Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013-anyone else with an early Bfp?

(988 Posts)
tackytiger Mon 21-Jan-13 15:57:12

Got my line at 10dpo
This will be my secomd dc. Torn between delight and fear it will all go wrong. Dd october 3 by my reckoning.
Cant tell anyone except dh in real life so hoping i can get quietly excited here!

funkky Sun 10-Feb-13 17:50:32

Hi again everyone! Apart from tiredness, and a bit dodgy in the belly, I actually feel great at 6 weeks (7 weeks Tuesday). AF type pains have stopped.

I got letter confirming 12 week scan in March but nothing about any MW appointment before then so calling hospital tomorrow to ask about that.
Started to take metal out of underwire bras, cut it a bit and take it outblush Just bought a whole new set of underwear at Xmas and can't be splashing out on new non-wired ones yet. I'll just see how it goes.

BirdsDoIt Sun 10-Feb-13 18:01:45

legallyblond blimey that does not sound like a fun combination!! Maybe I should stop complaining re. no symptoms...

Point taken re pregnancy tests. I know you're completely right, and I'm being ridiculous in the extreme, just can't help myself...this is a really really stupid question, but if I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks, I would know it was happening, right? Or could the baby just sort of stop growing and AF start one day? (This question is not prompted by anything, no cramps, pain or bleeding, just paranoia - and ignorance, of course!)

BirdsDoIt Sun 10-Feb-13 18:24:05

Ps sorry, hope that last qu doesn't come across as too doom laden!! I am normally an optimistic person but first preg seems to have turned me into complete worrier.

Rockchick1984 Sun 10-Feb-13 18:56:36

Birds normally you would be aware of a miscarriage (pain, bleeding etc) however its possible to have a missed miscarriage which I think is what you're describing where it's not found to be a miscarriage until a scan is done.

BirdsDoIt Sun 10-Feb-13 19:20:29

Right, yes, makes sense. I hate just having to wait and see what happens! Almost wish I'd found out later so more of this waiting would be over :-) anyway, must think positive happy thoughts. On a cheerier note i'm starting a knitting project to distract myself and our new cat loves it. Weird fascination with the knitting needles...he is sitting on the floor watching me fixedly, pouncing every now and then - which is making the experience less relaxing than planned but v entertaining!

Haylebop12 Sun 10-Feb-13 19:20:56

I had a misses miscarriage. Found out at 12 wk scan that baby stopped growing 9 wk. didn't realise it was possible until it happened...

Haylebop12 Sun 10-Feb-13 19:26:51

Oh god I don't mean to bring his thread down.

Sorry sad

Nausea is doing my nut in!

BirdsDoIt Sun 10-Feb-13 19:27:09

haylebop that must have been so sad, I'm sorry x

BirdsDoIt Sun 10-Feb-13 19:27:51

Fingers crossed for all these new ones!

roofio87 Sun 10-Feb-13 19:27:56

ooo birds what are you knitting? I knit too,thinkin I'm going to start with a cream blanket as obvs don't know what we're having yet!!
I mentioned my pains to my best friend (who knows I'm pg) and she was with her mum who is a midwife so I told her and she said my description sounds like muscle pain. told me to watch out for it getting worse or getting any other symptoms otherwise not to worry. feel better now!!

BirdsDoIt Sun 10-Feb-13 19:28:35

Ps and my fault for asking a worrisome question!

Haylebop12 Sun 10-Feb-13 19:32:04

birds Shame because it does happen. Definitely praying for a sticky bean.

Can't believe I'm only 5 wk. this is gonna be a long pregnancy! Wish I was one of those that found out like 4/5 months on!!

BirdsDoIt Sun 10-Feb-13 19:34:28

A baby blanket - kind of sea bluey green so it could be for boy or girl. It's a lovely lacy pattern - I've made it before in another yarn and it miraculously ended up looking quite like the picture in the book (purls of wisdom - it's the born under a star blanket - lovely easy baby patterns as well as other fun stuff if you feel you need distracting like I do or feel a nesting instinct coming on!)
Glad you got reassurance on your muscle pain, that's a relief.

BirdsDoIt Sun 10-Feb-13 19:59:02

haylebop I know the feeling, this is going to be longest six weeks nine months ever! And there was I thinking that getting pregnant was the challenging part (not that that didn't have its fun elements :-) now we get to stress about staying pregnant - at least when not fending off a marauding cat intent on biting a knitting needle to death.

pinkbuttons Sun 10-Feb-13 20:05:07

Hello ladies, wow youve been chatting today grin hello to everyone whos new to the thread and Congratulations!
also huge Congrats to sal on your engagement.
My pain is a bit better today. have sneezed about 50 times and each time pain is worse so starting to think my be muscular oops. although as DH says its not our job to diagnose myself, so trying not to feel guilty if have wasted hospital time. Have been trying to stay off here today in an attempt to get myself ready for bad news on Tuesday. but have just had a call to say may blood tests yesterday appear to be very normal (not sure what that means) was told they just took blood and would compare it to hcg results on Tuesday. anyway still have scan booked for Tuesday and now lettig myself have a bit of hope everything may be ok...
Sorry to hear about your past experience hayle is anyone else having an early scan? i will be 7 weeks for scan on Tuesday. no idea what I will see if everything is ok?

cherrycherry41 Sun 10-Feb-13 20:19:38

congratulations sal very jealous of you right now but happy for you nonetheless smile must have been a crazy weekend for you! xx

Haylebop12 Sun 10-Feb-13 20:37:42

I don't have an early scan booked pink to be honest I'm unsure about it as I had one last time as I was admitted with HG. 7+4 and perfect hb so false sense of everything being ok I guess. I think I'll see what the midwife suggests... Although that's 3 weeks away!

Glad your feeling better and hoping for good news. I'm trying so hard not to think the worst of every niggle and ache.

legallyblond Sun 10-Feb-13 20:40:22

Sorry it happened to you Haylebop.

Happened to my best friend too. She had an early scan at 8 weeks (because she lost one v early, at 5 weeks, before and was worried)... All fine and heart beating at 8 weeks. At the 12 week scan it seemed it had stopped growing a few days after that. She'd had no idea sad. I think being with her through that is why (a) I wouldn't have an early scan (false hope) and (b) I don't assume for a moment I will def be having a baby in Oct! But I was like this with DD.... And she's nearly 2 and a half!!!! grin

legallyblond Sun 10-Feb-13 20:43:02

Just to say, re the early scan, obviously I see the point of them if there is a concern (like for you pink), I just wouldn't pay to have one for the sake of it.

Haylebop12 Sun 10-Feb-13 20:44:13

My pregnancy with dd was stress free and textbook. Was always something that 'never happens to you'.

cazboldy Sun 10-Feb-13 20:47:36

can I please join.....

Got BFP on Friday afternoon, and did another yesterday morning which confirmed it....!

Have 5 dc already. Eldest 16, youngest 5.

This one is a bit of a surprise! smile

not telling a soul til after 1st scan, but need to tell someone iykwim!?

Think i will be due around the 8th of Oct, but have PCOS, and VERY irregular cycles, so will need scan to confirm date!

Natalieand Sun 10-Feb-13 20:48:17

I'm having an early scan pink buttons to confirm baby's due dates at the end of feb (midwife should give me a date when she sees me this week) will be 5 weeks Wednesday and about 7 weeks at the early scan boy this is going as slow as anything lol xxx

Congratulations sal and pleased things are calmer pinkbuttons. I had an early scan at 8 weeks with DD as was bleeding. I don't actually remember much about it other than being reassured all was okay. Definitely don't recall seeing anything on screen, but was in a complete tizz at the time.

Topslou Sun 10-Feb-13 21:25:13

Evening ladies

I had a BFP on Thursday & think my due date is 11th October. I'm eagerly counting down the days until my 12 week scan. Was pregnant last year and found out at the scan that the baby had died at 8 weeks. So although I can't wait for my scan I'm absolutely terrified as well. Have been offered the option of an early scan by the consultant I had to see last year but not sure whether to go for it or not. Got a couple of weeks to make my mind up & will discuss it with the GP next week.

TinyCC Sun 10-Feb-13 22:31:50

Hi ladies
Had BFP last week and think my due date is around 10th Oct (although my periods have been so horrendously irregular I'm not really sure). First time I've ever been pregnant so as you can imagine I'm somewhere between delighted and terrified! Midwife appointment is booked for 2 weeks Wednesday. So far have felt sick pretty much constantly and my boobs are so sore I can hardly touch them - had to go and buy some new bras already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now