Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

The 3rd Gemini Luxury Bus

(996 Posts)
Librarina Sun 20-Jan-13 15:51:32

I thought I'd get our shiny new thread started, welcome.
Previos Thread

I also thought I'd include our little round up of who is having what, when...feel free to update, there's only a few of us so we shouldn't end up drowning in Stats!

kittykats : girl
JoJo: boy
Bringon: girl
Frust: boy
Blending: one of each
Lib: surprise - 1st baby - EDD June 7th
Lor: surprise (for now!)
Ohtheplaces: girl - 1st baby - EDD June 5th
Peardrop: boy

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 06-May-13 20:41:06

Thanks bring they're definately not starting at the top. no show or waters breaking. I didn't have either pre hospital with dd2, (dont remember a show at all) and dd1 i had a show after my 2nd sweep
Had loose stools for days so can't go on that one. but definately have the nausea.

Just phoned mat ward. They said to have a bath and something to eat, and ring back if I need too. but because he's still moving, and it's only a few days of term, he's not early early, so would be okay if I am in labour.

Now to sit in the bath and wait it out obviously not in the bath all night grin

A small glass of red wine helps slow it down too. Try to rest now while things are easy-going.

EEK! I can't believe one of us could be going so soon!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 06-May-13 20:58:05

<sulks>
I've had a bath and missed one. I knew that would happen. Darn it. <sulks>

bring I dont have wine. sad

Jojobump1986 Mon 06-May-13 21:07:46

The bath can slow things down but it won't stop it if it's started! Fx things pick up again soon! Do try to rest now & make sure you've got a bag packed & ready!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 06-May-13 21:28:11

Yeah I know. Just feel a bit dispondent now. Think I'm gonna call it a night, far too much excitement for one day.

If I have nothing overnight I might pop to the docs tomorrow about the weeing. Just in case.

Jojobump1986 Mon 06-May-13 21:29:22

Hope you manage to get some sleep! smile

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 06-May-13 21:32:02

Zzzzz I'm sure I'll get something before DH comes up and starts breathing and moving angry grin and it'll probably be deliberate since he's now sulking because he wanted tomorrow off work

Jojobump1986 Mon 06-May-13 21:35:53

Insist that you're still getting the contractions but you think it's going to be a while & he needs to be really still & quiet to let you get some rest...! Tomorrow could be a big day! wink

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 06-May-13 21:38:16

Twill never work. That would make him bounce about like an excited toddler. Which I could do without, especially after a day of bouncing about dds

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Mon 06-May-13 21:38:44

Night all.

Night Frus.

ps. we need a new thread soon!

Jojobump1986 Mon 06-May-13 21:44:54

I vote the new thread is called 'The 4th Gemini Luxury Bus - Complete With Car Seats'! grin

Night all, lets see what tomorrow brings

P.s frus you didn't really want it today/ tomorrow anyway, it's surposed to be another lovely day and we might only get a few this year wink go for a rainy one x

Baby decided to take matters into her own hands tonight while I was grocery shopping and she literally dropped into my pelvis with what felt like a thud. Nearly put me to my knees next to the lettuces! That was definitely a first for me and it was extremely hard to keep on shopping with what felt like a baby falling out. Called the midwife who basically told me to stand on my head when I got home to get her out of my pelvis as 35 weeks is much too early for her shenanigans and to watch out for any contractions. Scared the b'jesus out of DH because I came home and told him about it. His face was priceless! I think he's still living in a world where the idea of a baby actually coming in the next couple of weeks is a distant fantasy.... and I got out of having to empty the shopping bags out of the car grin

So, did some inversions (a la spinningbabies) and she's not as low anymore and we're sans contractions. Phew. I am NOT having a hospital birth! Stay in there baby!

Jojobump1986 Tue 07-May-13 05:30:52

grin @ the mental image of a heavily pregnant lady doing handstands!

Stay put baby! It's not quite time yet!

Hope you're feeling a bit calmer now bring!

Frus, how are you doing?

More shananagans!!! This should be labelled the naughty bus!
Hope your ok frus?
How did the inversions go bring, I had to stop in the end as made me feel ill with blood rushing to head I think or the pressure of baby?
I'm mighty pissed off with dh couldn't get to sleep last night till 2 think I had lots on my mind etc and dh to get up at 5:45 for work, asked him before to be as quiet as he can, fxxin alarm went off full volume then he's clattering around blowing his nose having showers banging doors, I'm so tired hmm

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Tue 07-May-13 06:38:34

Ooh scary bring not sure a thudding baby is quite what you need. would it make her a cabbage patch baby? grin have you done handstands? Have you got to be past 37 for a hb?

I vote for your new fred title too jojo grin

Well I can announce that after my bath, and a somewhat achey night. I have had no excitement unless you count dd wanted me to take her to the bathroom had a bit of period pain like cramp at some point when it was dark streetlights go off 1-5 But that's all gone now too.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Tue 07-May-13 06:41:38

Oh kitty you poor thing. That really don't get it do they.
that sounds like my DH in the mornings. I'm not sure how, if I can get 2 children out of the house without waking him on his day off, how he can't get himself out of the house without waking everybody is astounding.

That's exactly it frus! When I'm at work I can usually wake before alarm and I have my shower/bath the night before etc just so irritating and itl be the same tomorrow!
Glad last night was uneventfull unless you wanted it to be in which case baby stop tricking mummy and play nice!

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Tue 07-May-13 07:04:23

I'd have been quite happy with eventful kitty but I was so tired by the end of the day, it was probably for the best that it stopped.

I think DHs are probably only annoying us so much because we're hormonal, heavy, uncomfortable and aren't sleeping as well as we could.

Lorelei353 Tue 07-May-13 09:43:57

Wow, lots of excitement the last few days! Can't believe we're at the stage where things could really be starting! I'm not ready to go though so not too panicked. Baby's not engaged yet and still sitting quite high so it's all good. I don't really want to go early, and DH definitely doesn't want me to - he's planned his workload to lighten much closer to due date.

Going back a bit I just wanted to echo what lib said about being pregnant for the first time. It's been hard at times, even though I've been lucky and had a pretty easy time of it overall, but I've been endlessly fascinated and amazed by what my body has been doing over the last 8months. It's been a truly incredible experience being pregnant and feeling this little person grow and wriggle and kick inside me. I feel very lucky.

Ha, yeah, pregnant lady handstands! That would be me last night. The head-pounding feeling goes after you've done them a few times through the whole pregnancy so it was an easy down and up. No more shenanigans from her-although now her head is nestled into my right hip instead of pointing downward hmm. Whatevs, today is bodywork day and Operation: Get Rid of Achy Hips Day so it'll just all work it's way out.

Oy Kitty! That DH of yours..... well.... when baby comes instead of being discrete with nappy changes and nursing in the middle of the night you can flip on ALL of the lights, let babe fuss for just a minute, and make him go get you a snack so it's just enough to get yours back after his lack of consideration for a pregnant lady's sleep! wink Teehee!

Glad you were able to get some rest, Frus. Midwives that I've worked with say that 3rd babies are wildcards and sometimes they will cause days weeks of random labor patterns before they are ready and then things go veerrrrrry quickly (sorry, I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer).

Lor it's fabulous having 1st timers remind us why we did this again and how amazing it really all is. The shine sort of diminishes after the first or second for some reason, which is kind of sad! Thank you for the reminder that this only happens a few times in our lives and that in the end of the day it's all so short and fleeting of a time!

Librarina Tue 07-May-13 14:16:39

Hello everyone, gosh things have been eventful over the weekend. I'm glad babies are currently staying inside though, it's too sunny to be giving birth... let's do it on a rainy day and play outside now whilst we still can.

Last week at work for me. Which is a good job as I'm struggling to find shoes to fit my enormous shrek-feet.

I'm going to pack my bag next week when I'm on Mat leave. So far I have 5 bars of chocolate, lip balm, handcream and some new slippers.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Tue 07-May-13 14:28:31

That sounds like a well packed bag to me lib grin just need some granny pants and you're set to go. grin
I have 2 more days at work to get through. Why did we decide to work this late lib? It sounded like a good idea at the time.

bring I shall attempt to resign myself to the fact that I shall have a few more false starts. And ignore DHs "any niggles" questions. Technically I could still have 5 weeks to go.
<ignores self>
<<la la lah, I'm not listening>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now