Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

October 2013-anyone else with an early Bfp?

(988 Posts)
tackytiger Mon 21-Jan-13 15:57:12

Got my line at 10dpo
This will be my secomd dc. Torn between delight and fear it will all go wrong. Dd october 3 by my reckoning.
Cant tell anyone except dh in real life so hoping i can get quietly excited here!

legallyblond Thu 24-Jan-13 15:17:25

I had no morning sickness at all with DD and didn't feel a kick until 26 weeks (v late!).... She's now 2!

I can't promise all will be fine but symptoms etc at this stage have very little bearing. Until much later, the only really important thing is to take folic acid. Try not to panic!!

For much of being preg with DD, the only symptom was the small bump! And that wasn't until 20 weeks!

C0smos Thu 24-Jan-13 16:43:22

I'll also join you if you don't mind, another who is technically a late September but that thread is far too full and everyone seems so far ahead.
This will be DC2 for me, have a DS who is 4.5 we've been TTC for over a year and I had a laparoscopy in Dec, although gyne couldn't find anything wrong and told me I'd be pregnant soon - he was right.
I'm 36 so very worried about mc but just trying not to think about it.
I've been feeling a little bit sick and just generally yuck which I didn't at all in my last pregnancy I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Mamab33 Thu 24-Jan-13 19:47:48

Had my first GP appointment today. All fine and really excited but freaking myself out....was persuaded to have the flu jab. Please tell me I did the right thing??

Umlauf Thu 24-Jan-13 19:58:11

Exciting! What else happened? I have no insight on the flu jab although I am sure it was a good idea if the doc recommended it. Did you get to see/hear anything? (first timer so literally clueless!) mines next Friday!

JellyCurls Thu 24-Jan-13 20:02:32

Hello ladies room for one more? Think am due about the 3rd October and this will be dc3 - yikes.

No major symptoms but got stretchy pelvis and am knackered

racheld33 Thu 24-Jan-13 20:18:07

So sorry mycat, lots of cuddles definately needed, and fx will see you towards the end of the month! X

Hello legallyblond and congrats on your BFP (even if wasn't planned!!!!). I have 2 and 1/2 year old DS. this week I have already said to him 'it would be nice for mummy to have another baby and then we would have someone else to play with' and he just said 'yes' and that was it! My plan is to just keep talking like that to him for the next few months, and as I get bigger then point to my tummy and say 'look this is the baby in mummy's tummy' and go from there! Don't think he'd be too bothered if I told him we were having a baby...... He's more interested in fireman Sam!

tackytiger Thu 24-Jan-13 22:55:46

Mine is so excited about babies and has been asking for a brother or sister for ages. Not going to tell hre until after the scan though.
Also,i had no morning sickness in my first pregnancy so it's normal not to now, right?!

legallyblond Thu 24-Jan-13 23:00:04

Hi jelly! Good to see you here!!!

Mamab33 Thu 24-Jan-13 23:07:12

Hello Umlauf I'm pretty clueless too. Got predicted date... looks like I'm about 6 weeks. Got given some forms to try to fill in because it seems that you manage your own file so that anybody who treats hou can see it. Got given tub of folic acid with vits C & D to take. Told not to smoke or drink and referred to MW for appointment at 10wks to test for sickle cell anaemia, which they have just started doing. Got leaflets about all of the other tests that we will have done. Can't wait for DH to get home now to talk it all over. It is definitely feeling more real now!!smile

Mamab33 Thu 24-Jan-13 23:21:49

FX big cuddles

char1eston Fri 25-Jan-13 07:44:24

Hello all. Can I join please? Haven't had a chance to read through all the posts yet but will do when I get home from work.
Got my BFP a couple of days ago and am still quite amazed as it happened so quickly (same happened with DD (19 months)).
Not sure exactly when I ovulated as I had a weird AF last month but predicted due date is 29th Sept. Was a week late though with dd so I have no doubt that I'm looking at October.
Fingers crossed at the mo for a sticky bean (for me and everyone else).
Hope you are all feeling well.

PenelopeLane Fri 25-Jan-13 08:36:00

Hello! Can I please join? I have done three tests now, and on each one the line is darker - and the mumsnet calculator says 2 Oct. I already have one ds, who may have a sibling on his birthday if this bean sticks! grin

No symptoms here except cramps and the largest pimple known to man. Had terrible skin with DS so hope not to repeat that!

Mamab33 Fri 25-Jan-13 09:33:53

Congratulations Pene and Char.
Bad skin massive sore bbs and insomnia are my main symptoms. Have had a lot of crampish type sensations too.
FX for all!

char1eston Fri 25-Jan-13 11:55:58

Lovely that there's a few of us in here. Have caught up with all the posts do far.
Umlauf - don't worry about the lack o symptoms. I didn't have any with dd until I was about 7 weeks when my boobs started to hurt (first I knew I was pg) and I didn't have any ms grin.
Everyone is different and won't experience the same stuff.
My boobs are nowhere near as sore (yet) but I do have a metallic taste in my mouth and gag when brushing my teeth!

char1eston Fri 25-Jan-13 12:04:34

C0smos - I am 36 too

Umlauf Fri 25-Jan-13 13:31:54

Oh I have the boob thing. And I'm really tired. I'm still in bed! Wat a wate of a day off! Although am not feeling too guilty as will probably never have a duvet day again in 8 months! Also very hungry, got out of bed to make a huge plate of pasta. Just no sickness yet!

When does the the very first scan/vag-cam happen?! Ie, how long before I can see it!?

C0smos Fri 25-Jan-13 14:59:36

I've got horrible lower back ache, seems to come on over the course of the day, gone again by morning. I'm also a moody cow had a right grump at DH as he threw away a school newsletter I needed and the went off to work without putting the recycling out - I'm hoping these are all good signs!!

char1eston Fri 25-Jan-13 15:25:43

I didn't have an early scan with dd - first one was at 12 weeks. Not sure if it's different in Spain.
Will you have baby over there?

Umlauf Fri 25-Jan-13 16:03:24

Yes I suppose so. DH suggested going back but we'd end up based out of our parents, if its late then there's the issue of DH taking ages off work... It'll certainly be an adventure here!

JellyCurls Fri 25-Jan-13 16:11:12

Hello ladies no symptoms here yet except still got a pully pelvis. Called doc for booking appointment and got none for two weeks so going to be a long wait

legallyblond Fri 25-Jan-13 16:20:47

Umlauf - I also didn't have a scan until 12 weeks with DD. I suspect it's similar in Spain. I am sure all will be fine with us all, but there's just no point the NHS throwing resources af scans earlier than that jobless something could be wrong (like bleeding) as that 12 week mark is a good cut off in terms of pregs that are healthy then are very very likely to continue. Personally, unless there is something of concern (like I was bleeding) I would not want a scan earlier than 12 weeks. I prefer not to see it until I know it is sticking! Scans all the way to about 8 weeks give a potentially false hope (completely different obviously of you need to get a concern checked out). I don't mean to be negative at all, all is likely to progress perfectly! Don't worry and be patient!!!! Spain will indeed be an adventure but they are I'm sure very capable there! Most pregnancies and births are basically just the body doing what it's made to do, so all tends to be fine with minimal intervention in the vast majority of cases! I took great comfort from that last time!

Jelly - hi! I hate the tugging pelvis feeling. I remember it well!

Hi Charleston, Cosmos, Mamab33 and Penelope!!!

legallyblond Fri 25-Jan-13 16:26:49

Oh and Tackytiger and Racheld33 - my DD has been baby obsessed for months! Everything (and I mean everything, like the phone or a bit of food hmm is her "baby" and needs feeding or putting to bed or cuddling.... Her godmother and our neighbour (who has a DD the same age as my DD) are both due in Spring, so DD has been telling everyone (wrongly, obviously!) for months that " there's a baby in my mummy's tummy".. Although she did occasionally go on to explain it was baby Jesus.... Upside is noone will think I actually am preg if she says I am!

legallyblond Fri 25-Jan-13 16:28:43

Sirry, iPhone went a bit crazy on my first post... Weird typos!

studentvera Fri 25-Jan-13 19:44:54

Can I add myself to the thread! Am 4 weeks today with due date 4th oct I think!
Am so excited having spent 10 months ttc.
I'm 36 and this is my first.
Looking forward to sharing symptoms. At the moment I am peeing lots and have a pulling feeling low down wink

racheld33 Fri 25-Jan-13 20:27:37

Had my first daytime nap for this pregnancy today, put DS down for his and could feel my bed calling, was soooo tired, felt good (but DH was less that impressed when he came home to a house in a tip and no tea made!)

Hello to all the new joiners and congrats on your BFP's!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now