Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013-anyone else with an early Bfp?

(988 Posts)
tackytiger Mon 21-Jan-13 15:57:12

Got my line at 10dpo
This will be my secomd dc. Torn between delight and fear it will all go wrong. Dd october 3 by my reckoning.
Cant tell anyone except dh in real life so hoping i can get quietly excited here!

PenelopeLane Sat 09-Feb-13 18:28:12

pink I did the same as you and got worried about an ectopic! But then the pain went away. How's yours? I'll still mention it to the mw next week though

littleducks Sat 09-Feb-13 19:54:02

Hello everyone, can I join?

I had a positive test on Wednesday. Had been having some odd symptoms before but still came as a bit of a shock, I wasnt expecting it at all.

I am really not sure of dates.So I bought a fancy pants £££ clearblue digitest and it didnt work, showed and error message, blasted thing. I much prefered the tesco ones. I might try and get a private dating scan to see.

I have a dd and a ds. Ds is nearly 5 so a bigger gap than several on here, in fact I think I have forgotten lots!

pinkbuttons Sat 09-Feb-13 20:22:27

Hi lovely ladies. after waiting 5 hours for GP have been sent up to the hospitalconfused all a bit scary. just at home packing a bag and sorting childcare for DS.
Dr said to keep hopeful bit he doesnt think hes overracting. will keep you all up to date.

roxvox Sat 09-Feb-13 20:27:40

Hope it all goes well pinkbuttons sending you positive vibes thanks

Pinkush Sat 09-Feb-13 20:38:33

Got my GP appt on Wednesday so hopefully get the ball rolling from then. Tucking and cherry what a bizarre systm you have to go through! Why do they make you send off a sample? Do they have lots of women lying about being pregnant just for the fun of a midwife appt?? What a waste of time (and NHS money) and seems insulting to women who ultimately just want to be referred on to antenatal care and get a scan!

Pinkush Sat 09-Feb-13 20:47:52

Sorry pinkbuttons- just read back over last few messages. Hope everything goes well up at the hospital. I'm sure everything will be fine and fingers crossed you'll get a scan to show everything's ok.

Natalieand Sat 09-Feb-13 20:48:08

Keeping everything crossed for you pinkbuttons xxxx

Natalieand Sat 09-Feb-13 21:04:44

Stil got the horrible AF type pains really low down hope its nothing serious, anyone else have this at 4-5 weeks ? Wouldn't say painful ATM just uncomfortable. Still having diorhea too. Done a cheapy test this afternoon and came up positive straight away. Am I worrying over nothing?

Thinking of you pinkbuttons - please let is know how you get on xxx

MrsExcited Sat 09-Feb-13 21:25:45

Thinking of you pinkbuttons

Have spent today feeling like normal again which scared me then i relaised, i hadn't eaten all day (very unusual for me!!!) then came home ate half a bagette and butter then thirds on the shepherds pie, now sat here with gentle cramps in tummy so thinking little bean is still there!

Natalie, Have read those cramps are normal uterus stretching, and wind related!

I hope for both our sakes you are worrying oer nothing!

Natalieand Sat 09-Feb-13 21:28:18

Me too. I hope this diorhea is a good sign had it for a week now, but then thinking about it if it was bad surely something would have occurred by now? Got docs on tues to have my high blood pressure checked so will ask about it all then these tiny beans giving us all this worry already lol

Livened Sat 09-Feb-13 21:31:55

Natalieand I have the exact same symptoms as you. Bad tummy (I remember this also from last time - I actually lost weight in my first Trimester!). I also have a horrible headache which is similar t the ones I usually get while on my period. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about for either of us ;-)

Sending ((hugs)) to Pinkbuttons

I'm also already stressing about avoiding social drinking type situations. I have a hen do in mid March so I will have to tell them (I will only be about 10 weeks though so not ideal). Fortunately after that any functions we have in the diary will be after the 12 week mark.

X

Rockchick1984 Sat 09-Feb-13 21:32:57

Hello littleducks - your name made me smile, my DS is obsessed with ducklings smile welcome (again) carcassone sorry you got missed when you first said hi!

Pinkbuttons I'm sure it's precautionary - you will hopefully get a scan and see your gorgeous baby!

Natalieand I had that, does it feel like a dull ache rather than a sharp pain? It was the ligaments stretching, I think as long as its not sharp pains or incredibly painful it's all normal.

I started feeling queasy this afternoon - had no morning sickness last time so desperately hoping it was just a one off and I'm not going to suffer this time hmm - also have some backache but dr google reliably informs me that it's normal particularly if you don't have very good stomach muscles!

legallyblond Sat 09-Feb-13 21:34:04

Good luck pinkbuttons - keep us posted.

pinkbuttons Sat 09-Feb-13 22:46:27

hello littleducks and carcassone sorry I missed you in my whirl of self panic.

Am home and in my own bed pthank goodness, had to convince dr my house really was a 5 minute walk and that Id have no hesitation calling the ward if pain was worse.

Have had Hcg bloods done and been thouroughly examined (ouch) and now I just have to wait. Have repeat bloods and a scan booked for Tuesday so all being well I will make it to then with no added pain and this bean will be in the right place...
Trying to stay positive at the moment feel like I should enjoy being pregnant while we dont know either way. Thankyou all so much for your good wishes. fingers crossed ill have good news on Tuesday.
To everyone having cramps. Dr told me today that its very common and they only get concerned if pain is so bad it stops you from doing anything else or if its only on one side and persistant. Hope that puts your mind at rest natalie

roxvox Sat 09-Feb-13 23:13:12

Hi pinkbuttons thank you for the update. I am so glad that you're safely back in your own bed. It's reassuring to know that the poking and prodding didn't bring anything up. Wishing you luck for the results and for Tuesday.

Thanks for the update on cramps too, that's good to know!

Thank you got updating pinkbuttons kept checking back to see if you had. Pleased all currently calm - rest lots between now and Tuesday.

roofio87 Sat 09-Feb-13 23:30:09

look after yourself pinkbuttons and keep positive!! (I know easier said than done!) have a good rest tonight x

BirdsDoIt Sat 09-Feb-13 23:47:50

Hello everyone, can I join? 6 wks today, due 4th October (I think...) all being well, though am still doing about 2 preg tests a week to make sure I haven't imagined it... You ladies have been busy chatting, just read through 24 pages of messages!! (And see i'm not alone on obsessive pregnancy re-testing - DH thinks i'm ridiculous). Wish i'd found this group sooner to have company in the oh-so-slow wait for first scan...

Fingers crossed for you pinkbuttons.

Natalieand Sun 10-Feb-13 06:53:04

Thanks Rockchick and pink buttons dull she has gone this morning it wasn't stopping me doing anything or one sides so that's put my mind at rest a little. I've got a nasty ear infection and I've got ear stops here does n e 1 no if u can use them during pregnancy? Xxx

Ps. fingers crossed for Tuesday *pinkbuttons how far will u be then ?

Natalieand Sun 10-Feb-13 06:53:23

Ear drops* whoops lol xx

JellyCurls Sun 10-Feb-13 07:25:55

pinkbuttons I am just reading through your posts and hope you are ok. Plenty of rest next few days and hope your scan goes well on Tuesday x

Welcome to all the new ladies hope you all keeping well

pinkbuttons Sun 10-Feb-13 09:12:40

Thank you again everyone, so glad to have you all to talk to when no one else in RL knows whats going on. DH has gone from not mentioning the fact I was pregnant to offering to carry me downstairs this morning... bless him dont think he knows what to do with himself.
Actually feeling a bit better today and pain has moved up my tummy and not as bad. starting to worry am wasting everyones time blush will be 7 weeks on Tuesday so will just have to wait and see. fingers crossed.

Hows everyone else weekend been? hopefully all relaxing and uneventful smile

Morning all, how are we all on this miserable Sunday?

pinkbuttons sorry to hear about your stressful day! I'm suprised they didn't scan you yesterday - waiting is just the worst. Keeping fingers crossed for you that its just trapped wind xx

Am avoiding all social occasions for as long as possible, as very much enjoy my wine normally and so it is very obvious when I'm not drinking! Was SOO moody yesterday, need to try and keep myself in check today!

Still debating whether to book an early scan - have gps on Tuesday so will see if I can get one out of them! Bit reluctant to though, because I have heard some people don't get the 12 week one if have scan after 8 weeks, as this is used for dating! Don't think I could wait 12 weeks for 20 week!

Rockchick1984 Sun 10-Feb-13 09:28:22

Welcome birds

Button I'm so glad you are home and feeling a bit better!

Bowl we've booked a private scan for 8 weeks, it's £65 and money is a bit tight but it's the week before DS's birthday and means we can announce baby #2 at his party so long as the scan is all good smile

Is anyone else trying to watch what they eat? I gained nearly 5 stone having DS blush and am terrified about doing the same again this time - I wa slim to start with but looked like a huge whale by the end and was a nightmare trying to lose weight with a newborn!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now