Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013-anyone else with an early Bfp?

(988 Posts)
tackytiger Mon 21-Jan-13 15:57:12

Got my line at 10dpo
This will be my secomd dc. Torn between delight and fear it will all go wrong. Dd october 3 by my reckoning.
Cant tell anyone except dh in real life so hoping i can get quietly excited here!

PenelopeLane Fri 25-Jan-13 20:36:13

Hello student!

Hmmm I did a negative test this morning, after 2 positives. Not sure what to think, but no bleeding

Umlauf Fri 25-Jan-13 20:53:31

Loving that this thread is getting busier now! penelope did you use the same brand? Have you any symptoms at all like sore boobs or anything else? It could be that your second test was a less sensitive one than the first. I got a strong, obvious result with the digital and then weirdly the first response was barely visible at all a couple of days later. Did you use the lines one or the digi? Try not to worry maybe do another in the morning with your first wee xx

Mamab33 Fri 25-Jan-13 22:38:13

Loving it rach I was lucky to be able to nap this afternoon. Couln't sleep last night. Was worried that I'd had my flu jab at doc appointment. Has anybody else had theirs yet? As someone else that had theirs at 5wks said they just had a sore arm. I am the same.
Does anyone know if we are safe to use lavender oil in first trimester?? Confused. Had been avoiding all essential oils but someone suggested a couple of drops in the bath before bed to help sleep.

PenelopeLane Sat 26-Jan-13 01:18:08

Umlauf it was the same brand and the second one from the packet! So who knows. With DSI tested negative after testing positive, maybe it's just due to testing too soon? Who knows. I don't have any other symptoms apart from having had cramp the past week, which I remember well from DS. Last time I didn't get any of the classic symptoms until later - about weeks 6 - 7 - and it was weeks 7 - 12 that were the roughest.

Mama I'll be getting the jab as well, I don't think there is anything to worry about. Where I live they're free for pregnant women when everyone else has to pay (no NHS here) so that's saying how important it's considered.

I could be wrong, but wouldn't see anything wrong with lavender oil either.

char1eston Sat 26-Jan-13 09:18:33

I used lavender oil with pg1 - sure it's fine. Also ha the flu jab last time too(and was fine) but can't have my docs appt for a couple of weeks so have not had it yet.

Hi ladies. Got my bfp on wednesday. Am due 2nd oct by my calculations so 4.4 weeks gone. Not much symptom wise other than achey bulbous boobs and a bit of insomnia. Keep waking up around 4 and find it difficult to go back to sleep. Phoning for my first doctors appointment tomorrow. Trying not to get too excited but not doing very well!

char1eston Sat 26-Jan-13 16:18:41

Welcom pinklady

Tutti78 Sat 26-Jan-13 18:47:11

hello

Do you mind if I join you? This is my first post ever but have been reading all the threads for what feels like forever!

I got my bfp last sunday and edd is 28th September but am thinking it is more likely to be early October. This is my second pregnancy as had a mmc in June so am freaking out with differing symptoms. Last time I had bad morning sickness up to the 12 weeks and was also shattered. This time I have just had a few twinges. Am scared to go for an early scan (have been on clomid so scanned every month) in case they say it is too small or there is a problem. Just want to get to the safe(ish) zone!!

Umlauf Sat 26-Jan-13 18:57:11

Welcome pinklady and tutti

Tutti I know what you mean about wanting to get to the safe zone, I panic every day at every little twinge or lack thereof! It's very hard to just relax! Is this your first DC?

Last night when I took my bra off my boobs hurt so much I actually cried. It was horrible, felt like they were trying to pull themselves off my body. And this morning my bra was too small so I think they had a little spurt. Going to nest in one of these but just trying to predict how many sizes to go up! I'm falling out of my 28f-g top, was thinking 30 gg-h.. Very stretchy so hopefully could fit a bump in there aswell and someone in the reviews says she used it for breast feeding!

How have people's ohs been? Mine doesn't seem particularly google obsessed interested although this morning he was very sweet and said how happy he was. Keeps offering to make me coffee and forgetting about the caffeine the idiot darling...!

Umlauf Sat 26-Jan-13 18:57:39

Invest! Not nest! At least not yet...!

Tutti78 Sat 26-Jan-13 19:05:43

Hi Umlauf

Yes this will (fingers crossed, touch wood etc) be my first dc. Have been ttc for almost three years so am pinning all my hopes this time whilst also trying not to get too excited at the same time.

My dh is just trying to be incredibly reassuring and is desperate to tell his parents but am trying to get him to hold off until the 12 weeks as we let them know at 6/7 weeks last time and they and my parents were so upset and disappointed.

Bought some sleep bras from Mamas and Papas yesterday to try and alleviate the sore boobs in bed so hoping that they do the trick. Was nice to buy something maternity related too even if its not the most exciting item but it will do until I can tell people and get prepared!

char1eston Sat 26-Jan-13 19:57:05

Welcome tutti
I have told my mum today as I'm visiting her for the weekend. It will be heartbreaking if it doesn't work out but I really wanted to tell her in person and don't visit often.
I'm a little concerned that my boobs don't hurt as much as last time but maybe it's a little early. Have definitely felt some tightenings today, so at least that's positive.
It's so hard to remain positive but we should keep those good vibes going smile

racheld33 Sat 26-Jan-13 20:09:02

Welcome tutti and pinklady

I told my mum and dad tonight, as expecting to need their childcare help soon when sickness sticks in (last pregnancy I felt perfect till 6 weeks then the sickness hit so I'm trying to enjoy these 2 weeks of early pregnancy where I feel excited and healthy)

My boobs not too big/sore at the moment, my main symptom is excessive stringy sticky cervical mucous (sorry if anyone's having a Saturday night curry as they're reading this!), which is exactly what I had with my last pregnancy for the whole 9 months.

unlauf I was so excited when I got my BFP that I immediately got my box of old maternity clothes out of the loft in preparation! Obviously they all look massive at the moment, but hopefully my bras will come in useful soon- I remember last time crying one day cos my boobs were so sore, went straight to M&S and the nice lady fitted me in some unflattering but beautifully comfortable crop top style non wired bra-the glamour of pregnancy! grin

PenelopeLane Sat 26-Jan-13 20:46:27

I've told my mum,and will tell my sisters as well when I see them all together - I know it's early, but I'd want them to know about a mmc so no harm in telling them at all. I told them all at 6 weeks last time.

Mamab33 Sat 26-Jan-13 21:39:21

Thank you char and welcome tutti and pink lady.

I was going to tell my mum today but for some reason it didn't feel right. Think she will be the only person we'll tell before we get the all clear at the 12wk scan.
Think i'll be investing in some comfy bras too!

picklepickle Sat 26-Jan-13 22:02:37

hello all i'm going to be optimistic and join you all.
Many congratulations to you all too.
Got a faint BFP yesterday, but AF not due until next Thurs ish. Due date is 10/10.
Racheld33 helped me on another thread, so am more positive that it is an early positive!!
This is dc3 but still so excited....

Tutti78 Sun 27-Jan-13 07:52:48

Welcome picklepickle and congrats!
Did anyone else only get about 20minutes sleep last night?? My night consisted of being too hot, being too cold, freaky dreams, tossing and turning, needing to pee, sore boobs and general insomnia-can't wait for a long Sunday afternoon nap with any luck!

legallyblond Sun 27-Jan-13 07:54:59

Morning all! Freaky dreams EVERY night here for the last week or so. Now you mention it, I remember that from last time! X x

funkky Sun 27-Jan-13 07:55:46

Am so happy! Tested positive yesterday, about 4 weeks gone ( a whole month already) by my calculations. First baby, being TTC for 8 months.
I actually cried at my last GP appointment as I was asking for fertility tests and she said to just relax but asked DH to do a sperm count - we don't need that now!
EDD is 4th oct. not telling parents until 12 week can, can't wait till tomorrow (Monday) to book GP appointment.

Only symptoms are belching a lot and that tugging pull at lower belly, surprisingly I had a lot of false alarms previously where I could swear I had all the symptoms nausea etc but turned out negative.

legallyblond Sun 27-Jan-13 07:57:49

I would have to get very lucky yo get a nap today. DD is particularly un sleep and attention demanding at the mo! And awake at 6.30 of course! I'm knackered!

char1eston Sun 27-Jan-13 09:46:46

Welcome funkky and pickle and congrats on the bfp

Hazel123 Sun 27-Jan-13 10:02:02

I am also new to Mumsnet and after finding out I have a teeny tiny bun in the oven am very excited that I have a place to share early experiences! Reassuring to hear similar experiences to mine - slight sicky feeling now and again, achy achy boobs and waking up really early - I sympathise. Anyone else having mad dizzy spells? Mine seem to come after eating! forgive me if it takes a while to get in know all the codes!!! Eeeek, all very exciting yet very scary too!

Hazel123 Sun 27-Jan-13 10:05:58

Tutti78! I also have been having totally crazy dreams and waking up really hot. It's not very often I get called normal but I hope this is haha! Congratulations by the way! xxx

Mamab33 Sun 27-Jan-13 10:23:09

Hello funkky, pickle & Hazel. Congratulations! It is lovely to have a place to share all of our ecperiences. This is DC1 for us.
Single hiccups?? I've had a few...noticed one from my SIL yesterday! Quietly hoping she is expecting too! smile

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sun 27-Jan-13 13:18:50

Hello all and many congratulations on your BFPs thanks

I hope you don't mind me briefly popping in and marking my place.

I'm too scared to join properly as I have a history of early losses sad but I really hope to be back in a few weeks if everything is looking good (EDD 9th October)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now