Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 3rd Gemini Luxury Bus

(996 Posts)
Librarina Sun 20-Jan-13 15:51:32

I thought I'd get our shiny new thread started, welcome.
Previos Thread

I also thought I'd include our little round up of who is having what, when...feel free to update, there's only a few of us so we shouldn't end up drowning in Stats!

kittykats : girl
JoJo: boy
Bringon: girl
Frust: boy
Blending: one of each
Lib: surprise - 1st baby - EDD June 7th
Lor: surprise (for now!)
Ohtheplaces: girl - 1st baby - EDD June 5th
Peardrop: boy

What does everyone think about finding each other on facebook?

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Tue 07-May-13 18:34:47

That would be good bring although me and FB are currently on a "break", so will probably need a few days to find myself and arrange visibility grin

I just took the dog on a lovely walk along the cliffs in the sunshine. I love living where I do when it's lovely weather, and that I have the dog as an excuse to go walking.

I'd like to say that the walk got things moving again. But the only thing I achieved is a blister from my new trainers, and normal non-preg backache from waddling with a bump and a blister and a stone in my shoe. oh and a couple of well placed punches in my cervix thrown in for good measure. grin

Oh frus don't think I could bear another 5 weeks confused definatly not worth thinking about, weather turns tomorrow aparently so bubs can come anytime after that, maybe my fri off first wink
Bring I'd be up for the Facebook thing, would just sent private pm with details to anyone who wants to grin

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Tue 07-May-13 19:01:21

Ow ow ow. I have a blister on the ball of my foot too. Silly trainers.

Sorry this is going to be a very tmi post but just wondering bring if you can tell from cervix position anything about when labour may be due or not? I had a furtle just after bath to see out of interest and can't even seem to feel cervix even with longest finger, does that mean it could be quite a way off? Does it get lower down as you are in labour?or going into labour?

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Tue 07-May-13 21:06:29

I wondered that kitty

Also tmi, I wondered if it would count as a true furtle based on size of bump, altered position and likelihood of furtling since ttc. confused

Clearly I think too much.

You've lost me frus lol
I tried 2 different positions and bump didn't really get in the way but just couldn't feel anything I don't think, I know it's usually alot lower as I did monitor cervix position when TTC

Not tmi at all (well at least not for me grin). Cervical position does indicate readiness for labor. It's usually very posterior (with the opening pointing towards your back) during pregnancy and prior to labor and will come more forward and easier to reach as the body gets ready. Sometimes it's also really hard to distinguish from the vaginal walls as everything is so mushy or it might be way off to one side too. I'm impressed! So many women aren't cool with checking their own bodies out. I've resisted having a "furtle" myself though, I don't go into my midwife brain and over analyse anything!

Ouch on the blister!

Maybe I'll just set up a facebook group for us and then you can join it if you want to find each other?

Okay, you can search for: The Mumsnet Gemini Luxury Bus. I had to add DH to the group so I could make a group.....but I'll kick him out once someone adds themselves smile

Jojobump1986 Wed 08-May-13 08:33:22

How concerned should I be about a nagging headache?! It came on yesterday evening & hasn't gone away. Usually my headaches/migraines go away with sleep. I'll get myself a caffeinated cup of tea in case it's a caffeine-headache because I didn't drink all of my usual 1 cup yesterday & I'll have some paracetamol. If it doesn't clear up quickly after that I'm going to have to call someone, aren't I? I've got an appointment tomorrow but I guess pre-eclampsia isn't really a wait-and-see situation! sad

Definatly see someone Jojo if it persists, like you said these things arnt wait and see situations, have you got any swelling on feet or hands as that's a sign too isn't it?

Lorelei353 Wed 08-May-13 09:34:52

It's no harm to call someone Jojo and get it checked out if it doesn't match your usual pattern. Are you well hydrated? Always affects my migraines and caffeine will dehydrate you.

Bring, I'll come join the FB group now. I was going to suggest the same thing. I'm happy to meet you all on there but my DH is quite private and he hasn't really wanted me to discuss the pregnancy on there (he's not on FB at all). I've referred to it but no pics or big announcement. In a private group we can chat away though.

Lorelei353 Wed 08-May-13 09:36:52

Hmm, that's not coming up in my search results Bring. Anyone else been able to find it? Maybe you need to invite people?

Jojobump1986 Wed 08-May-13 09:47:18

No, no swelling & the paracetamol/caffeine seems to be helping so I'm probably not about to collapse! Phew!

I can't find the group either! confused

Me either, saying no results you may have to invite us?
Just been to hospital to get my oc bloods done, they will let me know tomorrow but if beg want to re test in a week due to high family history so we will see

Jojobump1986 Wed 08-May-13 12:52:44

kitty I've pm'd you a link to the group. I'm still debating whether or not to join... Not entirely sure I want to bring all the TMI-ness of this thread into RL! grin I'm also a little reluctant to join a group that my RL friends could use to identify me on MN.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Wed 08-May-13 13:25:41

Can the group be made private once we're all in it please?

I thought it would be a private group? Yes definatly don't want to be identified by last nights cervix questions lol grin

Sorry for all who couldn't find it! I can switch the group to "secret" so people won't be able to see who is in it or what is being discussed. It was more just a way to give us a way to find each other on facebook and extend friendships if we would like to as I've kept in contact with some old mumsnet friends from when DS1 was young and it's fun to see our little ones growing up. I also am in favor of keeping the conversation on here. I won't feel offended if you don't to "join" anonymity is fun smile Here is the URL for the group if you couldn't find it before: https://www.facebook.com/groups/536460623066530/

Lor I haven't put anything about my pregnancy on FB. No one that I'm not close with in RL knows that I'm expecting #3 so it'll be fun to announce a new baby on FB in a few weeks!

It's been switched to "private" so it's searchable but no one who isn't in the group can see what's being said. Once everyone who wants to be friends on facebook finds it we can even just delete the group too! I just couldn't think of a better way to make myself facebook accessible without having to put my RL name out on a public forum, kwim? Come to think of it, now the group URL is out in the interwebs world so we'll have to delete the group eventually. Oy, what a mess this internet safety is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now