Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

October 2013-anyone else with an early Bfp?

(988 Posts)
tackytiger Mon 21-Jan-13 15:57:12

Got my line at 10dpo
This will be my secomd dc. Torn between delight and fear it will all go wrong. Dd october 3 by my reckoning.
Cant tell anyone except dh in real life so hoping i can get quietly excited here!

racheld33 Mon 21-Jan-13 18:45:09

Hello tackytiger!
By my calculations I'm also due 3rd October so we can do this together!
I got faint positive 8 dpo and its been getting darker everyday since (had a box of 5 so I thought I'd use them all up!)
This is my 2nd too, got 2 and 1/2 year old DS.
Really excited, took us a long 6 months TTC, so feels like we've earned it.
Really want to tell people but as not to tempt fate it's just me and DH who can get excited at the moment!

mycatlikestwiglets Mon 21-Jan-13 20:42:39

Hi ladies, can I join? Got my bfp this morning and am pretty excited! EDD is 28 Sept but as Dc1 was 10 days overdue I reckon early Oct is more likely.

Like you, this will be DC2 - I have a DS who just turned 2. I feel eerily like I did with DS so hopefully that's a good early sign that all will be well with this one too!

Umlauf Mon 21-Jan-13 20:47:35

Hello! This is my first ever mumsnet post having lurked on the TTC groups for a bit! I'm 26, married, this will be DC1! AF was due on Friday, very unsure about due date but should be end of September/early October. I think I'm 4 weeks.

. I live in Spain and don't speak much spanish so am very nervous! Went to register with a doctor on Friday and ended up telling everyone I was having my cousins baby by mistake! (The word for 'first' and 'cousin' are quite similar and I think it was made worse as DH and I share a surname which they don't do in Spain!) I can see this is going to be quite an adventure...

Anyone else TERRIFIED something will go wrong? I keep reading horror stories on the Internet and was lurking on the sept thread and so sad people have to drop off threads. :-(

racheld33 Mon 21-Jan-13 21:09:15

Hi mycat I felt weirdly like I did with DS too, I knew I was preggers from 5 dpo (due to scanky cervical mucous that I remember so well!) sorry if TMI so early in the thread!

And hello umlauf, must be so hard with a language barrier to complicate things! I know with my DS I was so worried that something was going to go wrong that I didn't tell anyone till I was 20 weeks, I didn't buy anything for the baby till I was 8 months. Now I look back and feel a bit sad I was so worried that I didn't enjoy the preparation. Although there are always sad stories to be heard, most pregnancies go perfectly (other than nausea/vomitting/heartburn etc!) without any intervention and at the end you end up with a cuddly bundle!

Umlauf Mon 21-Jan-13 22:03:51

Hey rachel and congrats on your bfp!! yes it's hard with the language problem and I don't know many people here so am feeling a little lonely, that's why I was thrilled to join here! They also seem so lax about the whole thing, pregnant ladies still smoking etc and no-one bats an eyelid!

Speaking of nausea, vomiting etc, has anybody experienced any symptoms yet? All I have is extreme tiredness (although that could be from cutting caffeine) and very are boobs. I almost want the vomiting to know everything is ok! mycat how do you feel?!

tackytiger Mon 21-Jan-13 22:33:27

Hurray!lovely to meet you all. Glad i can do a bit of mild squeeing here.
Rachel, i knew this was my month from about 5 dpo too. It was the absence of symptoms rather than anything else- no pmt! Now i have serious tiredness and a bit of mild nausea. Didnt have any of that with dd.
Umlauf, i am petrified of something going wrong. With dd i didnt even consider it, but since i had her i worry about everything! Fingers crossed, eh?!
We want to tell her after the scan as it'll be around her third birthday. Then we'll be going to visit our families in april so can hopefully tell them in person.
So absolutely thrilled, it's like the most gorgeous secret feeling ever.

mycatlikestwiglets Tue 22-Jan-13 08:42:17

umlauf, I sort of knew I was pg as my skin was so good - i usually get blocked pores when af is due but it's really clear atm! I tested on Saturday and got a bfn but started to get sore boobs on Sunday so I had a feeling a bfp was on its way - managed to hold off until yesterday and there it was! I'm feeling pretty good now but starting to get a bit of an icky feeling from time to time so i suspect there might be some morning sickness on the way (I had constant nausea with DS so am not looking forward to that). I'm also feeling hungry all the time but only really want healthy stuff - exactly like when i was pg with DS!

Apart from that, I have insomnia. i keep waking up really early and not being able to get back to sleep. Am surprised at how ok I feel actually, the tiredness doesn't seem to have hit yet! Has anyone else turned into an insomniac?

racheld33 Tue 22-Jan-13 13:09:15

Wow, all symptoms you have I have too!
Bit tired (but DS been up with croup so may be more due to that), Sore boobs, early morning insomnia (waking 5.30 ish and then can't get back to sleep so I've started to use that time to think of baby names-a bit early I know LOL!)

I am currently stocking up my cupboards, freezer, stock cupboard to prepare for the awful MS to come. At 6 weeks with my last pregnancy I was sick on average 20 times a day (nighttime was the worst!), ended up in hospital and then on anti sickness drugs till I was 24 weeks (which helped a bit to prevent to vomiting but still felt nausea most of the time) I figure the more prepared i am, the less of a hassle it will be when it comes!

WillSantaComeAgain Tue 22-Jan-13 13:24:32

Hello all - technically should be in September, but they're already on thread no 2 and its so busy, I'd never catch up. Plus DC1 and PG2 (late mc in the summer) were both due at the end of the month and I got really fed up with being up to a month behind everyone. [impatient emoticon]. Anyway, for the purposes of this thread, I'm going to say that my EDD is 1 Oct, but that may not be entirely true hmm.

DC1 is 2 and we've been TTC for a year (with one semi-success in the middle). Insomnia has been my friend for months now anyway, lurching between various stresses, including the thought that I'd never get pg again. But although I should be thrilled, I'm a bit biscuit because I don't want to get too excited in case it goes wrong.

[Waves madly to compensate for slightly eyeore like nature of the last sentance]

Umlauf Tue 22-Jan-13 14:31:13

Hello santa I am kind of the same as you! Based in one app I am due 28th September but I figured first babies are often late! And I'm really jealous that everyone on that thread is having scans, sickness (god I am so weird being jealous of sickness) etc and they seem SO far ahead!

My first appointment is next Friday and I don't know what to expect. It will be (I think) nearly 6 weeks so are they unlikely to scan and just test bloods? Live in Spain so could well be different to back home.

Has anyone told people yet? I've just told my mum and dad. It seems so weird having this massive secret! Really want to tell my boss soon though as he is increasing my workload and I am already so exhausted.

I'm also really concerned about finances. Been checking over everything and I am entitled to nothing whatsoever when the baby comes. Zilch. No maternity pay, benefits, child allowance. So we are going to have to move to a smaller apartment and save like crazy until the baby is here! DH applying for promotion but wouldn't find out til next January! I will very much be a budget mummy, sniff!

Umlauf Tue 22-Jan-13 14:32:13

mycat you are tres lucky my skin has gone AWFUL! I look like a teenager again! And oh my, the boobache.

Mamab33 Tue 22-Jan-13 19:54:28

Hello ladies. BFP 15 Jan. This is DC1. So exciting but it is so difficult to keep it secret!

nicecupofteaplease Tue 22-Jan-13 19:59:35

Whooppee! Somewhere I'm allowed to tell people. I am so bad at keeping pregnancies a secret, fear I may crack. I think I'm due 2nd October with DC THREE. Yup. Gulp.

I've totally forgotten what to do when you find out you're pregnant and sounded like a complete idiot talking to our lovely midwife who was a bit surprised when I said this was number three. For anyone else whose mind has gone blank - call midwife and make booking appt, sit tight for 4 weeks, then get first scan date in the post. Then gestate.

I have had to hold myself back from going crazy on the maternity clothes shopping, but not sure how long that will last smile

Congrats everyone!

Mamab33 Tue 22-Jan-13 20:19:21

How long are you planning to wait until you tell everybody? Will first scan be at 12 weeks or can it be early sometimes?

Have appointment with GP to tell them this week. Hopefully that will get the ball rolling smile

racheld33 Tue 22-Jan-13 20:32:25

Just got back from an appt with the GP to tell them I was pregnant.
She's given me a due date of 1st October!
Got me to sign a form so I get free prescriptions, written me a prescription for folic acid (which I told her I already had but she gave me anyway) and one for cyclizine (the anti sickeness drug I needed last time to make my vomiting slightly under control), and said will contact my hospital of choice so they know I'm going to be going there.
All feels real now!
Going to tell my mum and dad this weekend (as they will definitely be needed to help with child care when sickness kicks in) but other than that going to keep quiet till 12 weeks smile

Mamab33 Tue 22-Jan-13 20:46:02

Congratulations! smile

It must feel more real now...I can't wait!

nicecupofteaplease Wed 23-Jan-13 20:59:21

SO tired

mycatlikestwiglets Thu 24-Jan-13 07:28:17

I'm sadly going to check out of this thread - symptoms suddenly disappeared yesterday and started bleeding heavily last night sad. I guess this one wasn't meant to be but at least it happened early. DS will be getting some extra big cuddles this morning!

Wishing all you ladies the very best of luck. There's a small chance of me joining you again if all goes well with ttc again next month seeing as I was technically a late Sept person - cross your fingers for me getting a quick BFP and a late Oct EDD!

Umlauf Thu 24-Jan-13 07:53:15

Oh no. mycat I'm so sorry to hear your news. I do hope you are being pampered this morning and cuddled lots by ds. Fx you'll join us in a few weeks, I'm sure it'll happen v quickly. Xxx

legallyblond Thu 24-Jan-13 07:59:40

So sorry Mycat.... Such sad news.

I will catch up properly with the thread soon but, can I join please!?

BFP yesterday and I calculate due date as 1 Oct! We have a DD already who is 2.3, so she'll be 3 if this one arrives. They could share a bday...

Feeling a bit of a mixed bag as this wasn't planned exactly... We had one "slip up". We had imagined a bigger gap for all sorts of practical reasons, but when I quell the panic re finances etc, I am obviously very excited! Despite the surprise element, I very much hope it sticks!

Feel as I did last time - that tugging sort of feeling down there and super achy boobs. Not nearly as tired, but I think that's a case of mind over matter!

For those who have DCs already, when will you give them the news? We were thinking of not hiding it as such, but properly explaining it all to her after the 12 week scan... If we get that far.

BFP was yesterday, so still reeling......! I guessed there was a possibility, but thought it v remote! The "incident" was a good 4 days post ovulation....

Umlauf Thu 24-Jan-13 11:06:57

Hi Legally Blonde and congratulations! Have you got any symptoms yet? Our little cell-clusters are the size of an orange pip ish at the moment!!

legallyblond Thu 24-Jan-13 11:57:32

Yes - same as last time at this stage. A dull sort of achy tugging feeling down there, quite low (I remember worrying about it last time and explaining it to the GP as "exactly like the feeling of someone pulling my hair - uncomfortable tugging and a bit sore- but inside"... He said it was it all "bedding in" and all was fine) and achy, achy boobs... Like the worst af ever is about to strike. Also mildly queasy (retching this morning when tooth brushing), which I also remember from last time but it was milder with DD. so yes, symptoms! They are why I tested!

legallyblond Thu 24-Jan-13 11:58:33

You Umlauf? Symptoms? I need to catch up.... Will this be your first?

Umlauf Thu 24-Jan-13 15:00:00

Hi! I don't have many which I am paranoid about. Terribly achy boobs although worse at night and so I panic each morning and pinch them just to check! (Crazy) sore throat (probably completely underrated) occasional pains (but often turn out to be wind!) as you can see I'm analysing everything!!

This will be my first, so very excited! And I'm doing the whole thing abroad as well with limited knowledge of the local lingo so its very much an adventure! Crazily wishing for ms through so I know that things are going in the right direction, or for a bump or heartbeat.... Just a sign its real!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now