Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013-anyone else with an early Bfp?

(988 Posts)
tackytiger Mon 21-Jan-13 15:57:12

Got my line at 10dpo
This will be my secomd dc. Torn between delight and fear it will all go wrong. Dd october 3 by my reckoning.
Cant tell anyone except dh in real life so hoping i can get quietly excited here!

PenelopeLane Mon 11-Feb-13 07:00:24

After a big meal now my stomach is really popping out with bloating - anyone else?? I don't want to show just yet as want to keep it a secret! I don't have sore boobs yet but feel seasick and am crazy tired. Last night I went to bed at 10pm and it was my latest night in a week grin

Umlauf Mon 11-Feb-13 08:46:13

Hi everybody, I havent posted in a few days, hope you are all feeling okay still! pinkbuttons fx for tomorrow, I'm sure it will be fine, its just horrible to panic through the unknown though isn't it... Thinking of you!

Welcome to new bfps! It seems a lifetime ago I got mine (going so slowly) that its strange to think there is still a long way to go before our October bus fills up!

I had to tell another friend as she and her husband visited us for the weekend and I was treated to birthday dinner at a 3-Michelin star restaurant (lucky lucky girl!) but it was a tasting menu with lots of foie and runny egg and things so I had to discuss that with the waiter. They are sworn to secrecy though! Still a long wait until the 12 13 due to work commitments grrrr week scan so goodness knows how Ill pass the time. I wouldn't hesitate to get an early scan if I just knew where to find one in Spain!

Still no MS and the hunger seems to have abated now although that may be due to eating enough for the year in Saturday!

Also, for my birthday my alum bought me some lovely but huge pijamas. I said, "oh they're lovely, are they so the bump will fit in?!" And she replied, "no no, I got them before I knew." Thanks mum!

X

roxvox Mon 11-Feb-13 09:58:26

Ah, umlauf, aren't mums just the best?! That's just like my mum would do!

I'm having another teary day today, which is becoming very difficult to hide at work. My only way around it is to keep fake sneezing (to cover for watery eyes) and to listen to loud music (currently Pearl Jam) to try and get me out of that mindset. It's not really working. Any tips?!

How is everyone else today?

cherrycherry41 Mon 11-Feb-13 10:12:51

Got my booking in appt for monday yay! will be 7+1 by then... time going slow...

cazboldy Mon 11-Feb-13 10:15:11

I have mine for next tuesday..... all seems a bit surreal at the moment!

WillSantaComeAgain Mon 11-Feb-13 10:17:23

Morning all,

umlauf - oooh, lovely. Which one? (I've eaten at all three... GR twice!, but FD was my favourite).

birdsdoit - I would think very carefully about how you tell your boss. If you like her / consider her a friend, I would think about telling her sooner than the scan, particularly if she's had a recent mc. Stress that you know its really early but wanted to tell her so that you had support if it goes wrong and to explain the absences for appointments. As you would have to tell your boss if you had a mc anyway (to explain the absence from work) it seems crazy not to tell her sooner?? Also, because she's had a mc, perhaps email her the information so that she can have a wibble in private before having to snap back into being mature boss lady and say all the right things?

morning sickness - no one has yet mentioned some of the possible cures, but for those of you that are starting to suffer, do try seabands. They saved my sanity first and second time round - I still felt a tiny bit queasy with them, but could function entirely normally. Without them I was in bits. They don't work for everyone, but they definitely do work for some people, and at £3, its worth a try! Also remember to try eating something as soon as possible in the mornings up as it tends to be worse on an empty stomach. [obviously I know this isn't true for everyone, but it is true for some people]

In two minds about whether to push for an early scan, as I like the idea of knowing its going OK but then would that give me more false hope? On the other hand if it fails early but my stupid body forgets to notice I'd rather get to find out sooner rather than later. hayle as with you, I had a mmc last time. I did know they could happen, and as my symptoms had disappeared at 8 weeks, I was half expecting it, but it was still devastating. They never told me when it had stopped growing but as they could only see "a bundle of cells" I assume it never really got started. I wish I'd asked for more information at the time, but there were complications that got me distracted.

Oooh, long post. Really must get on and do some work!

Umlauf Mon 11-Feb-13 11:11:01

santa we live in San Sebastián, Spain so none of those sadly! It's called Arzak, in think its ranked number 8 in the world at the moment. Considering it as fairly reasonable (not cheap obv, but do-able.... Eek!) San Sebastián is the gastronomy capital of the world (so say the guidebooks) and has 16 Michelin stars in total so we couldn't live here for 2/3 years without doing it once! It was amazing, but I did have some foie as couldn't resist and now feel really guilty.

I think roxvox she bought big ones because she thinks I'm a chubster, not because she was expecting imminent grandmotherhood! But they are lovely nonetheless!

I am terrified of an mmc, although I know logically an early scan wouldn't change the outcome and perhaps make me sadder because it would be more real. I wish I hadn't found out so early so this time wouldn't take soooo long! I have 5 weeks and 4 days to wait for my scan it seems so long away!

I stood in my hair straighteners yesterday and the wire was broken and I got an electric shock and I was so so so worried about the baby. It's incredible to feel so much for it already!

WillSantaComeAgain Mon 11-Feb-13 12:59:36

<considers booking holiday to San Sebastian> Umlauf don't feel guilty about the foie gras. If you're not ill now then you're clearly not going to get salmonella/listeria from what you've eaten smile - you're supposed to avoid liver products because of the vitamin A content, but a tiny amount isn't going to do you any harm. [before i get flamed, I admit to basing this on the sum total of cock all!]

Don't let my experience of a mmc worry you - I've been reading the stats and its very rare <thinks she should get some sort of special rosette for being rare>

pinkbuttons Mon 11-Feb-13 13:33:34

Im sorry to hear about everyones mmc experiences. thankyou for saying its rare santa although from being on this thread its made me more aware that it does happen. I think I was so naive when pregnant with DS I had no worries at all as long as I wasnt bleeding I though everything would be fine.
I have decided though that all being well tomorrow I really need to try and stop pnicking an enjoy this pregnancy, minus the vomit of course.
Before all of this we wouldnt have paid for an early scan mostly because we just dont have spare money but am now looking forward to it aswell as being nervous.
Hope everyones having a lovely day, im hibernating because weve had alot of snow with no warning and its very very cold smile

MrsExcited Mon 11-Feb-13 13:57:30

Hiya,

The more i read on here the more terrified of MMC i get, i have got to stage now where i think ignorance would have been bliss!! However evn without Mumsnet i am a science teacher and fairly aware of the verius process that happen - As my husband said the day i got my bfp ,40 weeks of roller coaster, then forever after!

Feeling tired today got my dsd's for half term, which is lovely but exhausting!!

Got my booking in appointment on Friday, early at 5+5 but because i am a teacher it is at least in half term! so no need for time off school.

can't stop watching stuff on ebay! I know i am tempting fate but it is so much fun!

Hi ladies can I jump on board please, got a faint bfp on fri morning and getting darker each day!! Had a bit of a tough time last year (not going to go in to specifics!) but really hoping this one works out, at barely 4wks me thinks this is going to be loooonnnnnngggggg couple of months! Went and had cuddles with 2 newborns earlier, so teeny and smelled lovely (have 2DD's nearly 8 & 4 but have to catch them for a cuddle!) smile

HotSoupDumpling Mon 11-Feb-13 16:03:30

Hello all! I also got my BFP last week and am still (obsessively) POASing every few days to check that this little one is getting comfy! GP has given me a mid-October due date, but it feels utterly random.

MrsExcited - I too have been illicitly adding about a million baby clothes onto my ebay watchlist. I really have to stop tempting fate like this!

No vomming yet, but I do feel really tired. Although presumably it's nothing compared to what I'll be feeling in 8 months' time....

Wickedgirl Mon 11-Feb-13 16:54:12

Week 5 today and am starting to feel really sick. Ginger biscuits and peppermint tea seem to be helping though.

I had awful morning sickness with my other pregnancies so at least I know what's in store for me!

tuckingfits Mon 11-Feb-13 17:07:24

Gah! Finally got my positive result from the sample sent off by GP buuuuut... I am not to make an appt to see midwife until I am 8 weeks. Bearing in mind that I am 5 weeks today & the midwife works out of my village one day every two weeks & this is one of those weeks,do I blag it & make appt for 7 weeks or wait until I'm bloody 9 weeks??

I just want to get the ball rolling here,I'm very aware that last time they forgot to even book my 12 week scan & they had WEEKS to do so that time,this time they won't if I have to wait until I am already over 9 weeks pregnant.

There that's one of my rants over & done with. I've just walked miles with DS in pushchair to try & get him to sleep as no chance of that with partner putting new Velux window in roof & an electrician here banging away. He's so cold to sleep but just refusing to do the last little bit to drop off. I'm off to make tea for the workers.

If any of you have any suggestions re midwife appt,I'd be pleased to read them!

roofio87 Mon 11-Feb-13 17:10:53

I'm not seeing the midwife till 9+2. not sure there's much they can do before then anyway. but its the same for everyone here and that's when they give u your scan date they don't even book it until then!! I don't really feel like I need anything from mine yet,but if u think u need to get the ball rolling with yours then id say go for 7 and say u can't make the 9 week date as your away/working?! x

Tucking I think that you are definitely unsure of your dates, and so should go for the earlier appointment just to be on the safe side wink. I can't remember anything from the booking in appointment that would matter if you had it a week earlier.

tuckingfits Mon 11-Feb-13 17:15:10

Thanks! I know they don't do anything but I'm very conscious of the cock up with my scan last time. I just don't want to get to 12 + a few days & have to chase them up & end up booking my own scan as nobody else (who should) would.

guess I'll see how I feel closer to the time. Thanks for your ideas!

Natalieand Mon 11-Feb-13 17:26:34

Spoke to my midwife today via phone and is seeing me on 20th feb and ill be exactly 6 weeks. She asked when my last period was I was like hmmmm it was on the 9th of January oh atchly I can't be sure when it is as I don't track them possibly late dec/early jan and he said ok ill put a request through today for a dating scan as it can take a couple of weeks to go through

Whoop whoop bring on the scan people lol!!!

Empress77 Mon 11-Feb-13 17:28:26

My first day of sickness today, very weird! Id better try and make a dr/midwife appointment shortly I think! So desperate to tell my parents!

cherrycherry41 Mon 11-Feb-13 17:38:51

ive got mine at 6 weeks so id go for early one, you only go through health history to fill ur book in, get urine tested for protein, talk about foods u cant eat etc, nothing that wud be more beneficial at a later date xx

JellyCurls Mon 11-Feb-13 18:41:54

Evening ladies <waves tiredly>

I am dragging myself off the sofa tonight to go to the gym, crazy mental I know. Got sports bra and secret support top on and I look ridiculous. My nipples hurt so much today, anybody else experiencing this?

Bad tummy pains too but think just constipated blush hoping exercise will sort me out

Much admiration for you jelly. I shall be sitting on my arse in front of telly stuffing face with risotto.

GP tomorrow am, wonder just quite how uneventful it will be.

Haylebop12 Mon 11-Feb-13 18:56:26

jelly painful nips over here too. Nausea settled a bit though so that's good.

Wow, I'm so tired... Don't quite know how I'm going to get up at 5am for work <yawn>

Soupqueen Mon 11-Feb-13 18:57:49

Hello to the new arrivals!

I feel rough today. Queasy, pounding head and the achiest thighs - I've not heard of this before, is it a pregnancy symptom or just co-incidence?

Still getting stomach cramps, they're so worrying, I spend so much time knicker checking in the loos

cazboldy Mon 11-Feb-13 18:58:57

major tiredness and v.sore boobs here too....

not much in way of nausea.... which is worrying me slightly - it sounds crazy! who in the world wants to feel/be sick!!

think this one might be a boy - was already puking relentlessly with both my girls! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now