to predict!! hope ur feeling ok. x

cazboldy Tue 12-Feb-13 16:22:25

Natalie I am also one that is often tired, but atm I am exhausted! Have been yawning all day, and have fallen asleep twice as soon as I have sat down. It's familiar from other times - i'm still having trouble getting my head around it happening again though! grin

Natalieand Tue 12-Feb-13 16:44:33

roofio I just had diorhea really so technically I shud be great full that's stopped. I was 8 weeks gone when I found out I was expecting dd1 and I remember feeling the same then (I felt no different at all I could hardly believe I was pregnant) but I'm only 5 weeks tommorow so not sure if it should be different cos I found out earlier this time

iheartcrunchybars I am a big fan of twinnings decaf earl grey too. I get it from Waitrose or ocado. Dry January was a good excuse for no alcohol and caffeine while ttc and now lent has come at a good time too! I feel like I should be too early on to have symptoms but I am absolutely shattered after a day on my feet with a class of five year olds and came home at 4 for the first time in years as I was seriously thinking about having a lay down in the book corner. I might have got some strange looks! How exciting to have seen a heartbeat pink.

JustplainoldBuggerlugs Tue 12-Feb-13 17:38:52

Jeez this thread moves quickly!

I'm lurking in the shadows after getting a very very faint bfp last Thursday at 11/12dpo. It's my 3rd pregnancy, the first 2 resulted in an MC so I'm staying in the corner hiding until my first scan in 2 weeks.

I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow and this pregnancy I was on my 2nd cycle of clomid. I'm also taking low dose aspirin and under the care of a consultant at the ACU.

<puts on invisibility cloak>

Congratulations and hope to see you back soon.

legallyblond Tue 12-Feb-13 18:15:43

Hope to see you back here soon Justplainold....

MrsExcited Tue 12-Feb-13 18:41:29

Good luck to everyone who is joining our ranks daily - sorry have run out of energy to get too personal!

I feel like a steam engine has run over me i am so tired!!

Looking after 2 DSDs (9 and 6) bless them they are sweet and looking after themselves but i wish they weren't here right now!!

PseudoBadger Tue 12-Feb-13 18:53:53

At only just over 4 weeks I'm enjoying the next couple of weeks until I feel like crap!

Hey ladies, thanks for the support. I didn't call the Drs in the end, I think I was hoping that things would change today but they haven't massively, so I think I will call tomorrow morning. I hope hope hope I'm just being neurotic. Ah, well, not much I can do either way. Will let you all know.

And welcome to the new ladies! If people are still joining with EDDs of around mid October, this thread is going to be huge by the end of the month!

Sal1977 Tue 12-Feb-13 20:21:03

Quick question for all the professional breeders out there....I think I've got a stinker of a cold coming ie sore throat, bunged up etc. is there anything other than paracetamol and sticking an olbas oil stick up my schnoz that I can take?

Thanks.

From a complete amateur. X

JellyCurls Tue 12-Feb-13 20:31:49

Gargle with salt water and steam your face over a hot basin with some oblas oil in it. Plenty of hot drinks too

If heating on tonight put some olbas oil on the radiator in your bedroom. really helps with sleeping/decongestion over night. Have v sore throat today so think im catching the horrible lurgy going around sad

My lovely DD's have shared that lurgy with me! Everyone keeps suggesting various cold and flu/ibuprofen tablets to me smile plain old paracetamol as little as I can cope with, hasn't done a lot! Bet I get over this then the sickness will kick in!

It's so hard not telling anyone but want to hold out as long as poss, because once everyone knows the questions will start!

moonblues Tue 12-Feb-13 22:24:35

Hi ladies, can I join... <waves at blondies>
Had a BFP on Sat and 5 weeks today, so think I'm due on 15/10/13.
I have 2 DC already (5&3).
So far feeling very tired... and nauseous and emotional in the mornings.
Can I ask - is anyone taking extra vitamins? So far I've just been taking folic acid.
Need to try and contact the doctor tomorrow - thanks for the tip about just asking to see the midwife - will definitely see if I can. Looking forward to having a scan and being able to tell people. It seems a long way away...
Have eaten far too many crisps tonight and it's probably to early to blame it on being pregnant blush, should just go to bed.
Hope everyone's managing ok with the tiredness and sickness. Looking forward to chatting, as apart from DH, have not told anyone else yet.

Oli31 Tue 12-Feb-13 22:32:49

Hi ladies, can I join in the celebrations? I got my bfp on Sunday after 2 months ttc so feeling very lucky. This will be my second, DS will be 2 at the end of April and so far I feel pretty much the same, just more bloated! Determined to keep walking, cycling, running after DS for as long as possible. Tried to fill in self-referral form, but can I find my NHS number...

funkky Tue 12-Feb-13 23:23:54

Welcome to the new ladies!
Moonblues, I am also only taking boots folic acid+ vit. D. I am 7 weeks. I took pregnacare preconception while TTC but it messed me up so bad I had to stop and like you I wonder if folic acid is enough? Tips anyone?

I had two sets of news over the past couple of days - a friend just had her baby and another lost hers at 20 weeks. Hope it goes well for everyone!

Rockchick1984 Wed 13-Feb-13 08:50:12

Welcome Moonblues! I'm taking asda pregnancy vitamins (3 boxes for £10!) but only because I know from last pregnancy that I find it virtually impossible to eat a balanced diet while pregnant - particularly in the first trimester! The baby will get all it's nutrients before you so if you are deficient in anything it's more likely to be you that suffers rather than bump, but personally I'm just happier knowing we are both getting everything we need.

Funkky so sorry for your friend losing the baby sad

Welcome Oli - my DS1 is nearly 2 as well, seems to be a popular age for a second baby! We have told our parents and a couple of close friends, and everyone has been excited but unsurprised smile

Has anyone started thinking about birth yet and what they are hoping for?

AnythingNotEverything Wed 13-Feb-13 09:14:05

Hi everyone!

This thread is like quicksilver - cant believe how quickly it moves and how many lucky/worried/nauseous ladies have joined.

I did introduce myself but think it got lost ... I'm 5+2 today and due 14th October (I think). I already have a nearly 13 year old boy, so it kind if feels like my first time again!

It's interesting to hear everyone's symptoms. I'm just tired at the moment. I get the odd wave of nausea, but nothing to complain about. My bbs have been super sore and I've had quite bad backache for about a week, but these seem to have passed. I'm really hoping that isn't a bad sign!

Is it just me who thinks the symptoms are quite nice as they make you "feel" pregnant?!

Here's to happy and healthy pregnancies for us all wine

daisygatsby Wed 13-Feb-13 09:37:57

hi everyone and congrats to all on the BFPs

I'm due 14th October. I just rang to get my first appointment and scan dates this morning. I'm in Ireland, wait till you hear how long I have to wait. 17th April for my 1st appointment and 4th June for my 1st scan!!!

Anyone else in Ireland with a massive wait?

PseudoBadger Wed 13-Feb-13 09:44:12

Funkky - Boots do a folic acid and vitamin D tablet which is theobromine you should take IMO.

PseudoBadger Wed 13-Feb-13 09:48:10

Theobromine??? Pmsl! *The MINIMUM grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now